Least Favorite Part

Saaji

So what's your least favorite part in RD, mine is without a doubt part two because it jumps all over the place character wise and feels like it really could have been mentioned as events that happened but we didn't have to play through they could just have those characters appear in part 3 a little higher level and earlier to make up the lost play time then again only Nephenee loses any amount of play time actually.

Honestly I think Part 1 should have been extended a little bit so we get to know the Dawn Brigade a little better and give them more play time as their biggest weakness is their levels being lower compared to their peers. Also I reckon part 4 could have been made longer and and have the map follow the massive style of FE4 to make the epicness of the adventure felt and remove the split party nonsense. An extended part four would make the ending less rushed in feel and perhaps we could of have a bit more doubt shown in everyone's heart since everyone was pretty much like "Oh? Ashera is a bad goddess lets go a kick her ass and bring life back into the world ya bro!"

I know these changes would be pretty drastic but it would make RD better in my eyes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind part one for the most part and Micciah is just a different type of unit, she's a knight killer which most of your unit cant deal with in part one. Part one is just too short and chapter 1-7,1-8,1-9 is what ruins part 1 because of the limited unit choice and what not. It should have a few more chapters like 1-6 that are decent battles with the option to use most of your party.

Also out of the chapters that I mentioned the only one I truly detest is 1-9 since its a waste of time that could been just a cut scene instead of being played out. As my only grip with 1-7,and 1-8 is limited unit choice as most of the forced characters dont deserve or need the experience you get in that battle.

Part fucking one.

Micaiah being the worst lord in the series statistically, and going through with no leadership stars just makes Part 1 hard.

There aren't many good characters there either.

Yeah, and the only good units are...

Ilyana

Jill

Zihark

Nolan

Sothe

Laura

Vika

Laura

Aran

Not counting the BKand Nailah, they are experience eaters.

------

Any of the chapter following Micaiah. Most of her units are garbage tier, and that her scenario should've been longer and had at least five more chapters in Part I. In truth, the amount of time given for your units in Part I isn't enough which is why Part 3-6 is so difficult.

Part 1 by far. It's impossible to have a well balanced team (everyone being around the same level and kicking ass at the same time) without tons of boss abuse. There's only enough experience to make 3-4 characters really good and they give you so many prepromotes to make it slightly easier. Except most of them leave after part 1 and Sothe, Zihark and Volug gain little to no exp so there's no point in using them in part 1. You're stuck playing part 1 with only 3-4 characters, Micaiah (cause she's forced), Sothe & Volug (forced but you don't want to use them cause they take exp away from the rest of the team), and Laura (the only healer).

Micaiah being the worst lord in the series statistically, and going through with no leadership stars just makes Part 1 hard.

^That's easily debatable.

I liked all the parts, but I'd likely choose part 2 as my favorite. It was short, but difficult, and I am one of the few who actually like the team jumping. For me it's 2>3>1>4. 4 is last only because it was the easiest. I still enjoy it.

I like them all, but I can't stand the first six chapters of part 4. The chapters are too big, too many reinforcements pop up everywhere and it takes way too long. I've never played FE4, but the idea of all the teams going in one giant chapter with multiple castles to take over would have rocked! And I hate the swamp/mountain chapter(s) because they rape your horses. It's probably that way because the developers thought they were broken in PoR, but still, come on!

Hmm, I think part 1 was nice, even though the members of DB needed more time to grow stronger.

Part two was... meh. I didn't like it. But I have to admit that I became quite surprised when Leanne and Nealuchi showed up so early.

Part 3 probably the best, but I still can't get rid of the feeling that it ended in chapter 10. <_<

I didn't like part 4 very much. The characters, who do not enter the tower, has only got two chapters to fight. (Not to mention Oliver and Volke.)

So I have to say that part 1 was the best.

Even though Naesala joins in part 4.

Story-wise, I felt that Part 2 was my least favorite part in the game. It came off on me as being very pointless, because the whole rebellion in Crimea didn't really amount to too much other than getting closer to waking the dark god. (At least the end of Part 1 had something in it that the creators were able to extend to Part 3.)

Gameplay-wise, the Part 3 Dawn Brigade chapters are my least favorite part, since you can very easily screw yourself over for those chapters.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Part One. The whole game is almost trash because the hardest part of the game (by far) is the first one. I'm sorry, but that just should not happen.

Almost all Fire Emblem games are harder in the start than at the end. Also, Kid Icarus.

On-topic: Part 2. It was boring. I only liked Part 2-Endgame.

Almost all Fire Emblem games are harder in the start than at the end. Also, Kid Icarus.

That's a matter of viewpoint. The starting chapters are also much smaller, thus not taking nearly as long, thus not being much of a loss if you have to start over.

That's a matter of viewpoint. The starting chapters are also much smaller, thus not taking nearly as long, thus not being much of a loss if you have to start over.

FE6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are normally considered harder at the start of the game. I can't really say anything about the others, but that's still nearly half the series.

FE6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are normally considered harder at the start of the game. I can't really say anything about the others, but that's still nearly half the series.

I didn't say you were wrong. What comes with the added difficulty is the fact that there isn't much risk, since the harder it is, the shorter it tends to be as well. If you risk losing a character in the second to last chapter of the game, that could be 30 minutes to an hour of playtime to restart. In the beginning, however, it may only be about 5-10 minutes. It's harder, but not as punishing.

Don't tell me you found Lyn's tutorial chapters hard.

I'm kind of surprised how many people hate part 1, I supposed for my first two PTs I had little trouble with it and I raised a very unbalanced party also. The bulk of the offense was built into Zihark, and Sothe while Aran and Nolan acted as my shields mainly just needing to survive.

My current play through I'm doing a much better time raising my party evenly Micciah actually has some speed to so she wont get doubled, Zihark and Volug are one super tag team, while Nolan supports Laura for little avoid bonus and so Laura can be there to heal him as needed. Edward and Leo are back up to Nolan. Sothe and Micciah generally take care of whatever I need to get done. Who I find not as great as most claim is Jill since she has less play time compared to Zihark in a chapter that she'd be awesome to have in..and she starts out a little lop sided. Though that could be fixed with some transfer bonus which also can make Sothe and Zihark even stronger.

3-6 isn't that bad of a chapter in fact it's the later DB chapters in part 3 that are more trouble some especially when you cross paths with the GM's who are generally way too strong for most characters to deal with... but with my uneven leveling my Zihark is usually strong enough to deal with Ike without too much trouble.

^That's easily debatable.
Can you think of anyone worse? I know I can't.

Micaiah's a lord in a game where enemies have ridiculously high hit and AS and her evade and AS are ridiculously low. And late promotions too. And crappy light magic.

Part 4 was my least favorite part because everyone was promoted. I found it more fun to make people work towards the promotion goal so getting to it was actually a bit of a buzzkill... I guess.

I also hate the plot.

Edited by Nathan Graves

Part fucking one.

There aren't many good characters there either.

What are the stars for?

Anyways part one.