9/14/23 Direct announced

Perkilator

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wish list remains the same as ever.

* Literally anything Fire Emblem. Okay, almost anything... nothing Mobile-adjacent.

* A new licensed Warriors game. I'm expecting a new mainline Warriors game (DW10) either here or at TGS, but something for Nintendo, Square, Sega, or Bandai would really make my day.

* Golden Sun.... but I won't hold my breath.

Here's my hopes and predictions:

Hopes:

1. A Genealogy of the Holy War remake; specifically, one that is a from-the-ground-up remake, but still a remake.

2. A remake of the Zelda Oracle games that is a bundle that includes the cancelled third game. This one can be a 1-1 remake like Ocarina of Time 3D and Link's Reawakening, as the inclusion of the cancelled third game would easily be enough to make the remake worth it.

3. A way to purchase at least some of the individual games that are available on Nintendo Switch Online. There are multiple games on that service that I want to play, but not enough to make me want to use it, especially since I'm not actually purchasing the games; I'm just renting the ability to play them. I still have Oracle of Seasons on my 3DS; I want to be able to purchase the Oracle games and actually keep them.

Predictions:

1. A new Warriors game that is a crossover with Tears of the Kingdom. The announcement will claim that the game takes place during the events of the Imprisoning War and will show the full story of Hyrule's founding and the war against Ganondorf. However, there will be a zonai construct shaped like a celery stick that wasn't there in any of the flashbacks...

2. Another trailer for the Super Mario RPG remake.

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Here's my hopes and predictions:

Hopes:

1. A Genealogy of the Holy War remake; specifically, one that is a from-the-ground-up remake, but still a remake.

2. A remake of the Zelda Oracle games that is a bundle that includes the cancelled third game. This one can be a 1-1 remake like Ocarina of Time 3D and Link's Reawakening, as the inclusion of the cancelled third game would easily be enough to make the remake worth it.

3. A way to purchase at least some of the individual games that are available on Nintendo Switch Online. There are multiple games on that service that I want to play, but not enough to make me want to use it, especially since I'm not actually purchasing the games; I'm just renting the ability to play them. I still have Oracle of Seasons on my 3DS; I want to be able to purchase the Oracle games and actually keep them.

Predictions:

1. A new Warriors game that is a crossover with Tears of the Kingdom. The announcement will claim that the game takes place during the events of the Imprisoning War and will show the full story of Hyrule's founding and the war against Ganondorf. However, there will be a zonai construct shaped like a celery stick that wasn't there in any of the flashbacks...

2. Another trailer for the Super Mario RPG remake.

I think they'll take any excuse to make another Hyrule Warriors. It'll be super unnecessary since they've basically exhausted the IP, but it will happen anyway because it'll sell.

That said... it's probably too soon for that. It basically entails that Koei was shown TotK during development, and has been concurrently developing this game off of the bones of Age of Calamity.

(But hey, if it adds Kass, who am I to complain).

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think they'll take any excuse to make another Hyrule Warriors. It'll be super unnecessary since they've basically exhausted the IP, but it will happen anyway because it'll sell.

That said... it's probably too soon for that. It basically entails that Koei was shown TotK during development, and has been concurrently developing this game off of the bones of Age of Calamity.

(But hey, if it adds Kass, who am I to complain).

Yeah, it is too soon. But I can't help but be concerned that they will once again create a crossover that will be falsely-advertised as a prequel only for it to be a what-if time travel narrative. It would be especially egregious in the case of a Tears of the Kingdom crossover because Tears of the Kingdom already has time travel in it that is firmly established as a closed time loop; the past doesn't change.

That said, it might not actually be too soon, since the Zelda team did spent an entire year just polishing Tears of the Kingdom, and they could've shown Koei Tecmo the game during the year of polish.

What did you think of my other hopes and predictions?

6 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah, it is too soon. But I can't help but be concerned that they will once again create a crossover that will be falsely-advertised as a prequel only for it to be a what-if time travel narrative. It would be especially egregious in the case of a Tears of the Kingdom crossover because Tears of the Kingdom already has time travel in it that is firmly established as a closed time loop; the past doesn't change.

That said, it might not actually be too soon, since the Zelda team did spent an entire year just polishing Tears of the Kingdom, and they could've shown Koei Tecmo the game during the year of polish.

What did you think of my other hopes and predictions?

Honestly, if they're gonna do it, they should just go full on bullshit and smash it together with Hyrule Warriors DE. Sort of like a Hyrule Warriors Ultimate experience. That'd at least give it a reason to exist beyond something that could have just been an AoC dlc.

I think the Geneology remake is a given, unless they do Binding/Blazing or PoR/RD instead. If this game isn't announced by spring next year, it's a next-gen exclusive game for sure.

And uh... I don't care about the Oracle games or NSO so no comment.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Honestly, if they're gonna do it, they should just go full on bullshit and smash it together with Hyrule Warriors DE. Sort of like a Hyrule Warriors Ultimate experience. That'd at least give it a reason to exist beyond something that could have just been an AoC dlc.

I think the Genealogy remake is a given, unless they do Binding/Blazing or PoR/RD instead. If this game isn't announced by spring next year, it's a next-gen exclusive game for sure.

And uh... I don't care about the Oracle games or NSO so no comment.

Yeah; I still wouldn't purchase it if they did that, but I would be able to somewhat respect it. I'd respect an actual prequel more, but Age of Calamity proved they aren't willing to do that even when they have a golden opportunity.

I hope they don't skip over Genealogy; it would be really good to see more of the currently Japan-exclusive FE games to see versions that get international releases. But yeah; it is almost-certainly a given.

I see. Okay.

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I still wouldn't purchase it if they did that, but I would be able to somewhat respect it. I'd respect an actual prequel more, but Age of Calamity proved they aren't willing to do that even when they have a golden opportunity.

I hope they don't skip over Genealogy; it would be really good to see more of the currently Japan-exclusive FE games to see versions that get international releases. But yeah; it is almost-certainly a given.

I see. Okay.

I wasn't implying that they shouldn't do Geneology. It's one of the best and most important games in the series.

But like, I wish FE stepped up its remake production cycle. Because basically everything pre-Awakening deserves a remake, and they've thus far only done the most unappealing games (IMO).

I'm still hoping for a FE6 remake, personally, even though I don't have much faith in it, after Engage's otherwise mostly-accurate leaker pointed to FE4. And even if they did release a FE6 remake, after Engage and Three Houses, I'm kind of apprehensive of FE on the Switch period. If the loading times and general performance are as appalling as in those two games, and if they go the extra mile and shoehorn hubs into the remake, even my coveted FE6 remake could end up being "FE6 but more tedious to play", and that'd be even more annoying than Merlinus - Which just isn't right, nothing's allowed to be more annoying than FE6 Merlinus.

As for the FE4 remake, I probably will pass on it regardless. I beat FE4 once, strategically massacred all of gen 1 except the ones whose substitute children would be stronger, defeated Loptyr with an army of meme units (and Ares) and got all the enjoyment I think I could ever get out of the game. Replaying it, even in the form of a remake, will only make me lose patience with the walking quicker.

...Frankly, I don't think a FE remake period will draw my attention much lol. I've played each of the FEs I've enjoyed to death, and if I wanted to play them again, I'd just go for the OGs. For me, they hold up, and for the reason I brought up before I'm worried there's a significant chance I'd enjoy remakes on the Switch less. The only games I'd say haven't aged as well are the first three, and those are the ones that already got remakes anyway. Heck, I even discovered a few months ago that I can have a pretty sweet time with FE1, of all games. Though I understand I'm the weirdo there. It beats FE3 book 1, fight me

On a less "party pooper" note, I hope we get more footage of the Peach game. It seems enough of a side thing that they might throw it in the middle of the lesser title extravaganza. I've learned not to underestimate that section of these things. The one time I can remember a Direct actually blowing my mind and having me make silly faces in front of my computer was when I was listening to it on the background and suddenly began to recognize the music. I understand the irony of making such a statement right after spending three paragraphs talking about how little I want remakes of games from one of my favorite videogame series

One thing I've been asking myself is, "Why was there a Super Mario Bros Wonder mini-direct?" It would've made sense if it were the last Direct before its release on October 20th, but apparently, that's not the case. They could've covered those new details in this upcoming Direct instead - so, what gives? Perhaps something is coming in this Direct that would've overshadowed it. Perhaps it's whatever Nintendo's next system will be. We already know developers have gotten kits for it...

Not trying to will the announcement into happening. I'm quite happy with the Nintendo Switch as it is. I'm just here to fulfill the inevitable "OMG Switch 2?!?!?" quota.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a less "party pooper" note, I hope we get more footage of the Peach game. It seems enough of a side thing that they might throw it in the middle of the lesser title extravaganza.

Would be very cool to see! Although, with how limited the previous teaser trailer was, I wonder if they really have any more of it to show?

Anyway, I'd love to see either "FE4 remake" or "FE6 remake", and I do think the Switch will host a Fire Emblem remake title. That said, since we've already received one new main series game this year, I'm doubtful of even getting an announcement before 2024.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Not trying to will the announcement into happening. I'm quite happy with the Nintendo Switch as it is. I'm just here to fulfill the inevitable "OMG Switch 2?!?!?" quota.

Personally, Switch 2 means I don't get to play Nintendo games for a few years, because I am not splurging a few hundred moneys on a plastic paperweight until there's a decent amount of titles I know I want to play on it. Did the same with the Switch, too. So as much as I hate the Switch's awful hardware and how much it blatantly cripples the games in it... yeah I'd rather they stretch it as long as they can lol

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Would be very cool to see! Although, with how limited the previous teaser trailer was, I wonder if they really have any more of it to show?

We don't have a release date yet, but it's due to come out next year, so they must have it at least somewhat done. Perhaps it will not be in this direct, but the next one.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wasn't implying that they shouldn't do Genealogy. It's one of the best and most important games in the series.

I didn't think you were implying that. Sorry if it came across as If I thought you were implying that. I agree that it is an important game in the series.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a less "party pooper" note, I hope we get more footage of the Peach game. It seems enough of a side thing that they might throw it in the middle of the lesser title extravaganza.

That would be neat. I'm not really interested in the Peach game, but it would be neat to see more of it since barely anything was shown during the announcement.

6 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

That would be neat. I'm not really interested in the Peach game, but it would be neat to see more of it since barely anything was shown during the announcement.

I like just the idea of Peach getting another game, at long last. It's probably too much to hope, but I wish they'd give her a battle axe like she gets in the movie. That's like, by far the coolest thing the movie did, period. It needs to become official in the games that Peach runs around with a friggin' halberd to chop off Bowser's noggin with.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like just the idea of Peach getting another game, at long last. It's probably too much to hope, but I wish they'd give her a battle axe like she gets in the movie. That's like, by far the coolest thing the movie did, period. It needs to become official in the games that Peach runs around with a friggin' halberd to chop off Bowser's noggin with.

That Mario Warriors that Koei apparently wants to do suddenly just got way more metal.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That Mario Warriors that Koei apparently wants to do suddenly just got way more metal.

Mario Warriors sounds like a pretty fun idea until they make my favorite character (Luigi) unplayable just to piss me off I'll never forgive you for Hanneman Koei, never, neveeeerrrr

Anyway, I think the Mario and Rabbids games did a pretty good work of showing that Mario and friends can be made to wield weaponry without it feeling out of place. It's just a matter of style and execution. I mean, they made Luigi popping heads with a gosh darned sniper rifle feel completely natural.

I definitely think I feel like we need a new Warriors game that might use other Nintendo IPs like Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, Pokémon Warriors, Kirby Warriors, etc. I know that we did got Three Hopes last year and we did had Age of Calamity recently as well.

Also my predictions that I would like to see it happen are:

1. Fire Emblem Remake announced
  2. Mega Man 12
  3. Maybe a new Mega Man Legacy Collection gets announced
  4. TurboGrafx-16 NSO App Announcement
  5. Another Tales of Series game gets imported
  6. Tekken games to Nintendo Switch
  7. Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves coming to Nintendo Switch
Edited by King Marth 64

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mario Warriors sounds like a pretty fun idea until they make my favorite character (Luigi) unplayable just to piss me off I'll never forgive you for Hanneman Koei, never, neveeeerrrr

Anyway, I think the Mario and Rabbids games did a pretty good work of showing that Mario and friends can be made to wield weaponry without it feeling out of place. It's just a matter of style and execution. I mean, they made Luigi popping heads with a gosh darned sniper rifle feel completely natural.

Sniper Luigi felt totally natural after Mario Kart introduced his death stare.

I hope they would also include DK and Yoshi. Not only because I don't want DK Warriors ever, but well, because they just feel like such natural fits on the roster. I would main the hell out of Yoshi.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I see. Peach wielding a poleaxe like in the movie would be fun to see.

Personally, I'd personally prefer to see a Princess Zelda game rather than a Princess Peach game, but the two ideas are by no means mutually-exclusive, and perhaps the release of another Princess Peach game might encourage Nintendo to make a Princess Zelda game.

Just now, vanguard333 said:

I see. Peach wielding a poleaxe like in the movie would be fun to see.

Personally, I'd personally prefer to see a Princess Zelda game rather than a Princess Peach game, but the two ideas are by no means mutually-exclusive, and perhaps the release of another Princess Peach game might encourage Nintendo to make a Princess Zelda game.

That'd be interesting. I am no fan of the Zelda series, but it's a crime that the titular princess has yet to get a game of her own. Unless you count the CDi games - which you should, they're great. They're the only two Zelda games I have ever completed. That could also be considered a crime, I'm sure...

1 minute ago, Hrothgar777 said:

How do they define "this winter"?

If they strictly mean games coming out by December, then I think that takes Genealogy remake out of the running. Or does the term include Jan/Feb/early March 2024?

I would assume it to mean the timeframe starting on Black Friday 2023, and running through the middle of March 2024. Like, that's still part of "this (upcoming) Winter". And not announcing anything beyond New Year's would be atypical, since the next full Direct likely won't be until next February.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sniper Luigi felt totally natural after Mario Kart introduced his death stare.

Which they referenced, lest you forget.

...Mario and Rabbids is such an awesome series. Best Mario spin-offs since Strikers Charged. Who would've thought, a subsidiary of Ubisoft of all companies...

13 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I would assume it to mean the timeframe starting on Black Friday 2023, and running through the middle of March 2024. Like, that's still part of "this (upcoming) Winter". And not announcing anything beyond New Year's would be atypical, since the next full Direct likely won't be until next February.

Right. When you say "full Direct", did that mean the June direct was shorter than normal?

(Also, it feels absolutely wild that 3 months have passed since then. WTF has become of my sense of the passage of time nowadays?)

So, we get one after all. I was wondering if the Wonder Direct spelt the sign there'd be nothing at this point in time. Guess the September Direct is eternal. Honestly, no particular wants myself, considering how June went I think that's for the best.

With all the talk going on lately, I though of something. Considering Switch 2 supposedly coming, it supposedly being backwards compatible, Nintendo's willingness to release a title or two on older consoles after the new one comes out (3DS being the easiest example, though not exactly the most regular one) and the Switch's large install base, I have an idea relating to FE remakes and I think this could make sense regardless of Genealogy, BinB or PoR: they might release one of these as the next title and push backwards compatibility with it and make it's interquel/prequel/sequel 2itch exclusive as a sales pitch (or not, this is me spouting rubbish). None of this means that it's revealled tomorrow either.

And with the news of Unity trying to charge for every copy of games made with it ever, are we about to get the mass response of the studios delisting everything made witth it? Engage included. NEO TWEWY included.

This idea can't be let live.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hope they would also include DK and Yoshi. Not only because I don't want DK Warriors ever, but well, because they just feel like such natural fits on the roster. I would main the hell out of Yoshi.

In before DKLC

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Any particular genre?