Good ol' Phelps

Esau of Isaac

Wow, fundamentalists and extremists saying incredibly stupid shit. What else is new? Can't we just ignore these fuckers and move on? It's not like we're gonna reason with these unreasonables. Years of therapy would be required. Best we could do is basically yell at them on the same level. Besides...for how insane these people are, anyone with common sense would ignore these psychopaths. If their numbers grew should they actually reasonably might become a problem.

Overpopulation sucks.

Edited by Grandjackal

What the hell? The Victorian bushfires were a result of incredibly hot days. I went over to the affected areas, and it's not a pretty sight; it looks like something out of Silent Hill.

Anyway, one of the reasons I don't like to say that I'm religious is because of extremists like this.

Eh? I thought it was an arsonist.

Or did they rule that out?

They are trolls, in a way. Originally, they weren't too big on gay hate, but when they realized it got the church attention, they turned it up to 11.

You could say they're trolling, but it's not pure trolling, that is, getting people angry as both a means and an end.

I'm a Baptist.....

Ever since I heard of these guys, I always pay attention to make sure my church doesn't try to turn into this. I feel like I'm safe, though my pastor went over a section about how bigotry is bad, today. Still, folks like West Boro Baptist and the Ku Klux Klan just depress me. Using Christianity, which encourages peace and discourages hatred, for hatred is just wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts. I just hope these guys come to their senses.

I just hope these guys come to their senses.

Given that they tried to go to England once, I'm pretty sure that they won't come to their senses until somebody does the only sensible thing one can do to these dumb fucks; plug 'em in the back of the head with a rifle bullet.

Thing is though, according to the Bible you don't have to do anything good to go to heaven. You can murder the entire human race and if you believe that Christ died for your sins with all your heart you're forgiven.

You cant do things that are sinful outright, and then go back time and time again and ask forgiven. That means you are taking advantage of the concept of a loving and forgiving God, and that is wrong. So really, If you killed the whole world, then still said you believed and asked for forgivness, it would be a moot point. Because in doing that, you would prove you dont beleive.

Edited by Indeed

You cant do things that are sinful outright, and then go back time and time again and ask forgiven. That means you are taking advantage of the concept of a loving and forgiving God, and that is wrong.

The only thing that would invalidate it would be a lack of sadness for performing the action. If you're truly sorrowful and are attempting to repent, most denominations of Christianity state that God will forgive anything.

Of course there are passages of the Bible that disagree with that, but then that's not so surprising, is it? emotv.gif

So really, If you killed the whole world, then still said you believed and asked for forgivness, it would be a moot point. Because in doing that, you would prove you dont beleive.

I attempted to parse this statement. I failed.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Eh? I thought it was an arsonist.

Or did they rule that out?

There were something like 4 bushfires, only one of them was by an "arsonist", which was probably some guy on his barbecue.