FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Female Eltosian's children are Aless and Linoan. Its a girl, so pair normally.

So Eltosian is a woman? Jesus...

Bridget's slot, after all.

Neir is a crack patch.

I figured as much, what with Mahnya having Major Neir and Elite.

On that note, who are the rest of the characters' children? I paired the characters according to their corresponding replacements, but now I'm not so sure if that was a good idea.

Edited by Angelix

I figured as much, what with Mahnya having Major Neir and Elite.

On that note, who are the rest of the characters' children? I paired the characters according to their corresponding replacements, but now I'm not so sure if that was a good idea.

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...u/pairings.html

There's no point in making a highly customized patch if it works just like the original, I guess.

Does Geonology of Fala have a pairing guide?

If it does can you translate it please?

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...fu/pairings.txt

Notice that it's a discontinued patch, although I guess that only matters for those who can read the story.

There's also a readme...

Edited by TheEnd

I have a question about child growth rates in Genealogy of Fala. As an example, Lex who's children are Lana and Lester. Since Lana is an axe knight does she get Lex's growth rates and half of her mother's or the opposite? Lester gets his mother's growth rates and half of Lex's?

I know its probably simple, but the reverse pairing got me confused about the growth rates for the kids.

There is. Actually, I'd say that Tordo's documentation is one of the most complete I've found, player-wise (no hacking notes, unlike say, Inflation).

It's a bit large and I'm translating it slowly, but it'll get done eventually (since I have plans of playing it myself, either way).

Edited by Tiena

I'm really liking the cast in the Tordo patch: Reinhardt, Othin, Asvel, Eltoshan, Homeros, Arion, Saphy, Leidrick, Olwen, Lifis, Ishtar, Dean. Linoan, Brighton, pretty much all of the favorites from FE5. I was thinking of trying Fala next, but it looks like I'll try Tordo instead.

BTW TheEnd, when you are done with Tordo, do you think you could translate a portion of the FE8Girls readme? Not the entire thing (Its very long), but maybe just the beginning where it briefly says what has been changed.

I finally got around to digging up the files I downloaded off the first server. Turns out I didn't actually keep that many, but I suspect most of the good stuff was brought over to the second one anyway.

FE4 critical patch - I can't remember what this does. I assume it alters the critical formula used by the game.

FE5 ZC - Seems to be a hack featuring branched promotions. I noticed its got a few crack characters in there (Eirika, Linus? Uh okay...), otherwise no clue.

Xorshift - Appears to modify the RNG in FE3.

Another Thracia 776 - Absolutely no clue at all.

FE5 Spells - Fixes the battle and map animations for the unused spells. Also lets you add in Narga (I believe it has instructions on how to set Narga's animation to a weapon).

I was sure I had patches for FE4's sword skills and improved Pursuit. Oh well.

I finally got around to digging up the files I downloaded off the first server. Turns out I didn't actually keep that many, but I suspect most of the good stuff was brought over to the second one anyway.

FE4 critical patch - I can't remember what this does. I assume it alters the critical formula used by the game.

FE5 ZC - Seems to be a hack featuring branched promotions. I noticed its got a few crack characters in there (Eirika, Linus? Uh okay...), otherwise no clue.

Xorshift - Appears to modify the RNG in FE3.

Another Thracia 776 - Absolutely no clue at all.

FE5 Spells - Fixes the battle and map animations for the unused spells. Also lets you add in Narga (I believe it has instructions on how to set Narga's animation to a weapon).

I was sure I had patches for FE4's sword skills and improved Pursuit. Oh well.

The Sword Skills patch is still in the uploader, although I didn't find the dual-stage Pursuit one.

FE5_ZC is in the uploader as well; apparently it's a completed hack.

Anyway. Tordo's readme.

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...eifu/readme.txt

A note I forgot to add to the pairing guide: I didn't play that patch yet, so there may be some mistakes/misinterpretations.

BTW TheEnd, when you are done with Tordo, do you think you could translate a portion of the FE8Girls readme? Not the entire thing (Its very long), but maybe just the beginning where it briefly says what has been changed.

I'll take a look at it when I finish Tordo's documentation.

EDIT: Mostly a curiosity, but...

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...changetable.txt

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...fu/classes.html

EDIT2:

Alright, I'll start translating that FEGIRLS readme instead of doing manual work making item tables.

Thing is, it's now organized as a HTML file. It includes the following sections:

• Maps and scenarios
  • Battle and formulae
  • System
  • Stats and promotions
  • Skills
  • Items
  • Bugs and workarounds
  • Data, etc. (Spoiler Alert!)

Choose your list of priorities. lolblindshooting

I'll do the bugs section first, regardless.

Edited by Tiena

A note I forgot to add to the pairing guide: I didn't play that patch yet, so there may be some mistakes/misinterpretations.

The only mistakes I found are in the Unit Guide for Saphy were it says "Thanks to her Narga and Blagi bloodlines, her light and staff ranks will become A upon class change to Saint, her strongest option.". First her Narga and Blagi blood give her and A in both Staffs and Light magic before Promotion. Second she can class change into a Sage not a Saint. Also her name is misspelled a the beginning of the paragraph but that is obviously a typo.

In Tordo's readme it says that 2nd gen growth rate formula for the kids are changed to (mom's growths+dad's growths)/4.

So for an example would if a the mom's hp growth rate is 60 and the father's is 80 would both kid's hp growth rates by 35 or would the daughter's hp growth rate be 80 and the son's hp growth rate be 95?

I'm presuming that it means the kids get the same growths, holy blood excluded.

For instance... take Levin and Ethnya. Levin's speed is 20+60, Ethnya's 45.

Tinny gets major Holsety, so her growth would be (20+45)/4 + 60 = 17+60 = 77%

Arthur gets minor, so his growth would be (20+45)/4 + 30 = 17+30 = 47%

Or at least that's how I understand it.

EDIT: Translated the Skill page of the FE8 Girls manual. Battle and formulae will come next.

Edited by Tiena

The kids' growth rates just seem too low compared to some of the fixed characters in the 2nd gen of GoT when following that formula. Doesn't really make sense when enemies are stronger in the 2nd gen.