FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

Thanks for translating that readme end. Though, I want to know something specific. Which chr file would I copy into the hex to get the forrest throwing axe animation? All the chr files are labeled in japanese it looks like. How would I copy the respective chr file contents through use of a hex editor?

Edited by BigBoss7556

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help you with the filenames, sorry. My Windows mangles them, so my guesses would be as good as yours - unless your Windows actually shows the filenames as Japanese, and not as àíáúíóáís. In that case, I'd be able to help if you posted a screenshot.

About the copying: overwrite. Copy the chr contents to the clipboard, select the section you want to overwrite and paste. Remember: data integrity must be kept. If you add or remove even one byte of the rom, it can become useless. So, paste a string of 20 bytes over another string of 20 bytes, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if the Fire Emblem 4 hack that features Cuan as the main lord is finished?

It's still being worked on and gets updated every once in a while. The documentation doesn't have much info yet, though.

• 2 weeks later...

When I used a custom map from the fe4 map editor, the game froze when I tried to go to the map. I half expected it though.

There is an enemy that is likely unable to get to the set location. You can edit both the starting points and destination points of enemies in some part of the map editor. Try to make the enemies go places where terrain won't impede their direction--sometimes the "AI" will naturally move around worse terrain, but often they crash. Also, sometimes if certain enemies (any unit) is too far away from their vanilla position, they may also crash, as the game "draws" them in a different manner.

In other words, first make sure you edit the enemy locations so that no enemy finds themselves in a location where they cannot actually move. Sometimes the game doesn't care. Others, the game will refuse to load. To move units around, tick the middle button above the map--this will enable the ability to see units. Then, head into the file menus and select the second from the left, then the one for units (U). From here, you should click on the drop menu in the new box and, depending on the map, choose one of the pointer tables to load for the active units of the map. If you load the first map ($00), the first mass of units should be the first available pointer--however, not all masses of units arrive, and are laid out, in chronological order. Going by memory or a secondary reference is best to figure out what enemies are what, unless you understand the unit data (which refreshes with each new enemy in the unit dialogue box).

I think moving around the units is changing their starting coordinates, and changing the coordinates in the unit dialogue box changes their destination coordinates--this gives the unit the walking animations between one point and another, which gives the game more of an cinematic view. However, some events wait until all units have finished moving towards their destination before moving on: in these cases, units whose end-destinations are too far will take forever to reach, thus leaving the player with a stalled sense. Sometimes, if the AI is unable to arrive, this will also crash the game. This works for virtually all units, including allied ones (as a point of reference, in the first map, Ardan can only be moved if you move the castle or remove the non-walkable attributes from the tiles: he is called as a unit to be "drawn" on the map, and can move accordingly to any permissible location, so long as he is not confined. This contradicts some of the earlier things said--a lot of things do too). Your best bet is, once you know how to move units around with the editor, to continually check your edits to make sure nothing bad happens. At worst, just edit your map to suit the needs of the game, especially if you don't know how to manually locate why the game is having trouble with your decided movements and coordinates.

I think in the pinned Binary thread, at some point TheEnd translated an earlier (or most recent) readme of the map editor which may clear up some of the features for you. I tried looking through my edits, but I can't find any saved examples I could send to you. Hope this helps--if not, let us know.

(this is also virtually the same for the Monshou (FE3) editor)

Edited by Celice

If you don't mind, I'll explore some of the hacks

属性システム完成 By58 ◆sU.970rMKw

Fe4

This appears to give affinities to characters.

FE4 ステータスフォントサンプル修正版

Fe4 touhou. It looks really good, but it seems to disable pairings. I have no idea how complete it is

FE4 ちょっとしたグラフィック変更

Fe4

This one merely changes the appearance of the skill symbols. They look pretty cool in my opinion.

マップの系譜7章

Fe4

it redoes the maps. I'm too lazy to see if it goes past the prologue.

個人使用 聖戦改造パッチ そこそこ趣味

Fe4

Febinary elite mode. everyone has elite. another note is that Sigurd for some strange reason has all the major bloods.

FE08_BS

Fe8

It's really weird. Weapons have low uses. All classes have 1 less use. Promotion items and stat boosters are now weapons. You also can't play it on easy mode, since eirika can't reach seth.

FE4 聖戦の系譜 武器レベル増設パッチ

Fe4

If a unit couldn't use the weapon, it will be a D rank. no real use before the second generation.

Edited by mousefire

Save your map--the program saves the data as its raw stuff. Then drag the map into the encoding program, which will compress it. Then, go back to the program and load the newly compressed map and insert it. If it's larger, you can try to repoint the data or just modify your map and make it smaller. I don't remember the specific operations but you should be able to figure it out with a little bruntwork.

TheEnd's computer doesn't read japanese characters, so he can't translate anymore

but if he sees this post,

ファイアーエムブレム 聖戦の系譜

必殺特効分離パッチ v2.1

4,194,816 byte ROM専用

以下の領域が00であることを確認してからパッチをあててください。

$0297C0-$0297F9

$0501F8-$0501FF

■パッチ

・必殺と特効を分離します。

・無改造ROMにはfe4_crt.ips

v2.01の分離パッチを使用している場合はfe4_crt_201→21.ips

を適用してください。

■分離した特効の設定

◆みきりの設定

・デフォルトで個人、兵種、武器の全てで無効にされます。

・個人、兵種で防ぐ場合

$0297C0-$0297CF

B9 06 00 F0 34 8D 6F 05 EA B9 24 00 89 00 10 D0

B9 06 00 F0 34 8D 6F 05 A9 0E 00 22 9D A1 87 B0

・武器スキルのみで防ぐ場合

$0297C0-$0297CF

B9 06 00 F0 34 8D 6F 05 A9 0E 00 22 EF A2 87 B0

・加算されるダメージの値(デフォルト20)

$0297EE:14

※v2.1

v2.01のプログラム修正

※V2.01

旧バージョンとの違いはRAMを使用しないのと

加算された攻撃力が戦闘前画面とリアル戦闘画面に反映される点です。

旧パッチは本来使用してはならないRAMアドレスを使っているのと

プログラムが汚いので捨ててください。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by.542 ◆ruo0tlxqPQ

Edited by mousefire

TheEnd's computer doesn't read japanese characters, so he can't translate anymore

What.

Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu
Critical Hit/effective weaponry separates patch v2.1

For use only with a 4,194,816 byte ROM.

Please apply the patch after verifying that the areas below are filled with 00s.
$0297C0-$0297F9
$0501F8-$0501FF

*Patch
- Separates critical hits and effective weaponry effects.

- If you're using fe4_crt.ips on an unhacked rom, please apply the fe4_crt_201→21.ips file.

*Setting the separated weapon effectiveness
** Setting Awareness
- By default, blocks personal, class and weapon effects.

- For defense against personal and class effects:
$0297C0-$0297CF
↓
B9 06 00 F0 34 8D 6F 05 A9 0E 00 22 9D A1 87 B0

- For defense against weapon skills:
$0297C0-$0297CF
↓
B9 06 00 F0 34 8D 6F 05 A9 0E 00 22 EF A2 87 B0

- Value of added damage (default 20):
$0297EE:14

I could've swore you said that somewhere :facepalm:

Well, if it works now, could you translate genealogy of Ayra?

Actually, he said that the filenames when displayed are gibberish, but he never said about it not-reading when the file is open.

Edited by Afi