FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. However, it's not too terribly difficult to figure out which command does what. Alternately, play the original FE4 with an English patch, and see what commands are what. You can play these afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, most names and some items will have their names in katakana, which is pretty easy to "translate," since they're essentially just lifting English/non-Japanese words anyways in most cases (not all). You could nab some basic romanization charts off the www and be fine. For the other options, memory's enough to get you through most of the time, and anything unmentioned could probably be uncovered in a gibberish google machine translation.

Unless all you care about is the new stories. Go learn some moonspeak then.

Hmm... after searching around I've gotten the Geneology of Neir patch (FE4 ネールの系譜 Ver3.41) but for some reason I can't extract the files. My computer keeps saying the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Can someone enlighten me?

I just noticed I've got good old English as my non-unicode setting, so that might not be the issue.

Still, if you want to try (and I think it's useful practice if you get involved with Japanese content, also helps you do stuff like read Japanese Notepad files without seeing garble).

Go to Control Panel, click on the Clock, Language and Region header. Click on the Region and Language header. Go the forth tab, Administrative and press the Change System Locale button near the bottom center. You may need Admin rights and you need to restart your PC for it to take effect.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, but I don't think it should make much difference. Maybe try downloading 7zip and using that to extract the files?

Downloading 7-zip seems to have worked for the extracting part. And I also added Japanese for my non unicode setting.( I noticed my brother also put korean for some reason) When I attempt to patch the rom it says the IPS file appears not to be valid and aborts the patch. I'm wondering if maybe I just downloaded the wrong patch?

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest thing to try, if you're having problems patching, is to download an entirely new ROM from a different site than your original, do not alter the ROM in any manner, such as trying to apply a translation patch, and then to patch it with a dedicated program, like LunarIPS or other such.

Make sure you extract the patches too, and you also read the readme, even if it's through a machine translation--some hacks will have multiple patches or specific instructions to make sure your game works fine.

Thanks Celice. I tried using program other than Ipswin (LunarIps) and that seemed to do the job. Can anyone who has the readme mind translating it for this patch?( I'm refering to the Fe4 Gensui no keifu Suikoden patch)

Fe4 Gensui no keifu Suikoden has some problems once you get to the second generation. CHapter 7 won't load for squat so if someone figures out how to get chapter 7 to finish loading events let me know.

Someone said something about making sure you didn't miss a pairing. But if the chapter's not loading, it's probably an event messing up, specifically enemy units moving around. If the AI can't move a unit the game pretty much hangs most of the time. If the maps were editing a bunch, including unit placement, this can be an issue.

Any of that sound about right? I haven't played the hack, but if that's the case, you could probably edit the map/event data manually and fix it yourself. I could do it too, but I don't know what I'd be fixing, not having played it :(

EDIT: Also, from the uploader, "I do not have a clear answer. Please make the lover for all women. Please reset it before it starts. This patch is a work with very a lot of friezes. It is likely to depend on the environment." Do try the hardreset method, manually saving before the chapter and loading that save after restarting emulation. Savestates sometimes bring issues with games, since sometimes the RAM never fully resets as it would on the actual system (FE4 has a few bugs/glitches caused by the same behaviour).

Edited by Celice

It loads to a certain part but once it gets to where the home castle event is it hangs up and the screen goes black you still hear music and all. I tried pressing start to skip it but nope no luck that way.

I can try to fix the unit placement. I'd suggest you send me your game and emulator (so I have the same conditions as you) in an email. If you can't find a solution, send me a message and I'll see if I can find a way to help.

I just got a message for the video uploader saying there has been an update to the Suikoden patch, but you can't use your saves in the update--you have to restart your game. I asked him to send me the link to the update, and I'll post it when I get it--I was also going to fix this bug Blazing_Soul mentioned if he still wants me to, and I can post this fixed version of the old hack for others to play--but I don't know if there's more bugs beyond Chapter 7.

EDIT: Also, he mentioned an older though still cool FE7 hack:

FE7if is Japanese hack patch. http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Li/so/89610 DLkey:FE7if

16 kinds of custom animations.About 150 music transplants.

How to download the patch:

I don`t understand japanese and I am not good at English.

1. Go to the download site:

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Li/so/89610

2. In the empty textbox marked "キーワード" put in the DLkey. The DLkey is FE7if.

3. Press the button below marked "Li_89610.zip のダウンロードします。" to download the file.

(You must enter the DLkey and press the button within 2 minutes of opening the download site, otherwise the site will timeout. In which case reload the page and try again.)

4. To begin the download click the link that says "<ダウンロードする | click here to start download. >"

5. The download will start automatically. If it does not, then click the first blue link marked "こちら" to start the download manually.

The patch should be applied to a Japan region rom of FE7. It can be applied in the same way as MK404.

Thank you very much, reinofhearts!

It has a bunch of new (not crappy) music and other edits. I heart it for Live-A-Live tracks first and foremost <3

Edited by Celice

What? I gotta start over? Oh man it took me forever to get to the 2nd gen the first time. Final chapter Gen 1 (Chapter 5) was ridiculous. I hate the True Wind Rune.....so dangerous. Though for anyone that plays that game get Chris to lvl 20 promote her then dismount, a much more epic unit IMO.

http://febin.so.land.to/src/FE1173.zip

Alright, here is the updated Suikoden hack. A slightly new bit of info,

Notes on play

Please make the lover in the female character by the time the first half is finished.

Please talk to before suppressing the first castle though it goes to rescue the castle in Chapter 2.

At the beginning (the first turn), you might reset save → of Chapter 4 and Chapter 6.

There is no staff who revives the ally.