How did you stumble across Fire Emblem?

Weisspraline

I never heard of Fire Emblem until I played Super Smash Bros. Melee and was introduced to Marth and Roy. That was my first encounter with anybody from that series, and it got me curious because I also love SRPGs and I wanted to know more about them. I never had the time to pick up any of the localized GBA versions and when I actually did from borrowing it from a friend, I didn't liked it at all. Now fast forward to this month, I am on vacation at my parent's. And I was shopping around at a GameStop near where they live, and I was lucky to find Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn used. I decided to purchase it because if I didn't liked it, I could return it back. And now I'm hooked.

Now I love Fire Emblem and it's a really fun game, thank god I gave this series another chance. And it's so funny because my father also plays Fire Emblem with me and it's kinda cool to see him controlling my troops. Most funniest thing is when he calls about 80% of my male troops as girls such as Soren, Rafiel, Reyson, Zihark, Rhys, and... Oscar oddly enough. So it's always like, "Move that bird lady [Rafiel] next to that blue-haired girl [Zihark] and make her move another turn." ^^;;

I read this... and I can forgive it for Soren... and I guess the Herons... but Oscar and Rhys... they are like the most unpretty characters in the game (not that I dislike Oscar in any way mind you, he rocks and I used him all game). And makes me cringe at the mistakes he'd make playing FE7 with Lucius around...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all cool, Rakath. I also noticed that my father calls one of my female members as a boy, I forgot who though. But it's always interesting because I didn't expect my father who loves military, shooting, and war games to get into a fantasy game. ^^;;

I never heard of Fire Emblem until I played Super Smash Bros. Melee and was introduced to Marth and Roy. That was my first encounter with anybody from that series, and it got me curious because I also love SRPGs and I wanted to know more about them. I never had the time to pick up any of the localized GBA versions and when I actually did from borrowing it from a friend, I didn't liked it at all. Now fast forward to this month, I am on vacation at my parent's. And I was shopping around at a GameStop near where they live, and I was lucky to find Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn used. I decided to purchase it because if I didn't liked it, I could return it back. And now I'm hooked.

Now I love Fire Emblem and it's a really fun game, thank god I gave this series another chance. And it's so funny because my father also plays Fire Emblem with me and it's kinda cool to see him controlling my troops. Most funniest thing is when he calls about 80% of my male troops as girls such as Soren, Rafiel, Reyson, Zihark, Rhys, and... Oscar oddly enough. So it's always like, "Move that bird lady [Rafiel] next to that blue-haired girl [Zihark] and make her move another turn." ^^;;

hahaha that was hilarious...i like your father, though i wouldn't ever let my dad touch my characters, he would most likely kill 8 of them in one go O.O

You know what's funny? I started playing Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword before SSBM came to English shores. I read transcripts off FESS to keep up with the events of the game. Then, awhile later, I went to America (I was 10), and saw a game lying around that was called "Fire Emblem". Believing it was similar to Sealed Sword, I bought it. And then I was hooked.

I heard of Roy and Marth in SSBM, but thought nothing of the Fire Emblem games, since they were in Japan only. My friend went to France and came back with this game called Fire Emblem. I had a quick go of it, and I thought "This isn't bad" so I bought it.

For a long while, I was adamant to myself that Pokemon is still better than it, but then I played it more and more, and before long I was on Fire Emblem alot more than I was on Pokemon. That was about 4 years ago, almost. When Fire Emblem first came to the EU. Fire Emblem, along with my other favourite games (Burnout, Ace Combat), has been running my life.

• 3 months later...

I heard of Fire Emblem before SSBM, but since it was Japanese exclusive, I didn't really pay much mind to it (At the time I neither imported or used ROMs). Once I heard a FE game was coming over here I decided I would try it out (Marth and Roy were both from a medieval themed game, which is probably my favorite type), I liked it quite a bit, I wasn't too surprised it didn't contain Marth and Roy though..., sanyway I investigated more finding out that there was actually 7 (at the time). So I imported 6, then 3, then 4, then 1, then 2. I still refuse to import FE5 since it's always like 200$+ wherever I see it, and I don't have that kind of money to spend really.

the first time i saw anything related to fire emblem was in SSBM. i never owned the game, though, so i didn't realize it was from Fire Emblem.

One day i was walking around Gamestop and i saw a Path of Radiance gamedisk. the game called me, and as I took it in my hands, a beam of light shone through the roof and i knew it was the game for me. i decided to buy it, and went to the cash register, and they told me it was the last final copy of the game. it was as if destiny was calling me to purchase this game.

i've loved the series ever since

The they I bought the Game Cube, came with Melee (I'm fan of Smash Bros 64) so I bought the "oficial" nintendo magazine here, and there were a Article about the main games of all chars, and I found FE.

After I unlock Roy I found him cool so I search for the FE games, and FE6 was my first FE.

After that I they lunch FE7 and I went to play FE from 3 to 5.

Now I have FE 9 and 10 :D (Very proud FE Fan)

the first time i saw anything related to fire emblem was in SSBM. i never owned the game, though, so i didn't realize it was from Fire Emblem.

One day i was walking around Gamestop and i saw a Path of Radiance gamedisk. the game called me, and as I took it in my hands, a beam of light shone through the roof and i knew it was the game for me. i decided to buy it, and went to the cash register, and they told me it was the last final copy of the game. it was as if destiny was calling me to purchase this game.

i've loved the series ever since

lol

Are you sure it wasn't a cop that called you and not the game?

Was it a really sunny day and were there holes in the roof?

Did the cashier check the stocks? (cuz a number of them don't)

Lol. My friend's like that. She looks at the character art and she's like, "That's a girl right? Right?"

Broke my thumb a summer back, so I decided to try out some "non-actiony" games, one of them was fire emblem, because I have previously heard of it on ssbm.

Let me just say that discovering fire emblem almost makes me glad I broke my thumb.

I take that back, that was one $hit summer! Do you realize the amount of suckage that surfaces when one cannot use their dominant hand!!?

FE is still cool though...

Like everyone else I heard of it when I first unlocked Marth in SSBM.

I was naturally curious when I heard that they were going to release a game here. So I asked for it for christmas 2003, got it and enjoyed it. Havn't stopped playing the series since.

lol

Are you sure it wasn't a cop that called you and not the game?

Was it a really sunny day and were there holes in the roof?

Did the cashier check the stocks? (cuz a number of them don't)

you seem to know a lot of details about where she was back then...

I take that back, that was one $hit summer! Do you realize the amount of suckage that surfaces when one cannot use their dominant hand!!?

Yes losing your dominant hand sucks (I broke my left arm a while back) all the way up to the elbow

Uh...SSBB I guess. Then I decided to download it (YARR MATIES!).

The SSBB isn't a typo, is it?

Nope, it isn't. I'm ashamed to mention that the only Nintendo games I played before I knew about SSBB were Kirby and Mario...yeah...

So what Fire Emblem games have you played altogether?

I've beat Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance, and am about to beat Sacred Stones. Will start Radiant Dawn sometime these days. I've tried out Sword of Seals and the first game.