Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save files will most likely carry over fine since I don't think we're doing another restart
Still going over text so it'd be a while also I need to work on some animations

Eclipse has like all of Onduris and half of Musain to go.

Then we need to work on talk conversations and the three new chapters/gameplay balancing.

FEE3 will likely be one of the three new chapters I've made already.

TRANSPORTAH.png

Have fun with this by the way.

Just curious, who on your team does the map sprites? They're very well done and pleasing to the eye :)

Me/Kai/Agro

Agro made the soldier, I edited a bit. Kai did the Knight, I edited. I made the Renair sprite.

rar is a compression format, IIRC. It's like a zip.

(I figured out that maybe the first sentence won't cut it)

I know, that's the weird part. The name of the file is titled "Dream of Five V4 Release.rar", and as I said, this is the file I downloaded from this project's tumblr. If I could post a picture of the screencap I took, I would, but I don't think that the text editor this forum uses accepts png files. I'd really like to play this game, so please, someone help!

Edited by Fargo294

I'm really enjoying this hack so far :D I have encountered a minor glitch in chapter 3 though

I have no idea how to put something under "spoilers" so I'm just going to make the text white. Sorry. /is stupid

Please highlight the text below e u e

I tried activating the Amelia x Ilanice C support in chapter 3, but another support with two characters I'd never seen before showed up instead.

This didn't really bother me too much, though. I'm still loving this hack. <3

It's a known issue. Supports aren't done yet, and Dan hasn't been assed to remove the text pointers.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm...I'm too lazy to check if this has been said before but, why is the Bryhundt option/month twice in the bard specifications screen?

because having the same 12 as the Gregorian calendar would be far too normal and easy to understand but they can't actually hack it to only show 11 which is great because that just makes things more confusing

Heh, well done development team, "Dream of Five" seems to have hooked me more than Blazing Sword did, and that's not easy. It's challenging but not impossible (the constant level one enemies are odd but okay, seeing as EXP gains just rise with the stats), and you've actually made me keep thinking my way through levels instead of my classic FE method of power levelling flyers and Lords and just massacring the opposition - I'm glad to say trying that one here got me massacred. I'm even using Chester offensively, and I never use thieves offensively (until now). And apart from the little Support conversation issue, I really can't see any technical issues so far. Although I never encountered these infamous "no EXP enemies", have they been removed?

There is one gripe I have at the moment though - chapters 8A, 8Ax and 9A having no access to the preparations screen. I understand the story at that point makes 8A and 9A somewhat difficult to work the preparations into, and I accept that. Chapter 8Ax on the other hand could have seen everyone getting ready before sending Gareth off for the rendezvous as a precaution. Then all of that nice gear with Katrina could have been used instead of sitting through three chapters out of bounds, and Gareth wouldn't have started off with naught but a Greatbow and could have avoided the panicky trip to the armoury! I made it through with the depleted weapons in my team's inventory, but after all that chapter 10A's preparations screen was very welcome.

...You never really know what you've got until it gets taken away, do you? Anyway, that's only a minor gripe, even if my moaning makes it sound otherwise. It'll teach me to manage my party's inventory a bit better!

But anyway, you've got yourself another fan. Great work!

(Current progress; Chapter 11A, separate file ready to go on 7B)

the game's RNG makes me confused XD

When battling the enemy will hit everything over 40%

but then I leveled up my chars and they got insane amounts of growths O.o i think Kolbane even got a perfect level up once... I guess I've just been really lucky.

Overall I find it really entertaining and with a good enough challenge level (THANK YOU) without making me go absolutely nuts. and I've been favoring Amelia so much i think it's illegal XD but oh well.

I've just recently finished the Crowe level, haven't had much time to play lately but I like what I've seen. The writing style is different than expected but I find it refreshing in a way and it fits the story quite well. I'll give deeper opinions once i finish the current patch.

the game's RNG makes me confused XD

When battling the enemy will hit everything over 40%

but then I leveled up my chars and they got insane amounts of growths O.o i think Kolbane even got a perfect level up once... I guess I've just been really lucky.

Overall I find it really entertaining and with a good enough challenge level (THANK YOU) without making me go absolutely nuts. and I've been favoring Amelia so much i think it's illegal XD but oh well.

I've just recently finished the Crowe level, haven't had much time to play lately but I like what I've seen. The writing style is different than expected but I find it refreshing in a way and it fits the story quite well. I'll give deeper opinions once i finish the current patch.

I guess you just got lucky with Kolbane, his speed never increased until he got over level 10, and I can never hit anything. However, I do agree with you that this hack to be entertaining, but I'm just not able to get the full experience without the support conversations, so I'm going to wait until that's fixed in the next patch.