Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

1. [spoiler=Ancient Weapon] It's somewhere in chapter 8Ax

2. There shouldn't be any problems with saving it on "Chapter 19" but if you haven't been using all the save files, use one as a backup, just in case.

3. Nope, no news, Furetchen, our writer has actually quit so we have a new writer, Eclipse, who is doing the writing for us. She's in the process of looking over all the dialogue right now and improving/adding stuff, so it could be a while. Not to mention I'm currently buried under tons of school work.

Though, since we're going through everything again, if anyone who has played through the entire patch wants to mention things they found odd with dialogue/stuff they want to see(like talk events in chapters, be specific though and what they would be about) or mentions gameplay changes that would make the game smoother overall, feel free to speak up. I'm already lowering enemy durability slightly and giving the player better weapons, but I am also increasing the damage output that the enemies had and altering spawn points a bit. Also coughing up more exp at the expense of tougher enemies.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. [spoiler=Ancient Weapon] It's somewhere in chapter 8Ax

2. There shouldn't be any problems with saving it on "Chapter 19" but if you haven't been using all the save files, use one as a backup, just in case.

3. Nope, no news, Furetchen, our writer has actually quit so we have a new writer, Eclipse, who is doing the writing for us. She's in the process of looking over all the dialogue right now and improving/adding stuff, so it could be a while. Not to mention I'm currently buried under tons of school work.

Though, since we're going through everything again, if anyone who has played through the entire patch wants to mention things they found odd with dialogue/stuff they want to see(like talk events in chapters, be specific though and what they would be about) or mentions gameplay changes that would make the game smoother overall, feel free to speak up. I'm already lowering enemy durability slightly and giving the player better weapons, but I am also increasing the damage output that the enemies had and altering spawn points a bit. Also coughing up more exp at the expense of tougher enemies.

[spoiler=Ancient Weapon] By the end of the game (chapter 14A) i had the ancient lance and the ancient blade.. but the last augury at chapter 14A said something like a hidden weapon that might be effective agaisnt dragons hidden in the surroundings.. but didnt found anything.

Well atleast the project is not dead, because this game looks really good and promising. As long as it comes out in its full glory one day, im happy!

On the side notes i think Kolbane and Renair might need some SLIGHT stats buff. Might be cause they got a little behind in my playthrough, just think you guys should check it. If they pay off at the end (like seren, GODS she's good) then ignore this. You know better than me. =)

I liked how all units didnt gain much exp, at sometimes it felt like way too little i decided to spend more time dealing single attacks than defeating enemies to gain exp, so i think it might need a VERY SLIGHT buff.

Things i found odd was the way Kolbane's and Renair's development in the main story and in their supports together began, Kolbane being so naive and good while Renair was more harsh and had a different view of reality, then Kolbane starting to lose himself and Renair trying to accept the fact that there has to be so hope and like trying to cheer Kolbane up, then out of the sudden i felt this was left out. Like in a chapter they talked about moving to a fort and Kolbane talking to Renair about how things are f'ked up and feeling depressed, then on the next chapter they are as if it never happened?

I think for this that you should developt that in the main story (Renair and Kolbane's different views and evolutions as the game progesses) , and then depending of their supports make an ending out of it.

[spoiler=Ancient Weapon] By the end of the game (chapter 14A) i had the ancient lance and the ancient blade.. but the last augury at chapter 14A said something like a hidden weapon that might be effective agaisnt dragons hidden in the surroundings.. but didnt found anything.

Well atleast the project is not dead, because this game looks really good and promising. As long as it comes out in its full glory one day, im happy!

On the side notes i think Kolbane and Renair might need some SLIGHT stats buff. Might be cause they got a little behind in my playthrough, just think you guys should check it. If they pay off at the end (like seren, GODS she's good) then ignore this. You know better than me. =)

I liked how all units didnt gain much exp, at sometimes it felt like way too little i decided to spend more time dealing single attacks than defeating enemies to gain exp, so i think it might need a VERY SLIGHT buff.

Things i found odd was the way Kolbane's and Renair's development in the main story and in their supports together began, Kolbane being so naive and good while Renair was more harsh and had a different view of reality, then Kolbane starting to lose himself and Renair trying to accept the fact that there has to be so hope and like trying to cheer Kolbane up, then out of the sudden i felt this was left out. Like in a chapter they talked about moving to a fort and Kolbane talking to Renair about how things are f'ked up and feeling depressed, then on the next chapter they are as if it never happened?

I think for this that you should developt that in the main story (Renair and Kolbane's different views and evolutions as the game progesses) , and then depending of their supports make an ending out of it.

[spoiler=Ancient Weapon]Oh, that's the dragonpike in the chest, that's all

You can go look at the averages. Kolbane is regarded by many as one of the best units, so I don't think he needs a buff. Renair is much more usable because of Gold Edge's +2 def and she gets even better after promotion.

Talk events can bridge that gap, so.

Kolbane really just needs to get speed enough times

he has 55% so on average his speed levels should be pretty good but sometimes it's just RNG being a dick

Kolbane's important stat to get seems to be defense, as there aren't too many tanky units that can double early on. Axes on promotion help a lot.

Another thing that might kill the monotony is being able to recruit bosses/midbosses with certain not too obvious characters. For example, the chapter where Driscoll joins we are told how this guy (cant remember his name, the cavalier boss) is actually good and honourable but is an "old fool" so he believes Farell thinking Renair and co. are deserters. Nothing happens when you bring him and Driscoll toguether, just the battle talk.

Maybe you could make him recruitable by following these requirements:

1. Recruit Driscoll.

2. Bring Driscoll to the cavalier boss and select "talk", here Driscoll tries to reason with him but he still doesnt trust him, leading to the fight. The difference here is that they wont kill him, and after they win they'll find some way to reason with him and he'll meet Renair, blabla, joins the group. In the story this happens at the end of chapter 6 with other aukeman soldiers, only thing is that they dont join you.

Except I'm pretty sure Farrell uses his death to rile up other commanders

Haven't read the script in a while but I believe him being dead is pretty important

wrt Kolbane's defense 35% isn't terrible as far as foot units in DoF goes but it's not particularly great either, DoF's team just isn't too durable when scaled to damage output in general but he is p much your best bet for something resembling a tank until Juan and Arcus and Marius I guess

unless its that one of my runs where he got like 5 more defense than he actually should yes good kolbane keep that up

Edited by Thor Odinson

I definitely had to abuse the RNG in both my playthroughs to ensure Kolbane had enough defense and HP to tank until Driscoll gets past level 12 and/or Juan/Arcus show up. I think a bump to 40% would be totally acceptable

5% increase is on average 1 point over 20 levels

It's not going to matter much

I mean if you do wanna gun for defense increase I'd personally ask for bases not growths it's more immediately useful

But I don't make the decisions here anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

Well to be fair, DoF enemies also hit a lot harder than standard GBA enemies, so it's harder to get by on GBA-level defenses unless you have a ton of avoid.

I'm fine with his stats personally but I can see why people may want a raise.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Another thing that might kill the monotony is being able to recruit bosses/midbosses with certain not too obvious characters. For example, the chapter where Driscoll joins we are told how this guy (cant remember his name, the cavalier boss) is actually good and honourable but is an "old fool" so he believes Farell thinking Renair and co. are deserters. Nothing happens when you bring him and Driscoll toguether, just the battle talk.

Maybe you could make him recruitable by following these requirements:

1. Recruit Driscoll.

2. Bring Driscoll to the cavalier boss and select "talk", here Driscoll tries to reason with him but he still doesnt trust him, leading to the fight. The difference here is that they wont kill him, and after they win they'll find some way to reason with him and he'll meet Renair, blabla, joins the group. In the story this happens at the end of chapter 6 with other aukeman soldiers, only thing is that they dont join you.

I don't need to inflate the character roster any more and there's so way that Ganter would oppose Farrell, because he knows he'd be killed easily.

I definitely had to abuse the RNG in both my playthroughs to ensure Kolbane had enough defense and HP to tank until Driscoll gets past level 12 and/or Juan/Arcus show up. I think a bump to 40% would be totally acceptable

Kolbane isn't exactly supposed to be tanky.

I had a base def kolbane at level 20 and i was perfectly fine with that. then damage started compounding and i benched him

i don't see why people want buffs lumi

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Dan they aren't as good as FE as us that's why ;p

I'm the queen of failed Kolbanes, and you don't see me jockeying for a stat raise :P:

I swear that I though Chester was awful until I realized that he had just been getting awful level ups. Those growths look like they would

be awesome if they actually worked.

Chester uses swords, has a low weapon level, and his Con isn't really amazing either. Even if he gets good stat-ups, it's difficult for him to be a good fighter since he is the only thief and won't be seeing much combat because he's too busy opening doors and getting to chests.

I just started playing the patch, but in terms of writing I've already noticed a few things are off. I've noticed some minor spelling errors/typos ("themseleves" at the start of chapter 3 is the one I'm currently looking at) and the tone in general seems a little bit off somehow, but I don't really know a proper way to describe it so I guess it's not a problem. The character dialogue seems to be better than the pre-chapter narratives. It's all great though, don't get me wrong.

*Edit* If you go Fortune->Bard and it says "Information of the bard *name*" it only shows up to 6 letters. When you start the game your bard's name can be up to 7 letters. So I'm currently seeing "Information of the bard Hawkey"

Edited by Hawkeye

Chester uses swords, has a low weapon level, and his Con isn't really amazing either. Even if he gets good stat-ups, it's difficult for him to be a good fighter since he is the only thief and won't be seeing much combat because he's too busy opening doors and getting to chests.

Depends on how you play. Because I'm awesome at getting the weirdest characters (like speed-screwed Ilanice), I used Chester as a dodgetank.

I'll get to that spelling error. Feel free to point out anything else that could use a script bump!

I think the only time I got a good Ilanice was on my female-only run

And even then Annelise overtook her once she caught up in levels

Every other time she just gets like no stats :<

Goddammit RNG.

Edited by Thor Odinson