Fire Emblem - Heart of Steel(Demo-out!)

Fitz24

Name: Fire Emblem: Heart of Steel (Fire Emblem 7 Hack)

Creator: Fitz24

Storyline: It's been over 150 years since the age of Roy, Lilina, and Zephiel. They have long since passed away. We begin in a relatively unknown part of Elibe. This being the Western Isles. However, after the age of Roy, Etruria recongized the Western Isle's independence and all three major isles formed to make the Western Union. Time has passed, and the Western Union has stabilized themselves as a formittable nation. Unfortunately, the rate of piracy and thievery hasn't given up over the years and the nation struggles to stop the thieves.

Fibernia, the largest isle, and home to the captial, Jutes, is where our journey begins. All is peaceful until an unknown group of bandits appears at the gates of Jutes. The governor of Jutes, Lord Mark, is away on a diplomacy mission to Etruria. His three children, Jenn, Ryan and Scott are left alone to govern for the time. (Ryan is 22, Jenn is 24, Scott is 17 in case you were wondering.) The bandits swarm the castle when a messanger named Sandra arrives to deliever a letter to Lord Mark. She gets attacked and an unknown tactician comes to the rescue. The battle begins and a loyal Jutes soldier, Alexander who is accompanied by Sean, who is the son of the governor of Ebrarcum, jump in and join the battle.....and the rest is for you to play and find out.

Chapters Completed

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Demo-Patch

Patch

Special Thanks to:

-Blazer

-Mariobro3828

-MasterPlan201

Sorry if I forgot to mention you.

I do not own rights to:

-Intelligent Systems

-Nintendo

-Fire Emblem

Just for some fun!

Edited by Fitz24

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I watched the trailer.

The mugs were sub par, the maps were blocky and tile spammed, and the battle palettes weren't changed at all.

The text wasn't shown, so, can't say much there.

You've got a lot of work cut out for you, if you want this hack to even be called decent.

Not to mention some of those mercs had what looked like really badly customed mapsprites. They just kinda...jerked their arm in place. Not a good look. Stick to generic. PLEASE.

And...yeah, apart from that, you really need to actually do some strong work on the hack before releasing a trailer. Finish the mugs, the palettes...and show something more than 'missing with Wolf Beil'.

Edited by Furetchen

Not to mention some of those mercs had what looked like really badly customed mapsprites. They just kinda...jerked their arm in place. Not a good look. Stick to generic. PLEASE.

And...yeah, apart from that, you really need to actually do some strong work on the hack before releasing a trailer. Finish the mugs, the palettes...and show something more than 'missing with Wolf Beil'.

I believe that's the map sprite for the female merc

Anyways, seems ok so far, maybe if you added some custom palettes, better maps (with less tile spam), and other stuff it should be good. Good to see you're using custom events.

I believe that's the map sprite for the female merc

Anyways, seems ok so far, maybe if you added some custom palettes, better maps (with less tile spam), and other stuff it should be good. Good to see you're using custom events.

Don't say that. The only redeeming thing about this so far, is that it's using custom events. The splices aren't even that good of splices. There needs to be sooo much more work put into this for it to be "okay".

Fitz, start with the maps. Make them less blocky in shape, more random, and don't use the same tiles for every single space. There are, normally, more than one tile for things, like floor, and grass.

You should work more on the hack before posting it(that way you can decide if you want to share it or not)a lot of people give up on their hacks before they start hacking events.

Don't use FE7 and FE8 colors on mugs in the same hack. It makes them look out of place. Either use all FE7 colors, or all FE8 colors.

This statement stood alone could be debatable on a more advanced level, but it's probably not

a good idea to discuss that here.

I can't watch the video because Adope flash player had a buggy update(intentional misspelling),

but from what I see, you guys are putting down the hack more than it needs to be. In my opinion,

that hack is...okay, but the problem isn't that it's "indecent", but that it's so..."okay" that

it would probably just be overlooked. It doesn't seem to have a spontaneous factor to it. Sure

graphics could be improved, but that's not all it takes.

Edited by April

I'm no hacker, so I won't comment on the graphics. But the gameplay looks ridiculously brain-dead, the main character could probably solo those chapters shown in the trailer with ease.

Another thing that hasn't been touched on - your usage of enemy classes seems a tad nonsensical. There's a reason Bandit factions don't have Soldiers, Cavaliers or Knights. They just don't fit in.

Ouch, so harsh... so many negative comments... so much hate... =( This guy must be so depressed he'll probably want to kill himself.

I just noticed, you never stated what game was hacked...

Hmm, takes place on Elibe, looks like FE7 graphics, and 95% of hacks are of FE7... =P take a guess!

The mugs were sub par, the maps were blocky and tile spammed, and the battle palettes weren't changed at all.

The text wasn't shown, so, can't say much there.

You've got a lot of work cut out for you, if you want this hack to even be called decent.

Hey, listen.

If you're going to say something that is completely opinion, you should at least act like you know that what you're saying is completely opinion.

Because I think is portraits are on par, um... can't argue with the maps, but at least he has custom maps, most people turn battle animations off anyway and don't have hours to spend editing colors so it's really not a big deal, and I think this hack is not only decent, but has a lot of potential. Definitely one of the top 10 hacks right now. So um, better fix your paragraph to be more considerate, e.g. "if you want me to even consider this hack being called decent". And I suppose if Fitz24 respects you, then yes, he will want you to consider the hack being called decent.

Oooooh, that's pretty rude. So you're saying he hasn't done strong work? Actually, Fitz is doing a one-man project, and he's been working on this for months, and it's not like he works one hour a week, either. He works hard as hell and he's done most, if not all of the portraits in this hack. He's no professional; stop expecting so much from one person who just learned how to hack and hasn't been gifted with massive artistic talent and/or mutliple years of spriting experience like some of you people out here.

Thank you, an appropriate response. Someone who takes it for what it is, instead of what they want it to be: it's supposed to be an "ok" hack, featuring custom events (and I still don't see many hacks that have done more than just PLAN to use custom events). I also like you gave some insightful critique without saying "the battle palettes are terrible and unfitting, the maps are less-than-mediocre, filled with bland tile-spamming", etc.

Don't say that. The only redeeming thing about this so far, is that it's using custom events. The splices aren't even that good of splices. There needs to be sooo much more work put into this for it to be "okay".

Fitz, start with the maps. Make them less blocky in shape, more random, and don't use the same tiles for every single space. There are, normally, more than one tile for things, like floor, and grass.

By saying "Don't say that" you're telling him to not state his opinion. Umm, I think that he has a right to state his opinion. And if he doesn't, then shoot me. (Figuratively)

Oh, and don't dare say that "it's fact". How you feel about something is not FACT. You CANNOT say dirt is disgusting. If one person in the world thinks dirt is not disgusting, then it is not fact that dirt is disgusting.

I agree that the splices aren't really good splices that I'd enjoy, but then again, who really cares. They don't look like anyone I know and they don't make my eyes bleed and that's all I can expect from one guy. You should know better than most others how hard it is to make good sprites considering how it took you a lot of practice to get better yourself.

Lastly, that's some nice critique you gave it. If I were Fitz, and I had shown that I was looking for such critique, I'd probably act on it.

------------

And finally, in response to the last two posts, I think you could use some rebalancing. If you played FE7 again and payed attention to stats, levels, inventories, etc., it'd probably help. D=

I'll be the last one to take a dump on many, many hours of hard work of hacking. But while some of the critique sounds harsh, you have to realize that most of it is true. The map design doesn't look too great (speaking from a strategic stand point, rather than graphics-wise here), and all I just saw is Eliwood and Hector with different names attacking enemies. In the case of Eliwood, obliterating them.

I'll agree this hack has potential. Almost any hack does. Right now, this hack is indeed...acceptable. It looks playable. But it doesn't make you go "wow". It doesn't stand out.

What makes a hack stand out these days is _being finished_. Because I honestly can't think of any FEGBA hack that has been finished, except maybe MK404's FE7 (only one mode, but still).

Hmm, takes place on Elibe, looks like FE7 graphics, and 95% of hacks are of FE7... =P take a guess!

You and I both know this is a stupid thing to say Blazer, I thought FE6 at first glance. And it is smart to state what game is being hacked, herp-a-derp

^Okay I guess your comment wasn't even really trollish or mean or anything so sorry

Because I honestly can't think of any FEGBA hack that has been finished, except maybe MK404's FE7 (only one mode, but still).

- GhebFE

- Devourer of Time

- FEGirls

- Will of Good and Evil

- FE7if

- Shining Armor

- Sacred Contention

doesn't change the fact that you couldn't think of any, I'm just saying that complete hacks DO exist... =P

But while some of the critique sounds harsh, you have to realize that most of it is true.

Truth, I admitted that some of the critique was harsh, but no one's going to accept critique if it's harsh in the first place, because people aren't as "mature" as we sometimes like to think they are or should be... and I also didn't see anyone take things into circumstances... I mean, when a film critic critiques a movie, they also look into how many people were working on the movie, what their funding was, where the scenes were shot, etc., not just how "good" the movie was, right? =\

Truth, I admitted that some of the critique was harsh, but no one's going to accept critique if it's harsh in the first place, because people aren't as "mature" as we sometimes like to think they are or should be... and I also didn't see anyone take things into circumstances... I mean, when a film critic critiques a movie, they also look into how many people were working on the movie, what their funding was, where the scenes were shot, etc., not just how "good" the movie was, right? =\

Of course they don't. When has a film critic ever done that?

The point of critique is to make your work (whatever that may be) better. Harsh critique is fine, as long as it gives indication of what's wrong and how to improve it. That said, some of the posts here could've been worded more politely. Not much to say about the actual hack besides what's already been said. XD

The point of critique is to make your work (whatever that may be) better. Harsh critique is fine, as long as it gives indication of what's wrong and how to improve it. That said, some of the posts here could've been worded more politely. Not much to say about the actual hack besides what's already been said. XD

I guess it goes to show that there is a difference between harsh and rude critique.

Edited by Mariobro3828

- GhebFE

- Devourer of Time

- FEGirls

- Will of Good and Evil

- FE7if

- Shining Armor

- Sacred Contention

You know, there really should be some kind of index of these somewhere...