Best lord? Why?

I'm quite surprised by the shortage of Alm love; ignoring the lack of characterisation typical of the NES era he's functionally similar to Sigurd with the only major differences being that Sigurd has a horse and Alm gets 1-3 range bows on promotion.

And those bows alone are broken enough on him. Also, I'd argue Thundersword Alm has comparable combat with Sigurd (until Tyrfing) even before Alm promotes.

And Ephraim is in a similar boat. He stomps everything from the moment he joins your team, and javelins are absolute murder when he wields them early on. Reginleif is incredible.

Hector can't brag about this due to his low initial speed, though his defense is neat. FE10 Ike would qualify, if not for absolute lolres.

Top 3(unitwise): Sigurd, Ephraim, Alm(no individual order)

Personality-wise: Harder. Gonna think a bit on this one.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best FE7 Lord - Marcus.

Real vote: Since I haven't played the earlier games (though my vote would likely be Sigurd anyway), I'll just say Ike with Hector at a close second. When you can be bad ass with Swords you know you deserve screen time. Marth was "okay" I guess. Definitely don't hate him too much in FE12.

To just show how badass Sigurd is, he starts with lances as well. He's so awesome he'll probably never use them unless you missed the SSS.

Alm is also awesome, but I didn't vote him because his too much of his awesomeness directly comes from game mechanics. Thundersword!Alm isn't really worth anything in particular because Thundersword!anyone is fucking pro, and bow mechanics more than anything are what help him in that area. I suppose Sigurd gets the "reequip after you move" thing, but it's not like he uses it much.

Clearly, any lord who's got high move and their entire purpose is to seize the throne is the best lord. That's why I think Sigurd is the best. He keeps up with the best guys in the game and he does his most important job. Seizing thrones.

Clearly, any lord who's got high move and their entire purpose is to seize the throne is the best lord. That's why I think Sigurd is the best. He keeps up with the best guys in the game and he does his most important job. Seizing thrones.

Sigurd also flat-out destroys a majority of the enemies he's faced with.

Well, of course he keeps up with himself.

Now who would be the worst lord? Roy would probably be the worst I think, since they all seem useful except him. I'd say Marth would be the next useless lord, followed by maybe Lyn or Leaf (he seems pretty crappy in Thracia but PEMN)

Leaf is good if you throw him a Speed Ring obtained early in the game. Light Sword and stuff.

Marth and Roy are both pretty bad because both of them exist in games where the only map objective is seize. But hey, the good thing about being a lord in games with lots of seize objectives is that they get dibs on movement boosters.

Leaf is good if you throw him a Speed Ring obtained early in the game. Light Sword and stuff.

Marth and Roy are both pretty bad because both of them exist in games where the only map objective is seize. But hey, the good thing about being a lord in games with lots of seize objectives is that they get dibs on movement boosters.

At least if used seriously, Marth can at least be semi-competent in battle. Roy on the other hand is bad at just about everything you could ask for him to be.

Roy is probably the worst. Even Marth gets some action, he has his Rapier which can be forged. Roy will end up spending 90% of the game in someone's saddlebags.

Not to mention Marth is decent in FE1 and 3 due to incredibly low stat caps all around for everyone. He can actually reach his caps! 8]

Not to mention Marth is decent in FE1 and 3 due to incredibly low stat caps all around for everyone. He can actually reach his caps! 8]

Leaf is in a somewhat similar position, himself. Also scrolls/orbs.

Which means Roy takes the cake, thanks to his hilariously late promotion.

I've gotten over hating a lot of games I used to hate... lately I've been considering Ephraim my favorite lord just because he's badass enough to pull the shit he pulls in the plot. Oh man...

Edited by Mercenary Raven

But hey, the good thing about being a lord in games with lots of seize objectives is that they get dibs on movement boosters.

I thought you'd give the movement boosters to whoever has to carry him around.

That wouldn't help very much if the person who carries Roy around is stuck in front of the other units... carrying Roy around.

I kind of need 7 move Roy to make my chapter 16x strategy work, anyway. Blame it on Saul's staff range.

Edited by dondon151

so male lords Roy is worst, Sigurd is best or either Ephraim or Ike since they're all solid

but what about female lords? Who would be best and worst? I think Eirika is the best and Lyn is probably the worst, idk Celica sorry, but Eirika seems solid from start to end and Micaiah is useful from start to end but Lyn seems to fade out its just an observation though ^^'.

but what about female lords? Who would be best and worst? I think Eirika is the best and Lyn is probably the worst, idk Celica sorry, but Eirika seems solid from start to end and Micaiah is useful from start to end but Lyn seems to fade out its just an observation though ^^'.

I probably won't be agreed with, but I've always found Lyn quite underrated and much more useful than Eirika. Eirika feels like she's too mediocre for such an easy game. Micaiah is good, but I think I find Lyn better in general. I don't know about Celica.

I probably won't be agreed with, but I've always found Lyn quite underrated and much more useful than Eirika. Eirika feels like she's too mediocre for such an easy game. Micaiah is good, but I think I find Lyn better in general. I don't know about Celica.

I find them very similar until promotion where Eirika gains a horse and Lyn gains bows, but both are very fast with good hit rates and probably better than all the swordmasters in their games but Eirika is probably the best early game unit right after Seth, i'm not sure about Lyn. I'd say Eirika is better because of the horse.

Someone should make a lord tier list

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I thought he'd give it to Miledy or someone. That way, Miledy can take point while some 8 move unit like Cecilia or Clarine follows behind with Roy in their pocket.

Well, keep in mind that there's still a functional difference between a +2 move unit that drops Roy and Roy moving at +2 move. Roy with 7 move can move farther after he's dropped, warped, etc. and can start his turn 7 tiles away from a gate or 6 tiles away from a throne. You can't do that if Roy has 5 move.

Lyn is great! She's very fast and always turns out pretty good °_°

Eirika's and Lyn's cap are nearly the same, and they both reach them pretty well, so it has anything to do with growths. The fact is that while Eirika gains a horse, Lyn gains the possibility to use bows! ** So she can attack from far away and not get hit by most of the enemies! *_*

I was quite disappointed about the twins not gaining any other weapon é_é

Someone should make a lord tier list

SO MANY GOD TIERS. SIGURD, IKE, HECTOR, EPHRAIM, ALM

I was quite disappointed about the twins not gaining any other weapon é_é

Both of their weapons give them +5 STR which is pretty awesome though.

SO MANY GOD TIERS. SIGURD, IKE, HECTOR, EPHRAIM, ALM

Both of their weapons give them +5 STR which is pretty awesome though.

Sigurd is the only that belongs in god tier

and I find Hector overrated

is Alm way better than Celica?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Marth is hardly that bad. He has chest and village utility (he's the only one who can recruit village characters and get items from villages) and his growths are quite nicely distributed compared to other lords. Sure, he can't promote, but with FE1 and FE3's low stat caps that's hardly a problem (plus, he can use the star orb and star orb shards to boost his growths and he has ample time to take advantage of the latter). As for FE11 and FE12, he's given 10 extra level ups, although I'll admit it's 10 less than what regular units gets. But let's not forget in FE12 the Shield of Seals gives him a +2 boost in all stats, which practically acts like promotion gains (except it doesn't involve being hindered by a level 20 cap until the "promotion is received"). That also means he can reach 27 speed (according to his level 30 averages and taking Shield of Seals into account) and cannot be doubled except for odd exceptions like Brave Weapons.

As for Alm, in terms of relative strength to other units in his game, I'd say he's definitely the most powerful lord (Sigurd competes with Ayra and Levin in terms of combat, Ephraim competes with Seth and plenty of other good units, and Hector competes with Marcus and Raven). Gargoyles in Fire Emblem Gaiden (which are quite plentiful) will almost always double every character, except for Alm (and Clea but her strength is low) who's speed is the only one high enough to avoid getting doubled. Also, his defense is insane, seeing how he usually only takes one damage from physical attacks. There is literally no units on his team that can even compete with his high stats. The only ones that can compete with his offense are Clea once she's promoted and Zeke who comes insanely late in the game. Add to the fact that he gets bows upon promotion (which have 1-3 range) and he's even more ridiculous.

Cellica isn't as ridiculous as Alm in terms of raw stats (they're still good, but Alm's are significantly better), but she has lots of versatility. She can use swords, magic, and healing even unpromoted. This means she can target both defense and resistance, and has the option to do so from the very start when you get her. Even if you use a sword to attack on player phase, she'll switch and counter with the right spell for the right range, assuming she has it available. Though in terms of relative strength, she's outclassed by Paola, Katua, and Sonia. Still, none of them can compete with Cellica when it comes to the right balance of raw stats and utility.

I feel so bad proving you wrong, especially after all the favours you've done for me, but...

Bases:

NAME      	LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
Eirika      	01  16  04  08  09  05  03  01
Lyn      	01  16  04  07  09  05  02  00

Let's not forget Eirika has a much earlier join time.

Growths:

NAME      	MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
Eirika      	70  40  60  60  60  30  30
Lyn      	70  40  60  60  55  20  30

But if you're talking about how everyone in Sacred Stones is generally more powerful than people in Blazing Sword, I'll accept that.

...anyways, I apologize again.

Edited by Randoman

Bases:

NAME      	LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
Eirika      	01  16  04  08  09  05  03  01
Lyn       01  16  04  07  09  05  02  00

Let's not forget Eirika has a much earlier join time.

Growths:

NAME      	MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
Eirika      	70  40  60  60  60  30  30
Lyn       70  40  60  60  55  20  30

Unfortunately, all of this means absolutely nothing.

And Lyn Mode considered, Eirika doesn't have an "earlier" join time at all.

But if you're talking about how everyone in Sacred Stones is generally more powerful than people in Blazing Sword, I'll accept that.

I was.