Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the old polls go?

The map for Chapter 3 was already made, so the Hector vote was over.

For the new inheritance poll I figured we better get to the real nitty of it, should they use the calculations or not, especially since we'll be implementing all 3 of Roy's choices (the others based on the old polls popularity, I got the results down)

The truth of the matter is, I really didn't want to do FE4's growths, they were too large, I didn't like the idea of not only smacking multiple caps, but essentially kneecapping anybody who wanted to play with Ninian as the mother (Oh Hai 45% strength growth and how are you today?) Keep in mind that everyone still gets custom growths, but voting to not use the calculation means I can make them overall lower

I think you were trying to rig the votes against Ninian... XP

I think the growths should be like the FE4 calculations but if it makes a character not right they should be made custom.

Uh question: will you also add characters from the manga? would be cool to use Gant, Tiena and Al.

Honestly? No probably not. Hasha no Tsurugi read like a self-insert fanfic a lot of the times, Which is going to happen when your protagonist is a Half-Dragon descendant of a legendary hero (as in DIRECT) and the actual characters of FE6 play a bit role to the cast of the manga. But I digress, I don't really see a point, although you're welcome to pitch the idea to me in a way that sounds appealing, and then I would consider it. But on my own preferences? Hasha no Tsurugi can go suck an egg.

Who knows though? Maybe my impression of HnT was just a first impressions thing, and I'll like it if I read it again.

I don't know if you can help me and/or if this is just a personal problem, but here's the deal. I downloaded the current patch on the front page, and NUPS tells me it doesn't match the file. I patch anyway through some desperate hope, and nothing's really changed aside from a slight modification to the opening "Nintendo 2002" screen, which has a random "dtn" slapped in the middle there. I tried starting a new game and it's just vanilla FE6. Help?

I don't know if you can help me and/or if this is just a personal problem, but here's the deal. I downloaded the current patch on the front page, and NUPS tells me it doesn't match the file. I patch anyway through some desperate hope, and nothing's really changed aside from a slight modification to the opening "Nintendo 2002" screen, which has a random "dtn" slapped in the middle there. I tried starting a new game and it's just vanilla FE6. Help?

Isn't this patch for FE8 from now on?

Edited by shadowofchaos

the patch on the front page is a Mini-hack I did for FE6 to make Roy promote earlier, nothing more, nothing less

FE6: Roy's Promotion Time changed to 16/x (no other changes)

see, I pretty clearly labeled it.

Edited by Onmi

the patch on the front page is a Mini-hack I did for FE6 to make Roy promote earlier, nothing more, nothing less

FE6: Roy's Promotion Time changed to 16/x (no other changes)

see, I pretty clearly labeled it.

What is the patch supposed to be used with? I've tried on a blank fe6, a translated fe6, and it crashes around chapter 11.

Oh, I did use NUPS.

Edited by Bryan

A translated FE6. I think I may have based the patch off a buggy patch, does 11A crash when you try to seize the throne?

I'll go fix this when I get home. Don't want to have to explain to the IT department why I'm downloading a rom at university.

A translated FE6. I think I may have based the patch off a buggy patch, does 11A crash when you try to seize the throne?

I'll go fix this when I get home. Don't want to have to explain to the IT department why I'm downloading a rom at university.

Yea, it does crash when I seize that throne. I'm not quite sure why, as nothing else has changed with that scene.

Yea, it does crash when I seize that throne. I'm not quite sure why, as nothing else has changed with that scene.

I recently received a compilation and that FE6 was buggy and crashed at the throne. I didn't know about the bug and I didn't have any clean FE6 roms to base it off so I didn't see any reason not to, rest assured in 3 or so minutes I'll update with a corrected link

http://www.mediafire.com/?mle7gutvbwqtciq

Corrected link, made with a completely clean FE6 rom

Edited by Onmi

Wah. I've been in the very early stages of making an "updated" version of FE6 recently, only to find out that I wasn't the only one!

Oh, well. From the way yours sounds, we both had different ideas on how to do it. I'm a lousy hacker, so I have no doubt that I won't be able to input some of the features you're talking about. (There's also the fact that I'm less likely to actually finish it.)

Anyway, I'd like to play it to see what you've accomplished, but I can't seem to find the download link.dry.gif All I could find was the promotion early patch. Do you have a version up?

So I'm not so clear, have you moved to recreated FE6 in FE8, or were you always on FE8 (or remain on FE6?). I ask because a batch of FE6 modules and data was uploaded today, and I dunno if there's new information in it or not that might help you out. It's for FE6. Just thought I'd ask in case it could help out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a noob but this may seem really silly but I don't see a link anywhere I realize its there but I really haven't done played hacks since recently please don't criticize me but can somebody please help cause i want to play this hack

Sorry I'm a noob but this may seem really silly but I don't see a link anywhere I realize its there but I really haven't done played hacks since recently please don't criticize me but can somebody please help cause i want to play this hack

lerntoread?kthnxbyeeee!

you can have it here

thank you come again

This was the best part XP

Untitled.png

lerntoread?kthnxbyeeee!

I did ask for not to critizcize me but i it makes you feel better could you please just tell me specifically where to find the download link or Url it takes you like less than 2 minutes and helps me a lot so pretty please

I did ask for not to critizcize me but i it makes you feel better could you please just tell me specifically where to find the download link or Url it takes you like less than 2 minutes and helps me a lot so pretty please

There is none. The hack is still being made. The only link we have is a patch that makes Roy promote sooner, but that's all. =P