Fire Emblem: Maiden Quest

Cedar

FIRE EMBLEM: MAIDEN QUEST

Original (and probably most updated) topic found here:

http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?&act=ST&f=41&t=692

Well, since FEE3 officially starts today, I've decided to finally announce this project on forums outside TEB.

Fire Emblem:Maiden Quest will be a hack centered around Sain's seemingly hopeless quest to get married.

Making a Sain-based hack was pretty much 100% Ezra's idea, but I shamelessly stole it from him since I thought it would be fun to do myself.

This hack will include:

• Ten chapters
  • Some custom maps
  • Custom edited events
  • Custom "Caelin-world map" prologues to chapters
  • Female enemy units
  • New written script and convos full of lulz
  • A few custom battle animations, but nothing fancy. I'm no spriter after all. If YOU are a spriter, however, see text below
  • Possibly one or two non-custom mug splices, but most of the portraits I'll be using will be copy-pasta taken from FE6-8 games.

NOTE TO SPRITERS: If you see any spliced/generic mug and/or custom animation in the hack that you'd like to replace with your own, submit it to me and I'll definitely consider incorporating it into my hack. If I do use your sprite, I will make sure you get all your due credit PLUS, I'll be SUPER grateful since I'm far too lazy to make my own custom mugs/animations. Your mug will have to be pretty well made to please me though...

NOTE TO MAPPERS: Maps are also a pain for me to do. So if you see any map that you think you can best with your own, submit it to me and I'll consider subbing yours in for mine. I'm still fairly new at maps, and I find them quite tedious to do...So any help would be appreciated. As with sprites, I will have fairly high standards.

A short demo patch can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpenen95etvt1xt

As you can probably tell, this hack will mainly be for fun, both for myself and for the player. If it makes you laugh, then I have succeeded. As such, expect the plot to be shamelessly nonsensical and ridiculous at times. 'Cuz I CAN and WILL throw logic out the window for the sake of hilarity.

CREDIT AND SPECIAL THANKS:

Ideas/Plot Support:

Ezra - First off, as much as this idea is full of win, I cannot claim it as my own. As stated before, the whole "Sain vs. women" concept was thought up by Ezra. So, this hack would never had existed without Ezra's genius idea that I shamelessly stole. This is also why his name is the default tactician name. He also came up with the idea of giving Sain more "weapons" than just "woo," namely the "sappy poem" and "serenade."

CJ9150 - He motivated and helped me a ton with chapter 2 script, when I slogging through boss convos and other such things. Serra's convo was pretty much his idea, which was awesome. I would have never thought of that... He's also proposed to make a chapter with a mini-war on it, which I may or may not do in a future chapter.

Dath - Chapter 2 is pretty much Dath's idea in chapter form. Though Ezra was the first to propose a Sain-based hack, Dath was actually the one who brought up the idea to pit Sain against all the playable female FE7 characters. This idea was so full of lulz and helped kick me off on starting this hack.

Map Support:

Cam, CJ9150, Shadowofchaos - They all helped in critiquing the prologue/chapter 1 map. It's improved greatly because of their input.

Feaw - He's volunteered to help me out with maps, and my goodness, this is awesome! I am crying tears of joy that I won't have to make all of my own maps and/or rip them straight from FE7. So far, he's beautified the map for chapter 2, and I love it. I can't wait to see the other maps he ends up helping me with. ^_^

Spritework Contributions/Support:

Cam -He made all the wine icons and modified the FE12 potion icon for me to use as the beer icon.

Shadowofchaos -Contributed the Lily mug.

Beta-testers:

Ephraim, Ezra, Masterplan201, CJ9150 - So far, they've given me quite a bit of useful feedback on how to improve the first couple chapters, and I have full faith in them to continue to be awesome and help me make the final version of this hack amazing.

Eventing/Hacking Support:

Cam- Pointed out that permanent event IDs exist and helped get my map music to function properly.

Shadowofchaos- Explained Nintenlord's walking sound patch.

General Support/Motivation:

Ezra

Eph

CJ9150

FEDE

Dath

Kiro

soadfa

Stef

Dess

Eh...pretty much the whole of TEB, in general. Thanks for encouraging me along, as always. ^_^

LP'ers:

Cam - Go check out his vids. Keeeeeeent!

I must also thank everyone who made utilities and/or wrote tutorials that allowed me to hack in the first place...more specifically, I'd like to thank Arch for his epic event hacking tutorial/Nightmare modules; Nintenlord for his Event Assembler/MAR Array inserter/Nightmare modules, Xeld for his FEditor/Nightmare modules, Blazer for his Ultimate FE Tutorial/Nightmare modules, MarkyJoe1990 for his map insertion tutorial, SpyroDi, IcyToast, and GK for their Nightmare modules, and all the hard-working hackers out there that I have not named who continue to make hacking easier for the rest of us... Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't have done any of this without your sweet hacking tutorials and utilities.

NOTE: Credits will get longer as the hack proceeds to be made.

And now for some SCREENSHOTS:

Prologue--

Shot.pngquick.png

OMGKnight.pngPig-1.png

Goaway.pngFlirty.png

icyglare.pngwooinaction.png

Chapter1--

Prologuetomap.pngStrike.png

Smiteme.pngtown_girl.png

kent.pngupdated.png

villager.pngSkirtchaser-1.png

Woo_revised.pngFlame.png

palette.pngPub-1.png

Kent2.pngreunion.png

And as for videos...

Camtech's LPs:

Edited by Cedar

Now this is an interesting project. I'd be happy to make maps for this one, especially because it isn't that long.

If you could PM me with all the custom maps (and hell, even original maps I'd might spice up a little if you don't mind), I'll look into what needs work and what doesn't.

Cedar, I just finished recording this for FEE3...

Oh my god. I was fuckin' blown away by this. This is an amazing joke hack, and I seriously want to play more! xD

I wish you the best of luck for this!

And with a few minor tweaks, I release the demo patch (Prologue + Chapt.1):

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpenen95etvt1xt

Enjoy, guys~~

Now this is an interesting project. I'd be happy to make maps for this one, especially because it isn't that long.

If you could PM me with all the custom maps (and hell, even original maps I'd might spice up a little if you don't mind), I'll look into what needs work and what doesn't.

Sweeeeet. I'll definitely send you my custom maps (like...all one of them XD) when I get around to it.

Thanks for offering to help. I really appreciate it. ^_^

Edited by Cedar

A lulzy hack that can make you laugh as hard as it trolls you? Yes please.

And this seems so promising, I will keep an eye on this. :3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...Not much strategy that can be done with just one or two units...

I'm just hoping my custom events will keep people from getting too bored of Sain-solos. XD

You'll get to use more units after chapter 3's done. Hopefully, the strategical gameplay part of the hack will pick up by then.

*after many months finally starts coming back on Serenes*

Hey nice to see your posting MQ in other places Cedar~!

Gosh! I'm so gonna like this hack!

The first two screenshots made me giggle, and the rest made me die in laughter! :XD:

I must try this when I make myself un-busy afterwards.

• 4 months later...

HAHAHAA!! Oh gosh, this makes me like Sain even more!

Good relationship stuff, I can learn from him.

Hope the patch is going well by the way!

Please don't necropost in topics. Closing - Cedar if you need this reopened at a later date, please contact a staff member.