Zombie Apocalypse meets Fire Emblem? (DEMO PATCH 1 IS HERE!)

Cedar

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a glitch has been spotted. XD

Apparently, on chapter 4, if you haven't escaped by turn 5, the ROM may or may not freeze do to a unit loading glitch.

Here's a patch that should have that glitch fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5h328241hf7hfgy

But as long as you've escaped by turn 5, you should be fine playing the first patch.

@Espeon. You named your tactician the n-word? O_o

Edited by Cedar

And a glitch has been spotted. XD

Apparently, on chapter 4, if you haven't escaped by turn 5, the ROM may or may not freeze do to a unit loading glitch.

Here's a patch that should have that glitch fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5h328241hf7hfgy

But as long as you've escaped by turn 5, you should be fine playing the first patch.

@Espeon. You named your tactician the n-word? O_o

Ah! I was wondering if it was a glitch or my emulator not liking the game at that point. Was about to report it here just in case.

I'll re-patch the rom soon and see if it works.

Are there any plans to make a chapter where Dath finally goes mad and tries to kill everyone (if that chapter isn't in the game already)?

Dath won't take the abuse forever, so expect some character development as the hack goes on ^_^

Which game was this patch made for? I presume it's FE7.

that would explain why it didn't like to be patched to FE8, lol, I assumed since it had monsters, it was Fe8, guess I didn't look very closely.I think that's just me being stupid, it does appear to be Fe7.

Edited by Trueblade

My God, this is amazing. I wanted to post something among the lines of "Cedar I love your work and you have a great sense of humor" but I noticed she's not the only one making this so...you guys are all great. Thanks for making this demo, it definitely made my day. The Black Knight, the vendor, and the ridicule of the French were definitely my favorite parts.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far~! ^_^

You can thank Dess for the lulzy humor. Your favorite parts were all his ideas. ^_^

Also, since Dess is the director/main script-writer of this hack, everyone else on the team is pretty much following his lead, so I'd go as far to call this his hack, pretty much.

speaking of dess, for an swordmaster jegian, what are his growth rates?

IIRC, they weren't terrible. Since he is a Jeigan Lord, his growths were made to be somewhat good, but nothing really great. I think the biggest fear was that everyone would love how Dath was turning out that very few people would use Ezra. At least I thought that was potentially something that could upset the balance of character usability that wasn't intentional.

If you keep the character pool so small that you can deploy (nearly) everyone (or keep forced deployment like you've been doing), that won't matter much. If people ever try to make tier lists or efficiencize this game, Ezra is going to be the first guy to get bagged considering all his (for turn count's sake) bad properties. If you're worried about character balance, you'd do better to nerf the bird.

But we wouldn't want that.

If you keep the character pool so small that you can deploy (nearly) everyone (or keep forced deployment like you've been doing), that won't matter much. If people ever try to make tier lists or efficiencize this game, Ezra is going to be the first guy to get bagged considering all his (for turn count's sake) bad properties. If you're worried about character balance, you'd do better to nerf the bird.

But we wouldn't want that.

That's true I guess.

so I'd go as far to call this his hack, pretty much

It's a collaborative effort by the folks at TEB, so no one really has possession of the hack.

speaking of dess, for an swordmaster jegian, what are his growth rates

I think Cedar or Vanilla know...

But what I do know is that we were originally planning on giving him 0% for luck to troll both him and the player :3

I'm glad you guys like it so far ^_^

• 3 months later...

Update.

We've begun work again (yaaay...), so updates will be popping up in the next few weeks/months/years.

But more importantly, we have some issues we're wrestling with at the moment- the biggest regarding a lack of a good spriter.

Cedar and the rest of the crew are hacking chapter 6 at the moment, so we're planning on releasing a demo that will stretch to chapter 9/10.

Edit: Also, we have shades.

Edit2: Also, for those interested on how we work so efficiently, it's because we speak in cryptic lol text that's difficult to decipher.

9b342dde630268e79f95c7b93e091ca2.png