why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

I actually did promote him by chapter 4/5 the first time I played, and then he pwnd, but I made the mistake of making him go Fighter-Hero (i thought it might improve his speed and skill growht rates, because I hadn't discovered this site), so his strength capped early and low, and he wasn't too good later on. The other times I played, I was too lazy to train him during the regular chapters.

Actually, Fighter-Hero is a pretty decent option. Even if the strength cap is low, who cares? 25 strength and axes is enough to kill pretty much everything.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Fighter-Hero is a pretty decent option. Even if the strength cap is low, who cares? 25 strength and axes is enough to kill pretty much everything.

Later on, he couldn't one-hit anything like he could as a zerker, and he was my main powerhouse, so fighting da cyclops sucked (I only have so many maxed out Cormag's and maxed out Myrrhs). Still decent though, just less of a powerhouse. (5 str makes a difference)

You're worried about OHKOing everything?

Haha, it doesn't matter, because Hero!Ross can ORKO 95% of all generics with axes.

Also, Hero crest compt. Has. Several great/good units, barring lolMarisa.

So, Zerker Ross would be the best path, but Hero!Ross isn't shabby either.

However, Ross pales in comparision to Hero!Garcia!.

also, on topic, I've found most GBA warriors to turn bulky on promotion, due to the +3 def/res gains.

And fe6s promo gains mustve been cloned from fe5....

Later on, he couldn't one-hit anything like he could as a zerker, and he was my main powerhouse, so fighting da cyclops sucked (I only have so many maxed out Cormag's and maxed out Myrrhs). Still decent though, just less of a powerhouse. (5 str makes a difference)

Just use a shot of S rank you get 30 uses each over 8 weapons with effective (who cares about S dark) that's 180 uses overall

That's HUGE

by the time Cyclops become unORKOable by 25str it should be lategame anyway even if you're conservative with S ranks

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• 2 months later...

IDK if this is a necro-post.

But, I'm wondering how viable Bartre would be on fe6HM

I think bartre would be ok.

22 Str at this point is just great.He could use bows for better accuracy if you need it. Too bad his speed blows but i guess you could give him the brave axe.

Sooo...

Fe6 Bartre: Best warrior in FE Saga: Attack is there, Luck is good, Speed and Skill moderate, great HP.

Fe6 Lot and Ward: Sucks both of them.

Fe7 Bartre: Sucks balls.

Fe7 Dorcas: Sucks balls.

Fe7 Geitz with HM bonuses: Worriah at his best.

Fe8 Garcia: Sucks.

Fe8 Ross: Sucks because he is way too much fragile initially and rapes turn count, great for unranked or casual.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo...

Fe6 Bartre: Best warrior in FE Saga: Attack is there, Luck is good, Speed and Skill moderate, great HP.

Fe6 Lot and Ward: Sucks both of them.

Fe7 Bartre: Sucks balls.

Fe7 Dorcas: Sucks balls.

Fe7 Geitz with HM bonuses: Worriah at his best.

Fe8 Garcia: Sucks.

Fe8 Ross: Sucks because he is way too much fragile initially and rapes turn count, great for unranked or casual.

After fiddling with all the warriors in casual and in drafts.

SOme words.

Garcia is pretty good, if you feed him a spdwings or two, he's decent.

Ross is the same, but Pirate->Warrior IMO.

Dorcas is like, the 2nd best hero crested unit, and Bartre is alright on HNM.

fe6 Lott/Ward are both pretty good due to the promo gains.

fe6 Bartre matches Kliens attack with a Silver Bow, when Bartre uses Iron.

Not to mention 1-2 range and all that.

Geitz is bro, but he doesn't do much afterwards, at least Hawkeye can get the ch26 armoury with an elixer packed.

Garcia is probobly the best, due to fast fireXfire support, 3 spdwings in fe8, and good bases+early joining and the option to use HATCHET

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1320273566[/url]' post='1747899']

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Ross only has long term use, being a T0 unit. You could blame this on FE8's lack of difficulty, but I say put Ross in any of the GBA games, and he'll do perfectly fine.

Ross - 30%

Lot - 35%

FE6 Bartre - 30%

FE7 Bartre - 40%

:/

I found Ross better as a berserker, more speed and the critical bonus like a sword master plus his high luck make him better than he could ever be as a warrior, not to mention Dozla's a worthless berserker. Bartre I didn't mind as a warrior, his high strength got him places, and since I miss the ocean seal or forget to train Dart a lot, he has his uses.