why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

Well, if you put it that way, I suppose I can agree. However, there's only two secret books in the game, and one of those is on Ilia route. I'd rather not assume we're going one particular route just for the sake of argument.

I don't think anyone here is trying to defend Gonzales' hit rates on Sacae Route. The point is not that Gonzales has good hit rates in general, but rather that his hit rates are not completely unsalvageable and there are cases where he can be reliable.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gonzales's problem is less that his Skill is low and moreso that he's locked to axes. Most other characters can switch to swords/lances, which have both better base hit and allow for WTC.

now if MKS was talking about being locked to Axes or his low magic defense, i'm certain this dicussion wouldn't have lasted as long

Bold: TBH, I'm sure that if I started harping on about that instead, that wouldn't be taken seriously either... Seriously, who really cares about res??

Edited by Metal King Slime

As long as Gonzo can take a bolting, he's in good standing. lolres ever on physical units in GBA ever except prepromote pallies and peggie/falcos, anyway.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Indeed.

He must be jealous of Senor Gonzales's good and handsome looks. :awesome:

Secret books are good on Gonzo, better on Percival, and maybe on some other units(Lot, maybe Dieck, maybe Barte)

I like them on Echidna since nobody's getting 100s anyway with axes, so might as well bring her closer to it.

Also because every point of crit on her matters. Gotta love mass-buying Killer Axes for cheap.

...I don't think I've seen much of 100s beyond MARCUS SMASH early game, Dieck v. Axemen, and Rutger v. Anything that doesn't have a lance and sometimes may have a lance.

I like them on Echidna since nobody's getting 100s anyway with axes, so might as well bring her closer to it.

Also because every point of crit on her matters. Gotta love mass-buying Killer Axes for cheap.

...I don't think I've seen much of 100s beyond MARCUS SMASH early game, Dieck v. Axemen, and Rutger v. Anything that doesn't have a lance and sometimes may have a lance.

Yeah... I suppose I was spoiled by the more recent FE games, where seeing 100s for most of the game wasn't unheard of.

I rarely see 100s period, but it's usually high 80s to 90s so not that big of a deal.

All I remember in my last FE6 run was Chapter 22, Alan had something of like 67 hit against a Druid. That's not very cool. He might've been skill screwed though.

I rarely see 100s period, but it's usually high 80s to 90s so not that big of a deal.

All I remember in my last FE6 run was Chapter 22, Alan had something of like 67 hit against a Druid. That's not very cool. He might've been skill screwed though.

I assume you're talking about in the perspective of FE6 alone, in which case, yeah, I'd have to agree.

Edited by Metal King Slime

No, In any game ever. I have the playspeed of "not quite efficient but still faster than average" so I don't have the patience to raise people to 20 then promote unless I'm either lacking in promotion items or actually sure that said character can hit 20/20 (which happens very rarely if ever). They don't have all those extra levels from slowplay to count in.

I'd be lucky to see 90s in FE6 using any weapon but a sword or earlygame Marcus killing scrubs.

No, In any game ever. I have the playspeed of "not quite efficient but still faster than average" so I don't have the patience to raise people to 20 then promote unless I'm either lacking in promotion items or actually sure that said character can hit 20/20 (which happens very rarely if ever). They don't have all those extra levels from slowplay to count in.

Oh. Whoops.

• 4 weeks later...

Fir on the Isles always had 100 with iron. I don't know about steel, though. Still, axefest chapter 9 to 13 or something like that. Even Alan had some good hit with a sword there.

• 2 months later...

To be honest, my Ross was always good on the lower difficulties in SS because of the tower, and Gilliam and his dad and Seth potentially meat-shielding to protect him while he hatchets himself up to a class one, then his bases wreck.

I always liked Dart a lot in FE7 on HNM and ENM and even some on EHM. Monster Strength, Speed, HP. (Not sure if he still counts in this, because he's a pirate/zerker)

You also forgot Hector the protector (and complete and utter everything-slayer) uses axes.

How can anybody hate Gonzales? Most adorable FE character ever.

Gonzadorable.

That's a silly reason not to promote at level 20. 20/8 is a lot easier to achieve than 10/18.

To be honest, my Ross was always good on the lower difficulties in SS because of the tower, and Gilliam and his dad and Seth potentially meat-shielding to protect him while he hatchets himself up to a class one, then his bases wreck.

Why do you need to use the Tower to train Ross? He has to score one or two chips on Chapter 2. A kill is preferable, but isn't always possible to feed to him. Then, he kills every single enemy in Chapter 3 not using a Sword (which isn't even very difficult with the Hatchet, walls, and Moulder), other than the one enemy in the northwest. If he got sufficient experience in Chapter 2 and gets the boss kill in Chapter 3, he can be promoted for Chapter 4. At that point if he got lucky with SPD he becomes basically your best foot unit.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Why do you need to use the Tower to train Ross? He has to score one or two chips on Chapter 2. A kill is preferable, but isn't always possible to feed to him. Then, he kills every single enemy in Chapter 3 not using a Sword (which isn't even very difficult with the Hatchet, walls, and Moulder), other than the one enemy in the northwest. If he got sufficient experience in Chapter 2 and gets the boss kill in Chapter 3, he can be promoted for Chapter 4. At that point if he got lucky with SPD he becomes basically your best foot unit.

I actually did promote him by chapter 4/5 the first time I played, and then he pwnd, but I made the mistake of making him go Fighter-Hero (i thought it might improve his speed and skill growht rates, because I hadn't discovered this site), so his strength capped early and low, and he wasn't too good later on. The other times I played, I was too lazy to train him during the regular chapters.

I would think Pirate->Zerk is the best for his speed. Zerk and Hero Ross end up with the same speed at the same level on tier 2 on average. Pirate->Zerk promotion is +1 speed and Fighter->Hero is +2, but Journeyman -> Pirate has 1 more speed on Journeyman->Fighter so it's like getting one of Hero's 2 speed bonuses early and he gets to take advantage of that earlier.

Right. If you're concerned about Attack Speed then Pirate -> Berserker is the way to go.

Hero, Berserker, and Journeyman 3 all end up with +2 speed gains, but Pirate is the only first tier option that grants speed.

Additionally, Berserker provides the most Con.

Journeyman 3 = 8 Con.

Hero Ross = 11 Con.

Berserker Ross = 13 Con.

And 13 Con still allows Ross to be picked up by a good amount of mounted units.

I always liked Dart a lot in FE7 on HNM and ENM and even some on EHM. Monster Strength, Speed, HP. (Not sure if he still counts in this, because he's a pirate/zerker)

Except that his skill always sucks even after eating a Secret Book. He relies mostly on crits after promotion to hit junk that doesnt have a lance equipped.

Hero, Berserker, and Journeyman 3 all end up with +2 speed gains, but Pirate is the only first tier option that grants speed.

Arr. Plus Fighters have shittier defense anyway.