why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

Which does next to nothing to raise my low opinion of him becuase I'd rather not take any risks with his hit rate that's doomed to suck for eternity, espcially in situations where I NEED to hit. He (Gonzales) may have good HP, Str and Speed, but the low Skill ruins all that, as I see it, especially since I consider accuracy far more of a problem in FE6 than in FE7.

you do know that in FE6 critical hit is calcuated before hit rate right?

30% critical hit from beserker class, 30% or so plus from killer axes= 60 critcal hit normally, which is around an 60% chance to deal an one hit kill in every battle he's in.

if i was debating on Gonzales's "uselessness" then i'd focus on his low magic defense then his hit rate.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which does next to nothing to raise my low opinion of him becuase I'd rather not take any risks with his hit rate that's doomed to suck for eternity, espcially in situations where I NEED to hit. He (Gonzales) may have good HP, Str and Speed, but the low Skill ruins all that, as I see it, especially since I consider accuracy far more of a problem in FE6 than in FE7.

So don't use him in a situation where you need a hit? Lead with him. Also, skill books.

Edited by deranger

you do know that in FE6 critical hit is calcuated before hit rate right?

30% critical hit from beserker class, 30% or so plus from killer axes= 60 critcal hit normally, which is around an 60% chance to deal an one hit kill in every battle he's in.

if i was debating on Gonzales's "uselessness" then i'd focus on his low magic defense then his hit rate.

Doublefacepalm.jpg

Tch.... People still believe that? That's nonsense.

Edited by Metal King Slime

my point is your complaining about the one thing about Gonzales that can be easly fixed.

skill books for example, help him greatly.

he has pretty great survival vs most if not all non magic users, so even fi he does miss, he's not in any real danger of dying(unless the as formentioned magic users)

Skill is not his issue, its magic defense

i'm 99% sure most of this blind hate comes from that he's ugly on the outside.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

my point is your complaining about the one thing about Gonzales that can be easly fixed.

skill books for example, help him greatly.

he has pretty great survival vs most if not all non magic users, so even fi he does miss, he's not in any real danger of dying(unless the as formentioned magic users)

Skill is not his issue, its magic defense

i'm 99% sure most of this blind hate comes from that he's ugly on the outside.

You DO realize that almost every physical unit in FE6 has terrible magic defense, right? So I'm not seeing that as much of an argument.

according to you, everyone in FE6 has hit issues due to the enemies having higher dodge, therefore Gonzales having low skill isn't much of an argument

What? I'm not getting what you're saying because it's not even the same as I see it. Also, you're right, I hate Gonzales for being ugly. His Skill sucking just adds fuel to that fire. Seriously, being locked to the most inaccurate weapon type and having awful skill to boot is no fun, especially in a game like FE6.

How about the fact, that when Gonzo hits, it either ohkos or leaves the enemy with single digit HP.

More like if he hits. Also, one bad apple spoils the whole barrel. Sky-high Strength means nothing to me without decent hit rates to back it, y'know.

Secret book.

And +5skill from promotion.

Negligible.

That'd be worth something... but not without the patience of a saint to tolerate frequent misses.

Can we just leave it at 'Gonzales is great objectively but people who want reliability/hotness would probably look elsewhere'? I can't imagine this arguing ending ever.

Gonzo is good, Geese is kinda crappy, and Garret is filler.

In fe7, they took Geese, renamed him dart, gave him gonzos growths+steroids, and made the ocean seal exclusive to pirates.

Also, gonzo, fir, OJ, and geese have to compete with...

Rutger-

Murderface

Dieck-

Terminator

Lot-

Grows to be as durable as fuck, and is an average joe with anima aff.

I'd say that Warriors>Berserkers in general-

Unless we're saying fe7

Where Hawkeye is better than Geitz and Dorcas/Barte>Dart.

Yeah, gonzo is decent.

I'd raise him to level 20, and wait post ch16 to use a crest on him.

Gonzo is good, Geese is kinda crappy, and Garret is filler.

In fe7, they took Geese, renamed him dart, gave him gonzos growths+steroids, and made the ocean seal exclusive to pirates.

Also, gonzo, fir, OJ, and geese have to compete with...

Rutger-

Murderface

Dieck-

Terminator

Lot-

Grows to be as durable as fuck, and is an average joe with anima aff.

I'd say that Warriors>Berserkers in general-

Unless we're saying fe7

Where Hawkeye is better than Geitz and Dorcas/Barte>Dart.

Yeah, gonzo is decent.

I'd raise him to level 20, and wait post ch16 to use a crest on him.

Gonzales is good... by your standards, that is, since I will never acknowledge him. His accuracy is unfixable (secret books are negligible, and supports don't help much in that regard, and it doesn't help that most of his support partners aren't that good anyhow), and that's all the reason I need. Oh, and he's ugly as sin.

Gonzales is good... by your standards, that is, since I will never acknowledge him. His accuracy is unfixable (secret books are negligible, and supports don't help much in that regard, and it doesn't help that most of his support partners aren't that good anyhow), and that's all the reason I need.

I dunno, he gets hit rates in the 70s against Falcoknights. Regular Pegasi and Cavaliers and Wyverns are slower. He doesn't have WTA against axe users or magic users, but they have lower speed too, so he can probably get into the high 60s, with the Books, probably around 75 hit. While that's not great, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that it's unfixable!

I dunno, he gets hit rates in the 70s against Falcoknights. Regular Pegasi and Cavaliers and Wyverns are slower. He doesn't have WTA against axe users or magic users, but they have lower speed too, so he can probably get into the high 60s, with the Books, probably around 75 hit. While that's not great, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that it's unfixable!

Well, seeing hit rates in the 60s regularly is pushing it for me in a game like FE6 where accuracy is actually at a premium. (Hint: You're addressing someone who is actually quite paranoid.) Also, using the Secret Books on Gonzales...? Sounds like a complete waste, and one of those books is on Ilia route anyhow; besides, 8 hit is practically negligible. (I also think his being ugly is reason for me to avoid him like the plague, but that's neither here nor there.)

Gonz is probably a lot more salvagable in Ilia than Sacae anyway. I hate Ilia, though. Forces me to train a peg and she has to be higher-levelled than Shin at that, and I dislike warpskipping but Ilia makes me want to bust out warp just because it pisses me off that much.

Hell, I had to have Dieck and Echidna to use a sword at times in Sacae because hit rates are pretty terrible with axes all around there. Nomads and myrms aren't exactly the greatest enemies for Gonz to deal with, and while Dracos exist, there aren't really that many of them.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Gonz is probably a lot more salvagable in Ilia than Sacae anyway. I hate Ilia, though. Forces me to train a peg and she has to be higher-levelled than Shin at that, and I dislike warpskipping but Ilia makes me want to bust out warp just because it pisses me off that much.

Probably because your mounts sadface at the number of trees in Ilia?

Hell, I had to have Dieck and Echidna to use a sword at times in Sacae because hit rates are pretty terrible with axes all around there. Nomads and myrms aren't exactly the greatest enemies for Gonz to deal with, and while Dracos exist, there aren't really that many of them.

Yeah... I despise Sacae. Nomads are a serious pain in the gluteus maximus, two fog of war maps, Monke and Gel... Count me out.

besides, 8 hit is practically negligible.

Uhh... no it's not. Let's say that 8 hit increases Gonzales's hit from 64 to 72 displayed. That's about a 10% increase in true hit, from 74.44% to 84.60%. More importantly, it decreases his chance of missing from 25.6% to 15.4%. He will miss 40% less often with +8 hit compared to if he didn't have +8 hit. That's huge.

Uhh... no it's not. Let's say that 8 hit increases Gonzales's hit from 64 to 72 displayed. That's about a 10% increase in true hit, from 74.44% to 84.60%. More importantly, it decreases his chance of missing from 25.6% to 15.4%. He will miss 40% less often with +8 hit compared to if he didn't have +8 hit. That's huge.

Well, compared to the extra pairs of Boots I could get by selling the books instead, it is! Ha ha!

Probably because your mounts sadface at the number of trees in Ilia?

Yeah... I despise Sacae. Nomads are a serious pain in the gluteus maximus, two fog of war maps, Monke and Gel... Count me out.

Everyone who doesn't fly sadface at the number of trees in Ilia, which is everyone besides...basically whichever peg I decide to train and Miledy. Sometimes Zeiss.

Except people on the receiving end of Warp. Which...like I said, I don't particularly like to skip chapters with it, but Ilia makes me want to do just that.

Sacae was more of a breeze for me, though. It was basically a Rutger killing things (had him kill 3 or 4 myrms on one EP, was great) fest, and Miledy was pretty much invincible with Delphi shield. I was amused at the number of tinks and even when it's not a tink, the damage was so negligible it was hilarious. Granted, most of my units had to switch to swords for Player Phase, but it wasn't a big deal.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Everyone who doesn't fly sadface at the number of trees in Ilia, which is...basically whichever peg I decide to train and Miledy. Sometimes Zeiss.

Except people on the receiving end of Warp. Which...like I said, I don't particularly like to skip chapters with it, but Ilia makes me want to do just that.

Sacae was more of a breeze for me, though. It was basically a Rutger killing things (had him kill 3 or 4 myrms on one EP, was great) fest, and Miledy was pretty much invincible with Delphi shield. I was amused at the number of tinks and even when it's not a tink, the damage was so negligible it was hilarious. Granted, most of my units had to switch to swords for Player Phase, but it wasn't a big deal.

Well, at least the forests are good for defense.

The frailer characters I'm more prone to raise probably would hate Sacae because, well... it ain't got jack in the way of terrain for them to hide in. And again, screw Sacae's two fog of war maps and Monke and Gel. Seriously, screw that crap. Ugh.

Well, compared to the extra pairs of Boots I could get by selling the books instead, it is! Ha ha!

Wow. Why are you always such a massive tool? The point of the argument (specifically, the exact portion of the quotation that I responded to) is not whether Boots are more important then Secret Books (Boots are more important than everything except Energy Rings and Speedwings in select few circumstances), it's whether an increase of 8 hit is or isn't significant.

Furthermore, there is an upper limit to how many Boots are useful to a player. Once you've reached 18 Boots or so, you basically have 3 14-move juggernauts, a 13-move Lalum, and a 15-move Roy. You don't really need any more. There is a substantial amount of money in the game obtainable from selling resources other than Secret Books, so guess what? That 8 hit might be better off going on someone than sold (Percival is overall a better choice than Gonzales).

You want to know why everyone thinks you're a massive tool? It's because you always, unfailingly try to pull irrelevant shit out of somewhere to salvage a lost argument (also because your manner of internet speech is horrifically annoying). Learn to concede and give up. Modesty might do you some good.

Edited by dondon151

Furthermore, there is an upper limit to how many Boots are useful to a player. Once you've reached 18 Boots or so, you basically have 3 14-move juggernauts, a 13-move Lalum, and a 15-move Roy. You don't really need any more. There is a substantial amount of money in the game obtainable from selling resources other than Secret Books, so guess what? That 8 hit might be better off going on someone than sold (Percival is overall a better choice than Gonzales).

Well, if you put it that way, I suppose I can agree. However, there's only two secret books in the game, and one of those is on Ilia route. I'd rather not assume we're going one particular route just for the sake of argument.