Top 30 Fire Emblem Characters of ALL TIME Countdown

Mekkah

Kurth's even worse for LTC because he loses 1 move upon transformation (although he becomes stronger than Ena in the long run). Although I think his tides are better because now attacking Dheg isn't a shitstorm.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a prototype list, which is conceptually flawed because it doesn't include FE5,10, or 12 (or 13, but I'm sure that NONE of the units in that game will make it on this list).

Elice (FE1, FE3 the entirety, FE11, FE12)- An underleveled cleric two chapters before the finale. OK, so she can use the Valkyrie Staff, but unless you had a unit die recently, it's a bit too late for them to be useful. Still, that's probably enough of a bonus to get her off the list, but she at least deserves a dishonorable mention. She does start out with A staves, but I think her added "Warp utility" is completely obselete and worth no points whatsoever this late in the game. Also she sucks in FE3

Maria (FE1, FE3 the entirety, FE11, FE12- ...Why would you EVER want to use her?

Boey (FE2)- He's instantly outclassed by the other two mages in your party and becomes increasingly less useful (no matter how much you use him) as the game progresses.

Atlas (FE2)- OK, so maybe Boey should just get a dishonorable mention, because he's nowhere near as godawful as Atlas.

Ardan (FE4)- Yeah, he's pretty embarassingly useless, and makes the less good than usual Social Knights (well, the red and green ones) look amazing in comparison. At least he's pretty OK in the Chapter 1 arena.

Wendy (FE6)- For reasons stated by practically everyone above.

Sophia (FE6)- Just kidding, she's obviously the secret best unit of FE6!

Amelia/Ewan (FE8)- Unuseable without tower grinding.

Edited by Refa

Here's a prototype list, which is conceptually flawed because it doesn't include FE5,10, or 12 (or 13, but I'm sure that NONE of the units in that game will make it on this list).

Throw everyone after C10 from FE12 in, Lyre, and Meg (to go alongside Wendy and Amelia) and you have an accurate list.

I knew I forgot someone Kurth! He's very useless even in drafts, and maybe the FE9 dragons too. I agree with Othin about Marty, he's useful at capturing and thats important early chapters in Thracia. I don't think any flier belongs here but i'm biased with them 0w0, the closest case is Juno imo.

There's Est from FE3, but even FE1/3 allowed Est to be usable, and she's technically not a flier for more than a chapter or two in DS entries...

Elice (FE1, FE3 the entirety, FE11, FE12)- An underleveled cleric two chapters before the finale. OK, so she can use the Valkyrie Staff, but unless you had a unit die recently, it's a bit too late for them to be useful. Still, that's probably enough of a bonus to get her off the list, but she at least deserves a dishonorable mention. She does start out with A staves, but I think her added "Warp utility" is completely obselete and worth no points whatsoever this late in the game. Also she sucks in FE3.

I find Elice useful in Warpskipping FE11. If you are forced to let someone die in the Hammerne chapter (since you have to visit it with Marth then Warp him out of there), you only have 2 Warpers without Elice, which means you can't use Hammerne and do a full skip. This matters if you are using Swordmaster Shiida for her joining chapter (if you're using Dracoknight you need to rig a crit I think), and it also matters in 24x. I guess it doesn't matter if you have enough of an opportunity to Hammerne beforehand, but I'm not sure of that.

dondon used Maria in his newest FE11 0% growths run, simply because she would be able to Warp.