Top 30 Fire Emblem Characters of ALL TIME Countdown

Mekkah

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiona has Savior but otherwise she's useless. Even the most basic of weapons weighs her down and she's got horrible stats. But she has 1-2 Range, something Astrid lacks unless she gets the loldoublebow.

Astrid get double bow.

Fiona get wishblade.

Astrid get 2 range lock

Fiona gets crappy 1-2 range...

Totally seeing both of them on that top 30 worst.

I think for a low/bottom tier character attacking from 2 range is better because its safer for them. In chapter 1-7 only a mage or two is unable to ORKO Fiona but everything else either ORKO's her or OHKO's her :(: and Fiona's 2 range is pathetic she has horrible hit unlike Astrid and Fio tinks she could chip with a magic card but those are unavailable in part 1 until 1-E ^^'.

If you make a Top 30 Worst character I know i'm going to see a lot of my favorites there QQ. BTW I don't understand why Linoan and Sara in the top 30 I thought they weren't that good tier wise. I ask this because of other Warpers like Saleh, Serra, Priscy, Moulder, Natasha, Salem and the rest.

Salem I assume lost because availability? GBA Warp isn't infinite range, and is thus only mildly ... chapterskippish.

Salem has more availability than Linoan and Sara; he can reach A Staffs at right around the same time as Sara and a few important chapters before Linoan. He's better than Linoan without a doubt, at least as a staffbot; Sara is even better, but they're all really close.

Seluf, as well, since he has A Staffs at base, before Linoan can promote and before Sara even joins. He can't fight, but he should still be right up there with the other three.

Edited by Othin

Voting Amelia for worst unit in the series.

Now yeah, there's the tower, but if you're going to use it, why not just tower everyone up so you can trivialize the already easy game?

Assuming no tower use at all and HM is chosen (because otherwise this game would have no challenge)

FE4 had perhaps the most broken class in all of FE, the Master Knight. Stellar caps (cap of 27 everywhere but speed), mounted, and access to every type of weapon but dark magic. The only thing that kept it in check was the fact that there was only 1 Master Knight in Gen 1, and only 1 possible child that could become one in Gen 2.

Amelia is the opposite of those Master Knights. Whereas those had pretty much the best of every other class, Amelia has the worst of every single class.

She has a constitution on par with Pegasus Knights and the movement of an Armor Knight. 6 Con doesn't sound abysmal until you realize that she can only use lances. She's weighed down by everything but slim lances. Sure, Pegasus Knights have an even worse constitution, but they have a very good speed; lessening the impact. She can only use Lances. Let's be honest, Vidofnir is the runt of the Sacred Twins; i.e. the worst one you would actually still use.

Ok, so Amelia joins in C9 on both routes. On Eirika's route, she leaves after 12 turns, in which case she'll reappear on C13. I'm going to be kind and assume you recruit her in C9, because oh god recruiting her in C13...actually might be a good idea.

Her bases are beyond terrible: 16 HP is poor for a mage, and beyond horrible for a melee unit. 4 Strength is just plain and simple laughable. 3 Skill means that she'll have accuracy problems on par with Sophia. 4 Speed is just 1 point ahead of Gilliam in that regard; she isn't doubling anything unless they are weighed down into oblivion and she's using the Slim Lance. 6 Luck is merely ok, and Luck's the least important stat anyways. 2 Defense is absolutely terrible: Only a very few mages tie her in this regard. Her Resistance is, compared to everyone else, surprisingly good to start off with: 3 resistance is beaten out only by the mages, Gilliam, and the pegasus knights.

Fine, what about her growths? Here's a shocker, they're among the worst in the game: 60/35/40/40/50/30/15. For comparison, Roy, one of two contenders for worst lord in the series, has growths of 80/40/50/40/60/25/30. Roy loses to her only in Defense, and begins with better bases to boot.

Of course, one may point out that FE6's growths were generally much worse than FE8's growths. Exactly, which makes Amelia even more of an outlier in that regard.

Her stats are generally on par at best with LOLDIERS in her joining chapter. When the cannon fodder has better stats than you, chances are high you are not going to live very long. And when you have the defenses of a mage and still poor resistance... she's going to end up dead fast. And before you mention javelin plinking, doing so will kill her speed and accuracy to the point that anything that is capable of doubling period will double her. And she'll have accuracy that sucks.

But what if you somehow managed to grind her up? How does she compare to everyone else? We are going to ignore having her become an Armor Knight because doing so is playing up her weaknesses even further (and a 30% growth rate is NEVER capping Defense). Super Recruit is also a horrible idea, because no constitution gains leave her a complete wreck in that regard. So let's say we make her a cavalier then.

Level 1 Cavalier Amelia has on average 22.4 HP, 7.15 Strength, 8.6 Skill, 9.6 speed, 10.5 luck, 4.7 defense, and 6.35 resistance.

Base Franz has 20 HP, 7 Strength, 5 skill, 7 speed, 2 luck, 6 defense, and 1 resistance. Franz also has better growth rates: 80/40/40/50/40/25/20. Now here's the thing: while Amelia beats out a Level 1 Franz at this point, Franz has had 8 chapters to level up before Amelia joined, and will probably keep a level advantage the whole game barring extreme favoritism. Amelia will always beat Franz in Luck and Resistance unless Franz managed to gain a level per chapter, which...is actually pretty likely if Seth is banned. In addition, Amelia without tower abuse will not be promoting until the start of C11 at the earliest. So Franz will end up destroying Amelia anyways.

Basically, she's outclassed now by Franz. She could try and become a Great Knight, but Duessel already exists. If you went Armor Knight -> General, her growths would conflict with her caps greatly (and lol 5 movement).

Yeah, never use her ever. If you're doing Eirika's route, it's actually best to steal her Speedwing, let her run away, then recruit her in C13 for another Speedwing. And while she starts off as an enemy, her recruit status means she gives horrible exp; to the point it's not even worth killing her. Why bother with her when you can use any of the other 5 godly mounted units, anyways?

(Amelia x Franz is one of the most adorable pairings ever, but that's personal opinion at work anyways)

I've already listed reasons for why Amelia is worse than Wendy, but I'm gonna second/third/whatever the nomination. Wendy, once again, has at the very least a wall she can destroy. Amelia, when recruited, gets recruited among (most likely) a massive swarm of enemies, most of whom can kill her. Especially if there's more than one of them. Since she's the weakest, and they'll immediately attempt to obliterate her.

are you guys fucking serious

Any of Wendy, Barth, and OJ can destroy the wall. Barth and Wendy are never going to face any enemies over the course of this map, and the only reason to advance OJ is to get his Armorslayer to someone who can use it.

Lyre takes my vote I can't find anything useful she can do. She tinks and can't double, cat gauge, gains slow cexp and she can't fight untransfored because her durability is already bad, so she'll depend on bexp all the other bottom tiered are capable of doing something like chipping or rescue/drop.

Regardless, we can expect to see Amelia, Wendy, Sophia, and Wolt and the other lolarchers low on that list, period.

Unlike some stupid crap like scroll-less Ronan or Rolf or even like Dorothy, Wolt actually contributes to an efficient play through.

Anyways, some nominees:

Hannibal

Ardan

Ronan

Wendy

Bors

Barth

Sophia

Karla

Amelia

Ewan

Rolf (FE9)

Lucia

Bastian

Meg

Fiona

Lyre

Oliver

A lot of units in FE11/12

Krom

Kimahri

Marcus and Zealot

Any unit with less than 40% in 8 stats

Jagen

Athos because he doesn't gain exp

Anyone who says I forgot Nino should be reminded that this is a hypothetical list wih the same loose standards Mekkah has. Nino is very good for exp rank.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Ronan has high Move and movement stars. He can contribute at a few points on an SSS run, more than many characters can do on such a run.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, I was gonna say, doesn't Ronan do some earlygame rescue-chaining or anything?

Unlike some stupid crap like scroll-less Ronan or Rolf or even like Dorothy, Wolt actually contributes to an efficient play through.

Anyways, some nominees:

Hannibal

Ardan

Ronan

Wendy

Bors

Barth

Sophia

Karla

Amelia

Ewan

Rolf (FE9)

Lucia

Bastian

Meg

Fiona

Lyre

Oliver

A lot of units in FE11/12

Krom

Kimahri

Marcus and Zealot

Any unit with less than 40% in 8 stats

Jagen

Athos because he doesn't gain exp

Given that Jeigans have made this list in many cases, I wouldn't expect them to make it on a list of worst units. A top 30 worst units would have units that are consistently awful or terrible, not units that are good for the first half and crap for the second.