The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely. She started out as good as the other two girls I used as Mages (Annette and Dorothea), but she has eclipsed both of them long ago.
The only comparison you could make is Delthea in Echoes, but even the lolinuke wasn't this blatantly more powerful than everyone else. I would call her Magic Dimitri (because that guy also turned into a veritable monster in my Blue Lions playthrough), but I think she might be even better than he was.

Thing that sucks about Delthea is that it takes quite a while till you recruit her and even when you get her she needs some level ups before she gets enough speed to double the enemy and get better spells. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Why did everyone suddenly forget Julia & Ced?

Lysithea doesn't need a holy weapon to be good.

As for Julia, she doesn't always one round enemies and isn't there for the entire game.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Thing that sucks about Delthea is that it takes quite a while till you recruit her and even when you get her she needs some level ups before she gets enough speed to double the enemy and get better spells.

True, she comes a bit late. Luckily, it's quite easy to train her due to her very good base stats, unlike other Est archetype characters.
That's the beauty of Three Houses: the game gives you all the units you need right at the beginning.

12 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Lysithea doesn't need a holy weapon to be good.

In fact, she gets even better with one. Slap Thyrsus on her and the low Movement stat of the magic-related classes sans Dark/Holy Knight (the latter of which sucks, anyway) is no longer a problem. Best part? It stacks with other range-increasing skills, giving her a theoretical 5-range spell pool. AND it gives her Pavise/Aegis due to her crest. Only issue: you also need Lorenz to get the staff, so if you want to recruit Lysithea into another house, you have to make sure you also steal that guy to get the most out of her.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

True, she comes a bit late. Luckily, it's quite easy to train her due to her very good base stats, unlike other Est archetype characters.
That's the beauty of Three Houses: the game gives you all the units you need right at the beginning.

In fact, she gets even better with one. Slap Thyrsus on her and the low Movement stat of the magic-related classes sans Dark/Holy Knight (the latter of which sucks, anyway) is no longer a problem. Best part? It stacks with other range-increasing skills, giving her a theoretical 5-range spell pool. AND it gives her Pavise/Aegis due to her crest. Only issue: you also need Lorenz to get the staff, so if you want to recruit Lysithea into another house, you have to make sure you also steal that guy to get the most out of her.

Haha, I know. Girl's already so strong but by giving her the Thyrsus and the BM+1 range ability she becomes a destroyer of all things. It's what I've been doing and she can easily take enemies out from ridiculous distances.

1 hour ago, FrostyFireMage said:

still not recruiting Lysithea though

You monstah

Finding more news about the Friends of Mineral Town remake, an interview with the game's producer was posted on a Chinese gaming site. 

My biggest takeaway from it? They're adding the "Best Friend" system from the Japanese version of Harvest Moon DS Cute! 

🏳️‍🌈

What does that mean? According to Fogu, the female-player version of Harvest Moon DS was too lazy to program out marriage to the four "special" bachelorettes: Leia, Keria, Witch Princess, and the Harvest Goddess; from the male version of the game. The "Best Friend" system was a hasty tweaking of the marriage dialogue, and while not de facto marriage, it basically is it, with the ability to adopt a child. Once you have a Best Friend, you cannot marry a bachelor or have another Best Friend. This was removed from the international release.

So, with the Friends of Mineral Town remake, you'll be able to play as the boy and undergo a "friendship ceremony" with any of the bachelors. It has not been stated whether you can Best Friends as a girl, but I'd see no good reason why not.

This so far has only been said to exist in the Asian version of the game (which does tend to feature a rudimentary English translation, partly b/c Hong Kong was a British colony, partly because it can reach a wider audience in the SE Asia region than having to translate into Tagalog, Malay, Indonesian, and other non-Chinese regional languages). But, I have every hope that the Best Friend system will feature in the international releases. If a part of the world where Taiwan only this year legalized gay marriage and another country considered making homosexuality punishable by death (Brunei). Then the Western world, where gay marriage has been legal for a while, can certainly tolerate, even embrace, these virtual civil unions with pixels. Why didn't 3H think of this?

Unfortunately, my mood to consider going for Kai has been dulled by his redesign from a little nautical to a jogger. But...

• They are considering making an option to turn off the character portraits when talking to villagers.

...this will reduce that problem. If they go through with it. Since the 3D models aren't so much the problem, it's the 2D portraits that irk me more.

Ideally, I'd want them to offer the classic designs something I could toggle in the menu; I'd pay for it as DLC. But just turning off the new portraits would be enough.

Lastly, Marvelous has stated it is adding a new bachelor and bachelorette, but these individuals have not been shown yet.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Regarding the extra bachelor/ette, outside new characters, I keep reading many people guessing/hoping the "new" bachelorette would be Aja.

Also, option to toggle off the portraits doesn't sound too surprising. Isn't that a thing already in some of their games like RF4?

Though I'd agree it would be nice having the old designs too.

RIP Lorenz and Flayne

I lost them in the second clash against the other two houses. 

But honestly it was kinda funny since my favorite character (Ingrid) killed my least favorite (Lorenz). 

Flayne was useless since she could not use magic after reclassing to a pegasus knight. 

I do not think these are big losses. 

Also recruiting is hard, only could get Sylvain yet. 

Edited by Lysithea

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This reminds me that I need to play this game. But Three Houses comes first.
Though playing through the game four times in quick succession might be a bit tiring, so... maybe...
NO! No, I'll finish up Three Houses first, then SuperNep.

Haha, in both lategame GD chapters Lysithea has been snipping bosses left and right.

The absolute madwoman.

42 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

RIP Lorenz and Flayne

I lost them in the second clash against the other two houses. 

But honestly it was kinda funny since my favorite character (Ingrid) killed my least favorite (Lorenz). 

Flayne was useless since she could not use magic after reclassing to a pegasus knight. 

I do not think these are big losses. 

Also recruiting is hard, only could get Sylvain yet. 

Flayn kind of sucks as a pegasus knight because she doesn't have the str to deal enough damage. Dancer is better for her, it's what I've made her in my BL/GD run.

Sylvain is actually a free recruit unit for the Female Byleth. Do you also try to build supports with the units you want to recruit? Having supports with them lowers their stats requirement that you need to recruit them.

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Sylvain is actually a free recruit unit for the Female Byleth. Do you also try to build supports with the units you want to recruit? Having supports with them lowers their stats requirement that you need to recruit them.

Oh, of course...how I could I forget that he cannot say no to a lady!?

Amyways I want to recruit as many people as possible since as am sure that have not been my last losses. 

It will become a come and go. 

2 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Oh, of course...how I could I forget that he cannot say no to a lady!?

Amyways I want to recruit as many people as possible since as am sure that have not been my last losses. 

It will become a come and go. 

Haha yeah Sylvain is kind of funny that way, screw your country, I want to attend the class from the hot teacher xd.

Oh, not sure if you know this but in that particular fight your units shouldn't permadie.

Flayn and Lorenz should still be fine.

26 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Haha yeah Sylvain is kind of funny that way, screw your country, I want to attend the class from the hot teacher xd.

Good lord, I had no idea that was the case.
Then again, I only use the recruitment function on people not already occupied with another house. The only characters I've recruited in my playthroughs so far were Alois, Hanneman, Cyril, and Manuela - the latter only because I wanted to see if she and Ferdinand had a paired ending after I saw their C-support. I was not disappointed.

34 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Oh, not sure if you know this but in that particular fight your units shouldn't permadie.

Flayn and Lorenz should still be fine.

Oh, I thought it only applies to the enemy. 

But after checking out, they are still here. 

Dying only matters for the motivation. 

That explains why the enemies are so much stronger in this kind of battles. 

Ever since I wrote a few unfunny things for the 'Things you are not allowed to do at Garreg Mach' game, my headcanon is that Sothis takes control of Byleth's body whenever they're asleep and proceeds to troll people, but mostly Byleth themself. Wtf, brain?

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Oh, I thought it only applies to the enemy. 

But after checking out, they are still here. 

Dying only matters for the motivation. 

That explains why the enemies are so much stronger in this kind of battles. 

Yup, Ingrid even has a special pegasus knight class that has special stats in the games data. She's the one I always have the most trouble with whenever I do that map.