• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Should I be concerned for the wellbeing of Jack?

Seeing how he shoots his own blood in battle to prevent the girls from going insane, how every other line is him getting utterly roasted (Rapunzel is the only character who outright said that she likes him... as food, that is), and how every option in battle he has (except using items) can and will get him knocked out, I'd say the very universe doesn't really care about his wellbeing, so I believe the poor fellow would appreciate your concern.

Edited by DragonFlames

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Seeing how he shoots his own blood in battle to prevent the girls from going insane, how every other line is him getting utterly roasted (Rapunzel is the only character who outright said that she likes him... as food, that is), and how every option in battle he has (except using items) can and will get him knocked out, I'd say the very universe doesn't really care about his wellbeing, so I believe the poor fellow would appreciate your concern.

Oh my.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

MS.jpg

Jack.jpg

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

TzP9er0.png

Dragon Girl when getting S-supported

""""""""S-supported""""""""""

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

MS.jpg

Jack.jpg

LMFAO! These are hilarious! Also accurate.

The memes are strong today, holy hell. XD

---

In an earlier character event in Jack Gets Bullied Nightmares (yes, I'm calling it that from now on), Cinderella tried to teach Snow White, Alice, and Gretel what "fashion" is and she summarized it as "being cute", which sparked a discussion between best girls 1 and 2 Gretel and Alice:
FgRbB9Q.jpgZ69c0d0.jpg1vGE0pR.jpgfg3ASNk.jpg

And then Cinderella's reaction to the whole thing:
e2YWajs.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Maybe it's because i haven't played a whole lot of Kirby games (Dream Land, Adventure, Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot are the only ones i've played to completion, with a little bit of Star Allies and Super Star)

Super Star invented "Copy Abilities with more than 1 move", which is core to Kirby nowadays. 

For a date-free timeline of Kirby:

Spoiler
  • Kirby's Dream Land- Invents the franchise and Kirby and King Dedede. Masahiro Sakurai made this.
  • Kirby's Adventure- A much meatier and prettier game that was a great swan song for the NES. Invented Copy Abilities and Meta Knight. Masahiro Sakurai made this.
  • Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)- The start of the "Dark Matter Trilogy", none of which Sakurai worked on. Invented Animal Friends who change up the one move of whatever copy ability Kirby has + better flight with Coo and swimming with Kine.
  • Kirby Super Star- Fleshed out Copy Abilities with more than 1 move, which most fans find to be better than 1 move with ways to modify what it is. Sakurai's last major Kirby game. Introduced co-op with a Helper Kirby can create via sacrificing their current ability. No other Kirby game has mimicked it's "several smaller games in one package" approach.
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)- Dark Matter Trilogy part 2. Three more Animal Friends for a total of 6, but Copy Abilities are back to 1 move and are lost again after being hit once. Co-op is back, but now with Gooey, who is a friendly blob of Dark Matter who plays identical to Kirby. While the game has a nice aesthetic, most fans would be inclined to call it a step back from Super Star in overall quality.
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards- The finale of the Dark Matter Trilogy. Animal Friends were replaced by being able to mix two Copy Abilities together into Power Combos- but they still all have only 1 move. A few scattered gimmick stage segments where Kirby rides in a vehicle with Waddle Dee or on the back of King Dedede. First Kirby game with 3D graphics, but it's 2.5- 2D gameplay with 3D visuals.
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land- The GBA visually-updated port of Adventure, Sakurai returned to Kirby after a two-game hiatus.
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)- The first new game since Super Star to feature Meta Knight, he was nowhere to be found in the Dark Matter Trilogy, and this game doesn't have King Dedede for the very first time. It stuck, with the exception of Master and Smash, to Copy Abilities with 1 move. It had a Metroid-esque open world with treasure chests scattered about. I'd say the world was kinda random and aimless as I navigated it in the hunt for the bosses to restore the Amazing Mirror. It featured co-op via GBA Link Cables.
  • Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS)- The first game to bring back complex Copy Abilities. It's easy even for a Kirby game, and a bit unoriginal, but I personally like it.
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra- The DS port of the SNES classic, with a few extra modes tossed in. First game with a True Arena.
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)- A game that wasn't originally going to be a Kirby game, but turned into one anyhow. It's impossible to die in it, and it has a neat aesthetic.

After this comes Return to Dream Land, and you should know the rest.

If Kirby got a second game on the Switch that didn't play very differently from Star Allies, we'd have 5 similar games in row. I love the Super Star format, but it needs to be spaced to stay fresh. Maybe Planet Robobot after Triple Deluxe was just too much Kirby for me, the 3DS didn't need two of them. Mario stays limited to 1, 2 at most with SMG, 3D collectathon platformers per generation. Kirby should follow suit, or try a reinvention like Breath of the Wild.

As for Kirby spinoffs, with only the worthy titles being bolded.:

Spoiler
  • Kirby's Pinball Land (GB released same year as Adventure)
  • Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)- A fantasy golf game with Kirby as the ball.
  • Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)- Never released in Japan. It's merely Puyo Pop repackaged with Kirby characters to be less wacky, cute and girly and more palatable to Western audiences. Kirby talks a lot of smack, very unusual.
  • Kirby's Block Ball (GB, same year as Dream Land 2 and Avalanche)
  • Kirby's Star/Super Star Stacker (GB & SNES)- Two versions of an original Kirby falling block puzzle game. Super Star Stacker was Japan-only.
  • Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (GBC, same year as Kirby 64)- The cartridge had an accelerometer built into it, you moved Kirby by tilting the GBC.
  • Kirby Air Ride (GameCube, 2003)- Kirby's not too shabby (I'd like a sequel Nintendo!) attempt at a racing game. This, released one year after Nightmare in Dream Land, is the last Kirby game Masahiro Sakurai worked on. Its menu aesthetics and checkerboards of achievements with unlockables in it, were copied for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's City Trial Mode may have influenced SSB4DS's Smash run mode too.
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS)- This is usually considered mainline actually. Kirby is a rolling ball here, and you can draw path for them to travel/protect from enemy projectiles, tap them to dash/use Copy Abilities, and tap enemies to stun them over 7 worlds of 3 levels. It's an interesting and fun platformer from personal experience. It introduced the concept of Kirby final bosses after being defeated coming back in "Soul" form even stronger too.
  • Kirby Mass Attack- Kirby is broken into 10 pieces without Copy Abilities which you must guide via Stylus through all the levels, so it's slight bit of a puzzle-platformer. Unusually hard to 100% actually. 
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse- A sequel to Canvas Curse on the Wii U, not so original, it could used more effort, but the claymation aesthetic is pleasant.
  • Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, Kirby's Blowout Blast- Minigame modes from Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot sold and expanded as cheap digital 3DS games- not really high quality full games.
  • Kirby Battle Royale- An original, but still so-so 3DS Kirby spinoff. Another skip.

TL;DR For other Kirby games you could play, I recommend Super Star.

You can emulate the Dark Matter Trilogy and Amazing Mirror on the side, but they aren't the best Kirby games. For the Dark Matter Trilogy, get every Rainbow Drop/Heart Star/Crystal Shard before fighting the final boss, otherwise you miss on the true final boss and will get the bad ending. They're weird Kirby games in that they have these.

Reached the point of no return in Zero No Kiseki..... although it's not even the final chapter yet.

I set myself a cliffhanger - will find out tomorrow what's going on.

I'm really excited although a bit scared at the same time...

Hopefully I will finish it in this "free" week.

My first game was Kirby's Dreamland for the Gameboy........ 27 years ago.

Time flies...

This guy introduced me into gaming, that's why I still have a soft spot for him.

The games are still beatable even for people who are not good at platformers like myself.

Also received the hint that Kirby's Adventure exists for Switch.

Have to download the NES stuff then.

Edit: Random fun fact: The final boss of Kirby's Dreamland 2 is an arte in the Legend of Heroes series.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

""""""""S-supported""""""""""

Ara ara ma ma!

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also accurate.

This Jack character gives off the same Energy as Dubully lol

The memes are strong today, holy hell. XD

Quarantine effect xD

In an earlier character event in Jack Gets Bullied Nightmares (yes, I'm calling it that from now on), Cinderella tried to teach Snow White, Alice, and Gretel what "fashion" is and she summarized it as "being cute", which sparked a discussion between best girls 1 and 2 Gretel and Alice:

tumblr_pxx6hrbBBP1xfm8eno1_400.jpg

So thanks to some random European retailer, the full renders of the XenoblaDE Chronicles party members have leaked......in ass quality.

IMG_20200413_145249.jpg

Reyn's doing it to 'em. Meanwhile, Dunban is moving his right arm. That's bullshit, because he literally can't.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe Planet Robobot after Triple Deluxe was just too much Kirby for me, the 3DS didn't need two of them. Mario stays limited to 1, 2 at most with SMG, 3D collectathon platformers per generation.

You say that but the Wii had both Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland. In general, it seems each system has, at most, two mainline Kirby games. So the 3DS having Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot is on par for the course.

Granted, previously the two Kirby games in each system were different enough from each other while the 3DS ones are similar but that could be do to having the same developer. 

But I agree, it's time for Kirby to get a fresh new spin like Breath of the Wild and Odyssey did for Zelda and Mario respectively.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ara ara ma ma!

I mean, that face says a lot.

This Jack character gives off the same Energy as Dubully lol

He really does.

Though it's not all bad for him. He at least has Alice willing to take his side in arguments.

Also, I had a good laugh at "Dubully". XD
tfw the one getting bullied all the time is the most fun character out of the entire crappy organization. And yes, I do genuinely like Duvalie.

Quarantine effect xD

Even in times like these, there is loads of fun to be had. To be honest, that's not too bad a realization to have.

tumblr_pxx6hrbBBP1xfm8eno1_400.jpg

Wise words indeed.

Edited by DragonFlames

So after watching a review on it, I decided to get back into Shovel Knight now that it's finished. I already got it and finished Shovel of Hope back when it first released, but I haven't played it since Plague of Shadows released (which I haven't completed) so I haven't played the two most recent campaigns. But before doing them I decided to replay Shovel of Hope to get back into things, and having just finished it I can proudly say that I only died 151 times.

Reyn's doing it to 'em. Meanwhile, Dunban is moving his right arm. That's bullshit, because he literally can't.

Actually, one later cutscene has Dunban using both his arms to pour a cup of water, so it seems he can use his right arm but not very well. What does it say about me that I remembered this detail off the top of my head?

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, that face says a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUDhYnugAIg

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I had a good laugh at "Dubully". XD
tfw the one getting bullied all the time is the most fun character out of the entire crappy organization. And yes, I do genuinely like Duvalie.

hehe.

Even in Ao you bully her. Her boss fight was like, CS2 tier easy lmao. Easiest boss in the game by far lol

https://i.imgur.com/FoEVLaS.png

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wise words indeed.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9352c40c40b81a27cca7b6f27159f889/tumblr_pet2vyIZWy1qcrw61o1_400.png

serenes pls why aren't images showing

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I personally find Blueblanc to be the most fun character in Ouroborous. One of the best characters in the series period. He's so damn entertaining and his rivalry with Olivier is 👌

Also, I unironically look forward to the Phantom Thief quest in each Trails game.

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Actually, one later cutscene has Dunban using both his arms to pour a cup of water, so it seems he can use his right arm but not very well. What does it say about me that I remembered this detail off the top of my head?

I must forfeit my Xeno fan crown. I couldn't remember this little detail smh. I'm a fraud.

Ok jokes aside though, I thought Dunban's right arm was genuinely permanently paralyzed. 

Alright, made it to the year 900. For a game that ends on 1453... yeah, still got a long way to go.

Anyway, an interesting development over in the Byzantine Empire. Despite the Iconoclasts dominating for the last century, the Orthodox have been making a comeback. The Emperor is even Orthodox. Perhaps it's a matter of time before the Iconoclasts rise in revolt. At the same time, there is a minor Catholic presence (which I had a small hand in there, I'll admit). The county of Constantinople itself is majority Catholic, pft.

Thankfully, no more claimant adventurers. Looks like I'm done on that front.

My next conversion projects were Songhai and Novgorod. They went surprisingly fast.

At last, it finally happened. One of my previous player characters was canonized as a Saint. Although the resulting bloodline... left much to be desired. Outside a small monthly piety gain, its only other bonus is faster cultural conversion of counties. Which I suppose might come in handy, as the time finally came where the Visigoth people are evolving. That's right, that means the rise of Castilian and Catalan. The Visigoth culture can also turn Andalusian, but they need Sunni counties for that. I ain't let them that, pft. Also into Occitan; but that's over yonder in Aquitaine. On a similar front, the Suebi in northwest Hispania are also starting to turn Portuguese.

Hmm, with things as they are, I'm guessing Crusades won't unlock until the year 1000 or so I believe. 900 is the earliest they can unlock; but that trigger needs conditions like either of Byzantines, Rome, or France to stop being Catholic (or at least Christian, for Byzantium or if the heresies become the dominant doctrine; although only the Fraticelli have crusades too). Doubt that's going to happen. Ah well....

Edited by Acacia Sgt

hehe.

Even in Ao you bully her. Her boss fight was like, CS2 tier easy lmao. Easiest boss in the game by far lol

https://i.imgur.com/FoEVLaS.png

Chibi Duvalie...
I feel... something. I don't know what it is, but it's weird as hell.

Aneleace (why would they not just write it "Annelies"? It's clearly supposed to be) would get along well with Cinderella.
And then they'd both get logic'd by Gretel.

---

Speaking of which, Jack tried to be a sweet talker in an earlier event with Cinderella.
hwb1011.jpg
You already have Alice, you two-timin' bastard!

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I personally find Blueblanc to be the most fun character in Ouroborous. One of the best characters in the series period. He's so damn entertaining and his rivalry with Olivier is 👌

Also, I unironically look forward to the Phantom Thief quest in each Trails game.

Baron Blueball
It's a bit of a shame the first two Cold Steel games kinda... don't do much with him. So little that I didn't even remember he was an Ouroboros member in the first place.
He was pretty entertaining, though, I agree with you there.

"Phantom Thief" quest makes me think of Persona 5.
On that note, I heard Royal committed the ultimate sin of not having this be its standard battle theme anymore. For shame, Royal. For shame.

I must forfeit my Xeno fan crown. I couldn't remember this little detail smh. I'm a fraud.

Ring the sirens, we have a fraud over here. Sound the emergency alert! This is not a drill!
... What do you mean, the sirens weren't in our budget plan?

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I feel... something. I don't know what it is, but it's weird as hell.

inb4 i awakened something in you

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a bit of a shame the first two Cold Steel games kinda... don't do much with him. So little that I didn't even remember he was an Ouroboros member in the first place.

he was more relevant in Sky.

You even get to know his real name in Sky3rd

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
inb4 i awakened something in you

"YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!!"
I don't know what "this" is, though.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

he was more relevant in Sky.

Figures that Cold Steel would be the game to push that guy to the sidelines. *sigh*
Gotta waste more time on the evilbutnotreallybutyesbutno Osborne and wanking off to random NPCs I have zero attachment to, also Rean, instead of focusing on the few story parts and characters that are actually interesting.
F***ing hell, your hatred of CS is contagious. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Correction: you get to know a potential name. The thing with Blueblanc is that they never explicitly stated who he is and i hope it stays that way tbh.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Figures that Cold Steel would be the game to push that guy to the sidelines. *sigh*

To be fair, he isn't even in the Crossbell games. I mean yeah, the Phantom Thief quests are but Blueblanc doesn't actually show up (as in he doesn't show up in his iconic look, he just shows up as a generic NPC that he uses as a disguise).

But if you count those NPC disguises, then Blueblanc has the most appearances out of any Trails character. Second place is Olivier, which is only fitting.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

To be fair, he isn't even in the Crossbell games. I mean yeah, the Phantom Thief quests are but Blueblanc doesn't actually show up (as in he doesn't show up in his iconic look, he just shows up as a generic NPC that he uses as a disguise).

But if you count those NPC disguises, then Blueblanc has the most appearances out of any Trails character. Second place is Olivier, which is only fitting.

I'm just saying, CS could have done something better with him, but they wasted it.
Even just reading about him appearing in disguise is already far more interesting than what I remember of his appearances in warmongerland  Erebonia.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Correction: you get to know a potential name. The thing with Blueblanc is that they never explicitly stated who he is and i hope it stays that way tbh.

it gets confirmed in the quiz.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

tbf he already had his focus in Sky, so i wouldn't put that on CS.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

warmongerland

i will call it that from now on.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm just saying, CS could have done something better with him, but they wasted it.

I'd agree if it was another character. I'll be honest, i don't ask for much from Blueblanc, he's not really that deep. He's just there to have fun. You learn the most about him in Sky 3rd but as i've mentioned before, everything you do learn about him is simply a possibility and it's never 100% confirmed.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

it gets confirmed in the quiz.

Ohhhhhh.

See, i skipped out on all the Sun Doors in Sky 3rd. Mainly because the fishing one and the gambling one killed any interest in me doing them (well i do the shoot 'em up minigame for Josette's S-Craft).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ohhhhhh.

See, i skipped out on all the Sun Doors in Sky 3rd. Mainly because the fishing one and the gambling one killed any interest in me doing them (well i do the shoot 'em up minigame for Josette's S-Craft).

Fishing minigame is the true gameplay of Sky 3rd though xD

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

F***ing hell, your hatred of CS is contagious. XD

now you just need to play the older games and i shall welcome you to the rank of Elitists.

aka Sky Boomers, Kiseki Doomers, etc. xD

Edited by Shrimperor