• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

If you don't mind, i'd like to see them. I've seen gifs and clips of some of RD's animations but never compilations.

If you want them now, then here they are. The 2nd video uses a thumbnail of the final boss, who appears in both it and the 3rd video- if that matters at all to you. They ended the first video in the final battle's final strike too for a finishing flourish.:

Spoiler

First video is all the Crits of 1st and 2nd tier Beorc classes. Second video is some 3rd tier Beorc classes- Crits and Mastery skills. 3rd video the rest of the Beorc classes and all the Laguz Crits and Masteries.

They didn't have to do three videos, considering a lot them within a class type are redundant, but they insisted on being meticulous.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Alright, I said I would give my opinion on Future Connected, so here it is.

Spoiler

Storyline-wise. I figured I would start here first. This was where I was disappointed the most. The story just didn't grab my attention the way I expected it to, and not much really happened to give me any emotional feelings towards the characters. And oh my gosh, the text errors it had was really sad.

Gameplay. It was alright, taking out things like the skill trees that gave it depth in the first place didn't help it much. I was hoping to see some awesome new artes, I didn't get that at all, instead we got not Reyn and not Sharla. Unlike Torna, it didn't stand out enough from the original game to catch my attention. And I didn't like the Nopon crowding the screen, that was distracting and dumb.

The exploration: Alright, the world was really pretty, there's no doubt about that. I liked going around and seeing all the beautiful views (as always) so this was a big plus.

The music: Eh, this didn't really appeal to me, except the reused tracks, obviously. Not much to say there.

So all in all, I don't think it was as great as it could have been.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does it? I suppose, though that one certainly doesn't suit her, I'd think.

Though maybe it's because it's already the iconic outfit of someone else.

Lyn x Florina is glasscanon, so of course it does suit.

Edited by Falcom Knight

tfw you're about to face another epic boss battle, then a thunderstorm comes in and you have to stop. And you can't continue after it's over, because university lectures start in about half an hour and I don't know how long the fight and the cutscenes afterwards are going to be.
FTUGBzi.jpg

Can't wait to see what this thing can do. It looks epic as hell, at least.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

wait.. what? 

Is it a FGO thing

Apparently, yeah.
Though there is no character in that class yet from what I've seen on the wiki.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And then there's the best Saber of all

Saber-toothed tiger

XD

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>someone posts a design sheet of an adult looking Sothis

>Loli wars happen

Stay classy, FE fandom

642760488509505536.png?v=1

Wtf?

That Dorothea emoji is adorable, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

Pretty much each region of my country got thunderstorm, but mine. 😞

Not only that I need rain, but I also would like to catch some lightning barrages. Seriously I can't think of when the last severe thunderstorm happened. The desertification becomes more and more real.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Not much of a storm on the Frisian border, huh.

Ah, I get that feeling. Over here in my country, we also can have cases where there can be rains everywhere but where I live too.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you want them now, then here they are. The 2nd video uses a thumbnail of the final boss, who appears in both it and the 3rd video- if that matters at all to you. They ended the first video in the final battle's final strike too for a finishing flourish.:

Thanks for linking these.

Something i noticed, a lot of the animations here seem to lack weight. Like they look cool but they also feel a bit too fast. Not a big deal at all though, just a mild observation. Besides, God knows RD needs all the speed it can get.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, I said I would give my opinion on Future Connected, so here it is.

Reveal hidden contents

Storyline-wise. I figured I would start here first. This was where I was disappointed the most. The story just didn't grab my attention the way I expected it to, and not much really happened to give me any emotional feelings towards the characters. And oh my gosh, the text errors it had was really sad.

Gameplay. It was alright, taking out things like the skill trees that gave it depth in the first place didn't help it much. I was hoping to see some awesome new artes, I didn't get that at all, instead we got not Reyn and not Sharla. Unlike Torna, it didn't stand out enough from the original game to catch my attention. And I didn't like the Nopon crowding the screen, that was distracting and dumb.

The exploration: Alright, the world was really pretty, there's no doubt about that. I liked going around and seeing all the beautiful views (as always) so this was a big plus.

The music: Eh, this didn't really appeal to me, except the reused tracks, obviously. Not much to say there.

So all in all, I don't think it was as great as it could have been.

Spoiler

I definietly do think people need to temper their expectations for Future Connected. I think a lot of people are expecting it to be another Torna and it's very much not that.

I will say i didn't really mind the removal of the Skill Trees as i always thought they were kinda clunky, and this hasn't changed with DE. I prefer Xenoblade 2's Skill Trees in that you unlock the skills as you go, instead of being able to focus on only one path at a time. Affinity taking eons to raise in Xenoblade 1 is another reason why i didn't mind it's removal from Future Connected.

If i had to pick though, i think i prefer Future Connected's battle system marginally more than the main game. Union Strikes just felt way more reliable, even if they could only be extended a max of two times. Speaking of the Union Strikes, i felt that the Ponspectors were too small to really obscure my vision. And you could disable them following you outside of battle (which i did).

A shame you were disapointed overall. I'm personally satisfied with what i got. Especially impressed with me liking Nene and Kino as much as i did. They didn't get a whole lot of time but those Quiet Moments really fleshed them out.

My only real complaint with Future Connected is that Gaelgar is quite possibly the most pointless villain in the series. He's like Gort from Torna, except even Gort got proper closure.

Btw, did you notice that the Fog King is functionily a Gnosis from Xenosaga?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Can't wait to see what this thing can do. It looks epic as hell, at least.

So Blue Reflection has mecha in it too? Interesting, interesting.

Honestly, the remaster of An Obstacle in Our Path is probably my favorite normal boss theme in the series now.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So Blue Reflection has mecha in it too? Interesting, interesting.

I've not yet seen any playable ones, but some enemy designs definitely bring that to mind.
There was a thing that looks like a tank fused to a castle wall in an earlier boss fight, not to mention that weird angelic wheel thing I showed off before.
Enemy-design wise, this game combines the weird and awesome.
And fun fact: many enemies with human- or animal-like features lack heads. So many, in fact, that I can't help but feel that there's some kind of meaning behind it.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Wtf?

Never experienced a loli war before?

They're

493647301676630017.png?v=1

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will destroy the captcha.

I don't know why even users with old & active account have to solve them here sometimes.

They're annoying.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They're

Can't say I have. And perhaps it's better that way.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will destroy the captcha.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't know why even users with old & active account have to solve them here sometimes.

They're annoying.

So you guys have these, too?
I wonder why they only pop up sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The lolis and their fans must die a heretic's death. Seriously, they have no place in FE or any medium, period.

588.png

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The lolis and their fans must die a heretic's death. Seriously, they have no place in FE or any medium, period.

That's one sure way to start a loli war

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

wonder why they only pop up sometimes

I usually get them when trying to edit my CYOA Thread

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I usually get them when trying to edit my CYOA Thread

And I tend to get them when I make longer posts. Though they tend to pop up at random, too.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why is this emoji so darn funny to me?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have it happen when I go to change my sig.

Same here

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Why is this emoji so darn funny to me?

3766_Smug_sip.png