Rate the Unit, Day 15: Florina

Kngt_Of_Titania

Oh. So basically it comes down to play style and an early unit like Florina doesn't get the opportunity to level up since she's busy cutting turn counts like crazy so obviously her offense will be lackluster/abysmal because she'll still be a level 1 Pegasus Knight...?

Any who... You do get an Energy Ring and Angelic Robe in Lyn's mode. If you're planning on using her she would great use of them as would everyone else but that's beside the point.

I have been able to use her effectively for low turncounts in drafts while training her. It doesnt interfere that much in her training.

I give her a 9.

I have been able to use her effectively for low turn counts in drafts while training her. It doesn't interfere that much in her training.

I give her a 9.

I figured as much...

Oh ya.

I give her a 9/10.

I'd rate higher but yeah...

Oh. So basically it comes down to play style and an early unit like Florina doesn't get the opportunity to level up since she's busy cutting turn counts like crazy so obviously her offense will be lackluster/abysmal because she'll still be a level 1 Pegasus Knight...?

Yeah pretty much. I'm not deny that her combat can be good if trained since I have done so in the past. I'd rather just have her fly around and carry hector to seize points. After all, I personally gave her an 8.7 which is a great score. I just feel like her flying rescue is far more important and can't be replicated by anyone until Fiora shows up, while there are plenty of units that doesn't need the actual effort of training to be good at fighting, like Marcus, or those who needs effort but takes less of it to become good at fighting due to better bases and such. Florina's job, for me, is to get those guys to the front faster if she's not taking Hector to thrones.

Or would be if I didn't dislike her character so much and replace her with Fiora on join. Even so there's still that period where Fiora doesn't exist so I'll have to put up with her.

9.25, and not just because I have the hots for her.

Nothing that hasn't been said.

However, her mad spd growth, coupled with a slim lance (ick) allows her at least survive while shuffling Promoted hector around. Give her the robe in lhm, and get a much more durable ferry.

Edited by Elieson

I'm biased for Pegasi and they all get a 10/10 from me ;w; but biasedness aside I don't play effiency too much but I do try to and Florina or any other flier is very important since only warp staves or other fliers can help traverse units across mountains and bodies of water. She arrives early game and her combat is good by my style of play so 9.5/10

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Now this seems really biased against her, but 5/10.

Combat sucks and generally using a frail flier sucks. Contributions to LHM are NOT COUNTED IN HHM. They're two different modes altogether. She will forever suck at combat, so exp invested in her goes to waste. In HHM she's horrible- she has use in her joining chapter but after that, doesn't really have much use until the pirate ship chapte(where her combat probably sucks anyways even if she can reach enemies) She's required to get Fiora, and once you get her, Florina's almost obsolete. Maybe some use in chapters like the Linus chapter and the chapter with snow where you may like two fliers. Otherwise Fiora easily replaces her. >.< Plus I hate her personality.

Now this seems really biased against her, but 5/10.

Combat sucks and generally using a frail flier sucks. Contributions to LHM are NOT COUNTED IN HHM. They're two different modes altogether. She will forever suck at combat, so exp invested in her goes to waste. In HHM she's horrible- she has use in her joining chapter but after that, doesn't really have much use until the pirate ship chapte(where her combat probably sucks anyways even if she can reach enemies) She's required to get Fiora, and once you get her, Florina's almost obsolete. Maybe some use in chapters like the Linus chapter and the chapter with snow where you may like two fliers. Otherwise Fiora easily replaces her. >.< Plus I hate her personality.

Sounds somewhat like my reasons for giving Lowen a 5/10.

At any rate, I give her a 8/10.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Err...

She's a flyer and she ferries people; and shaves off turns. Combat ranges from bad to average in my books and thankfully unlike the Archers; she can 2-range stuff with Javelins. Oh, and at least she comes waaaay earlier than Fiora. Did I forgot to mention that fast Lyn support? Although the problem is Lyn keeping up.... Hence I shall give her...

7.5, most of this was based on ferrying people for like the majority of the game.

I havent been able to get on lately, but now that i am here ive been waiting for this particular thread. (so excuse the late reply)

Flodawg. Shes great. When you first get her though....she looks (and is) pretty damn frail. She will die if an archer even looks at her. Axes spell pretty bad news for her too. So shes not gonna be getting any boss kills for a while. (in Lyn mode) But mages and mercenaries are gonna die in Flo's presence. Shes got pretty good accuracy too. Plus she flies. She can carry the fattest of your units to places were they can open a can of whoop ass. Get some levels under her belt, shes gonna open a can of whoop ass too. Ive never had an issue with Florina's combat. Ever. I use her all the time so i know how she is on average. Sadly her strength and defense lack a bit, so getting there takes a little patience. When fielded with her sisters, shit gets ridiculous. (i usually use all three of them at once.) Triangle attack may seem useless to some but can be pretty great for those really stubborn bosses. (Lloyd and Sonia come to mind.) Strength issues can be fixed just with that there Energy Ring in Lyn Mode if you arent aiming for funds rank. (even if you are, its not that huge of a hit....)

Pros:

Flies.

Great speed.

High accuracy/hit.

Rescue drop madness.

Fast supports.

Triangle attack can happen.

Cons:

Strength can be pretty low.

Defense is never high.

No Lyn Mode = D: for combat.

8/10. (Personal bias 10/10. I fucking love Florina. LOVE!!!)