~*The Comprehensive Fire Emblem 7 Errors Topic*~

Geriba

Not to be a dick, but just laying out some ground rules: we're not going to be talking about the supposed "plot holes" of FE7 here, especially in light of that topic. Without question the single worst thing to come out of Serenes Forest. All reference to such issues will be marked for off-topic posting.

Oh, maybe it's just the top left then?

Strangely, it doesn't occur there either. Maybe it's a chapter-related deal?

Edited by God Brady

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh.....

...sorry.

Anyway, there's a list of localization issues here on the site right? Maybe IS will fix them if they remake FE7+6.

Also, I think it was "Maruk" instead of "Makar". Both wrong but y'know, just wanna correct that.

Eliwood's regular portrait has a bunch of transparent pixels on his body.

I seem to recall there's a Myrmidon with a Horseslayer or other lance in Jerme's chapter (I forgot which mode).

Not sure if the next two count. Maybe IS did these on purpose?

Limstella uses her own Sage class on Normal mode and the regular Sage class on Hard mode. This ironically makes her slightly easier on Hard mode.

Fargus and Maxime get treated as generic enemies (instead of fixed enemies, like every other boss) in EHM and HHM respectively, causing them to gain a crazy boost in stats.

The Cowadooty augury (inb4 lol auguries) refers to the boss's sword as a Runesword. That's correct... in the JP version. Instead, we have to put up with a Light Brand. And an Iron Rune. Lucky Japanese...

Also if the fire dragon dies during the enemy phase, its map death animation doesn't play (doesn't disintegrate like it normally should) and stays on the map.

Edited by Baby Bonnie Hood

During the game Hector's hometown is called both Ositia and Ostia... Both around 50% of the time.

Having played the game through dozens of times, I'm not sure I buy this one. I certainly don't remember it happening once, let alone half the time. Sure it's not the PAL release?

Nope. I was playing HHM at the time. No supports or anything besides a HectorEliwood C

Really? Huh. I dont recall that happening before i played on the rom though. Weirdness.

Don't forget, in the Eliwood mode only level with the Berseker, Georg. When a unit finishes an action on a fire tire, and has movement left over, it can perform a console style re-move

I dont think thats a glitch.

Florina's Pegasus with the double names (Dewey/Makar). Can't remember what chapters/support convos they come up in though.

Huey and Makar. Yeah. Weirdness. In HectorxFlorina support, she calls him Huey but in others, she calls him Makar. Weirdness.

I actually did activate a canto glitch somewhere. I wish i could remember where. I think it might have been a Kishuna chapter though. It may have been Genesis....

In Pale Flower of Darkness (Jerme version) I have seen a myrmidon carrying a horseslayer and no other weapon. Not sure if it's confined to certain modes/difficulties.

How so? All mounted units (who get deployed there) can do it. It feels so deliberate.

It's not intentionally deliberate, as in intended. However, it's "normalcy" is probably an unintended side effect of some other code involving unit movement. It's just an oversight--a very repeatable one. That might be where you're seeing the deliberateness--it wasn't coded to work this way--but it's very easy for the oversight to happen in controlled circumstances. It just "happens."

Speaking of Florina's pegasus ... is it male or female? She calls the pegasus female in some cases (supports with Nino and Ninian, in her first appearance) and male as others (chapter 16, supports with Hector). It's ... kind of frustrating. In Ninian's support, she says something like, "at first, this sweet mare and I were so afraid of each other ..." while in Hector's support "Huey" grabs Hector by the teeth and drags him off?

It's not intentionally deliberate, as in intended. However, it's "normalcy" is probably an unintended side effect of some other code involving unit movement. It's just an oversight--a very repeatable one. That might be where you're seeing the deliberateness--it wasn't coded to work this way--but it's very easy for the oversight to happen in controlled circumstances. It just "happens."

I see. How very strange indeed. I dont recall ever playing that chapter and not being able to canto move after attacking with a mounted unit. Weirdness.

Florina's pegasus sounds like its a bit fat localization problem. (or she has two different ones. loooolz)

I once read a fanfic where Florina DID have two different pegasus (pegasi?). However, even if she did have a pegasus named Huey and another one named Makar, it doesn't solve the pegasus' gender problem, since both Huey and Makar have been referred to as male. Where's she getting this mare? Or maybe Florina doesn't really know what gender her pegasus is?

In Value of Life, the dark terrain is referred to as "Sky". Makes me wonder if the map was a recycle of another map (maybe a tower?) from an earlier game, like how the top floor of the Tower in FE8 is kinda similar to the 16x map of FE6.

Khathelet and Kathelet, however, is in the actual game.

Yeah, the text becomes "Khathelet" when the place shows up on the world map. Guess someone forgot to edit the world map.

So you think the game designers intentionally programmed in console-canto for one tile type in one chapter?

Haven't you seen the desert chapter?

Edited by Refa

In Value of Life, the dark terrain is referred to as "Sky". Makes me wonder if the map was a recycle of another map (maybe a tower?) from an earlier game, like how the top floor of the Tower in FE8 is kinda similar to the 16x map of FE6.

It's "sora" in the Japanese version, which can mean "space" or "sky". Presumably it should have been the former.

Speaking of Florina's pegasus ... is it male or female? She calls the pegasus female in some cases (supports with Nino and Ninian, in her first appearance) and male as others (chapter 16, supports with Hector). It's ... kind of frustrating. In Ninian's support, she says something like, "at first, this sweet mare and I were so afraid of each other ..." while in Hector's support "Huey" grabs Hector by the teeth and drags him off?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it's referred to by gender. Florina usually refers to it as "konoko", which means "this child". I dunno if that phrase is used for a particular gender more or something like that though.

Hmm ... I just finished that Genesis chapter, but I didn't run into that glitch (was also using Rath). So ... if you knock down a cracked wall, and then attack an enemy with a mounted unit from the space that the wall used to be in, then the unit will move again?

Possibly related to PWASE (Panels Which Affect Something Else) which triggers that glitch in FE8. iirc you can also re-move from spaces where a snag used to be.

Edited by Mekkah