hi dad, hi mum

Jaybee

;u; That's good. It's so hard getting parents to understand this kind of thing sometimes. I wish you the best of luck, Joshy. <3

Edit: Wow, I'm so derp when it's 6 AM in the morning. No more posting on SF when I'm groggy.

Edited by Sona Buvelle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear that things are getting better. I wish there was more I could do to help, but it sounds like you have enough people lining up to adopt you.

Good to hear~! Do your best!!

Now, for that one person who is in Idunnowhatland. . .

There is a huge difference between "lazy" and "tries damn hard and still isn't where his parents want him". Assuming the former is the PERFECT way to get your kid to resent you.

White Knighting

Didn't read.

I'm quite proud someone actually took the time to type out that much for me though. Love you, Sona <3

Edited by Iced

White knighting? God, Iced, how fucking dense can you get

You know nothing of Joshie's background

you don't talk to him on a regular basis

and now you're spewing bullshit assumptions based on your own sheltered-ass life

GET OUT

@ Joshie: Yay for things getting better ; u;

@ Waifu: Hey if Evan doesn't agree either we could adopt him together as WIFE AND WIFE also <3 you too~

Edited by Luminescent Blade

White knighting? God, Iced, how fucking dense can you get

lolwhiteknighting

I'm pretty sure he couldn't be assed to read an argument backed by facts from personal experience and went the asshole route. Apparently providing defense for a friend whose moral character was attacked by an idiot while I don't need to look good to others on a forum where I'm relatively well-liked regardless is white knighting. :awesome: Too bad that was improper use of the word, since I'm not looking to get laid as I have a dashing boyfriend to sleep with already. <3

For more information on white knights, go here.

You know nothing of Joshie's background

you don't talk to him on a regular basis

and now you're spewing bullshit assumptions based on your own sheltered-ass life

GET OUT

Seconded. If you haven't already guessed, he's a Singaporean kid who tries hard in school and has dumb Asian parents. He's actually quite smart.

@ Waifu: Hey if Evan doesn't agree either we could adopt him together as WIFE AND WIFE also <3 you too~

Of course we can. <3 Much much much much <3

Edited by Sona Buvelle

Not sure if family therapy and such is easy to find in Singapore

Joshie I'm willing to rent my other room to you and you can apply for refugee sta---

You can't apply for refugee status just because your parents are dicks. You actually have to face persecution under the basis of race or social group.

oh my god

I'm 18

you're underage

I dunno about the US but you have to be 21 to adopt in the UK.

Well that part I wasn't being entirely serious about. Refugee status, that is. Although I myself had it at one point.

Dunno much about US adoption laws, really, I should read up on them. But when I'm 21, Joshie will still be 17 aka underage.

...score?

Didn't read.

I'm quite proud someone actually took the time to type out that much for me though. Love you, Sona <3

I'd link you to ED, but I'd get warned for it. That's hardly white knighting; she's not just blindly defending some piece of shit like actual white knights do

really you're just a sheltered kid, get some life experience before you talk about this kind of stuff :/

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Well that part I wasn't being entirely serious about. Refugee status, that is. Although I myself had it at one point.

Dunno much about US adoption laws, really, I should read up on them. But when I'm 21, Joshie will still be 17 aka underage.

It probably varies from state to state and from agency to agency.

Yeah, probably.

Sona and I go to the same school in NYS anyway so...

Time to look shit up

So I looked this shit up and

It just said adult unmarried person or adult husband + adult wife

with some restrictions and shit on adult+minor marriages since the marriageable age is like 16 or something but that's irrelevant

So

I'm an adult, Sona's an adult, one of us can legally adopt him and we can both pay for his shit or something

Yes/Yes @ Waifu

lumi/anna/eclipse/guys i wub you all ;~;

Things are getting better, at least. They kind of understood that the first term is the shitty term for everyone, so... :x

My name is actually not "guys".

Really sorry to hear about all this shit dude, I've gone through something like that with my Dad

Step-Dad was the greatest person ever in my mind then it turned out he was cheating on my Mom

Anyways, Lumi I hate to break it but even if the law says that you could adopt him, there's pretty much NO WAY that it would go through. While it would likely be the best option there's just no way that a court would let an unmarried 18 year old girl adopt a foreign kid.

I hate to be THAT guy, but I had to just point this out.

Anyways, Lumi I hate to break it but even if the law says that you could adopt him, there's pretty much NO WAY that it would go through. While it would likely be the best option there's just no way that a court would let an unmarried 18 year old girl adopt a foreign kid.

I hate to be THAT guy, but I had to just point this out.

That's fine, I'll convince my boyfriend into a shotgun wedding and we'll get him safe somehow!

(Sheltered white fucktard spewing hate over something he knows fuck-all about)

Didn't read.

Back to important matters... I hope the situation gets better for you soon.

Edited by Furetchen

To be fair, I think you guys are going a little bit overboard on the Iced hate. He basically admitted he had spoken too soon and didn't know enough about it, and he only pulled the white knighting shit after people kept going at him. Beyond that, when people say "I know him personally" at the start of a statement, I can see how he might assume it was white knighting. And again, his original posts were probably based on his experiences, and if he's white then they're totally legitimate, so honestly his only real problem was assuming his experiences were typical of the world, which is totally fine considering he backed down almost immediately after being told this.

So yeah.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

I find it ridiculous that he assumes a post to be white knighting when he doesn't even read the post.

Kid makes too many assumptions.

It was an unwarranted assumption, I agree, but it was at least understandable. I tend to dislike personal anecdotes and what not as well.