How sexist and racist are you?

FabledTome

I have to admit I am rather both due to experience, and not a bit ashamed of that fact. I am ashamed, however, because I want to face reality; not hide from it like so many overpaid or regular types I consider beneath me.

What is the easiest thing for me to feel negative about in the world? Women of mixed origin, especially MULATTOS or results from breeding with a person of, say, Third World-ish ancestry.

My daily lifestyle AND the popular media seems to bear out to me there are more lowlifes/deadbeats/suckups/phonies/etc. of that origin than the average race department (all the more worse if they're overpaid), and it's really gotten to me. It makes me all too ashamed since *I* am of mixed origin, and any representation that's cool by me may as well be non-existent.

There are exceptions like Jennifer Lopez (no, seriously) who seem to know something about the meaning of work ethic and professionalism, for example. That's what resonates with me. That she has looks is merely a bonus. Exceptions like Lopez are those I don't consider below me for a second. But they are all too few and all too far between. And even she's imperfect enough to get divorced this year, which kind of lowers her somewhat in my esteem (considering who her new supposed object of affection is). I guess it's all kind of easy to have mixed feelings about - or who am I kidding? it's laughably simple - because there happen to be silly fucks like Britney Spears out there who say they idolize Lopez and haven't a clue how to channel their idol at all. The big picture sails completely over their heads, and that's why nobody really cares about them or their careers. Mixed feelings I tell you, and it's not even close to Lopez's fault.

Edited by FabledTome

I never judge a person based on their race or gender. An individual's actions should be what people judge them on (and are what I judge them on); they have no control over the sex and race they were born with (without extensive surgery, but who has the money for that these days?)

Edited by seph1212

Eh, I'm pretty sure you do. Not that it's a bad thing.

No, I'm pretty sure I don't. I don't appreciate your disingenuous assertion either. If I see a black person, until I see them commit some sort of heinous act, I will not consider them any less than anyone else. The same goes for a chinese person, a white person, an indian person; anyone. I'm sorry if your standards aren't to par with mine.

posting for someone else without them asking

[19:51:59] ??? I wish I could tell him "You are human waste" without getting warned or my post deleted

No, I'm pretty sure I don't. I don't appreciate your disingenuous assertion either. If I see a black person, until I see them commit some sort of heinous act, I will not consider them any less than anyone else. The same goes for a chinese person, a white person, an indian person; anyone. I'm sorry if your standards aren't to par with mine.

I don't mean it in a negative aspect really but the way we judge others is all kinds of weird.

I didn't mean to offend.

posting for someone else without them asking

[19:51:59] ??? I wish I could tell him "You are human waste" without getting warned or my post deleted

CPP?

CPP?

you know he isn't the only member of the forum who also goes on irc and isn't ass backwards

in fact I'm pretty sure we don't let anyone ass backwards on irc

I don't mean it in a negative aspect really but the way we judge others is all kinds of weird.

I didn't mean to offend.

Well maybe that's how your mind works. Don't assume everyone's mind works the same way. For example, my mind works in terms of mathematics half the time. I'm pretty sure not many people wants to ever deal with the amount of mathematical logic that goes on in my head.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I didn't mean to offend.

Well it sort of comes with being pansexual; gender and race aren't a thing to me. To be honest I wish there weren't any societal gender or race constructs and that we could live in a perfectly equal world.

And yes I know subconscious blah blah blah but if there really is something in my subconscious I have no control over that. I do know that I consciously make the effort to not judge people like that.

Well it sort of comes with being pansexual; gender and race aren't a thing to me. To be honest I wish there weren't any societal gender or race constructs and that we could live in a perfectly equal world.

And yes I know subconscious blah blah blah but if there really is something in my subconscious I have no control over that. I do know that I consciously make the effort to not judge people like that.

Gotcha.

I do the same in the not judging people thing though.

Geez, I really shouldn't try to be such a smartass about these things.

To be honest I wish there weren't any societal gender or race constructs and that we could live in a perfectly equal world.

Practicing your Miss Universe Canada speech I see.

Anyway, I have no issue with race or sex. But there sure are a whole lot of people out there I'd refuse to be associated with in any sort of personal way :P.

My daily lifestyle AND the popular media seems to bear out to me there are more lowlifes/deadbeats/suckups/phonies/etc. of that origin than the average race department (all the more worse if they're overpaid), and it's really gotten to me. It makes me all too ashamed since *I* am of mixed origin, and any representation that's cool by me may as well be non-existent.

This statement shows me something: You're fucking terrible. Being a racist is being actively ignorant. If you honestly believe there's something about being a specific race that inclines you towards negative attributes, you should actually try to find some sort of evidence that there is. Basing opinions like this off of your "lifestyle" and "popular media" is the worst form of reasoning I could possibly think of.

Practicing your Miss Universe Canada speech I see.

Anyway, I have no issue with race or sex. But there sure are a whole lot of people out there I'd refuse to be associated with in any sort of personal way :P.

No I mean it. Commercials, clothing, shops, products; anything that's biased towards gender or race sort of entirely sucks.

And I know it'll never happen but it'd be great if we didn't have gender and race "norms" in society :<

And yes, there are a lot of people that I want to stay away from.

Trent, I was teasing you. *fish slap*

I know that, FRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIT >:P

But this isn't FFtF so I felt like giving you a serious response~

*owlslap*

Edited by seph1212

Not at all, really. I really wish I could expand on this, but it's not possible. Everyone is human to me, regardless of sex and race.

This statement shows me something: You're fucking terrible. Being a racist is being actively ignorant. If you honestly believe there's something about being a specific race that inclines you towards negative attributes, you should actually try to find some sort of evidence that there is. Basing opinions like this off of your "lifestyle" and "popular media" is the worst form of reasoning I could possibly think of.

The problem with this line of reasoning is it's drawing from the old "Personal Experience Means Nothing!" well.

When the fact is, personal experience is all I see I can possibly consult in this matter. Or are you saying mine is too "sheltered" a viewpoint? If so, that's hilarious. I can only involve myself with or peer into the opposite gender of a particular mixed race so much. The outside world isn't that welcoming to begin with. If grains of objectivity find their way into my daily, growing observations from who mugged some hotel-dwelling tourist or who is clearly undeserving of a speaking role in a subtitled movie or something else, then so be it. There's no lecture halls or in-detail text to access here with regard to this societal topic. None easily or very publicly accessible, that's for sure.

There's no need to project your inability to harbor any prejudices/negative biases, or how unintelligent/morally wrong you think such a practice is onto me. I have already noted I am not so close-minded as to discount exceptions to what I believe to be a standard, so even my racism/sexism has limits. I don't know what you're on about.

BTW, I don't consider a shitty upbringing or a shitty family or a shitty love life to be any excuse for your public/professional conduct, or lack thereof. You keep that baggage nonsense in private or a psychiatric office, more or less, you don't bring it elsewhere if you're only going to make it detrimental and unconstructive to an exchange. When life deals you lemons, you should man up and learn to make lemonade, regardless of gender. I stopped living with my parents long ago, and am all the happier for it. Contemporary society is still in something of a crisis from my POV. We're supposed to be fucking grownups here, and it's about time more people decided to behave accordingly, and not like robots either. As much as humanly possible.