New DLC content revealed for May 24th, 2012

You're so ridiculous sometimes, Serlis.

Maybe you should run for office? Shameless self-contradiction for the sake of disagreement is a requirement for that profession. You've got that qualification nailed down :P:.

He just said what the reason was for the decision. He never said it was a good reason.

In other news, FE DLC art is still sucking. I would much rather have a Spotpass Celice than a DLC one, even beyond the level of having to pay for DLC.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the new Celice artwork combines the features of both Sigurd and Diadora.

Hector is probably going to be the FE7 representative if it only gets one.

Why Hector?I know he's better and all ,but is there any other reason to it?

I always thought Eliwood is the canon main lord of fe7 which is why hectors mode is an extra mode.

Edited by Velth

Because Eliwood is yet another sword lord and that's boring.

Or at least that's my take on it anyway. I don't mind if all three shows up from FE7.

As long as Sigurd shows up with good art and not in a toilet

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I know Eliwood is just the boring sword lord(and member of the crappy sword lord club too)but I am under the impression that the story in fe7 revolves mainly around him that's why I asked what makes Hector a more likely candidate if only one lord from fe7 is chosen cause I am pretty sure the devs don't see their characters the same way we do.

But since even Elincia has dlc I am sure we'll see all three of them eventually.

Also the paladin(Sigurds most likely class in dlc) doesn't have a toilet on it like the cavs and since they make the art by fitting the character into the class it'll be rather nice.

Edited by Velth

In other news, FE DLC art is still sucking. I would much rather have a Spotpass Celice than a DLC one, even beyond the level of having to pay for DLC.

We're going to get SpotPass Celice anyway, so where's the problem?

Hector is probably going to be the FE7 representative if it only gets one.

Elincia is a concrete demonstration that they're not going for one representative per game. That and Cellica's likelihood of getting in. With that in mind, even if my two-per-game theory is off, there's no way they'd go for just one from FE7, and certainly not someone so insignificant.

---

Edit: Rethinking things, I'm having serious doubts about my 20-character theory. If we look at the Dark team, it has the villain team plus others. Meanwhile, the Light team likely has DLC characters plus others, and the Spirit Talisman case was part of that Light team. We're seeing now that they aren't just using simple teams, since the Dark team had the Villain team but also a mix of characters from other teams.

Looking at things, I'm sure they'll round out Red vs. Blue and Light vs. Dark with another four characters. There are also four characters we can be certain will show up: Eliwood, Ike, Cellica, and Sigurd. Eliwood makes sense for the character to show up at the end of RvB 2, and Ike makes sense to show up at the end of RvB 3: it is Red vs. Blue, after all.

It may be that Light vs. Dark will be the final set, and this makes sense, as they don't have a whole lot of room to keep going. I mean, once you've fought off all the villains and all the heroes simultaneously, with some of the highest stats, best weapons, and best skills, what's next? So this would leave it at the end, with 12 DLC characters and 15-17 maps.

If there was another set of maps, I would expect to see Lyn, Eirika, and Sothe fit in somewhere (rounding out the NPCs in ST2 and LvD1), but I don't think the odds are in favor of this. What I'm certain of, though, is that Caeda, Dierdre, Julia, and Nanna do not match up to the importance of the characters released so far, and there's no longer strong evidence indicating their presence. Lillina is borderline, but the others are more likely to get in, I think.

Edited by Othin

We're going to get SpotPass Celice anyway, so where's the problem?

Elincia is a concrete demonstration that they're not going for one representative per game. That and Cellica's likelihood of getting in. With that in mind, even if my two-per-game theory is off, there's no way they'd go for just one from FE7, and certainly not someone so insignificant.

Hector is just as significant as Eliwood is, but much more popular among the fanbase. From a financial perspective, his DLC would probably sell better than Eliwood's.

I added some more theories to my previous post while you were posting.

Here's a question. Who is plausible to join at the end of RvB 2? Someone from Elibe, certainly, and Elibe is apparently red. Will it be Hector representing them? I'm guessing no. Regardless of the financial sense, Eliwood has appeared instead of Hector in the Spirit Talisman maps and in LvD 1, and in a week, he will be announced for RvB 2. Could Hector make some sense? Perhaps. Will he appear, especially instead of Eliwood? The odds say no.

Hector is just as significant as Eliwood is, but much more popular among the fanbase. From a financial perspective, his DLC would probably sell better than Eliwood's.

And yet Hector hasn't even appeared in any DLC stages so far, while Eliwood and Lyn have... I'm pretty sure Hector won't be appearing as DLC before them.

Who is plausible to join at the end of RvB 2? Someone from Elibe, certainly, and Elibe is apparently red. Will it be Hector representing them? I'm guessing no. Regardless of the financial sense, Eliwood has appeared instead of Hector in the Spirit Talisman maps and in LvD 1, and in a week, he will be announced for RvB 2. Could Hector make some sense? Perhaps. Will he appear, especially instead of Eliwood? The odds say no.

Well, if there's any kind of pattern so far, couldn't it be Lyn? King vs King 1 and 2 had two side-story protagonists joining up with only the final one breaking that pattern, so I think Elincia joining in Red vs Blue 1, means that Red vs Blue 2 would feature Lyn.

I mean, once you've fought off all the villains and all the heroes simultaneously, with some of the highest stats, best weapons, and best skills, what's next?

Well, they don't necessarily need to release just Light vs Darkness chapters from now on. We could get something else between those chapters. And, really, we are getting something else - going back to King vs King now. The next Red vs Blue likely will have the full Elibe line up (aside from extra vilalins), but there's still no scenario with the full FE8 line up. So I think a completely new scenario is still likely, which would be enough to cover three extra characters (maybe FE8 crew vs monsters? Wtih the maps where the FE8 crew are enemies adding characters from other games).

If they made a chapter like that, then the next DLC characters could be:

Red vs Blue 2 - Lyn

Red vs Blue 3 - Hector? Sothe?

Light vs Darkness 2 - Ike?

Light vs Darkness 3 - Sigurd?

Humans vs monsters 1 - Eirika

Humans vs monsters 2 - Celica

Humans vs monsters 3 - Eliwood

Edited by NeonZ

Well, if there's any kind of pattern so far, couldn't it be Lyn? King vs King 1 and 2 had two side-story protagonists joining up, so I think Elincia joining in Red vs Blue 1, means that Red vs Blue 2 would feature Lyn.

Certainly possible. Thinking about it, Lyn does make sense as getting in over Ike, and skipping Eliwood would make Sothe less lonely as the only ST male ignored for DLC, as well as helping gender balance.

Lyn's presence could also even thinks out as a boss. Consider what we've been seeing:

ST1: Fight Cellica, get Marth

ST2: Fight Marth, get Roy

ST3: Fight Ike, get Micaiah

KvK1: Fight Sigurd, get Leaf

KvK2: Fight Alm, get Alm

RvB1: Fight Micaiah, get Elincia

Aside from Camus, the bosses are other DLC characters. So who would be the bosses for RvB2 and RvB3? Roy and Eliwood? Sounds a bit redundant.

As for Camus, looking at it from this perspective, he in fact may be a DLC possibility. I was focusing on the ST cast previously, but that's just part of the Light team. If they were planning on releasing other characters that they couldn't put on the Light team, it makes sense that they wouldn't show up there.

Well, they don't necessarily need to release just Light vs Darkness chapters from now on. We could get something else between those chapters. And, really, we are getting something else - going back to King vs King now. The next Red vs Blue likely will have the full Elibe line up (aside from extra vilalins), but there's still no scenario with the full FE8 line up. So I think a completely new scenario is still likely, which would be enough to cover three extra characters (maybe FE8 crew vs monsters?, Then monsters vs FE8 + Gaiden crew and a third map with everyone teaming up against the player).

My point wasn't that they would just release LvD, but if we look at it: First they introduced ST, a 1-star map. They finished the set later, but in the meantime, they introduced KvK, a 2-star map, then RvB, a 3-star map, then LvD, a 4-star map. Each set seems to have two maps at that level and then one at a higher level, so LvD3 will be a 5-star map. So while it makes sense for them to finish KvK and RvB, what other actual sets might they do? They could drop down a level or keep going, and I'm not sure how much material they'd have left to work with if dropping down. so my main point was that it's unlikely for them to keep going with a 5-star vs. map above LvD.

As for FE8, its problem is being standalone. The earlier vs. maps pitted Archanea's three teams against Jugdral's three teams, and Elibe's two teams against Tellius's two. Magvel doesn't have a real counterpart like that, with Valencia being absorbed into Archanea.

---

Humans vs. monsters just doesn't sound that impressive after Light vs. Dark, heroes vs. the actual villains. Besides, we're already fighting monsters in the non-character maps. Seems to me we'll see something like this:

RvB2: Lyn

RvB3: Ike

LvD2: Cellica

LvD3: Sigurd

Edited by Othin

Well, he beat Hector in the official poll.

Give me Nino or give me death

Well, he beat Hector in the official poll.

Give me Nino or give me death

But they've already given you death in those recent DLC teams

Kindergarten team: Nino, Ross, Ewan, Amelia, Dew, Rhys, Fa, Tormod, Myrrh, Tina, Lugh and Chad

Well, let's see. If we try to fit everything together without redundancy:

Marth - Star Lord

Caeda - Pegasus Knight

Alm - Demon Fighter

Cellica - ???

Sigurd - Paladin

Dierdre - Sorcerer

Serlis - Swordmaster

Julia - Mage

Leaf - Trickster

Nanna - Troubadour

Roy - Mercenary

Lillina - Sage

Eliwood - Cavalier

Lyn - Myrmidon

Eirika - ???

Ephraim - Great Knight

Ike - Hero

Elincia - Falcon Knight

Micaiah - Dark Mage

Sothe - Thief

Assuming Cellica gets her own class, the only one who seems to have issues fitting is Eirika. The possibilities remaining are Bow Knight and Dark Knight for sword users that aren't Assassin - they're both possible as variants of her Great Lord class, but they sound really odd.

But what if Lyn would be an assassin? Then Eirika could be a myrmidon, it would fit right? It would be a little bit unfair that she didn't get a horse I guess, but Celice didn't either.

But what if Lyn would be an assassin? Then Eirika could be a myrmidon, it would fit right? It would be a little bit unfair that she didn't get a horse I guess, but Celice didn't either.

Look at the later discussions, now Othin isn't even sure about all those characters appearing. Aside from that, Lyn needs to be a myrmidon or swordmaster in order to wield her Sol Katti.

Humans vs. monsters just doesn't sound that impressive after Light vs. Dark, heroes vs. the actual villains. Besides, we're already fighting monsters in the non-character maps. Seems to me we'll see something like this:

Maybe if they included zombie dragons and/or a bunch of manaketes alongside the monsters? I know there are apparently no generic manaketes in the game so far, but it shouldn't be that hard to add them...

Edited by NeonZ

Look at the later discussions, now Othin isn't even sure about all those characters appearing. Aside from that, Lyn needs to be a myrmidon or swordmaste in order to wield her Sol Katti.

Oh sorry, for some weird reason I thought I was on the last page when posting that xD And the Sol Katti thing makes sense I guess...

Hm...I like where the current DLC theory is heading. For the Red vs Blue DLC, we're certain that we're getting someone from Elibe and Lyn is a good pick, especially if they aren't trying to grab Eliwood for the sake of him being Eliwood. After all, Lyn is the first Lord we encounter from FE7. If all the patterns and such line up, then as you guys pointed out the next few DLC characters we should be able to guess. The patterns for the the Vs DLC has been to switch which team you recruit a member from until the finale in which recruit the other teams leader (because you already have one of them). That puts Ike for RvB3 and leaves either Eliwood, Lyn, or Hector for RvB2.

I'd say for LvD it's a bit tougher to call who will show up. Perhaps we will get a playable villain? If so, that would certainly shake up most of our theories.

Hector is only more popular in the English speaking community, aka NA/Europe. Japan really likes characters like Eliwood iirc.

I'd say for LvD it's a bit tougher to call who will show up. Perhaps we will get a playable villain? If so, that would certainly shake up most of our theories.

Well, I'm certain we'll get Ike, Cellica, Sigurd, and either Lyn or Eliwood in some form, so it's not like they're going to replace them entirely. It's possible we might see a standalong 5-star map or something like that, where a 13th character could very well join: if so, I'd imagine it would be Camus due to his boss status in LvD1, and I'd imagine he'd join there instead of in LvD itself. It would be strange not to get a character from the Dark team in LvD, but the most likely place would be LvD1, where you actually fight the Dark team: aside from Marth and Ephraim, all DLC characters have been enemies in the map where they join.