The World of Fire Emblem (article)

Hmm. If Alm's legacy of Holy Kings of Valencia lasted for a thousand years, it ended right when Iris got its first Holy King. That can't be a coincidence.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm starting to think Awakening's timeline is actually an alternate dimension.

The game is telling the story of an alternate reality, where other alternate realities can be 'visited' (via DLC episodes). ...Which one is the real one?! (Uh, "the story of an alternate reality" just means it's not the same reality as the other games. Thus explaining the timeline discrepancies. Though maybe some of them are also alternate realities...) Ugh, BORING. It's no fun to have the excuse of "alternate reality" thrown in. Just when you think things are starting to fall into place, DENIED it's an alternate reality that has nothing to do with the others.

Oh this might explain the name issues also, mainly Gimle supposedly being Medius. Country names are a little more understandable, albeit not-so-understandable that every single one has a different name seemingly out of nowhere.

edit: TOTALLY NEED ONE OF THE NEXT FIRE EMBLEM GAMES TO CAUSE ALL THE REALITIES TO COLLIDE. Mess of paradoxes of epic proportions? Fire Emblem: Paradox of Realities

Edited by Tsamimi

I don't think Awakening is an Alternate reality in the sense that it negates the other games from linking up. After all, we have them referencing Marth directly, so there's that. What I do think is that Awakening is the start of some more prominent link between games in the series. The name discrepancies might serve to mask some of the more obvious clues as far as how the games link up.

edit: TOTALLY NEED ONE OF THE NEXT FIRE EMBLEM GAMES TO CAUSE ALL THE REALITIES TO COLLIDE. Mess of paradoxes of epic proportions? Fire Emblem: Paradox of Realities

This is that game, with the Other-World. It just keeps it out of the way of the story.

And yeah there's no reason to think this is alternate unless the timeline breaks completely, and we don't have evidence of that yet. We already sorted out Alm, after all. The real questions are Caeda and Ike and how they play into Paris's story.

I mentioned this to Othin before, but Holy King is a pretty generic title (besides Arum, Celice is also called the Holy King), so I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Arum straightaway. Although, it would be interesting if Arum's descendant was the first Holy King and the charismatic Pegasus Knight from Donny and Tiamo's support conversation was Marth's descendant.

I'm also with Tsamimi that Awakening might take place in an alternate reality, which would explain the sudden change in name of every single nation, amongst other minor things. Of course, this doesn't prevent the games from being linked, but it would make the link slightly more surreal.

Case in point, when a certain somebody summons the 20 heroes, she says how they've come from 10 different worlds. However the heroes include people like Sigurd and Celice, who *are* in the same world under normal consideration, but it seems Awakening treats Sigurd and Celice as coming from different realities, probably because of the time difference. Slightly less certain...

I think that somebody, Inverse, might have come from the failed timeline. Which, if true, means the Other World can access and be accessed from other realities. Which, I guess makes complete sense, given the heroes being pulled from other worlds.

Edited by VincentASM

Unrelated to the main topic, but after reading VincentASM's post, I wonder if there are any chances of a set of DLC maps that take Krom's present party to the world conquered by Gimle?

Nintendo already stated that the DLC wouldn't be required for the main story, which I interpreted as not being linked to the main story as well. I'm assuming Nintendo didn't want a situation where, for example, players who paid for the DLC got to know the full lore behind Gimle, while those without DLC are left in the dark.

I have my doubts, but I'm hoping the final SpotPass sidequest, which isn't tied to cash, will shed some light on Awakening's backstory.

Is there any chance of more spotpass gaidens after the secret characters?

You never know, but signs are pointing to not

The official guidebook lists locations for 6 SpotPass sidequests from the beginning and data on 5 characters recruited from them, so I'm guessing they were able to access information directly from Nintendo (but were told to withhold info on Paris).

Edited by VincentASM

This is an awesome article, buddy, and I really like it. It's like a little summary of all the thoughts regarding connections between the game, and even some speculation. Nice job, it was a great read. ^_^

More on Alm from yesterday: He did have a holy marking on his arm, too. It was cross-shaped though. It meant he was destined to save Barnesia.

I'll have to check out the Holy Blood marks from Seisen that matches this, and see what happens.

Is there an exact marking image, though? Well, my bets are down on either Odo or Hezul. Baldo doesn't seem very regal enough to merit Alm as its descendant, but as Celice became the new ruler of Grandbell, everything should be okay.

I'll look, but I'm not sure if there is. It was revealed in the plot, but it was an NES game. Most artwork found of him is fully armored. With those factors, and my unused fact-digging skills, I have no idea if we'll find it.

Edit: The only Holy blood symbols I see that correspond to that description are Naga and Loptous.

Edited by Only My Unit

Given just who Alm is revealed to be, I wouldn't be surprised if the Holy Marking came from Doma in all honesty.

Who is he revealed to be?

This is that game, with the Other-World. It just keeps it out of the way of the story.

And yeah there's no reason to think this is alternate unless the timeline breaks completely, and we don't have evidence of that yet. We already sorted out Alm, after all. The real questions are Caeda and Ike and how they play into Paris's story.

But... I meant the different realities literally collide and mush into one big mess. Meaning the game's story would be about the newly created reality. Well, regardless, it's just a thought I have.

People have to realize, these different dimensions/realities could be very similar to each other, not only dissimilar. If Awakening is an alternate reality, some things would be the same but others wouldn't be the same. Perhaps Marth's tale was actually a thousand years later in this reality? Just because the description of the pegasus rider fits Sheeda so well. Of course, this particular example isn't so believable because of what Tiki says. But who knows, maybe Tiki was brought/sent to a different reality.. Or maybe Awakening is already converging on the combined realities. ._. A thousand years ago, the "First Holy King of Iris" is actually Ike, somehow! Which is just weird because the Great Flood happened 800 some years before Ike's tale. Alternate reality solution: the Great Flood happened at a different time. ...Stupid alternate realities; too many things can be different.

...Just saying. Speculation. Even though I'm rather adamant about it being a possibility, I really hope Awakening isn't actually an alternate reality/dimension.

Oh, would it be safe to speculate that Emyuu is related to Diadora? (Emyuu = MU, my pet-name for any and all "My Unit"'s)

More on Alm from yesterday: He did have a holy marking on his arm, too. It was cross-shaped though. It meant he was destined to save Barnesia.

Are we sure it isn't just a normal birth mark? Zeke just calls it a birthmark and there's a completely different word for "holy marking".

As for his destiny of saving Barensia, I always figured it was more about his identity than his mark or special powers (which I don't recall him having any); it's because he's the prince that he can unite the continent. Then again, he does get to use the Falchion exclusively.

Edited by VincentASM