Fiona is terrible

Proof: A conversation in the Dawn Brigade in 1-7.

Sothe: Man that was tough. We had to save Fiona's dumb ass across the whole map. It's kinda hard to do that when she got one rounded by everything.

Nolan: Could stats that bad exist? We had the same bases as her, 7 chapters ago.

Laura: Well my base stats are worse than hers.

Nolan: You're a magic user in Tellius, by definition you have to suck.

*Fiona enters the chapter*

Fiona: Sorry for causing trouble for everyone in the previous chapter. Let me fight with you!

Sothe: Well then, hurry up and transform.

Fiona: Huh?

Sothe: Transform and double your stats like Volug.

Fiona: I'm a beorc.

Sothe: WTF? Are you kidding me?

Fiona: Sorry, but I haven't seen my stats anywhere.

Volug: Oh, I'm sorry, my abs ate them.

Fiona: But surely my horse must be useful, right?

Nolan: Not in this map. It's indoors so you suffer a move penalty. And there are ledges you can't even traverse.

Fiona: Well, what about 1-8?

Nolan: You don't even exist, but it's a swamp with thickets anyway.

Fiona: Endgame?

Nolan: It's indoors with ledges.

Fiona: 3-6?

Nolan: Swamp with thickets.

Fiona: 3-13?

Nolan: Indoors with ledges.

Fiona: WTF? Why do I even have a horse then?

Nolan: You're really good at running away from the enemies!

Sothe: Get back to the kitchen - I mean base. And remember to unassign your skills too.

Meg: No! Let Fiona fight. That way I won't be the worst unit on the team.

Nolan: Well, she's going to die after one attack and you will regain that title.

Fiona: Just watch! I will uphold my family's honor!

*map starts. Volug runs into Muarim and the sheer w1n created from their meeting instantly vaporizes every enemy in the map except an archer who somehow survives with half HP*

Edward: Well, Volug just solo'd another map. What's new?

Fiona: There's an enemy left standing! Let me finish it off!

Leo: Well, she will have the height advantage...

Nolan: Don't underestimate Fiona's combat potential... or lack of.

*Fiona runs over to the archer*

Fiona: It's over archer! I have the high ground!

Enemy: You underestimate my power!

Fiona: Don't try it!

*Fiona fails to kill the archer, archer one rounds her back*

Enemy: You were the chosen one! You were supposed to be the ultimate tank, not be made of paper! You were supposed to be the savior of the Dawn Brigade, not the laughing stock!

Fiona: I HATE YOU!

Dawn Brigade: ...

Meg: So with Fiona dead, does that mean I'm still the worst unit on the team?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some faith in Fiona to be honest, for a loong long time

I played EM and tried to build her up without BEXP. She gets ORKO'd by literally everything until promotion...

We needed proof of Fiona being terrible?

I take one look at the FE10 boards and see this as the top one. Adios!Fox is still sharp and on top of her judgmental outspoken behavior though! +10 -insert affectionate name here-

http://tebrigade.b1....?showtopic=2119

This person thinks Fiona is the shit.

(page 5)

Leonardo sucks so much he would be lucky to use the Brave Bow available in 3-6. Even his personal weapon keeps him mediocre.

I guess he's infinitely better than Fiona, though, who is more than likely dying to most things without 50 kiloMias of resources.

Goddamnit Colonel you're persistent like a case of the pox or something!

As far as lugh goes, a leo at or near base w/ lugh can either one-round or nearly one round bird laguz and pegs in ch 3-12 and 3-13, IIRC (almost certainly one round on the pegs), though his hit might not be perfect... It's not exactly clutch but I don't exactly mind.

http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2119

This person thinks Fiona is the shit.

This guy's Fiona has ass for strength for second tier. wtf. He managed to get her to cap Stength but man...

I use her all the time. Yeah shes terrible and a lot of work. Like, a lot, but i still like using her. Different strokes for different folks, Colonel M.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would they make Fiona So horrible to train. When I got her, I just killed her. Look at the base stats I got. But she does have growth rates. But even at Lvl Paladin she had 10 Strength.

Level: 9

HP:25

Str:8

Mag:6

Skl:8

Spd:10

Luk:7

Def:8

Res:6

Cn:7

It's almost racist. Devdan talks so much like an African trying to speak English. I guess Devdan would talk like this (((( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1wwe9-be2Y&feature=related )))) if they gave him a role.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to try raising all of the low and bottom tier characters for HM ;3; with only bronze, iron and steel weapons allowed.

Good for you. But there is no goddamn reason to post in this topic and bringing it back to the top.

Don't take that the wrong way, I've just never liked a topic named "Fiona is terrible"

Edited by Fenrir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the only chapter that Fiona and Meg can be used is Chapter 3-13... equip them with 2-range weapons and have them cover the right ledge to prevent the laguz from jumping on to that side of the map... they will hurt the laguz but they can't kill them until they revert back.

Edited by Lord D

Now that I think about it, IS has been quite racist towards black people ever since introducing black characters into the series.

Devdan - Horrid stats and piss-poor growths in both FE9 and FE10. In terms of his character...very little development, but is as retarded as he is amusing.

Fiona - Don't need to go into detail on her, this thread already has. But in terms of storyline, she's the leader of the army of Marado and the daughter of one of Daein's original Four Riders, which included Greil/Gawain, who was supposedly invincible at the time, and Bryce, who must have been a decent enough warrior to maintain his post for thirty-odd years.

Almost finished with a play through right now with Fiona/ Meg as the featured combo of the DB on hard and neither is really a bad character per se. They need a lot of quick and early leveling which is really easy with Meg on 1-4. Just have her beat on a laguz at a choke point till he runs back to a healing pot... Wait a few turns, rinse, repeat till she is up to an acceptable level. The laguz give good experience and it goes quick.

Much harder and more challenging is Fiona. What I did was forge a weapon with max might. Even then she needs 1 point of strength to damage the boss on 1-7. I had an energy drop on her just in case, but she got a level up with a point of strength, so it wasn't necessary to use. By the time she went through the forged weapon and another normal weapon, she was at 20 and a master seal finished off the tier. For 1-E her and Fiona had a much easier time taking on the whole level than a Nolan Zihark combo did on a previous game and Fiona and Meg's stats were just average for their growths. Meg is more sturdy than Nolan at that point in the game at the same level. At promotion with average stats Meg has about 4 less hit points but 2 more speed, 10 more luck, and 4 more defense which makes her solid enough that you don't need to bate enemies with an unequipped Black Knight on hard mode. Just leave him at the base unless you want the secret chacter.

Fiona turns out to be the best paladin in the game between the highest speed (Astrid is the only one with a higher cap but she is highly unlikely to reach it without help) at 34. She has two very good innate skills and the Earth affinity which if combined with the numerous other Earth supports in the DB should make her nearly invincible... Eventually. Paladins are sort of crappy by definition though. Her only other real problem is that she's a major pain to get up to speed.

Meg is ok too. She's basically an evasion tank, so giving her an Earth support does wonders for her. I think her and Nolan would make an excellent pair, helping to shore up Nolan's accuracy problems early on. She has the highest speed cap for a general which she gets to very easily. She can do decent damage. The fact that she also gets a mage-like resistance stat is nice, which should cap out easily at 32 which helps out if you decide to take her to end game. When she gets hit, she can take a shot. On average her unaltered D should be 34.25 for 20/20/20, by comparison Ike's caps out at 32 (yeah I know Ragnell adds 5, but still it's not too shabby). With a little babying and battle exp she should cap everything but magic. She doesn't need much. On average her stats should all be at or near their caps.

For the end game, my personal opinion is that Meg is probably the best general, with 1 more speed than Gatrie and on average about 7 more resistance. Resistance gains importance in the end and outweighs the 1 strength cap advantage that Gatrie has. Meg even has an advantage in weapon type because I wouldn't mind giving an excess high level sword (alondite not vague kattie) to Meg while there is no way I'm giving the wishblade to Gatrie unless he is the only SS lance user, but normally they both should probably be wielding identical forged weapons.

On my play through of normally disused units I'm surprised that I actually would use Meg again for a normal play through. She really shores up a weakness for the DB with survivability. (I dislike using over leveled units like toreano, sothe, and the black knight for my tanking)

Fiona is actually pretty good when you get her up to speed, but is not worth the effort for a casual game. All this is a bit over the top, though the original post was amusing.