A Story Untold.. Leila's Tale

Jedi

I had an idea for my first ever attempt at a hack, It's fairly ambitious and I wish to have input, maybe some help.. I wouldn't mind help considering there are so many skilled hackers here.. I'm not a spriter or very good story teller either so I'm pretty much going to be doing this all for the first time [unless I get some help]

So here is the premise

This is a hack based around the Fire Emblem Blazing Sword character Leila, the Ostia Spy who suffered an unfortunate young death at the hands of the Angel of Death.. Jaffar.. In original canon that is

This is not that story.

But this doesn't quite start there, this hacks storyline will begin before even the Caelin dispute, back when Leila is first joining the spies and then later Matthew's joining and their bond deepening into love. In Short this story will start before fe7 and will go on into it and it will... Change History, time skips will be used so this doesn't drag as long as It already will

This will explain Leila's past and even some of the other Ostian's motivations before and after Hector's departure from Ostia and what was going on during the Caelin dispute Outside of Caelin.

Some chapters will be involved with main fe7 stuff such as when Matthew leaves Lyn's group in chapter 7, and what happened while Eliwood and his group were retaking castle Caelin behind the scenes etc.

Later on from the point of her fight with Jaffar, canon will change drastically. This is all I can say for the moment

Some chapters will be Stealth based kinda of like on chapter 10 of PoR [spy work and all]. Except you getting discovered will be much much more disastrous. Possibly game overs or just uber opponents

Escape missions from fe5 and fog of war will be used to some effect. [Raging will ensue]

Possible characters: FE7 Cast to some extent, Some fe6'ers possibly like Ashtol, Black Fang like Legault will play a decently big role in this

http://www.serenesfo...eneral/age.html since fe6 is 20 years after fe7.. I'll have to be careful with who I try to put in..

OC's may appear depending on how many characters from the main canon I can squeeze into this, because i'll probably need more Ostian spies working with Leila

Skills if possible to hack in somehow will possibly be in the game

Leila's Growths are amazing I don't know if toning them down will be needed

[spoiler=Her Growths]c02732722c04705b3ec9fc63fbe80144.png?1343955374

Suggestions and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jedi

I'm pretty sure Matthew met guy during Chapter 7, as that's what their supports discuss.

Hmm, I forgot about that.. Well I could tie that in somehow.

Edit: re-reading their support convos.. I don't really see a connection? Perhaps I'm just missing it

Edited by Jedi

hmn i sense a trend ip chatters turn hackers any way i can help i am learning to map and can sort of hack

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhh shading how can a basic concept be so hard to implement and mountians

^my issue with mapping also finding the right wall tile for corners

Edited by Cyron

I'm pretty sure Matthew met guy during Chapter 7, as that's what their supports discuss.

I don't see it in the supports, but there is text in chapter 13 that says that Guy and Matthew met when they were both in Caelin. That's still chapter 7, though.

Its in the recruitment convo between the two. Matthew gave Guy meat and Guy swore to pay Matthew back someday

Alrighty, That makes sense. I may be able to work with that, thanks

Also Thinking on making the Black Fang a bit of a focus here more since Leila did go undercover with them for awhile

You'd have to wait to introduce them. IIRC she was with them for a year, so starting around when Lyn's campaign was happening.

That was the plan, Wait a little then I'd have her along with them for a bit [with like Lloyd [because Proto wants playable Lloyd lol] and some others.. she'd probably meet Harken in the Eliwood mode ish section of the story at some point perhaps]

Can't say much.

But, is Brendan Reed going to be playable?

He will be part of the story that's for sure, playable? Not sure

Edited by Jedi

I don't see it in the supports, but there is text in chapter 13 that says that Guy and Matthew met when they were both in Caelin. That's still chapter 7, though.

I don't see anything in Chapter 13's (localized) text that specifically mentions Caelin, just that the last time Matthew saw him he gave him food. If the Caelin part is true, though, wouldn't Chapter 8 be the chapter you mean then? Seeing as that's the chapter that Matthew's off gathering information and unavailable in the party...

I don't see anything in Chapter 13's (localized) text that specifically mentions Caelin, just that the last time Matthew saw him he gave him food. If the Caelin part is true, though, wouldn't Chapter 8 be the chapter you mean then? Seeing as that's the chapter that Matthew's off gathering information and unavailable in the party...

Haha, I misremembered, it WAS chapter 8. And yeah I couldn't find anything in the localized text myself after scanning it over and over again, so my old idea will probably work then

Also just FYI for everyone the main info of the chapters and such are in PM's that will be revealed over time..

That was the plan, Wait a little then I'd have her along with them for a bit [with like Lloyd [because Proto wants playable Lloyd lol] and some others.. she'd probably meet Harken in the Eliwood mode ish section of the story at some point perhaps]

That might be a bit difficult to pull off. Harken seems like he sort of stayed on the fringes of the Fang while Leila was right in the middle, so they'd probably only meet in passing if at all. Now if you had her meet Harken earlier, like during the events of LM, so she already knows him and she sees him in the Fang you might be able to work something out, like her saying they'd worked together before they joined the Fang and convincing Brendan and Sonia to accept him as a member.

Edited by bottlegnomes

That might be a bit difficult to pull off. Harken seems like he sort of stayed on the fringes of the Fang while Leila was right in the middle, so they'd probably only meet in passing if at all. Now if you had her meet Harken earlier, like during the events of LM, so she already knows him and she sees him in the Fang you might be able to work something out, like her saying they'd worked together before they joined the Fang and convincing Brendan and Sonia to accept him as a member.

This could work, I like how you think Gnomes

Edit: George has given us a Mug of one of the few OC's that will be involved in this hack

Meet Javier, he is Leila's instructor in the Ostia Spys

Javier.png

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks the team so far in this hack has done thus

3 maps - [prototypes but still its something] Cyron will show the basic prologue map when he gets back on

Some ideas on a story that I'm keeping to ourselves for the time being

Using Knives and They will be 1-2 range and I've had a spriter named Mariah the Magician work on a throwing animation for Thieves, Etc and I've gotten her permission to use her Female Rogue battle sprite

George has made a mug for one of the OC's

Leila's Promotion is slated to be Rogue

Stealth will play a key part in certain chapters but not all of them

toying with the idea of meeting Fiora and Getiz in Ilia [due to their supports] and having Geitz and Geese be your convoy dudes [Geese would be a kid probably]

I have created an "official" for the time being banner

prototype_2_leila_banner_02_by_jedisupersonic-d5a6x0v.jpg

The Team itself consists of

Myself

Boron aka Xin Li

Percilugh

Cyron

Lucina

BigBangMeteor

Bluedoom

Luster Purge

GeorgeTheUnseen

ZM467

Although i'm unsure if she'd like to continue to help with more I'm at least giving a special thanks to Mariah the Magician

Edited by Jedi

I was pretty sure that when Matthew met Guy in the recruitment chapter (13) that was not the first chapter they had known each other, as Guy joined due to a debt he owed Matthew for food. I think it's fair to say that they met more during Lyn's Time some years previous, but not more than 2 or 3 years as a memory like that would probably fade rather quickly.

Yes I only skimmed the topic.

Fair, because ch 7 might not work anyway since they're not in Caelin yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have several announcement to make:

1st I am now hacking this and jedi is leading the writers

2nd there is going to be a release as soon as I finish the prolog which will be 5 parts long actually 6 there is 1 gaiden

also i will most likely post the new prolog map later

Edited by Cyron