[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, IT IS YET TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER (i skimmed the readme file just a bit so i have probably missed out on that because of my inacuraccy)

also thanks for complementing me even though I don't deserve that, if it was meant to be a compliment

Yeah, that was a compliment.

The first bug interests me, because I've never heard of it before. I'd ask you to do a bunch of things (restart the chapter, load it from a save state, etc.), but it's sorta tedious. If you can swap units around in the select screen, start the chapter, and see if the same "bug" hits, I think it'll help Alfred to pinpoint the problem.

The readme's kinda long, but it's well worth looking at. If you run into a problem, there's a good chance that it'll be in there, along with a solution.

What are Djambos growths he capped def str skl spd as a level 20 pirate and has 44 HP

you understand he an andre are monsters

andre has capped mag and skill but 19 speed :(

Djambo got dem durabillity

Edited by TTPK_Tal

finished 8

Shinori "This is ridicolus"

Agreed

that was just like one huge fuck you to my face 10/10 seriously

Glad you liked it!

Wait, was that the soldier's death quote? Sae'rah is already recruited in that picture.

Nope, not a death quote.

Glad you liked it!

Nope, not a death quote.

I love how you made weiss basicly

Helios replacement after you discovered his true identity as the demon king

also my best units

Andre Wonder pupil

Djambo-Pirate=MVP

Shwartz=Memnus with speed

Memnus=Shwartz with skill and def

Christoph=21 LUCK

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I don't know why, but I would love to see Andre and Sae'rah support. I can imagine it, Andre following his mentor's advice in order to sleep with attract Sae'rah. And Sae'rah getting increasingly annoyed by Andre's frequent attempts to woo her. ;)

Once exams are over, I'm going to learn how to download hacks and then I'll be able to play Midnight Sun! :) Keep up the good work! :D

[spoiler=@Alfred Kamon, eclipse, disbelievers, doubters, lurkers, others and those who feel offended because i have not mentioned them][spoiler=ALMIGHTY PROOF FOR ALL DISBELIVERS] Well, its not almighty but it is about the "glitch" i was talking earlier:

UDiZpoo.png

2XoizDc.png

BUQIeZn.png

R3wl3Pw.png

Ujg3CWc.png

Having avoid stats changed despite being completely unemployed in this chapter

i again assume it is because they stood on forest/pillar/whatever tiles that boosted up their avoid in an earlier chapter (if not the same) but the game has not refreshed correctly so they "kept" the stats they got back then

i might be wrong though

Edit:[spoiler=how to "get rid" of it]

they "lose" them if you can get the game to "refresh" the characters stats by selecting the map and showing their stats again or by starting the chapter when the untis are employed

apparently they keep their stats as long as their character is "unrefreshed" and this happens if you NOT select the character and NOT show the map

i again might be wrong and i apologize if said is incorrect

Edit:[spoiler=interesting stuff i found out while further investigating the glitch if it is even one]

i have further investigated it on both the regular Sacred stones AND blazing sword games

funnily enough

they shared the same problem

so alfred

you did nothing wrong

I apologize to making you worry that you have done something wrong

but you did not

i can also proof that stuff with the regular fe7/8 sharing the same problem but

that will take a lot of time uploading since im on my phone and my game files are also on my phone since i play on my phone which i get my screenshots from

I used spoilers (hopefully) correctly this time

@eclipse

I did everything what you said before you said it yourself since i have indirectly announced to investigate that "glitch" or "bug"

[spoiler=here are the results]

The "altered" stats stay as long until you show the map or to start the chapter with affected unit(s) causing the game to "refresh" the employed affevted characters data, but as i said before i could be wrong

switching/unequipping/saving/restarting/picking and unpicking units and equipping units don't affect this since the unit "thinks" that it is still on avoid boosting tile(if it really is the tile's "fault"(but it probably is since it was always a 20 avoid boost)) but the actions above don't affect this

i think this whole discussion about this "glitch" is trivial now since i found out that it is not Alfred's fault and i apologize to both Alfred for potentially worrying him and everyone who thought that it was his fault

[spoiler=@Alfred Kamon]

[spoiler=possible Klingensturm implementation "problem" solution]you could put a Klingensturm(or an equally good weapon if not better) into the half destroyed village in chapter 8 since an elexir is not really enough of a reward for visiting (and hopefully surviving) the village and the tiny piece of valuable information you get, but it is up to you how you decide on that

[spoiler=bitching about Solaris(gameplay/plot spoilers)]I think Mister IceTeaPeach complained about that already (and i think MJ1990 did indirectly(not sure though)) but the solaris is pretty fragile for a Legendary Weapon, especially because you use it against so many enemies in the 8th chapter that it breaks not even halfway through the chapter, making it difficult to survive the Waves of enemies Fa summons especially in hard mode in which the enemies will rape you without lube either way, if the fragility of the sword is intended so that you will not be able to use it in the next chapter(s) i shall take my words back

[spoiler=Is the Croissant digestable for the units?]

The elder woman gave you two Croissants apparently

meaning that you can either use it twice

or that you get two that are only usable once

[spoiler=Will you reveal Schwarz's dark past?]

And Weiß's bright Future(with hopefully Ceapana bc i ship them so much >.<)

Will there be a ShioriXFartass <3 A-Rank love support?

(basically in which version will supports/support convos happen?)

Christoph DOES seem more useful now :D(at least more then a warrior)

Edited by Flareragnarok

Well, remember that all legendary weapons have durability that doesn't make sense. Durendal, the legendary sword used by a hero many years ago who slew dragons -breaks after hitting something 20 times-. Though, I suppose Solaris isn't as strong, nor does it give stat boosts.

Edited by ryan5152001

On the Klingensturm... Think there was an enemy unit using one in ch.7... Maybe make that droppable if you want to give the player another one and not change too much?

...amused by the soldier having more dialogue now with Sae'rah. Creepy Dude needs to quite hitting on the young ladies. XP

[spoiler=Further Solaris and Klingensturm drama, LanceboyxSae'rah and Music][spoiler=imperishable Solaris]

Well, remember that all legendary weapons have durability that doesn't make sense. Durandal, the legendary sword used by a hero many years ago who slew dragons -breaks after hitting something 20 times-. Though, I suppose Solaris isn't as strong, nor does it give stat boosts.

Also note that this is an FE8 hack and in the regular fe8 the uses for BOTH Audhulma AND Sieglinde are 30!(Thats what i call legendary Weapon)

I could understand Alfred IF he would tie the Solaris entirely to chapter 8(what i assume) by allowing no more uses then the 20 it already has

but that is also somehow illogical because Letruffe's reason to live would break apart extremely easily and fast and he would get upset over a sword he and his ancestors have hunted for so long (that he btw cannot use(well he could but only if you reach weapon rank B at the end of chapter 7 or have reached it in chaper 8 and the solaris is still intact))that Hellios/Cattleya broke like it was a fragile toy

If tying this Sword to chapter 8 is the reason it has 20 uses only, it should be tied to Letruffe(since he was the one who wanted the sword in the first place and because he is a bad unit compared to the others in chapter 7/8)or the dialogue has to be changed in a sort of nihilistic way like:"So that is the legendary sword Solaris i'm holding in my hands... Well, my ancestors would want that i might as well try it out... ... ... what? How can the i the one who chased after it not use it? What purpose serves a sword that cannot be used? I could sell it for a high price or i... *recruitment music plays* could give it to the party i am joining, now that i promised that i would after finding solaris and since the skeletons here are quite strong i would be much safer there, besides i would have probably joined even if i could use it, i've made my promise and i shall not break it as long as i'm called letruffe, wait for me faratrass, i will assist you" Or something like that (or: m8 thats the solaris? lol i don't need it, fuck this, is boring; fa, wait 4 meee!)

If you have already solved this "problem" Alfred, my redundant apologies for my redundancy shall make the pain for you more bearable...hopefully...

[spoiler=continued Klingensturm]

On the Klingensturm... Think there was an enemy unit using one in ch.7... Maybe make that droppable if you want to give the player another one and not change too much?

...amused by the soldier having more dialogue now with Sae'rah. Creepy Dude needs to quite hitting on the young ladies. XP

Imo the Klingensturm is more worthy then to be just dropped by a random skeleton unit since it is not just some sword but a OP 1-2 ranged one with anima magic thingy in ranged attack, also it would make the two chapters much easier since it is effective to flying units (eyeballs) and it is (as far as i remember) more durable then the Solaris, in addition i hardly ever used the Agile weapons because of their lack of strength which makes it impossible to even attack some enemies(but good lord are they good 2-5wt and 40crit i cannot complain)

[spoiler=Generic Lanceboy recruitment]Is that one of the lance units you will be implementing? If so, change the option of sae'rah to promote since it would be redundant to have two generic lance units, OR make him recruitable later in the game, he would send love letters to sae'rah which you have to ignore all in order to recruit him later when he is an much more ungeneric unit that is actually strong, Make both make an A rank support and they would share an ending in which Sae'rah would just commnd him but both would live happily

If not, make more little details like this, these make the hack a masterpiece

[spoiler=music]is there a link that redirects me to all the game soundtracks you used? like a list that says: track 01: Fire emblem Sacred stones: The Valiant; track 02: Touhou Undefined Fantastic Object: Heian Alien; ... track 54: Pokémon Black: N's Castle bridge theme... etc.?

Would be nice if someone could redirect me there by linking, that shop song is in my mind and i don't know which game it comes from, IF it comes from a games that is

i thank you in advance

Also:

please Alfred, use more touhou music :3

And thank you for deferring/answering to- and potentially implementing fan suggestions/graphics/works/ideas into MS, you really motivate to trying to help you :D

Edited by Flare

I'll link this post instead of quoting it. Thanks for the info, Flare~! This sounds like it's more than a surface-level fix, and that's Alfred's territory. I think that info will be helpful if he tries to fix this!

the link is invalid IF it is related to the music related post of mine, it shows page 82

Um... you're welcome, hopefully it was, i might have overseen things but that is unlikely but not impossible

the annoying thing about that is, that i was really planning to use both garion and christoph in this run when i saw their avoid, that changed though when i deployed both units and started the chapter -.-

i might use christoph in my 1.5/2.0 run though because of his light tome usage~

H-hey~ It's me Levi!

Midnight Sun for me is a great hack ^.^

I really like the new maps, characters and storyline~

Let's just say I'm one of Shiori's fan X_X I wonder if she just let down her hair...

... Andre has godly stats on my gameplay, and Fa too, I still don't quite understand why she gets high defense instead of high resistance. >.>

There are some minor um... business I want to tell. eh?

[spoiler=Open me, please~]

1. Fa's boss battle theme's name hasn't changed yet. Or are you planning to keep it like that?

2. ... Monster map? When will it be available? I want to see Shiori's growth~

Alfred, please make this hack more interesting, though it's already interesting~

Peace and love~ Fwaah!

[spoiler=@Alfred Kamon, eclipse, disbelievers, doubters, lurkers, others and those who feel offended because i have not mentioned them][spoiler=ALMIGHTY PROOF FOR ALL DISBELIVERS] Well, its not almighty but it is about the "glitch" i was talking earlier:

UDiZpoo.png

2XoizDc.png

BUQIeZn.png

R3wl3Pw.png

Ujg3CWc.png

Having avoid stats changed despite being completely unemployed in this chapter

i again assume it is because they stood on forest/pillar/whatever tiles that boosted up their avoid in an earlier chapter (if not the same) but the game has not refreshed correctly so they "kept" the stats they got back then

i might be wrong though

Edit:[spoiler=how to "get rid" of it]

they "lose" them if you can get the game to "refresh" the characters stats by selecting the map and showing their stats again or by starting the chapter when the untis are employed

apparently they keep their stats as long as their character is "unrefreshed" and this happens if you NOT select the character and NOT show the map

i again might be wrong and i apologize if said is incorrect

Edit:[spoiler=interesting stuff i found out while further investigating the glitch if it is even one]

i have further investigated it on both the regular Sacred stones AND blazing sword games

funnily enough

they shared the same problem

so alfred

you did nothing wrong

I apologize to making you worry that you have done something wrong

but you did not

i can also proof that stuff with the regular fe7/8 sharing the same problem but

that will take a lot of time uploading since im on my phone and my game files are also on my phone since i play on my phone which i get my screenshots from

I used spoilers (hopefully) correctly this time

@eclipse

I did everything what you said before you said it yourself since i have indirectly announced to investigate that "glitch" or "bug"

[spoiler=here are the results]

The "altered" stats stay as long until you show the map or to start the chapter with affected unit(s) causing the game to "refresh" the employed affevted characters data, but as i said before i could be wrong

switching/unequipping/saving/restarting/picking and unpicking units and equipping units don't affect this since the unit "thinks" that it is still on avoid boosting tile(if it really is the tile's "fault"(but it probably is since it was always a 20 avoid boost)) but the actions above don't affect this

i think this whole discussion about this "glitch" is trivial now since i found out that it is not Alfred's fault and i apologize to both Alfred for potentially worrying him and everyone who thought that it was his fault

[spoiler=@Alfred Kamon]

[spoiler=possible Klingensturm implementation "problem" solution]you could put a Klingensturm(or an equally good weapon if not better) into the half destroyed village in chapter 8 since an elexir is not really enough of a reward for visiting (and hopefully surviving) the village and the tiny piece of valuable information you get, but it is up to you how you decide on that

[spoiler=bitching about Solaris(gameplay/plot spoilers)]I think Mister IceTeaPeach complained about that already (and i think MJ1990 did indirectly(not sure though)) but the solaris is pretty fragile for a Legendary Weapon, especially because you use it against so many enemies in the 8th chapter that it breaks not even halfway through the chapter, making it difficult to survive the Waves of enemies Fa summons especially in hard mode in which the enemies will rape you without lube either way, if the fragility of the sword is intended so that you will not be able to use it in the next chapter(s) i shall take my words back

[spoiler=Is the Croissant digestable for the units?]

The elder woman gave you two Croissants apparently

meaning that you can either use it twice

or that you get two that are only usable once

[spoiler=Will you reveal Schwarz's dark past?]

And Weiß's bright Future(with hopefully Ceapana bc i ship them so much >.<)

Will there be a ShioriXFartass <3 A-Rank love support?

(basically in which version will supports/support convos happen?)

Christoph DOES seem more useful now :D(at least more then a warrior)

Since this "bug" is in the vanilla games as well and hasn't any relevance gameplay-wise, I don't think I'll fix it.

You asked me about a soundtrack list, somewhere... I don't think that's gonna happen, at least not soon. Mostly because I don't know where most of my tracks come from, I've literally used the "Random Button" on vgmusic to select the pieces I liked the most.

Heheheh!!

Well, I'll probably give another Klingesturm relatively soon.

You guys asked about the Solaris... well, fyi: the Solaris ISN'T a legendary weapon! It's a mythical weapon, which is, huh, weaker than a legendary weapon. As such, it's ok for it to have low uses since it'll also be forgeable etc.

moreover it won't retain its effectiveness against promoted monsters

H-hey~ It's me Levi!

Midnight Sun for me is a great hack ^.^

I really like the new maps, characters and storyline~

Let's just say I'm one of Shiori's fan X_X I wonder if she just let down her hair...

... Andre has godly stats on my gameplay, and Fa too, I still don't quite understand why she gets high defense instead of high resistance. >.>

There are some minor um... business I want to tell. eh?

[spoiler=Open me, please~]

1. Fa's boss battle theme's name hasn't changed yet. Or are you planning to keep it like that?

2. ... Monster map? When will it be available? I want to see Shiori's growth~

Alfred, please make this hack more interesting, though it's already interesting~

Peace and love~ Fwaah!

Hey man! ^^ I'm glad you liked the game!

1. Huh, I don't understand what you mean.

2. Skirmishes battles *should* be available in 1.5 (see it as some sort of demo) and fully available from v.2.0.

Are you still taking suggestions for chapter ideas? I have a unique gimmick that could probably work if you're willing to hear me out :P

Sure, anytime!

Pic Gif of the day:

fp1201.gif

Seems like Andre got his own Mage animation!

Thanks to GabrielKnight for the de-hooded mage animation.

Extra:

Have you ever noticed the alternate battle palettes in the Battle Arena?
These are available in your v.1.2 too. Might be fun to see your heroes under a different light for a change.
revisited8.png
Edited by Alfred Kamon