[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a game developer should really worry about hacking in these situations, as there is no stopping it, regardless.

Given that there was no hint in SRW Original Generation 2 that defeating the supposedly undefeatable Inspectors would give rewards, and people still found out about it, yeah, lost cause. It's the encouragement given by a supposedly droppable item that I'm iffy with.

Hey alfred if you don't mind me asking a few questions about midnight sun that would be great.

1. Are you planning to give the player any monster units most likely not but I would like to know

2. Do you plan to make the shiori path harder then the faratrass path? or is it gonna be vice versa

3. last question. Are you gonna give us special units for completing the Tower of Valni? like with glen and fado?

You (obviosly) don't have to answer me. I just wanted to ask some questions about my favorite Fire Emblem hack.

The hack is quite on an hiatus as of now due to university killing me (I'll end my studies in September, so this final period is really hard).

People are still working on it anyway, so luckily it'll be easier for me to work on it once I get all the material I need.

For the Soul Mirror: I'll think about something. It's droppable only for story purposes, but gameplay-wise it doesn't have much sense now that I think about it. So yeah, it shouldn't be droppable at all.

Hey alfred if you don't mind me asking a few questions about midnight sun that would be great.

1. Are you planning to give the player any monster units most likely not but I would like to know

2. Do you plan to make the shiori path harder then the faratrass path? or is it gonna be vice versa

3. last question. Are you gonna give us special units for completing the Tower of Valni? like with glen and fado?

You (obviosly) don't have to answer me. I just wanted to ask some questions about my favorite Fire Emblem hack.

1. Yup! A Female Centaur and a Baelstrom (half human, half Bael).

2. Shiori's path will be harder and will feature some pretty unique gameplay and goals, while Faratrass' will be a bit easier and will have some more traditional goals. I got the inspiration from FEif's paths. And I also want to incentivate people to play Shiori's route since 70% of you as of now will probably choose Faratrass'.

3. I don't think so. Maybe in postgame.

Thanks for the "favorite"!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The baelstrom better be female too or i'll boycott you.

More Waifu for Fateborn.

I have a question if you don't mind me answering. Will there be such a thing like Shiori ' s route being the "high risk, high reward?" Or is it just going to be more challenging?

My other question is, are you going to be any gimmick staffs? I know you have a lot of gimmick weapons :3

More Waifu for Fateborn.

hush you.

If you saw all of those half-human half-spider ladies, you'd be begging Kamon to have it here too instead of a disgusting upper body lift day macho guy with legs that doesn't fit.

+

This says it all.

492.jpg

Something weird happened in the game lately. I saw a support for both Djambo and Garion and it was the same talk with ross and Garcia in the original but they replaced Erika with Faratrass. guessing you didn't get into the supports or something.

Hmm, tbh I wanted it to be male.

...Readying the brain bleach.

Bahahahah.

More Waifu for Fateborn.

I have a question if you don't mind me answering. Will there be such a thing like Shiori ' s route being the "high risk, high reward?" Or is it just going to be more challenging?

My other question is, are you going to be any gimmick staffs? I know you have a lot of gimmick weapons :3

Still haven't decided, but perhaps I'll give out more exp in Shiori's.

Gimmick weapons... huh, I'll have some.

hush you.

If you saw all of those half-human half-spider ladies, you'd be begging Kamon to have it here too instead of a disgusting upper body lift day macho guy with legs that doesn't fit.

+

This says it all.

492.jpg

I don't even...

Something weird happened in the game lately. I saw a support for both Djambo and Garion and it was the same talk with ross and Garcia in the original but they replaced Erika with Faratrass. guessing you didn't get into the supports or something.

That's weird though. It should be fixed by now.

Anyway, just ignore it. It won't be a problem in v.1.5.

http://strawpoll.me/4009978/r

That's Markyjoe's poll on which side of the story people want to see first. Shiori's part is actually leading! (but it's almost 50-50 which means you write the characters in good balance!)

Oh, that's interesting. Last time I checked people were totally for Faratrass. Poor Shiori didn't get much love!

Which is a shame because Shiori's route is going to be awesome. /personal bias

1. Yup! A Female Centaur and a Baelstrom (half human, half Bael).

No werewolf Mauthe Doog? That's disappointing. Oh well, at least I'll get my second favourite monster class, the Tarvos.

And I also want to incentivate people to play Shiori's route since 70% of you as of now will probably choose Faratrass'.

Fool! I may hate Light Magic users with a burning passion but I'm totally going Shiori's route! Especially after the interlude!

I honestly don't see how a male Baelstrom would even work. Monster waifus FTW!

So why can a female Baelstrom work but a male one not?

Besides this...

[spoiler=That Image again...]

492.jpg

...just freaks me out. I was sort of "Hmm, that isn't so bad...", then I scrolled down to the smaller panel where the extra eyes became visible, and...

Yeah, that'll be a triple strength brain bleach with extra lemon for me, thank you.

That's going to shaft its movement SO MUCH, and how the heck are you going to differentiate between male and female without getting this hack kicked from SF?

That's going to shaft its movement SO MUCH, and how the heck are you going to differentiate between male and female without getting this hack kicked from SF?

Who said this unholy spawn of the DK's fevered imagination is going to be unclothed? I assume the bottom half isn't going to be showing its, uh, bits, and the top half can't be any worse than any other human sprite/portrait. Unless Alfred really goes mad combining features and chucks a Gorgon's head up there for good measure.

I assume the poor sap is a cursed human or something who joins up because Shiori might be able to get rid of the spider half.

Or it's the spider half wanting the human half gone, in which case Faratrass looks like a good bet...

Watch as the Baelstrom is top-half tarantula, but instead of an abdomen it has a human waist and legs.

...This topic seems to be the latest thing for proving there is no bottom to the depths of the human imagination.

Actually.

I have an even better idea.

Why not port the maid from Overlord light novel, Entoma Vasilissa Zeta?

5b6YO8g.png

Quoted straight from wiki.

"Entoma looks like a girl who wears clothes similar to those of traditional japanese. Her eyes are cute, but they never twinkle or blink. She has a brown hair with twin chignon. She never exposes bare skin except her face.

Her true form is a spider-human (arachnoid). Her face is a mask-shaped insect and her hair is formed by organization similar to a rolled centipede's. It is clear that she looks inhuman in the illustration, yet in the novel no one noticed her identity as a monster before she unveiled the mask.

She also disguises her voice with a cute girl's using an insect. Her original voice is harsh and grating, similar to that of Cocytus.(Another monster in the same guild as Entoma)"

[spoiler=Entoma vs Blue Rose guild - oversized image]

lkHO91M.jpg

I'll let myself out now.

/shut door behind self.