H5 Warpless Efficiency Log

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should promote first (after Shiida)

I said Hardin. He's stats are good enough to be a solid dracoknight. He also has about the same stats as Cain and Abel but the growths are slightly worse if i remember correctly.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone (other than Shiida) is promoting before chapter 14 anyway, I think I need Shiida's 10 movement in chapter 12 to get to the chest in 6 turns, and upon promotion she has like 34hp/15defence or somthing ridiculous so she'll be pretty awesome.

i've done chapter 11 and its like the worst chapter ever since recruiting linde is out of the way

I'm going to see what I can do about not using warp in chapter 12 though. I might be able to rush in and draw aggro from the mage away, and hopefully the archers target 4def draug over whoever is tanking in the cell.

http://youtu.be/bvSmkMs4Rus

chapter 11, its pretty dull

Another boring chapter. Used a savepoint to ensure that Wendall dodged a combination of a 38 and a 65, and that Shiida dodged a 55 from Jake that OHKO'd her. I could have made her another class I guess, but not worth it.
The other savepoint was used earlier to make sure hardin didn't get ohko'd by the killer bow sniper, there's actually no other way around it, since he will OHKO anyone on your team if he crits, unless you have like General Wolf or something.
Oh yeah Shiida could have died early in the chapter but she critted a dude she wasn't supposed to and ended up dodging so I just rolled with it.
Jake should be a pretty valuable addition to the team once i get more ballista ammo, as an Arrowspate forge is actually pretty ridiculous.
i'm going to make all the videos double speed since 20 minutes is just waayy too long for me to wait to upload watch in my opinion, although if you guys really want to watch them in normal speed, I can always revert back.
also someone remind me how to link posts like i have in half of the op please, I forget how to DDDDD:
EDIT AGAIN
I deployed Maria this chapter since I kind of want another physic user, and she was the closest person to it. I guess she can use Recover too if and when I get those staves.
Although Boah joins next chapter so she'll likely not see any more use.
Edited by General Horace

Next Chapter is gonna be interesting due to the prison and not being able to use Warp. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with. Might be a good idea to have a low def, good move unit make the archers target something else, since nothing in the prison can really take any hits, and theyre like...surrounded and shit so they cant really fit in there.

yeah, i'm planning on looking at the chapter tonight, I'm pretty sure doga can lure one archer on turn 2, but I might need to use a useless unit like biraku to tank a hit or something on turn 1. I don't think Physic will help them much either, even with Lena having pretty good magic.

Thankfully I think rushing to the boots will be pretty easy, with the exception of the boss. I might have Jake fire stuff at the clerics to get them out of the way, we'll see.

also someone remind me how to link posts like i have in half of the op please, I forget how to DDDDD:

[url=http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36752&view=findpost&p=2803335]Chapter 11[/url] - in 13 turns
I'm pretty sure &view=findpost is optional

Borderline? She's pretty awful. But I have gotten lucky with her on my normal run. She had maxed magic at 20/12 and maxed speed at 20/14 not bad. But those bases. Anyways I still think Horace should use her.

Linde can actually get exp pretty easy by just nuking things with aura, but there's really little use for mages in this kind of run, in my opinion. I'm probably not even going to kill Gharnef, and Lena does that much better anyway since her res is so insane. If she could double armours at base she'd be a lot more useful imo

Also thanks a lot Bal.

Edited by General Horace

I think it's troublesome enough to raise up somebody like Abel or Hardin at times, so that says something about a lv. 1 mage joining late and being unable to take a round of combat. Not sure how that would apply to a longterm-used (for purposes other than Steel Bow chipping as a Horseman) LTC Wolf/Sedgar, though. Depends on how we understand warpless/no warpskip I suppose and how meticulous you are with feeding kills. You kinda have to choose whom to feed enemies a lot of the time anyway, and 1 Sedgar/Wolf level is like 3 levels of any other characters (aside from AS gains where the cavs seem to excel, among others).

lol the shiida crit exposing her and risking her death is exactly the same thing that happened twice on my run when I was pulling and javelinning those mercs.

lol the shiida crit exposing her and risking her death is exactly the same thing that happened twice on my run when I was pulling and javelinning those mercs.

i swear this is how i die the most in harder difficulties of most FE's, i'll be like oh they'll be fine only two enemies can attack them

then they crit and all is not well

Regardless, Chapter 12 without warp to save the prisoners is a thing! I definately thought it was possible, but it's actually pretty simple since Minerva is the best.

db751769ae1b4b4062384517397f276e.png

boah actually dodged once, but he survives two attacks from the mage if he gets physic'd by Lena.

Edited by General Horace

you ask and shall receive today only!

http://youtu.be/14yvQqp4uq8

saving the prisoners was actually pretty easy, Wolf continued to be an mvp by tanking hits with his highish base hp and low defence and barely surviving to lure away one of the archers, so that Dolph could tank the other on turn one, then be out of range on turn 2 where the archer would go for Midia. The Boah has epic RES so this allowed him to tank a hit from the mage, even after being hit once and physic'd by Lena, which caused him to suicide on Hardin since I barriered Minerva on turn one to give her massive res as well.

Otherwise, I just got most of the chests, skipping the silver sword for a kill on the General and the Dragonpike. I don't really see myself needing another silver sword ever, since Ogma is probably the only person who's ever going to be able to use one (mayyybe Cain or a reclassed swordmaster).

I could have killed the boss more reliably with Shiida, since she ORKO'd with a silver lance, but I'd rather give Cain the boss exp at this point, since Shiida just doesn't really need any more at this point.

Chapter 13 is going to be miserable, it's by far my least favourite chapter in the game.

EDIT: oh, the archers can rarely proc an extra point in strength which allows them to ORKO Dolph, but its very rare that it happens soooo

YEAH

Edited by General Horace

That was great. Very clever and optimized. Would've liked it to be a bit slower but eh. Good luck with Chapter 13. 5 (or was it 6? its been awhile) turning it will be annoying I bet, with all those ballistas.

maybe i'll make the chapters 1.5 speed instead of 2x speed, so you can see hitrates better and stuff in the future, especially on short chapters like chapter 12.

from what I remember from drafts, its 5 turns with beck, and some of the stonehoist ballista hirlariously OHKO Marth exactly looking at it now, hopefully I can rig their stats to be lower or something, although they have bad hit already. Thankfully none of the hoistflamme dudes OHKO him, otherwise i'd be super sad. I do need to kill the boss before Marth gets in range though, since he wrecks him.

I probably could have sent Hardin back (getting healed by Lena along the way) and just had Minerva kill the mages with Hauteclere, but on a practice run beforehand only the lower level mage could be ohko'd, but they both proc'd one less defence this time around and I just didn't notice

I'm not totally sure I could have killed the horseman though, since the ridersbane needed to be down south, and Wolf hits like a kitten. I wanted Minerva to get more lance exp regardless, since I'd like her to be able to use Ridersbanes in the somewhat near future.

Wow, Minerva wrecked. Now I feel bad about not really using her much. Really sick clear, saving all the prisoners without warp, cleaning up the majority of the enemies AND grabbing nearly all the loot. And still time to get some exp distribution to boot.

Horace totally forgot to post this here. Had this on my subs :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqZJzI3zzMY

Pretty lame chapter to LTC huh? I like how you dismantled the south ballista. Even though Jeorge had chances of death. Was there any way at all that you could've blicked the boss in time before Marth got into his range? Didn't seem like it to me, but u never know. I usually just warp someone there to excaliblick his rear or use someone as bait.

NO i was going to post it today to make it look like I was updating on a regular basis

anyway I guess i'll post the youtube decription like I normally do anyway

Jeorge faces some chance of death on turn one, but stoneheist only has like 35 hit, so it's no biggie.
The biggest risk this chapter is however the last EP, Marth has to dodge a shot from the boss at 63% displayed hit, but it's such a short chapter, and it has two chapter saves, so I took full advantage of them.
and yeah, Wendall was OHKO'd by the boss as well, so getting him in range wasn't happening. Cain did like 5 damage with a killing edge, so I think I would have needed double crits to get rid of the boss on time. The thieves are also agressive, and actually have pretty scary offence, so I needed to get rid of them when I did.
chapter 14 looks pretty easy, and I need to slow down for the pegasus sisters anyway.
Edited by General Horace

Yeah, it gets so easy in Chapter 14 until...pretty much Endgame. I've had some files where all my chars were def screwed, making braves actually threatening. But normally, its pretty easy.

So I'm gonna ask the obvious question. Who gets the master seals? Nobody has been given either of the chapter 12 seals yet and if not next chapter when do you plan to promote?

Edited by Randa