DLC Conversation/Script Thread

pichupal

I'm pretty close to wrapping up Future Past conversations, but is someone willing to contribute Lon'qu > Kjelle and Ricken > Yarne?

I think that I can help with Ricken - Yarne, just wait some minutes and I edit this post

Future Past 2: Ricken - Yarne

Ricken: Yarne! You're all right!

Yarne: Ack! What's a little kid doing here?

Ricken: Hey! I am NOT little! I'm your father, Ricken. You could at least TRY to recognize me? I came here from another world- one where I'm still young.

Yarne: YOU are my father? Hmm... I guess you do have his features... But you're still a kid! What are you doing on a battlefield?

Ricken: Saving you! You need all the help you can get, right?

Yarne: You're here to rescue us?! Then forget about me, Father. you have to help Owain and Inigo! They put themselves in danger so that I could escape!

Ricken: I know. I saw what happened at the bridge. But you do know why they did it, right? As cruel as it seems?

Yarne: So that I could deliver the Gemstones...

Ricken: That's right. They want you do make it home to Ylisse. And you know what? So do I.

Yarne: You mean you won't help them?

Ricken: Of course I'll help them! We're all in this together. But your safety comes first, and you can't expect me to forget that.

Yarne: Nngh... I know...

Ricken: Good. Then you know what we need to do. Now let's finish this, Yarne. I'll hold this spot, so you go on ahead!

Yarne: *Sigh* All right, Father. Thank you.

At the part when Ricken say "We're all in this together" I could see him in my mind singing the song from High School Musical Lol

Edited by SniperGYS

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'll chip away at some of the leftovers, starting with the Hot Springs Scramble Walhart/Priam conversation

side note: this is transcribed from the European English version so there could be differences from the American one. i've left any/all British/Australian spellings (eg armour) in there for now

First part (Walhart > Priam)

Priam

Walhart... I can see that not even these waters can quiet your lust for battle.

If I didn't know better, I'd say your aura alone keeps the water aboil.

Walhart

I could say the same about you. The energy surrounding you sets the air aspark.

Even in all this steam, you shine like a beacon.

My humours tremble in the face of so worthy a swordsman.

Priam

I know the quickening you speak of.

But what I feel now is different... Could it be fear?

I have faced myriad champions in duels to the death and survived every one.

But I look at you now and struggle to picture my sword buried in that armour.

Walhart

Aye, just as I sense that you stand as the greatest threat to my conquest.

You are a boulder in my path, Priam - one that must be removed.

Priam

Then let us finish this conversation blade to blade.

Walhart

Yes! Show me how you wield that bloodthirsty demon at your side!

Priam

The strong are drawn to the strong. Our very natures compel us.

Walhart

So it seems. Now have at you!

Soldier

...Help! It's the Risen!

Priam

Damn. We'll finish this later.

Walhart

Indeed we will...

Second part (Priam > Walhart)

Priam

Something's coming...and it's not one of the Risen...

I can feel the air around me closing in... Suffocating...

Like it's trying to squeeze anyone unworthy right out of existence!

He must be close.

Walhart

...Priam.

I could sense you approaching like a hot knife through the cold, buttery air.

Only a man with your skill could project such an aura.

I would know it even a thousand leagues away.

How it pleases me that we may now finish our unsettled score!

Priam

The strong are drawn to the strong!

Walhart

Now, come and break that mighty blade upon me.

Priam

I think I'll just break you. ...Draw!

Soldier

Help! More Risen! We're surrounded!

Priam

Ugh... not again.

Walhart

Perhaps we are simply not destined to clash just yet.

Priam... What say we annihilate these Risen fools and settle our score then?

Priam

You suggest an alliance?

Walhart

Just imagine it.

Side by side, we could destroy these wretched corpses with a sneeze.

Priam

Heh... Sounds like fun. And I could use a warm-up before I take you on!

i ship it

I can help in making the list more small xD

Hot-Spring Scramble

Brady - Gerome

Brady: Man, I didn’t even know stuff like this existed! Hmm…

Gerome: We’re in combat here. There’ll be time to read later. What is that, anyway? The cover is awfully gaudy.

Brady: What, this? It’s Anna’s catalogue.

Gerome: … Catalogue?

Brady: Yeah, like a list of all the stuff she sells. She’s givin’ ‘em out for free. There was a stack sittin’ by the entrance to the springs. It’s pretty amazing, honestly. She’s got at least three of everything.

Gerome: … everything, you say? Truthfully?! Would that include, say… gentlemen’s masks?

Brady: What, you’re buying MORE? Just how many of them things do you need? Anyway, let’s see… Yup. Here we go. Page 316: “Masks for Him”.

Gerome: … You have my thanks, Brady. Hmm, an impressive selection. And all of them of fine quality…

Brady: Told you, didn’t I? Let’s see… Hey, the necklace they’ve got paired with that mask is great. Sophisticated but not over the top, ya know? Be perfect for high tea…

Gerome: it says here there’s a special feature on that piece on another page.

Brady: No kidding?! Er, you mind if I flip to it?

Gerome: Be my guest.

Brady: Thanks! Sorry. I’ll be quick. Let’s see… Ah! Here we go. Oh yeah, that’s a beaut. Hmm. Whatddya think? Could I pull it off?

Gerome: I think it would suit you well.

Brady: No kiddin’? Hmm… Maybe I should go for it.

Gerome: The price is quite reasonable. It seems a fair deal to me? Any objections if I turn back the page while you decide?

Brady: Goin’ back to look at those mask again? Sure, whatever.

Gerome: … What are your thoughts on this one here?

Brady: Not bad. The color ain’t flashy, but the craftsmanship’s obvious. I’d say it’s pretty slick!

Gerome: Right?

Brady: Hmm… This is tough…

Gerome: Indeed it is…

Brady: Hey, Gerome! The stuff we ordered just arrived!

Gerome: What?! That’s… impressive or frightening. I’m not certain which.

Brady: Yeah, I doubt anybody but Anna’s people would deliver to a place like this.

Gerome: Instantly. In the middle of combat.

Brady: Hey, check me out! Looks good, yeah? The color really works with my hair. I can’t wait to show this thing off!

Gerome: And this mask’s luster us even finer than I’d hoped. Print doesn’t do it justice.

Brady: Never expected to wind up shopping, considerin’ we came here to fight…

Gerome: If not for the wrathful undead, this would make for a pleasant vacation.

Brady: Heh, I didn’t think the V word was even in your vocabulary. But you’re right. Hanging around a place like this, it’s easy to forget we’re at war. All the fighting seems a million leagues away. Like it was all a bad dream.

Gerome: I was thinking the same… Not exactly a boon for morale, I fear. That aside, I’m surprised to find us so much in agreement. It’s rare our opinions align.

Brady: Yeah, well, it’s rare we’d even talk. You and me ain’t exactly social types.

Gerome: True.

Brady: I guess the hot springs are to blame for that too. It’s hard NOT to cut loose a bit.

Gerome: yes, thought we’d best put fun aside for now. Our foes have waited long enough.

Brady: Right. Whaddya say we fix that, you and me? Then we can have a nice, long soak and see about scarin’ up some dinner!

Gerome: Sounds like a winning plan. Let’s get to it!

Brady: Right behind ya!

--

Yarne - Owain

Owain: Hey, Yarne. Got a minute?

Yarne: Wait, why are you talking like a normal person? It’s unsettling.

Owain: Hey, give it a rest. Even I have my undramatic moments, all right?

Yarne: No boiling blood? No “down, sword arm!” … Nothing? Because you’re really throwing me off here. Did you forget how or something?

Owain: Heh… Far be it for the scion of heroes to leave a challenge unanswered. Nay, I shall prove beyond all doubt that the chosen one never forgets! Not even-

Yarne: Actually, forget it. Stop. Really! Please! Ears… bleeding…

Owain: You don’t have to be mean about it…

Yarne: Anyway, you needed something?

Owain: Oh, right. I was just thinking back to how things were in the future. And I can’t shake the feeling this era’s kind of… I don’t know, tepid? By comparison? What do you think?

Yarne: Tepid? Owain, just how hot were your baths?! You’re liable to boil yourself to extinction!

Owain: Not the water temperature, you goon. I mean the state of the world. Our condition. Things were more intense before. Or maybe just grimmer.

Yarne: the future definitely wins for grimness, yes. Take this battle. Seems like all anybody’s talking about is enjoying the springs after.

Owain: And I’m not saying it’s bad. Resting up is crucial when you’re fighting a long war. But I still can’t shake the feeling that we can’t afford to waste any time here…

Yarne: Really? I’m all for it. Any time spent not in combat is time well spent in my book

Owain: But don’t you think there are other things we could be doing in the fight for peace?

Yarne: W-well, sure. And I’ll grant that everything you’re saying makes perfect sense… Which is REALLY throwing me off. If I thought normal-talking Owain was weird, normal-thinking Owain is just… *shudder*

Owain: All right, that’s enough already!

Owain: You know, Yarne… You and me and the others, we… we lived through a future the people in this era couldn’t imagine in their nightmares.

Yarne: What? Also, we’re really running with this serious conversation thing? Seriously?

Owain: Will you drop that already? Once in a blue moon won’t kill either of us. Besides, I’ll have you know I’m always thinking about serious things… inside.

Yarne: I… find that very difficult to believe. But go on…

Owain: Since coming to this era, we’ve tasted real normal happiness for the first time. I’m worried that’s dulled our edge a bit.

Yarne: I suppose that’s fair to say… I know I’ve gone a little soft, at least. I’m only in a state of panic half the time, tops.

Owain: Right? I wonder what it is that’s got us lacking off.

Yarne: Having the grow-ups back, maybe? It’s easy to feel they’ve got it all under control.

Owain: That’s the trap with parents, I guess. They always seem superhuman. But we can’t get complacent. We sat by and let them protect us in the future, and we saw how that ended. Half the reason we came back was to keep THEM safe this time.

Yarne: Right. I hate fighting, and I’m reeeally not excited about the prospect of extinction… But avoiding a fight and winding up with an apocalypse doesn’t do anyone any good.

Owain: We’ve got to do whatever we can. For the world, and for the ones we love. Heh, when you think of it that way, it’s easy to get fired up!

Yarne: Yeah. Even I’m feeling ready to fight!

Owain: Heh… We are come to this era across the bounds of time, triumphant o’er causality. The next to fall before us will be the dark bonds of fate that condemn us to suffering! I’ll see each link of that infernal chain cleaved open by my blade, I swear it!

Yarne: Hah! And order is restored…

--

Yarne - Inigo

Yarne: … …

Inigo: Yarne? What are you doing? Why are you just standing there?

Yarne: There’s… there’s water everywhere. But it’s HOT. There’s HOT WATER EVERYWHERE!

Inigo: Heh. Pretty impressive, huh? I don’t blame you for being awed at the sight. We never had anything like this i-

Yarne: I’M GONNA GO EXTINCT!

Inigo: gah? Wh-what are you…? Huh?!

Yarne: INIGO!

Inigo: What is it?!

Yarne: I’ll never ask for anything again, I swear- just protect me from the bad water!

Inigo: Bad… Wait, what? Yarne, what in the world are you talking about?!

Yarne: Rabbits don’t like getting wet! This place is like a scene from my moistest nightmares!

Inigo: What? That’s news to me. You never seemed to have a problem wading through rivers and seawater in combat.

Yarne: Sure, but that was COLD water! This, though… This is hot! And awful! And I’ll catch a chill as I dry, and then I’ll DIE! … Or worse, I’ll trip and wind up floating in a giant stewpot! Inigo, have you ever heard a story about a rabbit in a stewpot that ended well? Aaah! I can’t do this! I’m gonna wind up boiled and tender and delicious and extinct!

Inigo: Yeesh, Yarne, calm down. It’s nowhere near hot enough to boil someone. Here… See?

Yarne: AAAAAAH! You splashed me! It’s on my fur! It’s hot! I’m melting! It’s all going dark!

Inigo: Wow, you weren’t kidding about not liking to get wet. I’m… impressed? Terrified?

Yarne: YOU’RE terrified?! What about ME?! Now come on, please! Save me from the water!

Inigo: Well, I can’t very well ignore a friend begging me for help… All right, Yarne, sure. I’ll protect you. As long as we’re here, you can count on me to keep you safe and dry.

Yarne: Oh, thank you, Inigo! I don’t care what women everywhere say, you’re the best transtemporal guy I know!

Inigo: … Uh, thanks. I think.

Yarne: Anyway, thanks again! I’m in your hands for the rest of the battle! I hereby dub thee Sir Inigo, Captain of the Yarnesguard!

Inigo: Oookay, then. Heh. Whatever makes you happy, buddy…

Yarne: Eeep! Their sword are dripping with springwater! One swing, and the horrible stuff will come flying at me in a fatal, fur-matting spray!

Inigo: Not on my watch!

Risen: Hrrngh!

Inigo: …Phew. Well? Still dry, buddy?

Yarne: Inigo, you kept your promise! Hah, and to think I was falling over myself wi- …Eeep! F-falling! I’m falling!

Inigo: Yarne, look out!

(SPLASH)

Yarne: NO! Inigooo! If you hadn’t pushed me out of the way, it would have been I that fell in… I’ll never forget you, brave friend!

Inigo: Gah… I’m completely soaked.

Yarne: Um… Are you right?

Inigo: Oh, I’m fine. …Besides, any playboy worth his salt needs to know how to make a splash, am I right?

Yarne: I’m considering my life-debt paid in exchange for ignoring that one… But mostly, I’m sorry… I didn’t think I’d be putting you through quite this much.

Inigo: Aw, don’t worry about it. I made a promise, and I’m happy to keep it. What about you? I didn’t get you when I fell in, did I? You all… all… AhCHOO!

Yarne: Oh no! You’re not coming down with something, are you?

Inigo: I told you I’m fine! I’m plenty fit to keep you safe. After all, that’s my job, right? Captain of the Yarnesguard?

Yarne: Yes, but now you’re shivering. Look, it’s… it0s fine. Forget about guarding me.

Inigo: What? Why? It’s just a tiny chill. Honestly, you’re such a worrywart. I just need to move around a bit. Get the blood moving. See? I already feel b- WhoooAAA! SLIPPING!

Yarne: Inigo!

(SPLASH)

Inigo: NO! Yaaaaaarne!

Yarne: Gaah! It’s over! It’s all ooover! It’s hot and wet and my fur’s all clingy and gross and I’m pretty sure I’m dying!

Inigo: Yarne… I don’t get it. Why did you take the fall for me?

Yarne: I don’t know. I moved without thinking… I guess I felt sort of pathetic depending on you to protect me all the time. No more being a dead weight, though. I’ll protect myself from here on out. I promise.

Inigo: That’s great, but I’m not seeing much point in either of us protecting you now. You’re drenched. … But it is rather amazing you did that for me, given how much you hate the water. So thank you.

Yarne: Heh heh.

Inigo: That said, we’ll both catch colds if we stand around like this. As soon as we’re done here, it’s into a nice, hot bath for the both of us.

Yarne: WHAT? B-but I… That’s not-

Inigo: You’re already as wet as you can get, rabbit. And you need to warm your body. Plus, it’ll be fun. We’ll get all the guys tp join us for a soak. I’ll even help you dry your fur after. Deal?

Yarne: Inigo… All right, deal! I’ll brave the hot springs just for you!

Inigo: Heh. That’s the spirit… Now, back to business!

--

Yarne - Gerome

Yarne: Gah, all this steam! The mugginess is killing me…

Gerome: You’re surrounded by hot springs. Best you resigned yourself to a little humidity. …Hm? What is that?

Yarne: What’s what?

Gerome: Behind you.

Yarne: Behind… GAH?! M-m-monkeys! A whole pack of them! Why are they here?!

Gerome: Seems they’re coming down the mountain in droves. That’s quite the little army forming behind you.

Yarne: Eeep! What are they all crowding around ME for?!

Gerome: Maybe they think you’re one of them?

Yarne: Ugh, RUDE! I’m a bunny, not a monkey!

Gerome: Tell that to the fellow picking through your back hair.

Yarne: That’s back FUR, thank you very- OUCH! Hey, quit tugging, you little flea trap!

Gerome: Quite the scene, really. I don’t suppose I’ve ever seen a monkey groom a rabbit before. It’s rather charming, actually.

Yarne: I’m so thrilled you think so… Now GET THEM OFF ME, GEROME!

Gerome: What? Why? They’re just being friendly.

Yarne: I’ll stick with human friends! And I- ARGH! That REALLY hurts! Stop yanking at my ears, you monster! I need those attached, thank you very- OW!

Gerome: *Sigh* Fine. Hold still a moment.

Yarne: Whew! Thanks, Gero- AHH!

Gerome: Waugh?!

Yarne: it just snatched your mask and ran! Don’t just stand there-after the monkey!

Yarne: Did you see which way that thieving ape ran? I’ve lost sight of him…

Gerome: Not this way, it seems.

Yarne: Don’t see anything over here, either… Wait, how are you wearing your mask?!

Gerome: I keep a spare for emergencies.

Yarne: If you have more than one, why are we still chasing after a stupid monkey?

Gerome: Because. This backup is a pale comparison in quality. The one it stole was bespoke, Yarne. I refuse to cede it to some filthy primate.

Yarne: If you say so… Honestly, I can’t tell the difference looking at the one you’re wearing now.

Gerome: Well, atop. I don’t want anyone looking too closely. The craftsmanship is terrible. More importantly, they’ve obviously accepted you as one of their own. Can’t you use that to get my mask back?

Yarne: Hmm. I don’t really see how… Ah! No, that’s perfect! Take me hostage, Gerome!

Gerome: Then what? We propose a trade? My mask for your life? I’m not convinced monkeys can be negotiated with. They can’t speak, for one.

Yarne: You never know! I hear monkeys are quite smart, actually. We may as well give it a try, right? It’s nothing like we’ve got a better plan.

Gerome: Fair point… I suppose we’ve nothing to lose. … There! That’s the one! He’s still got my mask! Hurry, Yarne! Come here!

Yarne: R-right!

Gerome: All right, listen up, you flea-bitten felons! I’ve taken this monkey prisoner! Return that mask immediately or the big ape gets it!

Yarne: O-oh, no! The horror! Help me, my simian cohorts!

Gerome: Hah! He’s actually bringing it here! I’m not sure whether this prove they’re intelligent or incredibly gullible… That’s it, just a bit closer. Bring it here. … There! Got it!

Yarne: Yes! Our plan’s a brilliant success! … Hm? WAAAUGH! AAAAAAGHK!

Gerome: Yarne!

Yarne: Oww… As soon as he figured out I wasn’t a monkey, the little monster attacked me! Got me right in the face, then ran off..

Gerome: Are you all right? Injuries aside, your idea worked flawlessly. I owe you one, Yarne.

Yarne: Uh… don’t mention it? Whew. I’ll be more than happy to never see another monkey. I thought I was a goner!

Gerome: Apologies…

Yarne: Ah, it’s fine. What are friends for, right? I’m glad you got your mask back.

Gerome: Well, thank you again. I, uh, hope your face heals up soon…

--

Laurent - Inigo

Laurent: Might I have a moment?

Inigo: Hm? Sure. What is it?

Laurent: You wish to become a dancer, do you not?

Inigo: What? H-how did… Where did you hear that?

Laurent: A little bird told me while I was on my daily rounds gathering intelligence around camp. To the extent of my knowledge, male dancer aspirants are quite rare. I am extremely curious to see just what manner of dance you would perform. Might I request a demonstration?

Inigo: Uhh… I think I’ll pass. We’re kind of in the middle of combat here.

Laurent: Indeed. Precisely the circumstances under which your mother dances. If your performance bore a similar effect, it would be a considerable asset in battle. Is that not sufficient cause to try it here and see?

Inigo: yes. Er, no… Whichever means “no, thanks” in this situation. Sorry, but no.

Laurent: Might I ask why not? Is my logic somehow mistaken?

Inigo: No, it’s flawless. As usual. It’s just… I really don’t want to dance in a place like this.

Laurent: A place like… what, precisely? Are there some unfavorable conditions here?

Inigo: Well… yeah. For one, you’re watching me.

Laurent: I see… So my spectating is an invalidating condition. Yet you DO wish to become a dancer, do you not? I’m a bit puzzled as to why a performer would balk at the prospect of an audience.

Inigo: It’s… complicated.

Laurent: I’ve extensive patience and aversion to difficult subjects. I’m all ears, Inigo.

Inigo: It’s just… You know.

Laurent: I’m afraid not, or else I would’n be asking. Now please explain this aversion.

Inigo: It’s EMBARRASSING, all right?!

Laurent: …A concise response, but still inscrutable. Why ought a professional feel embarrassed? This demands further investigation. I’ll not be letting you off the hook so easily, Inigo.

Inigo: Phew … *pant* Good. It looks like I lost Laurent.

Laurent: Have you, now?

Inigo: GAH?!

Laurent: Our little game of tag has ended. Now I believe you were explaining yourself. Why would my watching you make the prospect of dancing here embarrassing?

Inigo: That’s an excellent question. I’ve asked it myself many a time.

Laurent: Then you yourself don’t know the answer? You don’t understand your own thoughts?

Inigo: Yeah. Like I said, it’s… complicated. I want people to watch me dance. I want to make them smile… But I can’t help worrying what’ll happen if I flop. What if everybody laughs at me? Whenever I get the urge to dance, those conflicting voices battle it out in my head. I guess I don’t know which side is right.

Laurent: Ahh. So you’re afraid of getting hurt.

Inigo: …!

Laurent: The paradox is solved?

Inigo: I never thought of it like that until you said so, but… yeah. I guess I am.

Laurent: Anyone would feel wounded if they put their all into something and were mocked for it. One might choose to hide their passions away to ensure that never happens. I can understand the impulse to run and hide behind a shield of bashfulness. But doing so can only stifle those passions and obstruct future growth, Inigo.

Inigo: … …

Laurent: I understand that you’re frightened… But why not begin to share your dance with the rest of us, a little at a time? I can personally assure you our ranks hold none who would belittle your aspirations. I include myself in that count. I support you in your dreams, and I swear never to laugh.

Inigo: Laurent. I don’t… Thank you. I don’t know what to say. Hearing you say that feels amazing. I feel like a weight’s been lifted off me.

Laurent: Excellent. I’m glad to hear it. Now, newly light on your feet, will you share your dance with me?

Inigo: Sure! … Does later work? Let’s do later. Because I’m pretty sure we’ve been totally surrounded while we were talking. I’d do it now, but changes are we’d both be dead before I finished.

Laurent: …Indeed. I’m mortified I didn’t notice sooner. I was lost in conversation.

Inigo: Well, we can pick up where we left off as soon as we’re through with them!

Laurent: I look forward to it!

--

Laurent - Brady

Brady: *Sigh*

Laurent: Something troubling you?

Brady: eh? Oh, no. Just… I ran across a guard a minute ago. He was hurt, so I figured I’d patch him up. But before I got a word in, he took one look at me, screamed, and ran…

Laurent: He thought you were the enemy?

Brady: I guess?

Laurent: A ridiculous affront. You’re a paragon of kindness, constantly caring for others. A jewel among our ranks.

Brady: L-Laurent…

Laurent: Though your face is regrettably… Regrettable.

Brady: Gwaugh!

Laurent: Your menacing mien hardly bespeaks a man of the cloth.

Brady: You think I need you to tell me that?!

Laurent: Truth be told, I overheard some of the locals whispering shortly after we arrived. After seing you, they were convinced they had been beset by barbarian bandits.

Brady: Bandits?! You gotta be kidding me…

Laurent: My apologies. I ought not have put it so bluntly.

Brady: No… It’s fine. Thanks for telling me straight. Guess I’d better start thinking of ways not to scare people off anymore.

Laurent: An admirable pursuit. I wholeheartedly support it.

Brady: Not sure I can really do anything about my mug, though. Hmm… Personality, then?

Laurent: A fellow’s personality can be harder to change than his face in some cases. Why not focus on appearances first?

Brady: We already established I can’t change my face! Whaddya want me to do here?

Laurent: There’s more to a person’s appearances than just his face, Brady.

Brady: Yeah?

Laurent: Absolutely. I shall take the matter under consideration and report back soon.

Brady: All right. Thanks!

Laurent: All right, Brady, let’s see now. If you wish to give a positive impression, you ought first to rectify your posture.

Brady: My posture? I don’t think that’s such a-

Laurent: Tut tut! Stand straight and tall, and you’re sure to present an air of gentle refinement.

Brady: … If you say so. Hnngh… H.how this?

Laurent: My apologies. Please forget everything I’ve said. Return to your usual stance. Quickly.

Brady: What? Why?!

Laurent: The sight of you glaring down at me from above in condescension was traumatizing.

Brady: ¨Sigh* You’re not the first one to say so. I tried to warn you. And besides, I normally hunch over so I can talk to women and kids at their eye level. Saves a lot of crying for everyone involved.

Laurent: How noble! I never suspect such an altruistic-yet-practical reason for slouching. That being the case, I fear there’s little to be gained from altering your posture.

Brady: That’s not all you got, I hope?

Laurent: Perish the thought. What of your tonsorial choices? A spiky haircut suggest a prickly temperament.

Brady: Maybe, but I wanted a style you don’t see much, so I’d be easy or you guys to spot. Course, that means I’m an obvious target for our enemies too… But if I can be easy t o find when my allies need me AND draw fire for ‘em, I’m happy. I’d take that over blending in ad letting friends suffer any day.

Laurent: Inspiring, sir.

Brady: So that’s a no on hairstyle too.

Laurent: So it would seem. I had not realized it was such a deliberate choice. Truly, you are the epitome of a ecclesiast.

Brady: I dunno what that means, but thanks.

Laurent: However, I fear that leaves us with little room to alter your appearance. It would seem that in the end you’re best served by remaining as you are at present.

Brady: What, hated and feared by strangers?

Laurent: Respected and loved by all who know you for who and what you are. I believe it only a matter of time before everyone else realizes your innate goodness.

Brady: Yeah? Huh. When you say stuff like that, somehow it’s weirdly convincing. Well, good, then! I guess I’ll stick with the way I am now. Thanks Laurent!

Laurent: My pleasure.

Brady: All right, you bruise piles! Who wants some of this healing staff action first? Eh? EH?!

Laurent: Erm, Brady? Perhaps just a SLIGHT change in tone might be in order…

Laurent's conversations are very motivationals btw, I like a lot his conversation with Inigo

----

Future Past 2

Brady - Donnel

Donnel: Shuck my corn, is that Brady?!

Brady: Huh? That drawl… Pop?! No, it can’t be. You’re dead! You had better not be a risen, or I… I…

Donnel: Easy now-I ain’t no Risen! But I ain’t your pa, neither. I came here from another world to lend ya a hand.

Brady: Haw? Another world? …Meh, whatever. As long as you’re no Risen. So my pop is still in his grave?

Donnel: Well, now ya done got me worried too, but yeah, as far as I know…

Brady: Whew, that’s a relief. Sometimes dead folks in my world come back with a vengeance, if you get me. Nothing terrifies me more than the thought of bumping into you or Ma. … Anyway, sorry I freaked out on you like that.

Donnel: Poor kid. Ya been through a lot. I shoulda got here sooner and saved ya all that grief by the bridge.

Brady: You saw?

Donnel: Sure did.

Brady: It was really though, Pop… *gulp* Leavin’ em like that… Runnin’ away… But the world needs the Gemstones… *sniff* I had no choice…

Donnel: I know it’s gotta hurt. A kind kid like yourself shouldn’t have to make such tough decisions. Ya done good, Brady. Ya done real good.

Brady: Thanks…

Donnel: But ya know what comes next, don’t ya? Ya know what ya gotta do?

Brady: Uh-huh…

Donnel: Well, don’t you worry. I didn’t come all this way to let ya down, Son. I’ll fight off them Risen. You dry yer eyes and hurry on back to

Ylisstol!

Brady: I will. *sniff* It was good to see you, Pop. I’ll make you real proud-I promise! And I promise I’ll do my part!

----

So lucky that the last support I had left for Maribelle was Donnel, so I'm on it right now xD, plus I took videos of Gerome's conversations in Hot-Spring Scramble for a friend a few days ago...

... Btw, if nobody does Brady - Vaike until tomorrow, maybe I can do that one too

----

Future Past 2

Brady - Vaike

Vaike: Hah! Is that a Brady? I think it's a Brady!

Brady: Pop?! How the hell...

Vaike: The Vaike has crossed over from another world to save your bacon! I'm not the same man as your father... but I'm possibly more impressive.

Brady: Another world? I hope you don't mean THAT world. Tell me you're alive and not some Risen.

Vaike: Are you kiddin'? Would some sack of flesh have muscles like this? Come on, now. So when do you and me get to bash some undead heads in as a team?

Brady: ... ...

Vaike: Somethin' wrong?

Brady: No, it's just... You're all talk, Pop. You know I don't have your strength or skill with weapons. My friends usually protect me, not the other way around.

Vaike: Yeah, the Vaike witnessed that little incident at the bridge.

Brady: I was afraid of that. The Vaike would never abandon his friends, would he?

Vaike: You abandoned them? ... Is that what ya did?

Brady: I... uh...

Vaike: Or did you SAVE THE WORLD by keepin' the Gemstones safe? ...Teach may have to grade harshly based on how you answer.

Brady: I didn't abandon them. But still...

Vaike: Blah blah blah. You did the right thing! Time to move past it. The real difference between you and the Vaike has nothin' to do with strength. It's the fact that you're always blubberin' like a baby.

Brady: I don't b-b-b-blubber! *sniff* I'm instrospective, damn it!

Vaike: Heh heh. I'm just givin' ya a hard time. And anyway, you inherited the best parts of Maribelle and yours truly. Like the way you talk.

Brady: I definitely didn't get that part from Ma...

Vaike: Now how about we snap a few Risen in two and get ya on our way?

Brady: You really want to team up with me?

Vaike: The Vaike only picks winners!

Edited by SniperGYS

[spoiler=Vaike>Kjelle]

Vaike: Well, if it isn't Kjelle! Looks like you're still in one piece!

Kjelle: F-Father?! What devilry is this?! This can't be happening!

Vaike: What, ' cause your old man's dead, ya mean? Har! Don't sweat it, kid. I ain't a ghost! This Vaike is from another world! I hotfooted it across the Outrealms just to save your hide! You can thank me later.

Kjelle: You're...my father from another world? You're really him... *sob*

Vaike: Uh...what's with the cryin'? Ain't ya happy to see me? Relax, kid, Teach here's gonna protect ya, so no more waterworks, all right?

Kjelle: *Sob* I...I'm sorry, Dad... It's just... I was just about to give up... The one thing you told me never to do! I was going to abandon this world... Abandon my friends! I'm so sorry! *sob*

Vaike: Heeey... take it easy, squirt! You're still alive, ain't ya? All ya gotta do is buck up and get those Gemstones back to Ylisse. Easy peasy! Now, the Vaike can't stay forever, but he can help ya out for a little while. Long enough to make sure you emerge from this mess victorious, at least. And long enough to remind ya that the Vaike's daughter is no quitter! Right?!

Kjelle: Yes...you're right. I won't let myself lose. And I won't ever think about quitting again! I'll keep on fighting until this world's been saved and peace restored!

Vaike: That's my girl! Now clean that pretty face of yours and let's get goin'!

Kjelle: Yes, sir!

Edited by Levant Fortner

I have both Noire > Kjelle and Nah > Kjelle right here. Transcript comes from an Australian copy.

Hot Spring Scramble

Noire > Kjelle

Noire

Nrgh… This steam… Every breath I draw is like… Like fire in my lungs… But, no… Need to…get used to it. Need to…be able to adapt to any conditions… I can’t continue to be so frail, or I’ll never be able to keep up… This is training, Noire… You just need to hold out…a little longer… *huff* Just…*pant*…a little… …Aah!

Kjelle

Noire?!

Noire

Ngh… Hmm?

Kjelle

Noire, are you alright?!

Noire

Kjelle? When did you…?

Kjelle

You looked unsteady, so I came over to check on you. And sure enough, you passed out for a second there.

Noire

And…you caught me?

Kjelle

Huh? Er, yeah. I suppose I did…

Noire

Wow, saved by Kjelle…

Kjelle

Why do you say it like it’s such a shock?

Noire

No, I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry. It’s no shock. Just…a pleasant surprise. It’s just not an everyday occurrence.

Kjelle

That’s not true at all! I’m always… Well, sometimes… All right, rarely… So maybe I haven’t ever helped you before, but that wasn’t intentional. I mean, we ARE allies, after all…

Noire

We are. And I thank you.

Kjelle

A-anyway! We should get you some fresh air. Can you stand?

Noire

I think so… But could I lean on you for the first few steps?

Kjelle

Of course.

Kjelle > Noire

Kjelle

Feeling any better, Noire?

Noire

Much better. Thanks to you. If you haven’t been there, I might have died…

Kjelle

That’s a bit of a stretch. You can drown in a bathtub if you try really hard, but drowning in steam… That would take a special kind of talent.

Noire

I know… I’m absolutely useless.

Kjelle

I didn’t say that.

Noire

It’s all right. You don’t have to feel bad… I’m well aware of it.

Kjelle

……You really are a pain.

Noire

Huh?

Kjelle

To be honest, I’ve never really known how to deal with you.

Noire

B-but Kjelle…

Kjelle

You’re all sickly and frail, but you’ve got a wild temper too. Even back in the future, I always kept my distance.

Noire

I… I’m sorry. I didn’t-

Kjelle

But my opinion is starting to change. Since we came here, I’ve had a lot more chances to fight alongside you. I’m starting to get a better picture.

Noire

Oh…?

Kjelle

How long were you in that steam for? You were training, all on your own. Right? You’d already been at it a while when I first saw you, and you kept it up for a long time. Frankly, I’m surprised you didn’t pass out a lot sooner.

Noire

You were watching me that whole time?

Kjelle

Well, I just happened to walk by. I saw you and wondered how long you’d last… Anyway, it was crazy to put yourself through that without working up to it gradually. It was more like self-flagellation than self-improvement…

Noire

Y-you may be right… I’m sorry.

Kjelle

Which is why I’m going to be spotting you when you train from now on.

Noire

Spotting… You mean you’ll train together with me? Really?

Kjelle

How could I not, after watching you half steam-bake yourself? Besides, after all those years spent avoiding you, I need to make up for lost time. I’d like to get to know you better.

Noire

I’m…I’m really happy to hear that. I’d like to get to know you too. So maybe… Maybe we could chat sometime. Wh-while we’re training…

Kjelle

Just as long as it doesn’t distract us from our regimen, I’m game.

Noire

Ha ha, you have a deal… Thank you Kjelle.

Nah > Kjelle

Kjelle

So this is a hot spring eh? I didn’t really know what to expect. We didn’t exactly have the chance to see any growing up, you know?

Nah

Um, actually…

Kjelle

Hm? What, you did? Really? Back in our time?

Nah

Yes. Well, yes and no. I did visit one. Just once…

Kjelle

Well, I never. I wouldn’t have thought that we still had anything like that left. I’m envious.

Nah

Well, Don’t be. It’s…not a very happy memory.

Kjelle

Oh? Do you mind if I ask what happened?

Nah

I was escorting a group in charge of procuring weapons. We passed by a mountain village built around a hot spring. We wanted to stay, but our mission had to come first, so we pressed on…

Kjelle

……

Nah

Along the way, we talked about how fun it would be to stop by on the way home. …But when we passed by again, the village was nothing but splinters and ash.

Kjelle

Risen?

Nah

Yes… There was a kind old lady at the inn who gave us lunch when we passed through. But when we came back, the place was a burnt-out shell… She was gone. They were all gone… Every one of them… *sniff*

Kjelle

I get it, Nah. You don’t have to say another word.

Nah

And… Being here now, I can’t help but remember… *hic* *sob*!

Kjelle

Nah… You’ll just have to use this opportunity to rewrite those sad memories.

Nah

…Rewrite them?

Kjelle

Yeah. The Risen have come to this hot spring too. Left alone, they’d raze the place, just like they did to the town you saw.

Nah

……

Kjelle

But we’re not going to let them do that, are we? We’ll wipe the floor with them, and enjoy a nice leisurely bath afterwards!

Nah

Kjelle… Okay. This time, I’m not letting them drive anyone off. No losing anybody else!

Kjelle

That’s the spirit!

Kjelle > Nah

Kjelle

How are you holding up, Nah?

Nah

I feel unstoppable! They’re not laying one dead finger on these baths while I’m here!

Kjelle

Heh. It’s hard to believe you were crying just a little while ago. Just don’t get carried away and damage the springs yourself, you little spitfire.

Nah

Just leave it to me!

Kjelle

You’ve really laid the past to rest, haven’t you? It’s admirable… I’d better buckle down and get serious if I don’t want to get shown up!

Nah

For someone who’s been fighting like a demon, that seems like an odd thing to say!

Kjelle

Heh, you flatter me. Still, I’m afraid I just can’t compete with a manakete for raw power.

Nah

Hee hee, now who’s flattering who?

Kjelle

Would you say that’s a manakete’s greatest strength? Their overwhelming strength?

Nah

Hmm, I think it’s the defensive power we gain when using the Dragonstone+.

Kjelle

Interesting. I like to think I’m on the tough side myself, but I can’t compete with you there either.

Nah

You don’t have to, silly! It isn’t a competition, Kjelle. We’re allies! We can both protect each other!

Kjelle

…You’re amazing, Nah. Pure and strong and kind. That may truly be your greatest strength…

Nah

Hm? Did you say something?

Kjelle

N-no… Not me. Now come, Nah! Let’s finish these weaklings off!

Nah

Right!

Nah

Hmm, I think its the defensive power we gain when using the Dragonstone+.

NA version:

Nah

Hmm, I think it's the defensive power we gain when using a true dragonstone.

The Dragonstone+ is called a "true dragonstone" in the Japanese version, right? Would this count as a fail on NA's behalf? Seeing "Dragonstone+" in dialogue is rather weird...

Boy oh boy, there are quite a few differences. o_o Nothing too significant, though. Mostly it's just sentence structure or different phrases that mean the same thing. They really went all-out in the script for the PAL version~

Edited by Tsamimi

Did Future Past a little while ago with my fun run. I have Libra!Kjelle transcribed on Notepad and it looks like it's still needed, so I can post it.

Kjelle: F-Father? Is that you? Can it truly be?!

Libra: Ah, my dear Kjelle. You are safe. I am grateful that the gods saw fit to spare my daughter from the ravages of this world.

Kjelle: Oh, Father... I've missed you so! *sob*

Libra: But I must question why the gods saw fit to assign this task to me... To abandon my daughter to this forsaken world so shortly after being reunited... It is unconscionable. Am I even capable of so cruel a deed?

Kjelle: Father...?

Libra: Forgive me, child. But I am not your true father. Truth be told, I have traveled here from another world. A world to which I fear I must return once I have laid your foes to rest...

Kjelle: Another world... That explains it. I knew my father couldn't still be alive... He left us many years ago. But that doesn't change how I feel. Just talking to you now fills me with new hope. If you could just help me get through this, I swear to finish the fight when you're gone. Will you do that one thing for me? ... Before you go away again?

Libra: Of course I will, Kjelle. And may I say that your strength and courage are a joy to behold. To think that one such as I could have played a part in raising you! May the gods grant you every blessing along the difficult road ahead.

Kjelle: Thank you, Father. And may the gods bless you on your journey as well.

Also, here's Ricken!Owain.

Ricken: Aaagh! I'm gonna fall off the cliff!

Owain: Hup! ...Whew, I've got you! ...What are you doing here, you idiot? This is a battlefield!

Ricken: Oof... That was close. Thanks... Huh? Owain?!

Owain: How does a little kid like you know my name?

Ricken: I'm n-not a kid! That is no way to talk to your father!

Owain: Hah! "Father"? Did you hit your head? My father died years ago! I don't know how you got here, but you need to leave before you get hurt. This is no time for practical jokes, kid.

Ricken: Would you stop calling me "kid"?! My name is Ricken. I came here from another world to help you. I know I don't look like the father you lost, but you have to believe me. ...Wait! I know! That sword you're carrying. The inscription on the hilt reads, "May the road you walk be filled with hope." ...Right?

Owain: ...Y-yes! How do you know that?!

Ricken: Heh heh. Lissa and I agreed that when we had our first son, we'd give you a sword. We promised we'd forge it with exactly that inscription. I guess we really did go through with it!

Owain: Then you really are my father... when he was young?

Ricken: In my world, yes. I know I may not look as touch as your Ricken, but still. A few ragtag Risen like these are no problem for me. Let me lend you your strength. I want to be here for you.

Owain: Thank you, Father. I never expected to be reunited with you like THIS... I'm sorry I doubted you.

Ricken: It's all right. We've cleared up the misunderstanding. Now let's work on making that inscription hold true. What do you say?

Edited by HeoandReo

Future Past 2

Owain - Kellam

Owain: Who goes there? I sense no ill intent... But if you're not one of the Risen, how did you slip through their ranks?!

Kellam: You might say going undetected is a special talent of mine.

Owain:*Gasp* Father, can it be you?

Kellam: Well, no. I'm not really your father, strictly speaking... I'm more like a different Kellam from another world.

Owain: Another world?... But how?! Such wizardry should be impossible... And yet it has to be you, Father. See? When i squint like this... You sort of fade into the background...

Kellam: Ha ha ha. Ouch...

Owain: You know, i take after you. I don't really stand out.

Kellam: Really? You seem pretty ´´there´´ at the moment.

Owain: At the moment, maybe. But if i don't keep talking, the others basically forget i'm around.

Kellam: Hmm... That does sound hereditary. Sorry.

Owain: Oh, don't apologize. If anything, it's been a boon. In battle i can easily sneak up on foes as long as i stay silent. Then... When the moment is right...

I SHOUT SOMETHING EPIC! And they jump out of their skinsjust long enough for me to smite them.... I call it the Owainian Victory Strike.

Kellam: Sounds like something i should try! Now stay behind me. i've come here to protect you, after all.

Owain: What? But, Father-

Kellam: I know what you are going to say, Owain. You're afraid you might lose me again. Well, don't worry. I'm not about to see my son hurt twice like that

Owain:......

Kellam: You don't believe me?

Owain: No, i do. I Know my father wouldn't lie. Not my real father, and not you.

Kellam: Then that settles it. Right?

Owain: All right, Father. Let's scatter these feeble maggots... as a team! Ylisstol awaits her hero's return!

Kellam: That's the spirit. You can count on me!

Edit 1 : added Noire-Stahl and Noire-Ricken from FP 1

Future Past 1

Noire - Stahl

Stahl: Noire! Noire,it's you, isn't it?

Noire: Huh?! F-Father?! But... but you can't possibly be!

Stahl: I know this must sound crazy, but... I'm a different Stahl. From another world.

Noire: Another world...?

Stahl: That's right. So thechnically I'm not really YOUR father. But to me, you're still my daughter, and I'll do anything I can to help you. I can't stay long, so come with me, and let's fight our way out of here together!

Noire: Wait, but... how do i knowit's really you? Can you show me some proof?

Stahl: P-proof?! What am I supposed to show you? i don't have a birthmark or any special talents or anything, really. I'm just a regular guy...

Noire:......

Stahl: Hmm... Proof of who I am... Maybe my chronic bed head? No... Boy I'm really stuck here...

Noire: F-Father... it really is you, isn't it?

Stahl: Huh? What did I say?

Noire: Hee Hee. It's not what you said. It's that look on your face... You always did get so flustered over things like this.

Stahl: I-I did? Uh, well... that's good, i think? it's not like I had any better ideas...

Noire: Plus, I've always had terrible bed head too. it's got a mind of it's own, just like yours! I remember how long you used to spend combing it out for me every morning... Oh, Father.. I'm so glad to see you. Even if it's only for a little while...

Stahl: i'm glad too. And.. thanks for believing me. You did great, holding out for so long without a weapon. Let me step in and look out for you now. Together we can get through this.

Noire: Of course. And thank you ... Thank you for coming to save me.

Noire - Ricken (FP 1)

Ricken: Noire! I'm so glad I made it in time! You go hide somewhere safe, okay? I'll take care of things here!

Noire: Uh... And you are...?

Ricken: Huh? You don't recognize me? I'm Ricken-your father! i've comefrom another world to save you!

Noire: What? My father?! How can that be? You're just a boy!

Ricken: Aw, man, not you too! Uh, I mean... Well, yes, i may look a little young... and maybe the me of this world was... I don't know... older looking, but...

Noire:......

Ricken: Oh, never mind... There's no way you'll ever believe me, anyway. But that's okay. All that matters is that i am here to protect you. Besides, even if I did convince you, I still have to go straight back to my world... So just watch and learn, okay? This is how real men do battle!

(Ricken leaves)

Noire: W-wait!

(Ricken enters)

Ricken: What is it?

Noire: I don't know... I just have this feeling. I don't want you to go... You do sort of look like my father... And he always did go on about how manly he was... So... maybe I do believe you. If so, do you think you could help me get out of here?... Father?

Ricken: Oh, Noire... I mean *ahem*... Yes! Yes, of course I can! Just sit back and let your big, brave dad take care of all these mean ol' Risen!

Noire: Hee hee... Thanks!

Edit2: added Lon'qu-Kjelle FP1

Lon'qu-Kjelle (FP 1)

Lon'qu: Kjelle...?

Kjelle: That voice... Father? Father, is that you?!

Lon'qu: Kjelle... It's good to see you alive. Quite a feat for a disarmed warrior.

Kjelle: It's good to see I'M alive?! Father- I though you were dead!

Lon'qu: Ah. No... I'm not your father. I came here through the Outrealms.

Kjelle: The Outrealms?! Ugh... for a moment there, I allowed myself to believe you were really him...

Lon'qu: I'm afraid not. I hail from another world. I didn't mean to give you false hope.

Kjelle: Oh... Of course not. I did wonder why you looked so young... But even if you are from another world. I know you're still my father. I sense the same warmth of spirit buried under all that coldness. My father couldn't bear to be near women, but he treated me with kindness, as you did. That has to mean something.

Lon'qu: Make of it what you will.

Kjelle: I already have. So would you be willing to do your daughter from another world a favor?

Lon'qu: If you are about to ask me to help you win this battle, save your breath. That's precisely why we're here.

Kjelle:...Perfect. Thank you, Father

Edited by Poctiboro

• 3 weeks later...

Question, did anyone ever get Say'ri's specific conversation with Cervantes at the Mila tree?

Because she DOES have one with him... I'm just sure it was changed in the localization because his gimmick was him saying "hair", everyone else says "but you don't have any" and then he says "My face! My beard!" instead of just outright "my beard".

At least the main script on the site doesn't state he has a specific conversation with him.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 1 month later...