DLC Conversation/Script Thread

pichupal

Oh hey, I finally got the new DLC. Here's Laurent/Avatar.

Robin: Laurent, you're alive!

Laurent: I-it can't be... Father?

Robin: Not quite. I come from another world. I'm afraid I'm not the same as the Robin you knew.

Laurent: But...how...

Robin: It doesn't matter. To me, you are a son. Perhaps I haven't the right, but... I have come here to protect you for as long as Naga's power allows. I wish I could have done more, and sooner. I am sorry...

Laurent: Sorry? I'm the one who ought to apologize, Father.

Robin: What? Why?

Laurent: You were my hero--a master of strategy, a giant on the battlefield. You were a kind and generous friend who saw your army through the hardest of times.

Robin: I'm just a man, Laurent...

Laurent: You were more than that to me. You were something to aspire to. And so I have fought tirelessly to try to wrest my home from the jaws of Grima... But all was for naught? You see? Here we stand on the brink. I have allowed my family and friends and countless more Ylisseans to perish. I am an inefficacious, worthless man--nothing at all like you. I have dishonored all you achieved by failing to save the world you loved.

Robin: Laurent, I... I never meant for my actions to become the lash that drives you toward unhappiness. But I think you have done magnificently. As well as I--if not better!

Laurent: Don't fool yourself.

Robin: When I look around, I don't see the world of ruin you do. I see a world of hope. A world that should have already perished but survives by your courageous efforts. And now those efforts are about to turn the tides. You have accomplished everything that I could not.

Laurent: Father, I... Thank you. ...Thank you. You c-can't know how much it means to me to hear you say that...

Robin: We're almost there, son. A peaceful future lies just around the bend. Fight with me now. Together we will save this world once and for all!

Laurent: ...Right!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Yarne > Libra is unclaimed.

Might as well post it :D

[spoiler="Yarne > Libra | Future Past 2]

Libra

Yarne! Thank the gods!

I thought I had lost you.

Yarne

F-Father?! But how can...

Libra

I'm not your real father, Yarne. I hail from another world.

When we heard you were in danger, my friends and I came to help.

I'm glad you've kept yourself alive, though I don't know how you managed.

The gods must love you as much as I do.

Yarne

I doubt that.

Libra

What do you mean?

Yarne

I left my friends to die back there.

I doubt the gods would approve, even if it was so I could complete my mission...

They ought to strike me down where I stand!

Libra

Wha-? Yarne!

Yarne

This is all wrong... I'd rather be extinct than l-lose my friends... *Sniff* *sob*

Libra

Hmph. Well, I'll tell you this.

Even if the gods abandon you, you will always have me on your side.

I promise you that.

Yarne

...Really?

Libra

You didn't leave your friends to die. You honored their wishes.

I think that's commendable, regardless of what the higher powers might say.

And if they have a problem with that, they can take it up with me!

Yarne

Thank you.

Libra

Now don't ever let me hear you say you want to be extinct again.

Is that what the Libra of this world died for? I think not.

Yarne

*Sniff* You're right. I'm sorry.

You and Mother gave me a second chance. I won't waste it.

Libra

Good.

Now off you go, Yarne.

Honor your friends by finishing your mission!

Yarne

All right. I will.

Thank you, Father!

Edited by Fairlee

Here's Yarne's Enter Battle quote for Hot Springs Scramble:

Yarne

Bwaaah! A R-Risen just emerged from the stream! Here I thought I'd finally get a nice quiet day to relax and enjoy myself... L-Look, I'm afraid I may slip and drown, so can we fight this out nice and slow?

Edit: Also, here's the conversation between Avatar (spouse) and Severa in Hot Springs Scramble. (I'd put my name down, but I don't think people would like that. >_>):

[spoiler=Avatar (spouse) > Severa]

Severa: Just look at the size of these baths! You could swim laps in this one! Ooh, and that one says its waters work wonders for dry skin! I need to be in these springs, Robin. Now!

Robin: Heh. Let's hurry up and be rid of these Risen. Then you can go soak all you like.

Severa: Ugh, must you say it like that?!

Robin: Like what?! Did I mess up again?

Severa: Yes, you messed up again! "Go soak all you like"? What, are you just gonna send me off to the bath alone? Is that any way for a man to speak to his loving, caring WIFE?!

Robin: Huh?! B-but if I'd said I wanted to go in with you, you'd have been even MADDER!

Severa: Well, yeah. I would have. Still, it was inconsiderate and rude, and I don't appreciate it!

Robin: Sorry, dear...

Severa: *blushes* I mean, it's not like we're liable to visit a place like this again in the near future... This is basically our honeymoon!

Robin: *blushes* Our WHAT?!

Severa: Isn't it?

Robin: *blush disappears* Uh...maybe? I guess? If you say so? S-sure, Severa. It's a wonderful setting. Let's have a great time.

Severa: That's more like it.

Robin: Whew... You're not mad anymore...

Severa: *blush disappears* All right, then. I leave all the post-combat activity planning in your hands!

Robin: ...Buh?

Severa: Don't "buh" me, buster! You're in charge! That's what you do. You plan things. And I want an unforgettable honeymoon.

Robin: That's not really my area of expertise... Wait, but if I come up with a plan, does that mean you'll follow it? *blushes* Because in that case-

Severa: Mixed baths are off the table.

Robin: *blush disappears* Worst honeymoon ever...

Severa: Let me be perfectly clear, darling. You're planning OUR honeymoon. Not yours. So I'm looking forward to all your brilliant ideas for how I - your wife - can have fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some undead stragglers to thrash!

*Severa disappears*

Robin: Ugh... She makes planning a war sound fun...

[spoiler=Severa > Avatar (spouse)]

Severa: Ahh, there you are, darling. So how goes the planning?

Robin: Sorry. I haven't really had the chance to think on it, given the circumstances...

Severa: Well, I suppose that's understandable. I'll be back to check in on you soon, then. ...Hm? What are those papers you've got? Drafting up some new tactics for us?

Robin: Ah! N-no, those aren't-

Severa: Hmm, let's see... Ooh, there's quite the variety here. We've got trips to the souvenir shops, long walks through the foliage, stargazing! "Note: remember that it's snowing outside. Bring a coat and a hot drink for Severa." Aww, look at all this!

Robin: ...All right, so I jotted a few ideas down between all the fighting for my life. It's not done, though. I wanted to wait till it was before I showed you...

Severa: ......

Robin: Severa?

Severa: *blushes* *Sniff* Waaaaaah! *sob*

Robin: Ack?! Wh-what, you don't like it? I'll keep thinking, then! Don't cry!

Severa: No, you idiot, I'm happy! I knew you cared, but... *sniff* I never knew you cared this much...

Robin: What?! You're in tears because I said I'd go souvenir shopping? Just how little did you think I cared before?!

Severa: It's not like that, you big dummy! You're our tactician. All of ours. I'm not used to thinking of you as just mine... I know you're busy, and I know it can't be helped, but...it gets lonely sometimes. And then today, you thought of all these ways to spend time with just me, and I...

Robin: I'm sorry, Severa. I never meant to neglect you...

Severa: You haven't. You've been amazing. I'm just jealous, I suppose... I know you do what you do for all of us, Robin. We're all lucky to have you.

Robin: Severa...

Severa: And I went and burdened you with thinking up silly vacation plans! I'm such a child...

Robin: *blushes* ...... Hold still a minute.

Severa: *blush disappears* Huh? *blushes again* ...Mmmph?!

Robin: ......

Severa: Wh-what in the world are you thinking?! This is no place to be k-kissing!

Robin: It's your fault. You were too adorable.

Severa: A-adorable?! Don't even TRY that!

Robin: It's the truth. I just have to live with the fact that I have the world's most gorgeous bride.

Severa: ...Prettier than my mother?

Robin: What?! Uh, can we leave your mom out of this? Please? But yes. Cordelia is a lovely woman, but I'm afraid you win. She outdid herself with you.

Severa: *blush disappears* ...Hee hee. Then I suppose I can let it slide this once. But fair is fair, and I have no intention of letting you get away with it for free. There's a leaf in your hair, dear.

Robin: *blush disappears* What? Where...? *blushes again* Mmmnffg?!

Severa: *blushes* ......

Robin: Severa, that- Wow...what was that?!

Severa: Gee, I wonder. Perhaps a falling leaf grazed your lips?

Robin: A leaf with a tongue?

Severa: What, you're complaining?! Anyway, we have a battle to fight! Wipe that dopey grin off your face, and get back to the front lines! ...And hurry it up, or the souvenir shops will be closed.

Robin: *blush disappears* Those plans work for you, then?

Severa: I suppose after you took the time to draft them up, the least I can do is humor you! Once I've had a nice soak and some dinner, I... I'll be waiting for you. ...Don't be late.

Robin: *blushes* I'll be there.

Severa: Good. I'm counting on you. ...And I'm looking forward to it. Probably more than anything in my life up till now. I know that's not saying much, given the way things were in the future, but... Being in a place this amazing, with a person this amazing... I've never known happiness like this before. So thank you, Robin. ...I love you.

Edited by Zeem

[spoiler=Nah/Henry]Nah
You look familiar somehow... Wait—are you my father?

Henry
Oh! You're this world's Nah! That's pretty wild.

Nah
But...aren't you supposed to be dead? Is this some sort of curse?

Henry
Nope! Not a curse! Good guess, though. I actually came from a whole other world just to rescue you! So I'm exactly like your father...except I'm completely different. Nya ha! Crazy, huh?

Nah
So you're my father...from another world?

Henry
Uh-huh!

Nah
Then there's something I want to say to you, since I can't say it to my real father.

Henry
Ooh! What's that?

Nah
Long ago, when you proposed to Mother, what was it you promised her? You said you'd make manakete children so she'd never have to be alone again, right?

Henry
Well, it wasn't all that long ago for me, but yup, that was pretty much it.

Nah
But in the end, Mother died...

Henry
And now you're the one who's all alone? Is that what you're saying?

Nah
No. Completely the opposite, in fact. Mother is gone, but I have lots of friends. Loyal friends who fight at my side. So you don't need to worry about me. I'm doing well. I'm not lonely. I just wanted you to know that.

Henry
Well, well. I see you've grown up to be a strong girl after all. I think the me of this world would be relieved to know that. In fact, since we're basically the same person, I'm sure of it! Ha!

Nah
I'm happy to hear that. Thanks for listening to what I had to say.

Henry
Sure. Now, unless there's anything else you need, you'd best go somewhere safe. I'm gonna mop up the rest of these Risen, and things are about to get gooey!

Nah
Thank you, Father. It meant a lot to me that you came to my rescue like this. I guess Naga really does perform miracles...

[spoiler=Kjelle/Ricken]Ricken
Kjelle! Thank goodness you're okay!

Kjelle
Huh? Who are you?

Ricken
It's me! Ricken! ...Your father? Don't tell me you've forgotten!

Kjelle
What do you take me for? An idiot? My father died years ago! And he certainly wasn't some scrawny child—he was tall and strapping! I'll admit your face does resemble his quite a bit... All right, quite a lot. But you can't really be him. ...Right?

Ricken
Actually, I can! And what's more, I AM! Well, kind of. I'm a Ricken from another world, and I've been sent here to help you out!

Kjelle
But...why do you look so young?

Ricken
Um...yeah, sorry about that... I know I must not look like much to you. Our world is still at a slightly earlier point in time than this one.

Kjelle
I see... Then I owe you an apology. I'm sorry I doubted you.

Ricken
Oh, don't worry about it! It is a lot to wrap your head around. By the way...you mentioned that in this world I was a lot bigger... I believe your exact words were "tall and strapping"? ...I guess that means I'm gonna grow up to be a pretty impressive man, huh?

Kjelle
Absolutely! My father was as broad of shoulder as he was warm of heart.

Ricken
No way! That's awesome! Wow, I feel like twice the man already... This is really encouraging! I know I don't inspire much confidence yet, but I can more than hold my own in battle! Trust me, I'm tougher than I look. Prepare to be amazed by what you dad can do!

Kjelle
I'm looking forward to it. Thanks...Father!

[spoiler=Noire/Frederick]Frederick
You must be the Noire of this world.

Noire
What?! F-Father?! How can you possibly be...?

Frederick
I am not the Frederick you knew. I've traveled here from another world. Naga's powers allowed us to come here to save you. But we have precious little time.

Noire
Wait... You're from...another world?

Frederick
It's a difficult story to believe, to be sure. But I promise you I speak the truth. If I may be so bold...might I ask how the me of this world died?

Noire
Um... Well... H-he sacrificed himself so that the women and children of a town could flee the Risen. They say he fought against impossible odds to save as many people as he could.

Frederick
...I see.

Noire
When he died, Mother went completely berserk, even by her standards. She vowed to hunt down and kill every one of the Risen that had attacked him. It was an impossible task, but she persisted, her fury never wavering. And she joined him in the afterlife not long after...

Frederick
What a pitiful end. I would have expected better from myself. Causing my family such sorrow... Spurring my wife on to a futile quest for vengeance... And leaving my precious daughter all alone in the world.

Noire
No. My father was a hero who fought and died for what he believed in. There was nothing pitiful about him.

Frederick
...Forgive me. He and I are not the same, after all. I had no right to speak ill of him.

Noire

Frederick
And you're right—it's hardly a pitiful end. In fact, he must have died a happy man. Knowing that his memory would be honored by such a loving, faithful daughter...

Noire
Father...

Frederick
I doubt he would have regretted what he did to save those villagers. But I am sure his desire to protect his wife and daughter was strongest of all. To protect you in his stead, even for just this battle, would be the highest honor.

Noire
Oh, Father... *sob* To hear you say that... *Sniff* It means everything to me... Thank you.

[spoiler=Owain/Stahl]Stahl
Owain! You're safe!

Owain
...Father?! But that's impossible! My father died protecting me!

Stahl
Yes. Your father did... But he and I are two different people. I'm from another world. With Naga's help, I came here to keep you safe.

Owain
I see... That explains why you look so young. But I can see you're still a seasoned fighter, just like my real father was.

Stahl
I can think of nothing more flattering than to hear that from you, Owain.

Owain
You may not be my real father, but I'm still really happy to see y— Nngh! Ahh...

Stahl
Owain! Are you injured?! Let me see...

Owain
No, I'm fine. It's just...seeing you took me out of the battle, and now my stomach...

Stahl
Huh?

Owain
The pressure of one crisis after another... It gets to me. I'm fine in the heat of battle—but as soon as things calm down, I get stomach pains.

Stahl
You too? My stomach goes haywire all the time. Sorry... That's the last thing I wanted to pass down the family tree...

Owain
Well, if it's something we have in common, then I'm glad my stomach hurts. And to be honest, talking to you like this makes me feel a little better. I'll be all right, so go find someplace safe to hide!

Stahl
Owain, I could never walk away from my own son when he needs me most. Let's fight together. We'll clear this battlefield of Risen in no time! You're not going to tell me I came all the way from another world for nothing!

Owain
Are you sure?

Stahl
You're not the only one who needs to get his mind off his stomach.

Owain
Ooh... Don't bring that up again. ...All right, Father! You win! Let's run those Risen through!

Stahl
Heh. I'll race you.

[spoiler=Severa/Donnel]Donnel
Is that you, Severa? Gosh, you're safe! Hooey... My heart's been in my throat since the moment I done got here!

Severa
"Hooey"? ...Daddy, is that you?

Donnel
Hmm... So the other me never managed to kick his accent either.

Severa
What other you?

Donnel
Oh. Well, ya see, I'm not the Donny you're thinkin' of. I came here from another world to lend ya a hand!

Severa
And you're my daddy in that world too.

Donnel
So ya believe me!

Severa
I don't see any reason you'd be lying. But I don't need your help, so you can march right back home.

Donnel
Haw?!

Severa
You've got more important people in your life back in your own world. I don't want to get you killed here. All right? Good. So long!

Donnel
Well, that's mighty sweet'a ya to worry 'bout me. I reckon I'm pretty lucky to have such a carin' daughter. Both of me are pretty lucky, actually! But ya see, that's all the more reason for me to want to keep ya safe.

Severa
Did you hear a word I said? If you die here, you'll be abandoning everyone you left in your own world!

Donnel
Well, then it's a good thing I'm tough! Maybe even tougher than the pa ya knew. We'll just see who kicks the bucket this time!

Severa
Daddy, you are so...dumb. But I love you for it.

Donnel
Aw, I love ya too, sweetheart.

Severa
It turns out I'm pretty tough too. I bet I could snap the Severa you know like a twig! So you'd better not have any ideas about stealing all the glory.

Donnel
Ha ha! That's my baby girl!

[spoiler=Laurent/Gaius]Gaius
Laurent! It's good to see you still breathing.

Laurent
Huh? Father?!

Gaius
Not quite. I'm not really part of this world, see. I traveled here from another world. So I'm Gaius...but not the Gaius you were hoping for. ...Sorry.

Laurent
I see...

Gaius
For what it's worth, though, I'm here to help you and your friends. My skills are at your disposal. I'll hold the Risen off while you recover your strength.

Laurent
Can I ask you something first?

Gaius
Hm? What's on your mind?

Laurent
In this world, my father died protecting me. Would you do the same thing as him?

Gaius

Laurent
I want an answer.

Gaius
I guess...I wouldn't.

Laurent
Oh...

Laurent
I can't tell if you're happy or disappointed. But listen... I don't have any intention of abandoning you. I just intend to look out for myself while I look out for you.

Laurent
I'm sorry?

Gaius
I don't want to watch you die, but I also don't relish the idea of dying in your place. So I guess I'll just have to word twice as hard. Happy?

Laurent
Father, I... *Sniff*

Gaius
What's gotten into you now?

Laurent
I...I... Nothing, I j-just... Something about the way you said that just made me realize how much I've missed you.

Gaius
Well, don't get so worked up. You'll live longer. Miriel does enough of that for that whole family.

Laurent
You were always the tough one.

Gaius
Heh, then you don't know your mother. Anyway, we need to get back on task here. See all those Risen?

Laurent
You'll help me defeat them?

Gaius
You bet your cupcakes I will.

"Miriel does enough of that for that whole family." ...THAT whole family?

Ok, I figured I really should finish those last two convos on Summer Scramble by now; sorry for the long wait! I'll get to work soon on the Hot Spring claims as well.

Here are my last claims for Summer Scramble:

Cherche/Sully

Sully: Not bad...I'm impressed!

Cherche: By what?

Sully: The way you ran that last foe through. Smooth and efficient. You looked damn good when you were doing it too. Real ladylike. Not many women can pull that off---not with a battle going on, anyway.

Cherche: Well, thank you, Sully. But really, I only did what I always do...

Sully: Yeah, I know. Just never got around to mentioning it before. So what's your secret, anyway?

Cherche: I don't know if I have one. To be honest, I've never thought about it until now....Unlike you, it seems! You've clearly put a lot of thought into it, and it shows. I mean, a lot of people think you're very attractive, both on the battlefield and off...

Sully: Hah! Yeah, maybe. But it's usually women who say so---not so much men. You're different, though. You've got a special kind of feminine charm. It's a tough thing to learn, but you seem to have it down pat. I gotta say, I'm pretty envious...

Cherche: That's awfully nice of you, but...can we maybe talk about something else now?

Sully: Aw, crap! I'm making you uncomfortable, aren't I? Sorry about that...

Cherche: No, no, it's fine. It's just this particular topic reminds me of something...irritating.

Sully: Irritating, huh? Give me one guess. Something to do with Virion?

Cherche: Yes, exactly. How did you know?

Sully: Well, "irritating" and "Ruffles" go hand in hand in my mind.

Cherche: Heh, I see...Anyway, I'm a little tired now. Do you mind if we take this up later?

Sully: Sure thing, Cherche.

Sully/Cherche

Cherche: Hey, Sully? Do you have a moment? It's about our conversation earlier.

Sully: What, the one about you and Ruffles?

Cherche: That's the one. I think you know, but I once served in Virion's household retinue. I was supposed to be a knight, but in that manor, I often felt more like a servant. He liked me right away, and for better or worse, I soon became his favorite retainer. Somehow, I found myself spending more and more time with him in the house. Which is how I ended up doing household chores, for want of anything better to do...

Sully: The hell you did! Didn't he have any maids?

Cherche: Oh, yes. Lots of them! It was a grand manor....That was the problem, though. He had no shortage of staff to look after him. So when I was thrown into their midst, the maids naturally viewed me with suspicion. Why was a knight doing their chores? Did I have "ulterior motives"? I had to work hard to fit in, to be even more maid-like than the best of them. At the same time, I had to remember I was a knight and bear myself accordingly. It wasn't easy, especially in the beginning. But in the end, I got them to accept me.

Sully: Riiight...And you think that explains your ladylike poise in battle, huh? How you can look like a hard-ass but be all dainty and feminine at the same time?

Cherche: Well, I'm not sure I'd use the word "hard-ass", but...maybe. I know it's farfetched, but it's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I'm a knight first and foremost...but inside, I'm a lady too.

Sully: Sounds like one hell of a jugglin' act, but you pull it off with aplomb. Wish I could say the same!

Cherche: Oh, I bet you could do it if you put your mind to it. Why don't we give it a go?

Sully: ...Come again?

Cherche: Aren't you tired of being mistaken for a man and cursing like a sailor? This seaside resort is the perfect place to get in touch with your feminine side...Here, why don't you slip into this swimsuit and show off your womanly charms?

Sully: You have GOT to be kidding me! I ain't puttin' on no damn swimsuit in the middle of a fight!

Cherche: But you haven't even seen it yet! At least take a look. I chose it especially for you!

Sully: ...The hell? You call THAT a swimsuit?! It looks like it's mad outta wyvern scales or something...

Cherche: That's exactly what it's made of! This is special combat swimwear, you see. Light enough to swim in, but with full battle protection. The best of both worlds! And on the back, it even has a little pair of wyvern wings to complete the look! *Sigh* Isn't it wonderful? This is just about the most perfect swimsuit I've ever seen!

Sully: If you say so...Just looks plain weird to me. Look, when it comes to womanly charms and all that crap, I admit you've got me beat. But gods strike me down if don't have the strangest taste in swimwear...

Cherche/Panne

Panne: Cherche! This must stop!

Cherche: Panne, dear! Is something the matter?

Panne: Dear?! Do you think me your pet?! I am no "dear" of yours!

Cherche: Forgive me. I meant nothing by it. Now, what did you want to talk about?

Panne: Grrr...Do not toy with me! You know full well what this is about!

Cherche: I do...? I'm sorry, but I'm drawing a blank here.

Panne: Your lizard, man-spawn. Can it do nothing but gaze at me and drool? It does not take great genius to guess what the foul creature intends.

Cherche: Minerva is not foul! And she's certainly no lizard! Show some respect!

Panne: The finer points of reptile taxonomy do not concern me. Your lizard wishes to eat me.

Cherche: That's absurd! Minerva would never try to eat one of her allies! In fact, lately she only has eyes for fresh, wild rabbit.

Panne: ...Do I need to spell this out for you?

Cherche: What? Oh, ridiculous! You may not care for taxonomy, but Minerva can certainly tell a taguel from a rabbit! Isn't that right, Minerva?

Panne: Somehow that fails to comfort me...

Panne/Cherche

Panne: Cherche! Did I not tell you to keep your lizard under control? She just grasped me in her mouth and threw me into the ocean!

Cherche: Goodness! Did she really? Perhaps she was trying to imitate a hawk---they sometimes try to drown their prey.

Panne: You think she was playing? Nonsense! The foul creature means to kill me! Who would have guessed that the taguel's greatest threat lay here in our own army?

Cherche: Panne, dear, don't be absurd! Your imagination is running away with you!

Panne: For the last time, I am not your "dear"!

Cherche: I apologize, Panne. But honestly, I'm sure Minerva was merely playing.

Panne: M-merely?!

Cherche: Look at her sweet, innocent face. Why, she wouldn't hurt a fly! How could you suspect anything so foul from such a gentle creature?

Panne: Wouldn't hurt a fly?! You yourself said that she loves nothing more than eating rabbits!

Cherche: Did I? Well, she might hurt a rabbit...but certainly not a fly!

Panne: Ugh. I tire of your silliness. Just tell your lizard that it is not to eat its allies. Got it?

Cherche: Fine, fine. You heard her, didn't you, Minerva? Panne is a valued ally. And you are not even think of eating her, understand?

Panne: Hmm. She seems suddenly...quieter.

Cherche: Well, its most likely that you offended her than she's decided not to eat you. It's like I said---she only ever wanted to play!

Panne: Well, why can she not play nicely?

Cherche: She wants to, but she doesn't realize her own size and strength. There aren't many other wyverns in the army for her to play with. So she has to make do with whomever she can find...

Panne: ...Very well. If she promises not to eat me, perhaps we can play a little.

Cherche: Hee hee. Thank you, Panne! And Minerva say thank you too!

I liked hearing about Cherche's past as both a knight and maid in Virion's service.

And I demand that someone draw Cherche in that wyvern scale swimsuit!

Things Needed (Link to DLC page)

[spoiler=Hot-Spring Scramble]Conversations:

Walhart > Priam

Brady > Gerome

Yarne > Owain

Yarne > Inigo

Yarne > Gerome

Laurent > Inigo

Laurent > Brady

Noire > Kjelle

Nah > Kjelle

[spoiler=Future of Despair / The Future Past 1]Conversations: (Listed by FoD-version characters)

Noire:

[spoiler=Fathers]Stahl

Ricken

Kjelle:

[spoiler=Fathers]Vaike

Lon'qu

Libra

[spoiler=Future of Despair / The Future Past 2]Conversations: (Listed by FoD-version characters)

Owain:

[spoiler=Fathers]Kellam

Ricken

Brady:

[spoiler=Fathers]Vaike

Donnel

Yarne:

[spoiler=Fathers]Ricken

Edited by Tsamimi

I did Gerome x Vaike like a long time ago here.

[spoiler=Nah x Gaius]

Nah: You look familiar somehow... Wait... are you my father?

Gaius: So you're the Nah of this world, huh? Nice to meet you, kid.

Nah: You're a ghost, aren't you? Not that I mind. I'm just happy to have you back. I... I've missed you so much! *Sob*

Gaius: Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not the ghost of your old man. I'm not even from this world. I'm another Gaius, come here from the Outrealms. So in a way, I guess I am your dad. But also... not. If that makes sense?

Nah: You're my father from another world?

Gaius: Yeah, that's about the size of it. And I'm here to rescue you. I'm sure I'm no substitute for the real thing, but... I'll do what I can. I should be able to get you out of this mess, at least. Hey, you ever eat one of these candies? They're the best. Why don't you get yourself someplace safe and try one?

Nah: Sure, I know these. They're the ones they say you used to carry everywhere with you...

Gaius: Oh yeah?

Nah: I don't remember anything about my real father at all... But when I used to get lonely, I'd buy some of these and try to imagine him... The taste of these candies is the only real connection I have with him...

Gaius: Nah...

Nah: They taste like... *sniff* They taste like... home... *Sob*

Gaius: There, there, kiddo. It's okay to cry. You cry all you want. And when the tears stop flowing, I'll still be right here by your side.

[spoiler=Laurent x Vaike]

Vaike: Laurent? Is that you? So the Son of Vaike still lives!

Laurent: F-Father? Have I gone mad?

Vaike: Is it just me, or are you even lankier than I remember? I'm sure food must be hard to come by, but come on! Put some meat on them bones!

Laurent: How can you be here?

Vaike: The Vaike is everywhere! He may be dead in your world, but not in others. What's why the Vaike has crossed between worlds to save your hide.

Laurent: Is that even possible? ...No, I refuse to believe it.

Vaike: Ugh, does everything always have to add up with you? Look. The Vaike is here! Are you gonna turn that kind of power down 'cause you can't wrap your head around it?

Laurent: No. I don't need to understand it. I just need to stay calm and... and then I can f-figure out the best course of... Ahh... *sob*

Vaike: Do you always break down into tears before you finish your sentences?

Laurent: I'm not crying! S-some ash just flew into my eyes.

Vaike: Through your glasses?

Laurent: Ugh. Listen-- I have feelings too! My dead father just appeared out of nowhere. How did you think I'd react?

Vaike: Couldn't turn the floodwaters back, eh? The Vaike does have that effect on people. But maybe you should trust your heart more than that head full of brains. Ya coulda just said you're happy to see me instead of bein' so stubborn.

Laurent: I shouldn't be weeping like this on the battlefield. How mortifying...

Vaike: Naw, let it all out. At least this means ya finally accept who I am. It's time to let me be your father again. For a little while, anyway. C'mere.

Laurent: Father...

Vaike: *Ahem* All right, tender moment over. Now let's shake and Vaike those Risen! Let's see what Teach's son has learned since class was dismissed.

Laurent: All right, Father. You just wait till you see how fast I move. The wind will dry the tears right off my face! And besides... I wouldn't want blurry vision to ruin this chance to see the Vaike in action again.

[spoiler=Laurent x Stahl]

Stahl: Laurent! I'm so glad you're all right!

Laurent: F... Father?! My dead Father is standing before me. He's talking to me. Have my visual and auditory faculties failed me at last?

Stahl: Heh, that's my son. You're like me. When things go weird, you assume it's your body acting up. Listen, I'm not a ghost or anything.

Laurent: Then how can you be here? Did you survive somehow? Were you in hiding somewhere?

Stahl: It's even stranger than that. I've come from another world. I'm sorry to get your hopes up but I'm not really your father.

Laurent: Don't apologize. Of course you're my father. And I have missed you terribly.

Stahl: It's good to see you too. I don't know how you managed in such a dismal world, but I'm proud of you.

Laurent: My achievements still pale to yours. I know all you accomplished while trying to keep Ylisse safe.

Stahl: Like father, like son, I suppose. But that's not exactly the legacy I had hoped to leave you...

Laurent: I'm glad you did. I consider it an honor. I may not win fame or accolades, but I know that I am needed. Being in this position makes me feel connected to you.

Stahl: Thank you, Laurent. That's nice of you to say. I wish we could spend more time catching up, but the battle won't wait. Will you fight with me to save your future?

Laurent: What? I can't put you in danger.

Stahl: It's all right, Laurent. Why do you think I came here? I don't want you to spend one more second going through this alone. There's nothing wrong with accepting my help. This is what fathers do. It's what your father would do.

Laurent: Thank you... Will you do me a favor, though, and take this medicine with you?

Stahl: What is it?

Laurent: I mixed it myself. It's special. You taught mother and me the basic formula, and we perfected it. It should be enough to close minor wounds. You told me you always carried it into battle.

Stahl: I see... Thank you, Laurent. It feels nice to know you kept making it after I was gone. But for what it's worth, I don't plan on getting wounded. Just wait until you see how strong your father was.

Laurent: I'll be watching every moment. And I promise to never forget the second father who came to save me...

[spoiler=Gerome x Gaius]

(Minerva cries out)
Gerome: Minerva? Why are you growling like that? Hm? Who goes there?!

Gaius: H-hey! Stop it, Minerva! That tickles!

Gerome: F-Father?! Impossible...

Gaius: Agh. I was trying not to be seen...

Gerome: What are you doing here? You're dead!

Gaius: Correction: the Gaius in THIS world is dead. I'm not him. I come from another world, see. All those reinforcements that just showed up—they came with me.

Gerome: You expect me to believe that?

Gaius: Hey, I had trouble swallowing it at first too. In fact, I knew you'd think I was pulling your chain. That's why I was trying to avoid you and save us the trouble.

Gerome: No wonder you were sneaking around.

Gaius: Thief, remember?

Gerome: ...... I do believe you.

Gaius: Hm? Sorry. Speak up?

Gerome: ...Nothing. I said Minerva must believe you, the way she's taken to you. And since I trust her, I'll accept your story for now.

Gaius: Well, thanks. I'm glad I pass the test for one of you, at least. Who deserves a special snake from Uncle Gaius? That's right, you do, Minerva!

Gerome: ......

Gaius: What's wrong, Gerome? Jealous?

Gerome: *Sniff* Ahh...

Gaius: Who, whoa. Easy there, kid! If you want it that bad, I'll give you some candy too.

Gerome: Ugh! I don't want your candy! What kind of child do you take me for? It's just... I remember how you used to give Minerva candy like this, and it... Ugh... It affects me.

Gaius: Aww... I'm sorry, Gerome... I never should've left you to fend for yourself in a hellhole like this. I know it might be too little, too late, but at least let me make it
up to you. Let me fight with you and Minerva and keep you safe. All right?

Gerome: ...All right, Father. Thank you.

[spoiler=Lon'qu x Severa]

Lon'qu: Severa.

Severa: Huh?! No... Daddy?!

Lon'qu: I'm not sure whether or not you can call me that. But yes, in this world, Lon'qu was your father.

Severa: "This world"? What are you talking about?

Lon'qu: I come from another world. When I heard your world was in danger, I came here to alter your destiny.

Severa: Okay. So you're another version of my father.

Lon'qu: Hmm... You don't seem very surprised.

Severa: Are you kidding? My heart is racing. I'm so confused. But you always told me to stay calm on the battlefield. I'm taking your advice.

Lon'qu: Smart girl.

Severa: I know, right? At first, I thought there was no way I could keep my cool. But eventually all the death and tragedy just sort of...sinks in. Like Grima back there? I wasn't s-scared of him... And you think seeing my dead f-father is enough to sh-shake me? Ahh...

Lon'qu: Severa! Easy...

Severa: I'm fine! I'm c-calm! You're not going to make me c-cry... Ahh... *sob*

Lon'qu: It's all right, Severa. You don't need to put on a show for me. If you need to cry...cry.

Severa: *blushes* But I... But I... *sniff* Waaaaaaaaah! Daddy, I missed you so much! I don't care if you're really him or not, I'm s-so glad to see you!

Lon'qu: I'm sorry my poor advice caused you to hold so much in. But you don't have to do it anymore. Staying calm on the battlefield means nothing if you're forcing it. Sometimes you need to let everything out before you can really collect yourself. Your father here never wanted you to suffer. I know he didn't.

Severa: *blush disappears* *Sniff*

Lon'qu: Listen, Severa. I can't stay here for much longer. But I'll keep you safe as long as I can. I will see you through this! Let me be your father while I'm here.

Severa: I would love that, Daddy. Thank you... *blushes* But you'd better stay safe. I mean it.

HenrySevy Future Past 3

Henry: Severa, is that you? I sure am glad you're in one piece!

Severa: Daddy?! I don't understand... How is this possible?

Y-you're not a Risen, are you?

Henry: Aw, heck no. I'm a different Henry who came here from another world.

I'm here to help you, so you just point me at those nasty Risen.

...You know, so I can blow them to smithereens.

Severa: Not so fast, daddy! These Risen are stronger than you think.

I appreciate the help, but not if it means you're going to die on me!

Henry: Die? If I was gonna die, I would feel my about-to-die tingle.

But I'm definitely not tingling, so I don't think you need to worry.

Severa: I'm not worried! I'm trying to warn you!

Ugh, did you have to remind me of how completely weird you are?

Henry: So the Henry in this world was just like me?

Severa: Yes! He always had that same stupid grin and talked about losing fingers and stuff.

I couldn't count on him for anything.

Henry: Oh. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Severa: But after we lost Mother, Daddy never left my side.

"Don't worry," he'd say. "Daddy will always protect you."

And then what did he go and do?

He died! He left me to fend for myself! *sniff*

Why did every last thing he ever said have to be nonsense?

Ahh... *sob*

Henry: So that's how it happened...

well, I'm not like your Henry. I won't die while you still need me.

Severa: How do YOU know?!

Henry: Well, stop me when this gets too creepy and arcane, but basically...

My dark powers seem to allow me to commune with myself in this world.

Like, I can hear my dead self's voice.

Severa: You can?

Henry: Yup! Your father says he's going to help me keep you safe.

And with his strength, I'll be twice as strong.

Therefore, no about-to-die tingle! You see?

Severa: All right, Daddy...

Henry: Good! Now leave the Risen to me.

Severa: Thank you.

I'm sorry to put you in danger, but I know you'll get us both through this.

And I'll be fighting right by your side to protect the world you loved.

Edited by Manface Julius

Hi. I have stuff for FoD2. Yarne and Frederick convo.

Yarne: Is that...? It can't be! Father?!

Frederick: Hello, Yarne. You may be my son, but I'm not the father you think. I've come from another world, you see.

Yarne: I... No, I don't see.

Frederick: Well, as much as I'd love to draw you a picture and explain...time runs short. You need to get to Ylisse. I'll stay here and hold the enemy at bay.

Yarne: What? Now, hold on! I just left two of my friends behind. Now you want me to leave you too? I can't just let you stay here and die... Not after you've come all this way to save me.

Frederick: You've already lost me once--is that why?

Yarne: That's right. Just thinking about how you died protecting me... It's not fair! I don't want a life that's been bought with the lives of others!

Frederick: Then shall we die together? Is that what you'd prefer? The son I know would do anything to avoid extinction.

Yarne: Huh?

Frederick: i think I know why your friends trusted you with the Gemstones. They were betting on you.

Yarne: What do you mean?

Frederick: They believed that you, more than any of them, had the strongest will to live. Also, no son of mine would ever abandon his liege. Lucina needs you, and that is why you will return to Ylisse. I know it, and your friends knew it too.

Yarne: Ah...

Frederick: Seeing more clearly now? Good. Then finding you was worth it.

Yarne: You're right. Th-thank you, Father... I swear I'll make it out of here alive! And I'll take any help I can get. Can you hold them off?

Frederick: It would be my pleasure.

I also have Libra and Owain's conversation.

Libra: Owain! Thank the gods you still live.

Owain: F-Father? What are you doing here?

Libra: I come from another world, my son. By Naga's power, I have crossed the Outrealms to lend you my strength.

Owain: Outrealms? Hmm...

Libra: That's right. So while I may not be your father, you are still, in a way, my son. It pains me to see you throw your life away... But let the gods be praised for seeing you through this crisis thus far.

Owain: So you saw what I did at the bridge.

Libra: Every heartbreaking moment. I feared I was about to lose my son... But that's over now. I have you back. *Sniff* Oh, Owain...

Owain: H-hey! Why are you crying? I'm the one who should be choked up! My dead father just showed up out of nowhere to rescue me! Praise the gods indeed. I thought they'd abandoned me.

Libra: Now that I've found you, Owain, you must let me fight with you. Together we will see you through these perils.

Owain: Thank you. But you have to promise me you won't put yourself in danger. I couldn't bear to lose you a second time.

Libra: I promise. I swear to the gods themselves.

Owain: Ha! You would, wouldn't you? These days, I just swear AT the gods. But maybe I'll give faith another chance. After all, I've got a world to save here.

[spoiler=Gaius x Yarne]

Gaius: Hey there, Yarne.

Yarne: F-Father?! ...But I thought you were dead!

Gaius: No, I'm not the Gaius you knew. I come from another world.

Yarne: So you're like...my older father? ...Oh! Have you come to save me?

Gaius: Heh... What kind of chump do you take me for?

Yarne: Huh?

Gaius: I heard this world was loaded with treasure and decided to stop by.

Yarne: B-but...

Gaius: And THEN I saw you were hopelessly outnumbered and decided to help.

Yarne: Oh...

Gaius: Now you listen to me, Yarne. As much as you like to go on about extinction, this right here isn't it. Come on... Look at these guys you're up against. They're a walk in the park! I'm only helping out because I'm bored. And you think you need saving? You've got better things to do, like build a better future with your friends. Now, shoo. That's what your father would want.

Yarne: I know what you're trying to do. You're pushing me away so the enemies will come after you instead!

Gaius: Ha! Like I said- do I look like a chump? Go on, scram! Finish your damned mission!

Yarne: ...A-all right, Father. I will! But you BETTER not die out on me!

*Yarne disappears*

Gaius: Heh... Trust me, kid. My species is in it for the long run.

I'll have Yarne x Henry up in just a few minutes

Henry x Yarne

Henry - Wha—? ...Oh, hey, Yarne!

Yarne - F-Father?! ...Oh, gods, now I'm seeing ghosts...

Henry - Ghost? Nya ha ha! That's rich! But I guess it makes sense, with the whole crossing-of-worlds thing.

Yarne - The what?

Henry - See, I'm not your Henry—I'm MY Henry! I come from another world. And I can't stay very long. So in that sense, I really am kind of a ghost.

Yarne - Well, that's all right. Whatever you are, I'm glad you're here. I get to see you one last time.

Henry - One last time?

Yarne - Mm-hmm. Take a look around. This world is doomed... It's beyond saving.

Henry - Wow! Usually you're dead set against the whole extinction thing. What made you change your mind?

Yarne - I didn't change my mind! I'm saying there's no hope.

Henry - Bzzt! Wrong! There WAS no hope. Until I showed up. But now Henry the super ghost is gonna lay waste to all these Risen! And YOU'RE gonna wake up tomorrow and think this was all some weird dream.

Yarne - Stop joking around! Don't you realize how powerful they are? You can't win!

Henry - Oh, I think I can at least make a dent.

Yarne You're going to DIE!

Henry - Ghosts don't die, silly! ...Sorry. Is this metaphor annoying?

Yarne - Yes! I don't want to lose you, so just...leave! Don't make me watch you die a second time!

Henry - Gosh, you're a lot more squeamish than I am. But I guess it's kinda sweet.

Yarne - Hmph...

Henry - It was worth dropping by just to see how great you turned out! But don't worry. I'm not about to let either one of us die. Bye for now!

Yarne - F-Father! Hey, come back! ....... Argh! What's wrong wit me? Why can't I be like him? This isn't even his battle, and he's fighting twice as hard as I am! Gr... I have to be stronger. I can't give up now! I have to get these Gemstones back to Ylisstol, no matter what...

Edited by Naui

Lucina/Sully convo in FoD3 isn't quite as short as we thought. Some lines at the end were missed when it was posted.

[spoiler=Full Convo]Sully

Lucina? ...Lucina, right?

Lucina

Who...? M-Mother?! Then that was you I saw amongst the reinforcements. But I thought it mere coincidence. How is this possible?

Sully

You're pretty damn sharp if you spotted me from that far away. I came here from another world. That's what you saw. We heard you were in danger and came here to set things right. I'm...sorry I'm not your real mother...

Lucina

You are my mother! Don't say that! It doesn't matter where you came from. I'm still so glad to see you!

Sully

Kind of you to say, Lucina. I've been watching you too, you know. You put up one hell of a fight. I imagine you've seen some damned horrific battles over the years. ...Some mother I was, too, leaving you to fight them alone.

Lucina

I was able to fight them because you saved my life—you and Father both. Ever since your passing, you have lived on in my heart and kept me strong. You died to keep the exalted bloodline alive, and I will not let that be in vain. Your conviction has seen me and my friends through every trial.

Sully

I'm proud of you, Lucina. And I know the Sully here would have been too.

Lucina

Oh, M-Mother... *sob*

Sully

There, there. Everything's gonna be all right. You rest and leave this fight to me.

Lucina

Will you be all right?

Sully

Me? It's the dastards I'm about to skewer who need to worry! Hell hath no fury like a ticked-off mother with combat training and a pointy weapon!

Lucina

Indeed. Thank you, Mother!

HELL HATH NO FURY...! 'Bout time that popped up.

• 2 weeks later...

*coughcoughsneeze* It's getting dusty in here...

Everything is opened up. No claims. Just drop a post here when you start working on something.

~~~

Things Needed (Link to DLC page)

[spoiler=Hot-Spring Scramble]Conversations:

Walhart > Priam

Brady > Gerome

Yarne > Owain

Yarne > Inigo

Yarne > Gerome

Laurent > Inigo

Laurent > Brady

Noire > Kjelle

Nah > Kjelle

[spoiler=Future of Despair / The Future Past 1]Conversations: (Listed by FoD-version characters)

Noire:

[spoiler=Fathers]Stahl

Ricken

Kjelle:

[spoiler=Fathers]Vaike

Lon'qu

Libra

[spoiler=Future of Despair / The Future Past 2]Conversations: (Listed by FoD-version characters)

Owain:

[spoiler=Fathers]Kellam

Ricken

Brady:

[spoiler=Fathers]Vaike

Donnel

Yarne:

[spoiler=Fathers]Ricken

Edited by Tsamimi

Lurking and happened to notice you lacked FP2 Chrom -> Brady and FP3 Maribelle -> Lucina so I grabbed em quick.

Chrom -> Brady

Chrom

Good. You're still safe.

Brady

Pop? No way...

You're still alive?! No... You must be a ghost!

Chrom

My name is Chrom, but I'm not your father. I came here from another world to help you for as long as I can.

Brady

Another world...? Hmph... Well, wherever you came from, I've got a favor to ask. You gotta help my friends!

Chrom

You mean the two who stayed behind enemy lines? But you know they didn't just do that to save you.

Brady

I know... They need us to deliver the stones and save the world.

Chrom

Right. And I intend to help you to do that.

Brady

You won't save the others? Why not?

Chrom

I can't just leave you here with no way to fight off the Risen. Especially considering the gravity of your task. Besides, I heard you say your friends would pull through. Was that a lie?

Brady

What? No, I believe it! They're tough as nails! B-but...you know what it's like to have that naggin' feeling in the back of your head? I've spent my whole life being protected. By you, my friends, the people... But I'm your son. I'm the damn prince, for Naga's sake! When the hell do I get to start protectin' back?

Chrom

Brady...

Brady

If I leave them now, I'm no prince. I'm just an exalted loser. Why can't the gods send me just a little power to help my friends?!

Chrom

I understand how you feel. ...But maybe they already have. Maybe I am the power you seek.

Brady

...... Pop, I... *sniff*

Chrom

It's all right, Brady. You've changed my mind. I will save your friends.

Brady

...You mean it?

Chrom

If they're still alive, I'll keep them safe. But in exchange, you have to make it through this too. You have to honor their sacrifice and keep running until you get to Ylisse. Right now, that's exactly what she needs of her prince.

Brady

All right, Pop. I get it. ...Well, it was good to see you. Even if it's not really you. Take care of the others.

Chrom

You want a handkerchief?

Brady

No, I'll be all right.

Chrom

That's my boy. Good luck, Brady!

Brady

You too, Pop!

I'll edit with FP3 Maribelle -> Lucina when I'm done it.

EDIT: Here it is.

Maribelle -> Lucina

Maribelle

Lucina, darling? Is that you?

Lucina

Mother?! I thought you were dead!

Maribelle

Alas, yes. In this world, I fear that I have passed on. Allow me to explain. I come from a world separate from this one. When we heard you were in trouble, we came here as quickly as we could.

Lucina

So that WAS you I saw amongst the reinforcements.

Maribelle

Oh! Uh... So you saw us arrive? I do fear my landing may have been a tad clumsy, but I assure you--Lucina?

Lucina

M-Mother... *sob*

Maribelle

Oh, don't cry, you silly girl! I scraped my knee, but that is hardly any reason to bawl your eyes out.

Lucina

It's not that, Mother. I just can't b-believe that I'm really talking to you!

Maribelle

Well, dry your eyes before you get me started...t-too... Ahh... *sob*

Lucina

Mother, I've missed you.

Maribelle

You poor thing. Look at those wounds... You have been through so much, but you surmounted every challenge.

Lucina

I don't deserve your praise. You fought and died to protect this world. If I were stronger, it wouldn't have turned out like this...

Maribelle

Hush now. You've done marvelously! I am proud beyond belief to have you as a daughter. You have a noble heart, and I love you to pieces.

Lucina

*Sniff* Mother...

Maribelle

I'm here now. Everything will be all right--I promise. Watch your mother scatter Grima and his Risen to the wind!

Lucina

You'll help me? Then let's do it together. I'll cut down every last one of them!

Maribelle

That's my girl. Now follow me! We have a battle to win!

Lucina

Right!

Edited by MaverickZ3r0

I can probably get working on some of the Scramble ones... just a bit and I'll start working my way down the list. I'll cover the Harvest Scramble ones in this post.

Sully > Miriel

Miriel: Sully. I wonder if I might pose an interrogative.

Sully: Uh, you mean you wanna ask me a question? Sure. Do your worst. Can't promise I can help, but I'll do my damnedest!

Miriel: Oh, I am certain that you'll be able to help...should you be willing.

Sully: You don't say.

Miriel: I do. In fact, I just did. Now, allow me to cut to the chase. My question is this: Why do you speak in such a gruff and masculine manner? According to my observations, few ladies of breeding speak so colorfully. You are the first I have encountered who says "arse," let alone "damn" or "bastar-

Sully: Whoa there, lady! All right, all right! I get the picture! See. in my house, I was the youngest of three - I had two older brothers. And I learned that sometimes nothing says it better than a good, solid expletive. ...Yeah. Blame it on my damned brothers - the foul-mouthed sons-a-guns!

Miriel: Fascinating. Which raises another, equally intriguing, question: these brothers of yours - they do not serve in the Ylissean Knights.

Sully: Er...right.

Miriel: It is my understanding that, by and large, all highborn sons of Ylisse enter the order. Why did they not do so? Were they perhaps afflicted by some physical handicap?

Sully: *Cough*

Miriel: I'm sorry? Were you attempting to tell me something?

Sully: ...Aren't you a nosy witch? Why don't you mind your own damn business! (leaves)

Miriel: Hmm. It appears that I have caused offense. Fascinating...

Miriel > Sully

Miriel: Sully. I feel that I must make reparations with you.

Sully: Uh, sorry. What are we making? ...Oh, right. You mean you want to apologize about that stuff earlier?

Miriel: Precisely. I requisitioned the pertinent records and ascertained the facts.

Sully: Then I guess there's no point me tryin' to hide anything, huh...

Miriel: Indeed not. Your brothers, they were...

Sully: Uh-huh. They served as knights, all right. But one day, they went to help out a village that was being hassled by bandits... And they never came back...

Miriel: I apologize for forcing you to recall such painful memories. Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge are no excuse for insensitivity.

Sully: Aw, forget it. It's all right. Seriously. I should've never gotten my smallclothes in a twist about it. How could you have known, right?

Miriel: You're very kind.

Sully: By the by, I've been thinking more about how I talk - y'know, all "masculine"? I think it's more than just listening to my brothers when I was little. Maybe it's got something to do with me trying to carry on their legacy. I wanted to honor their memory by being the roughest, toughest knight out there... And somewhere along the line, I ended up talking like one too!

Miriel: Fascinating. Psychologically speaking, your reasoning seems sound. I am sure that wherever they are now, your brothers are watching over you. And I am equally certain they are proud to see what a fine knight you've become.

Sully: Ha! Thanks, Miriel! You're just full of surprises, aren't ya? I never figured you for the religious type! Do you really believe in the afterlife?

Miriel: Interesting that you should ask. It is, in fact, a fascinating avenue of inquiry. Though there is little supporting data, some theorists have posited that...

Miriel > Cherche

Miriel: Fascinating. Most fascinating.

Cherche: What is it, Miriel? You've seen enough of the Risen to be used to them by now.

Miriel: Indeed. But this is the first I've heard of them being drawn to a harvest. The academic literature has so far been silent on the topic. I wonder if this odd phenomenon is due to something in their biological makeup.

Cherche: It does seem a little strange that monsters would be attracted by the harvest. But I have heard of other places where the two are connected. For example, there's a festival held around this time in one of the Outrealms. In it, children parade through their villages dressed as monsters and devils.

Miriel: To what end to they engage in such activity?

Cherche: Your guess is as good as mine. But perhaps there are more links between monsters and the harvest than we think.

Miriel: Intriguing. This demands further inquiry. If you develop your harvest thesis any further, you must notify me immediately.

Cherche: I will. But let's focus on harvesting these monsters first.

Cherche > Miriel

Miriel: Cherche. Do you have a moment?

Cherche: For you, Miriel? Of course. You always have the most interesting things to say.

Miriel: Fascinating. This is not the usual response to my attempts to engage in discourse. The stock reaction is one of discomfort, and in extreme cases, flight.

Cherche: Really? I can't imagine why.

Miriel: I gather that it is because I am considered tedious. This is due to my predilection for erudite language and abstruse subject matter.

Cherche: Oh, nonsense! I don't find you tedious in the slightest. In fact, I find the way you speak refreshingly precise.

Miriel: Truly?

Cherche: Oh, yes. When most people talk, logic and reason go out the window. It's all "Wow!" and "Y'know!" and "Did you hear?" and so on. It's as if they just spew out whatever nonsense pops into their heads. But not you. You're calm, reasoned, measured, and to the point.

Miriel: This is high praise indeed. But I fear you may be overstating the case.

Cherche: Not at all! In fact, you know what? I think I might be one of the few people who truly understands you.

Miriel: ...I am gratified that you think so. I also regard you in a positive light. Dialogue with you tends to result in more rewarding outcomes than with most. I find our talks both enlightening and enlivening.

Cherche: Ha. Now who's overstating the case? But listen to me prattling away! There's something I wanted to discuss with you. It's about a legend from my homeland. The story of a certain dragon... I think it might interest you. Would you like to hear it?

Miriel: Please go on. You have my undivided attention.

Lon'qu > Gregor

Lon'qu: *Sigh*

Gregor: Oy! Lon'qu, my friend. Why are you making with long face? This is festival, place of joy and fun. You should be making with festive face!

Lon'qu: I hate festivals.

Gregor: Hate festivals?! Never before has Gregor heard such extraordinary claim!

Lon'qu: I'm not much for noise and clamor. I prefer quiet.

Gregor: But clamor is whole point! Without clamor, festival is like any other day. Boring!

Lon'qu: When this thing reopens, the plaza will be crawling with people again. The thought alone makes my head hurt.

Gregor: You are hating this much, eh?

Lon'qu: I don't even understand why we bothered coming here.

Gregor: Ha! But here we are, so is like spilled milk under bridge, yes? We should enjoy rare opportunity in strange otherworld place!

Lon'qu: Enjoy? More like persevere. I'll find no pleasure here.

Gregor: Oy! Why is butt always clenching so tight? Having fun is important life experience!

Lon'qu: Life experience?

Gregor: Yes! Gregor thinks you are living the very one-dimensional lifestyle. Every day, you train, you fight, you stab people... You must become more well-rounded person. Like Gregor! Basilio sent you out in world to discover new things and broaden the horizons, yes? So you must be letting down hair and joining in fun. Is your duty!

Lon'qu: Hmm... Broaden my horizons, huh. ...Very well. I shall join the festival - no matter how painful it proves to be.

Gregor > Lon'qu

Lon'qu: Gregor. I have a question about this festival business.

Gregor: You do? Ah, is good, is good! Gregor happy to answer all queries!

Lon'qu: In what manner should I use it to "broaden my horizons"?

Gregor: Mmm, is good question. First, when festivities begin again, you must be immersing yourself. Join crowds, try activities, and most vital, you must be talking to locals! Find out why they celebrate, so you can learn heart and soul of festival.

Lon'qu: I see. So I shall interrogate the participants, uncover the facts, and-

Gregor: No, no! Gregor is not suggesting you become private investigator!

Lon'qu: Then how am I to find this information?

Gregor: That is easy thing! Share meat, drink mead, and make merry with new friends!

Lon'qu: I don't drink mead. Slows down the reflexes.

Gregor: Oy! First women, then festivals, now mead?! Is such cold and empty lifestyle...

Lon'qu: ...You know nothing about it. I just don't like to drink, that's all.

Gregor: Hmm. Well, in any case, Gregor must be thinking of other ways to immerse you... Ah! Here comes storm of brain! You are handy with blade, so you must be good at peeling the vegetables, yes?

Lon'qu: On mess duty, the cook has been known to praise my work, sure... But what of it?

Gregor: What of it?! We must be taking advantage of your cooking talents, that is what! You can help kind people who prepare festival food. Easy way to make friends. ...Then you share meat and drink mead and make merry with new friends!

Lon'qu: That last bit sounds exactly like your earlier advice...

Gregor: Hah! Is no matter! No need to overthink small details, yes?

Lon'qu: Heh...

Gregor: Oh? What is rare smile Gregor sees on Lon'qu's face? Is gas, perhaps?

Lon'qu: I'm just...starting to think your suggestion might not be all that unpleasant. You're a remarkably persuasive man. Your enthusiasm is infectious.

Gregor: Oy, such reaction warms cockles of Gregor's heart! But this is just beginning! Gregor can teach Lon'qu all about having fun! Once festival reopens, Gregor take you around and show you fabulous time!

Lon'qu: ...I'll think about it.

Gregor: Hah! You not saying no, so Gregor takes this as resounding YES!

Lon'qu: I said I'll think about it!

Gregor: Yes, okay. You think...then say yes! Gregor guarantees good time. Ah, Gregor very much looking forward to this!

Lon'qu: *Sigh* You're not going to allow me to refuse, are you? ...Still. I suppose a warrior should always be prepared to accept new challenges...

I think that wraps up Harvest Scramble?

Edited by Skarthe

Checking through my pairings, I also have a Kellam!Yarne. So here's theirs from FP2.

Kellam -> Yarne

Kellam
Yarne... You're safe.

Yarne
Waugh! ...F-Father? I must be seeing things. Are you a g-ghost?

Kellam
No. I'm not really your father. I came from another world.

Yarne
Another world? I bet you've come here to scold me...

Kellam
Huh? Why would I do that?

Yarne
B-because I left my friends behind! I left them to die!

Kellam
You mean back at the bridge?

Yarne
*Sniff* I didn't mean to leave them. I was going to stay by their sides--even if it meant extinction! But I messed up! I failed them! Waaah! *sob*

Kellam
Aww. Easy now, Yarne. I understand... It hurts when you can't be there to protect your friends. I know that as well as anyone. Every injury they sustain is like a knife in your chest. I get it.

Yarne
You do? *sniff*

Kellam
But I also know it's important to keep living. Why's that?

Yarne
I don't know.

Kellam
Yes, you do. You have a mission.

Yarne
...To get the Gemstones back to Ylisse. Y-you're right, Father. I was so upset that I nearly lost sight of it.

Kellam
Then you'd better get going. I'll handle things here!

Yarne
Right! No looking back. Thanks, Father!

Edited by MaverickZ3r0

Future Past 1

Vaike!Noire

Vaike: Hey! Noire! It's me! NOIRE!

Noire: Eek! Get away from me, fiend!

Vaike: Fiend?! That's no way to talk to your old man!

Noire: But... you were charging at me, bellowing at the top of your- Wait. Old man...? Father? Is that you? Is...is that really you?

Vaike: Kinda? I'm a different Vaike from another world. I'm here to save your bacon! Don't you worry- the Vaike is the Vaike is the Vaike. i'm awesome anywhere! Uh, but i can't stay long.

Noire: Father...oh, Father... *sob*

Vaike: Hey, cool it with the tears would ya? How'd Teach's kid grow up to be such a crybaby?

Noire: It's not my fault! It's because Mother used to test all her hexes on me... But you would always come to my rescue... You taught me that no matter how bad a hex was, i should never let it beat me... I always thought you were so strong... But then you lost. The Risen beat you...

Vaike: Ya don't say. Musta ate somethin' weird that mornin', hah! Sorry about that. Anyway, looks like the Vaike's just gonna have to redeem himself. It's time for Teach's next lesson: how to rid the world of these rotten Risen! What happened to the other me don't matter- this Vaike'll never lose!

Noire: Thank you, Father... And this Noire won't ever lose again, either- not until the world is safe!

i have lonk noire on my lunatic file but noire is sort of instasplat right now so i might need some time to train up lonk and tharja so i can actually have her survive long enough to get the damn convo

FP1- lonk/noire

i pretty much got my entire team killed trying to get lonk to noire before she died because fuck lunatic

Noire: Eek! G-get away from me!

Lon'qu: Noire, wait. Calm down and look closely. It's me.

Noire: F-Father? But... how?

Lon'qu: I'm not the same Lon'qu you knew. I cam here from another world to save you.

Noire: ... ...Is it really you?

Lon'qu: I know it's hard to believe, but yes.

Noire: Oh yeah? Then you won't mind if I do... this!

Lon'qu: What are you doing? This is hardly the time to be holding hands...

Noire: You didn't even flinch! You are an impostor! I knew it!

Lon'qu: Huh?

Noire: My real father had an aversion to women. If you were really him, you'd have pulled your hand away immediately!

Lon'qu: What kind of a test is that? Surely I'd never flinch from my own daughter's hand?

Noire: Oh, uh... Now that you mention it...

Lon'qu: Is that really all I'd do if a woman touched me? Flinch and pull away? My condition must have improved quite a bit over the years... If anyone except you grabbed my hand like that now, I'd probably pass right out. Marrying Tharja must have really helped me get over that whole thing...

Noire: My real father used to say the exact same thing... That marrying Mother really helped him overcome his aversion to women... Does that mean... you really are him?

Lon'qu: Yes. So come closer. I can't protect you over there. Stay beside me, Noire. No one's going to hurt you anymore.

Noire: Oh, Father... *sob*