If you could change one thing about Awakening, what would it be?

Wander

Just wondering what you guys would like changed?

I wish second seals were available earlier than chapter 16, for one thing. And that the children characters were a tad easier to recruit (I understand the reasoning behind this, though).

I also wish the DLC or SpotPass characters had supports or could get support bonuses with each other, or something. Oh, and that DLC characters had new models so they looked like themselves. I understand it for SpotPass, but DLC?

Unless they actually DO have models and I'm clueless. Roy's seems generic so I'm assuming none of them do (besides the ones in new classes)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wish the DLC or SpotPass characters had supports or could get support bonuses with each other, or something. Oh, and that DLC characters had new models so they looked like themselves. I understand it for SpotPass, but DLC?

Unless they actually DO have models and I'm clueless. Roy's seems generic so I'm assuming none of them do (besides the ones in new classes)

This. So much this. I was incredibly disappointed that Roy was just a generic mercenary (even his colours were pretty generic). His design is pretty close to the Mercenary design anyway so I can't see how it would've been much trouble to make him a bit more unique.

I also wish that units kept their colour schemes when they class changed instead of being blue.

Lastly, I wish there weren't so many bows! Maybe it is just in my opinion, but they're that many enemy bowmen that fliers are pretty useless.

Edited by eCut

Since they were pushing Chrom x Sumia so much, I would have liked it that she had more of a role as a main character if she was the one he married.

And that the voice you hear first that snaps you out of it in the Final Chapter is the voice of your beloved before you hear Chrom. Well of course, Chrom would be it if your FeMU married him.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1. Online battles

2. DLC at a quicker pace (I've said before, it'd be nice to do it while it's level appropriate on my first run)

3. Give Chrom more marriage options (specifically, I want an Aether Severa)

I'd make supports possible with DLC characters. That way, I could make Ike marry Elincia after all, even if it wouldn't quite be considered canon (because the DLC characters appear to be just spirits). lol

I haven't played awakening yet because....ugh Europe, so I can't say anything about the gameplay.

Anyway I would have liked it if the dlc characters had one or two supports. No marriage or anything, but just something that shows a little personality.

And I would remove the weird sound that happens when a character dodges.

I would like later-game characters to be able to support and marry outside of MU and select others who they can't S-rank with. I'd use them more if they had more supports.

I haven't played awakening yet because....ugh Europe

I can't play because Amazon has taken back their expected delivery date... twice........ and still have not given me an estimation on when it will arrive.

STILL says it hasn't been shipped. Hopefully it just hasn't been updated yet and is on its way right now. I'm a very patient man, but this is getting a bit silly. =/

This is silly and would probably break the game even more, but...Arena Ferox? Yeah, make it so that after you beat chapter four, it functions like a regular arena from Fire Emblem. Yeah, I know, I already said it would be broken, but it would make pre-Entombed Heaven and the riches DLC's much less time-consuming on you.

Chrom stays dead when Validar kills him in Ch.23, promoting Lucina to the main lord of the story. This also gets Lucina a story promotion.

When Chrom kills Gangrel and the story cutscenes, he has a story promotion.

Lucina causes a game over if she dies.

Edited by Doofina

I could think of a few things, but the one that always comes to mind is that I would have liked a male manakete character (first OR second gen) and more male characters other than Chrom who could give a female avatar a second child. I always found it unfair that you could have two kids with a number of females using a male avatar but the only person who could do that for a female avatar was Chrom (which I guess is ok for me since I like Chrom, but I still would have liked to have more options...)

Edit: And yeah, I would liked being able able to name your avatar's child like you named your avatar. Morgan is better than Mark, but I still had better names for them IMO.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Nerf Pair Up or remove buyable Nosferatu

Thought of something along the lines of this, at least...why not have enemies Pair Up? That would be kinda cool. It'd certainly make battles epic a heck of a lot more epic than they already were.

[spoiler=Not that far along yet, but...]For example, for the battle against Validar, if he fights together with Grima in the Avatar's body, have them Pair Up.

#1 request would be the presence of light magic. Otherwise...

Sorry if this offends some people, but I want dead characters to stay dead. Chrom accepting his nation's tope enemies into his rank and Emmeryn turning out to be alive suddenly made the story much less dramatic.

There are other things I want to see too, like changing the DLC classes, modifying the class stat caps, putting in more holy weapons (from Elibe, Magvall and Tellius), putting in ranged swords, putting back Sonic Sword and Flame Lance and ranged physical swords, and... but #1 of my list would be light magic, yeah.

This. So much this. I was incredibly disappointed that Roy was just a generic mercenary (even his colours were pretty generic). His design is pretty close to the Mercenary design anyway so I can't see how it would've been much trouble to make him a bit more unique.

I also wish that units kept their colour schemes when they class changed instead of being blue.

Lastly, I wish there weren't so many bows! Maybe it is just in my opinion, but they're that many enemy bowmen that fliers are pretty useless.

I agree on the Spotpass characters, but I actually feel Pair Up has made both bow users and fliers much more useful than before; in other FEs, I basically made teams of nothing but Cavaliers and Mages when I could, and didn't bother investing effort in leveling up fliers unless I wanted to spend a lot of time planning my moves or I had an Iote's Shield/equiv. sitting around. Pair Up allows me to airdrop Chrom, Avatar, Vaike, Tharja and my other powerhouses to take out archers and then let Sumia, Cordelia, Cynthia and Cherche go to town.