The actor tier list

Fenrir

I left a few people off on purpose.(Al Pacino, to name one because I haven't seen the godfather) But most of them were just cause I forgot and didn't stumble across their name making this. It's also got WAAAY to many more males than females. I don't know if that's an indictment on me or the movie industry.

We're watching your movie just for you tier:

Matt Damon

Denzel Washington

Morgan Freeman

Christian Bale

Leonardo DiCaprio

Don Cheadle

Not wasting money no matter what money tier:

Samuel L. Jackson

Tom Hardy(I want to put him higher but at the same time don't. Not a huge record of movies)

Tommy Lee Jones

You're an amazing actor but those bad movies you made are just too glaring tier:

Ben Affleck

Will Ferrell

Solid:

Hugh Jackmon

Russell Crowe

Johnny Depp

Robert Downey Jr.

Jennifer Aniston(Yes one spot above Brad Pitt)

Brad Pitt

Mark Whalberg(I haven't seen him bad in a movie in forever)

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Natalie Portman

You're an awesome actor but those bad movies you made are just so bad tier: (Continued)

Will Smith

Liam Neeson

Angelina Jolie

Adam Sandler

The kick ass and chew bubble gum tier:

Bruce Willis

Vin Diesel

The usually overlooked:

Edward Norton

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Christopher Walken

Amy Adams

Jamie Foxx

Robin Williams

Gary Oldman

Jeff Bridges

I'm so conflicted on these actors. I want to put the other one above the other so badly and then move this tier above the two above it and then put them in the Rock's tier because I remember I want to hate them tier: I'm an idiot

Viggo Mortenson

Bradley Cooper

I'm kind of old and very awesome and you're gonna like me tier:

Nick Nolte

Robert De Niro

George Clooney

But I'm so good at my role! Tier:

Daniel Craig

Gerard Butler

Jessica Chastain

Jim Carey

Josh Brolin

Daniel Day-Lewis

Marion Cotillard

Jeremy Renner

I'm recognizable but nothing TOO special tier/A few actors I threw together to totally separate the OK from the shitty tier:

Terrance Howard

Ellen Page

Guy Pearce

Ewan McGreogor

Emma Stone

Ryan Gosling(Drive singlehandedly saves him)

Jason Statham(?)

I'm the greatest bad actor of all time!!! tier:

Tom Cruise

I'M THE GREATEST BAD ACTOR OF ALL TIME!!!!1 Tier:

Nic Cage

WE SUCK HOW DID WE LAND THESE GIGANTIC ROLES??? tier:

Paul Walker

Keanu Reaves

Sometimes I care about money and lifting weights, other times I only care about money tier:

Dwayne Johnson

"So I went to LA and told a desperate director I could act" Tier:

Owen Wilson

Megan Fox

Shia Lebouf

I am here to kill you and your stupid movie tier:

Kristen Stewart

Edited by Fenrir

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know very many actors and I don't really watch much either x3

But the only one I can remember right now is Jim Carrey

Oh and Zooey Deschanel

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't really know very many actors and I don't really watch much either x3

But the only one I can remember right now is Jim Carrey

Oh and Zooey Deschanel

I haven't seen many movies with either of them, though I've heard they're both good actors.

I actually think Tom Cruise is a good actor. The Last Samurai's one of my favorite films. God I hate him as a person, though.

Also, you hate Owen Wilson? I love that guy, man! His smarmy shtick in most of his big roles is charming as hell.

I guess I really like Don Cheadle and would put him up - but I don't watch a lot of movies. It's also clear to me there's some important Matt Damon stuff I've missed (goodwill hunting IIRC) - I'd never expect him to be so high.

I forgive Owen Wilson...

You've done this before, or no?

I thought Tom Cruise did a good job in Collateral. I'm not sure I've seen him in a lot besides that. Mission Impossible is fun - because of him, though, I'm not sure I'd say.

I recently saw parts of the 4th, and someone mentioned that he actually did the building climbing scene himself. So I think if he puts that kind of dedication - well I'd assume that takes dedication - into his work and gets results, he's not that bad an actor.

BUT goddamn scientology...

Caaaall hiiiiiiim South Park's Isaac Hayes,

He won't answer anymore.

Not the friendly caring school chef

Nor the splicings who felt amour...

Edited by Mouse

I actually think Tom Cruise is a good actor. The Last Samurai's one of my favorite films. God I hate him as a person, though.

Also, you hate Owen Wilson? I love that guy, man! His smarmy shtick in most of his big roles is charming as hell.

I know some people love Tom Cruise, and I know some of his movies are fun, but I just can't convince myself he's actually a good actor.

I can't stand Owen Wilson lol

I guess I really like Don Cheadle and would put him up - but I don't watch a lot of movies. It's also clear to me there's some important Matt Damon stuff I've missed (goodwill hunting IIRC) - I'd never expect him to be so high.

Cheadle's money. I'll put him into the next tier.

I forgive Owen Wilson...

You've done this before, or no?

I thought Tom Cruise did a good job in Collateral. I'm not sure I've seen him in a lot besides that. Mission Impossible is fun - because of him, though, I'm not sure I'd say.

I recently saw parts of the 4th, and someone mentioned that he actually did the building climbing scene himself. So I think if he puts that kind of dedication - well I'd assume that takes dedication - into his work and gets results, he's not that bad an actor.

BUT goddamn scientology...

Caaaall hiiiiiiim South Park's Isaac Hayes,

He won't answer anymore.

Not the friendly caring school chef

Nor the splicings who felt amour...

I just Owen Wilson... Can't.

Ok, Tom Cruise DOES do his own stunts. Now you're convincing me.

No.

Add Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler to the list now.

Will add Sandler, forgot him. Need help on where to even put Ben Stiller. Meet the Fockers was great, but I've only ever seen night at the museum besides that.

Heehee that's a lot of movies that Jim Carrey's in x3 Probably Zooey too?

And yeah I tend to watch movies just because Jim Carrey's in it

While my brother watches movies just because Zooey's in it~~~

Oh yeah so if you like Morgan Freeman and are curious about Jim Carrey, they're both in Bruce Almighty =o

Edited by Freohr Datia

I haven't seen many movies with either of them, though I've heard they're both good actors.

Jim Carrey's a pretty good actor, but he's often typecast. I've seen some of his more serious movies and they can be pretty good, but it seems he's better off playing the nutball character.

You really should check out Ace Ventura and The Mask if you've never seen them. They're 90s comedy classics, like a time machine to a better decade. ;__;

Maybe it's because his career as a bodybuilder outshines his career as a film star or something.

oh oh ok whatever

answer me this man

what actor has had such a screen presence that he has overshadowed everyone else in any film he has been in?

i will literally watch movies because they have anne hathaway in them

this is a proven fact

I planned on putting Anne Hathaway in, but couldn't differentiate her acting and sexual appeal well enough. So she's yet another person I'm super conflicted/confused on.(There were a couple more actresses like this)

Actually, fuck what I just said. You're a mod now. Go edit her in where you want.

also what about the disney kid actors

Yeah, put Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus in there.

Idk if you guys are joking. But, left off people better known for other things than acting.

Heehee that's a lot of movies that Jim Carrey's in x3 Probably Zooey too?

And yeah I tend to watch movies just because Jim Carrey's in it

While my brother watches movies just because Zooey's in it~~~

Oh yeah so if you like Morgan Freeman and are curious about Jim Carrey, they're both in Bruce Almighty =o

I have seen Bruce Almighty. I'll put him in the so good at my role tier. He seems to fit.

(EDIT: then I decided to break that tier up a little since it was crowded. Added the AARP tier!)

Jim Carrey's a pretty good actor, but he's often typecast. I've seen some of his more serious movies and they can be pretty good, but it seems he's better off playing the nutball character.

You really should check out Ace Ventura and The Mask if you've never seen them. They're 90s comedy classics, like a time machine to a better decade. ;__;

Or maybe the "I'll put him in the so good at my role tier. He seems to fit." reply goes here? Anyway, I think he's a little like Tom Cruise in that you love him or hate him. Only both sides have way less passion.

where the fuck is arnold schwarzenegger in your list!?

mmmmm lindsay lohan

Maybe it's because his career as a bodybuilder outshines his career as a film star or something.

Precisely. Arnold's a huge star in part because of his off stage achievements. Govenator etc.

oh oh ok whatever

answer me this man

what actor has had such a screen presence that he has overshadowed everyone else in any film he has been in?

Well that's not always a good quality for actors to have, but, Liam Neeson, Will Smith, Will Ferrell, Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie?

Edited by Fenrir

Literally every actor I know, counting myself, is better than Jim Carrey, and none of them will be nearly as successful. Carrey did decently in the Truman Show as 'only somewhat of a (largely sympathetic) prat', and is a total fuckup in everything else he's ever touched. I would rather die of gangrene of the testes than act alongside him.

I planned on putting Anne Hathaway in, but couldn't differentiate her acting and sexual appeal well enough. So she's yet another person I'm super conflicted/confused on.(There were a couple more actresses like this)

Actually, fuck what I just said. You're a mod now. Go edit her in where you want.

I dunno if he's allowed to edit in the section that he isn't moderating...

Literally every actor I know, counting myself, is better than Jim Carrey, and none of them will be nearly as successful. Carrey did decently in the Truman Show as 'only somewhat of a (largely sympathetic) prat', and is a total fuckup in everything else he's ever touched. I would rather die of gangrene of the testes than act alongside him.

You are the Darth Maul to Life's Emperor Palpatine.

oh oh ok whatever

answer me this man

Hah, I was just being an ass, I think Arnold belongs on the list.

I honestly dunno the answer. I'll note, though, that I generally like movies with more than one outshining actor, and I'm not sure where Arnold Schwarz has appeared with, say, the other actors on this list. But it doesn't matter that much.

Bruce Willis might be in a similar situation, I'm not sure. I haven't seen a lot of his good movies.

Precisely. Arnold's a huge star in part because of his off stage achievements. Govenator etc.

Nnnnnot really? I mean, that certainly helped, but he was already super famous because of Conan and Terminator. Hell, you even even used one of his commonly used nicknames: Governator. That's telling of how famous his role as The Terminator is.

But I don't see how any of that is relevant to how he belongs in We're watching your movie just for you tier anyway.

(He belongs in We're watching your movie just for you tier, by the way)

Edited by Nightmare

Nnnnnot really? I mean, that certainly helped, but he was already super famous because of Conan and Terminator. Hell, you even even used one of his commonly used nicknames: Governator. That's telling of how famous his role as The Terminator is.

But I don't see how any of that is relevant to how he belongs in We're watching your movie just for you tier anyway.

(He belongs in We're watching your movie just for you tier, by the way)

Because of that...ya, pretty much.

However, the extraneous stuff is important because if a bunch of people are watching a movie for non-film reasons (oh he has an interesting off-stage life, or onstage non-commercial film life), then that's relevant to the tier to some extent.

Edited by Mouse