So how many 100% canon pairs are there in the series?

simmeh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to say that all of RD's paired endings are canon, because there is only one instance of any pairing except Ike's ending, in which case there probably isn't a definitive answer. Path of Radiance had limited supports each player could make and yet all the information from PoR was canon and expanded in the base conversations. This happens to be a game where the designers had all the relationships actually plotted out instead of leaving things to the players. Plus, certain things in Awakening imply some pairings happened and were passed down in legend.

So that means:

Micaiah x Sothe

Elincia x Geoffrey

Jill x Haar

Astrid x Makalov

Naesala x Leanne

Boyd x Mist

Lucia x Bastian in Bastian's headcanon but he gets spurned forever

Oliver x Himself

Path of Radiance confirmed pairing:

Calill x Largo

Also FE7:

Isadora x Harken is confirmed canon, since they're already married in the game. Apparently they're just engaged? But this seems pretty canon.

I feel Roy x Lilina is HEAVILY implied to be the canon pairing in FE6/7. They have a fast support in an era where supports are notoriously slow, Eliwood and Hector introduce the kids in the FE7 epilogue, and Lilina's the girl on the box and is pretty much the only other character from the game who is ever brought up in other game installments and spinoffs. Her ending with Roy also makes the most sense out of any of the girls and is the only one that actually bumps Roy up in status (basically pushing him up to a king).

Edited by Samias

i don't understand why people say Ike must have married in order to have children. it's hardly necessary, and Intelligent Systems has involved more morally questionable things in the Fire Emblem series than an extramarital affair.

And then another thread was consumed by Ike arguments. -_-

Anyways, getting back on topic.

Are you talking about that one guy that kept proclaiming that HectorxFarina was canon? I remember reading that. It was pretty great.

And as I recall, AbelxPalla was like MarthxCatria, unrequited love and all that. I'd like to think that HarkenxIsadora is canon, since they were engaged, but seeing as how she can marry Renault or Legault, I'm not sure.

Don't forget Orson x his dead slut-of-a-wife that Lyon resurects.

Edited by Evalcin

Elbert x Eleanora

Roy should have been named Elroy.

Don't forget Orson x his dead slut-of-a-wife that Lyon resurects. necrophilia

That's not a fair statement. There's no evidence that Monica was a slut, she seemed very faithful to her darling Orson.

Plus, certain things in Awakening imply some pairings happened and were passed down in legend.

Such as?

I still don't believe any of RD's paired endings are 100% canon since they are all optional.

Such as?

I still don't believe any of RD's paired endings are 100% canon since they are all optional.

It really depends on how you want to interpret how much it is based on the real events, but the Japanese support between Donnel and Olivia mention a song centered around Naesala and Leanne.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It really depends on how you want to interpret how much it is based on the real events, but the Japanese support between Donnel and Olivia mention a song centered around Naesala and Leanne.

True. It just implies that two close bird laguz friends, a heron and raven, were reunited, though, the way I see it. I did not pick up any romantic vibes from it (and I'm quite good at doing so), and this is just how I expected IS to do things like this. :P:

Heck, it doesn't actually mention Naesala and Leanne at all. It just says heron princess and raven prince. In fact, Naesala is a king, not a prince. It might not even be them the song is referring to, just the bird laguz.

EDIT: Oh wait, I didn't read all of it. It does get romantic at the end. My mistake. But it still says prince, which is kind of weird...

Edited by Anacybele

So Naesala and Leanne is canon in Japan but not America?

So Naesala and Leanne is canon in Japan but not America?

Well, to be fair, that isn't an isolated case. Duma's Remains renamed to Demon's Ingle anyone?

At any rate, in a game filled with references to the past games, it's too much of a coincidence to not be the real deal. Notice the song mentions things like the White Heron Princess loosing her home due to being burnt down, and reuniting with the Raven Prince on a Heron Forest.

Besides, one has to consider that it is a song, not a historical record. The details tend to get lost or changed as time goes on, especially on an adaptation that's not meant to be faithful to the source in the first place.

Besides, one has to consider that it is a song, not a historical record. The details tend to get lost or changed as time goes on, especially on an adaptation that's not meant to be faithful to the source in the first place.

Yeah, good point. So it really could be inaccurate. lol

But I do like Naesala and Leanne as a pair and do plan to use the pairing in writing. I just fear 100% canon confirmation on a certain knightxprincess pairing that I hate with a passion.

Edited by Anacybele

About Jill x Haar... If they have a A-rank support, Jill have a husband, but not only they don't mention Haar as being her husband, but Haar's ending don't change at all, so I think it's not really canon. Who knows, maybe Haar played the matchmaker and presented her to one of his friend...

Ashnard X Almedha is canon (even if they didn't really loved each other). Ena X Rajaion is canon too. And Oliver X Himself is totally canon too. And that's pretty much what I can think of right now.

Why would Jill's husband not be Haar if that ending can only be achieved when she has an A support with him? :/

Also, Rajaion died, so Ena's a free girl.

RE: Tellius stuff

I haven`t actually played RD, so I just kind of went with what I saw. It seems to be a touchy subject that I'm a bit wary of wading into. I really just took the paired endings from the site and threw them up there.

RE: Gaiden stuff

I always understood that Mycen was Alm and Celica`s adopted grandfather - at the very least we can say that Mycen is not biologically related to Alm. Later today I'm going to test the Sevr x Jenny thing (I think I have a savestate at the final battle). The epilogue says that Jenny married one of her companions, and Sevr is the only character who gets an unspecified wife, so I took that as a hint that they might be another pairing. It'll probably turn out to be a bust, but I just want to make 100% certain. Also, do people consider Boey x Mae a romantic relationship, or just platonic 'bicker buddies'?

...Are you talking about that one guy that kept proclaiming that HectorxFarina was canon? I remember reading that. It was pretty great...

Yeah, it's probably the same guy. He posted, "Hextor x Farina is canon," on the FE7 board but was driven off. He then posted his entire bleeding list on the Awakening board, which included almost anything and everything you could think of (it even had a 'Karel x Wo Dao' entry). And while Hector x Farina was probably the most controversial pairing on his list, it wasn't the only thing that seemed suspect (Lyn x Rath, Legault x Isadora, Percival x Cecilia, perhaps a lack of Zeiss x Ellen).

As I said, I attempted to argue with him. Not about the pairings themselves, as I don't have an issue with people's headcanons, but more about his abuse of the word 'canon' and his overall conduct ("read it and weep, Hector x Florina fans"). It came to a head when I put up a 6-post, 18000 character argument. Of the dozen or so talking points in that argument, he ignored all but one, and that one he did address he simply handwaved as irrelevant ("you can't compare the stories and fanbases of Fire Emblem to Golden Sun/Knights of the Old Republic because they're different games made by different companies"). I gave up shortly afterwards. He was either trolling or completely deluded, and both of those positions made him completely untouchable by any argument, sane or otherwise.

RE: Tellius stuff

I haven`t actually played RD, so I just kind of went with what I saw. It seems to be a touchy subject that I'm a bit wary of wading into. I really just took the paired endings from the site and threw them up there.

Well, I have played the Tellius games to death, so I'll give you the accurate list of 100% canon pairings. :)

Largo x Callil

Greil x Elena

Brom x unnamed wife

Meg x unnamed husband

I would count Rajaion and Ena, but as I said, the former died, so Ena is a free girl now. Shame, they seemed to have such a strong and cute love. Ashnard and Almedha never loved one another, I think.

By that logic, would GreilxElena no longer be canon because Elena died?

Except Greil also dies and he never took another wife. So he and Elena are together in the afterlife.

Edited by Anacybele

RE: Tellius

I've played PoR; it's actually one of my favourite GCN games. I've just never played RD because I never owned a Wii.

RE: Sevr x Jenny

Busted (in case anyone cared). Killing either of them doesn't change the other's ending. Oh well, it was a nice theory.

But Leila dies and Matthew can marry Serra, I believe.

Which only means that Matthew/Serra is an option. No matter what you do in the story, Matthew and Leila were together at some point, then she died. So it's still technically canon.