Why do the mounts have to die?

Seriously. Why do you murder the mounts as well as the riders? I mean, wyverns I can see--they'd likely retaliate in some way or another. But horses? I remember in FE9 the horses and falcons didn't die. (The wyverns were questionable--they could have just been sad) It just makes no sense to me.

Seriously. Why do you murder the mounts as well as the riders? I mean, wyverns I can see--they'd likely retaliate in some way or another. But horses? I remember in FE9 the horses and falcons didn't die. (The wyverns were questionable--they could have just been sad) It just makes no sense to me.

Personally, that was what didn't make sense to me about the Tellius games - how does the rider die while their mount gets off unscathed? Especially when magic is involved.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't like the thought of murdering innocent and helpless mounts, so in my headcanon, we just knock them down and out; they might have a few injuries, but we care for them after the fight and send them back to Ylisse or wherever mounts are needed. Oh, but we keep several handy in the army whenever we have someone reclass that needs a new mount. That's how I justify it in my head...

Speaking of which, where the f*** do these Risen keep finding pegasus, griffons, and wyverns? I could maybe see them finding horses to use (they're pretty common) but I always thought the others were a lot rarer. And why do they willingly bear these creepy riders? It never made sense... :/

I don't like the thought of murdering innocent and helpless mounts, so in my headcanon, we just knock them down and out; they might have a few injuries, but we care for them after the fight and send them back to Ylisse or wherever mounts are needed. Oh, but we keep several handy in the army whenever we have someone reclass that needs a new mount. That's how I justify it in my head...

Speaking of which, where the f*** do these Risen keep finding pegasus, griffons, and wyverns? I could maybe see them finding horses to use (they're pretty common) but I always thought the others were a lot rarer. And why do they willingly bear these creepy riders? It never made sense... :/

While it is strange that Risen horses don't turn to dust too, its possible IS just didn't use a new model. Notably everyone rides the same horse as others of their class, Kellam and Sully will both ride a blue armored horse as a great Knight despite it not going with their color scheme. So its possible Risen horses are undead as well.

If IS had time, they would probably ride demonic horses like this daein horse.

FE9_Paladin_%28Rikard%29.png

You're taking a video game too seriously.

This. It is a collection of pixels that have fallen to the ground (which is also pixels).

Edited by #based

I think this game does a great job communicating that the mounts die too. I've just always assumed they've died in other games as well, but it was only properly communicated.

It's part of the war as well. You're not supposed to feel good about killing their riders either, in my humble opinion.

It's part of the war as well. You're not supposed to feel good about killing their riders either, in my humble opinion.

YEAAH! BLOOD!

Its really hard to pity those guys when such hilarious things get said in their direction.

You're taking a video game too seriously.

But but but...it's so fun to take silly games seriously! D:

Mounts play on Casual Mode. Don't worry.

lol

This. It is a collection of pixels that have fallen to the ground (which is also pixels).

I thought they were collections of polygons at this point?

Logically, the mounts have to die.

Why do you think a Pegasus Knight dies when a bow hits her? Sumia is not inherently more vulnerable to being shot by an arrow than Lissa is. It's a near-certainty, however, that the flying weakness represents her pegasus taking a fatal shot and dumping her soon-to-be-dead ass off. It's the fall that kills the rider.

I suppose in the case of a horse it's a bit different but again, Beast Killer is clearly targeting the horse (unless you're Yarne). So mounts are in fact a legitimate target and yes, they tend to die.

Logically, the mounts have to die.

Why do you think a Pegasus Knight dies when a bow hits her? Sumia is not inherently more vulnerable to being shot by an arrow than Lissa is.

No, but with that huge gap in the back of her armor, Cherche is more vulnerable to bows than most.

Edited by MagicLeafy

It does make me sad, but this IS a war game. :( I get sad when I have to kill the opposing enemy, especially in situations like Chapter 10. I just insist everyone is in Casual Mode and nobody dies for real. "OTL

It does make me sad, but this IS a war game. :( I get sad when I have to kill the opposing enemy, especially in situations like Chapter 10. I just insist everyone is in Casual Mode and nobody dies for real. "OTL

I hate chapter 10. T_T

I hate being forced to fight an enemy that has no will to fight me.

I also hate being guilt tripped about it.