FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

Hmm, I thought I had more content updated but apparently not as much as I thought I'd have. Anyway, here's some of the new stuff added in (very) recently:

GBoBoEN.pngzUPEQwX.png

Droppable gold, like in FE8. The gold goes directly into the war chest instead of being an item you need to sell. Many enemies carry it too, making it a source of easy experience for Dew, although it does make it harder to get some of the better loot...

fWFX8a8.png

The supply has *finally* been added after several months of procrastination. From the start of the game you'll have access to the supply in the prep screen, as well as accessing it on the map. For now it works like in FE4, you'll have to access it by visiting a home castle instead of consulting with a merchant.

Don't ask how Dew sends all his loot directly there.

K3q5EHA.png

Finally, here's two new skills added that change the dynamics of battle. Arden becomes even more of a walking ball of pure, impenetrable defense, with attacks dealing literal scratches whenever he has full health. Keep him topped off and nothing will be able to kill him!

Ol3vgZd.png

Meanwhile, Verdane becomes a surprisingly vicious threat with its new skill. Earlier builds of the hack became extremely difficult to survive when everyone and their mother had access to this ability. Keeping an eye out for units with this skill is vital for success...

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as long as Arden stays put on the castle (and only fights one enemy per enemy phase), he's basically invincible.

Hopefully the AI is set to go seize those castles (meaning he has to guard them) because otherwise Arden's gonna demand some healspam to make use of that skill reliably.

I feel like using Ardan to reduce every boss fight to piddly amounts of work will be an effective strategy. It seems his skill works against weapons AND magic both.

Well, good luck not getting doubled! On a related note, here is an opportunity for you, the audience, to give feedback! Let me know what you think of the following planned change to the stat screen.

wAswtiH.png

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

I prefer character growths to be a surprise personally, but this is a neat feature, especially for planning out inheritance.

Would it be possible to make the variable stat text colors a toggleable option? I'm not sure offhand but I think there's a free bit or two in the options bytes.

Might I suggest another colour, than grey, maybe? Typically greyed out text has meant "not usable by this character"--until someone pointed it out I kind of thought it meant that some unit couldn't use certain stats for whatever reason ._.

Might I suggest another colour, than grey, maybe? Typically greyed out text has meant "not usable by this character"--until someone pointed it out I kind of thought it meant that some unit couldn't use certain stats for whatever reason ._.

I actually agree with Agro. The greyed out text has a certain association, so it causes a bit of a mental disconnect.

Also Pi, you should stream/record your spriting again.

• 1 month later...

Pi, I have a request.

Could I serve as your spelling/grammar checker? I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi, and I've already noticed a few things missing here and there. If you wouldn't mind or haven't already found somebody suitable to the task, I'd really appreciate if you'd let me do this.