Do you stock up on weapons and items or do you use whatever the game gives at the moment?

IceBrand

In Fire Emblem games shop owners gives different weapons throughout the chapters. Each usually selling different goods. When you buy do you stock up and buy a certain amount of weapons(like iron and killer weapons) to use for later? Or do you just use whatever the games gives you and press on?

Depends on the game. In Awakening and Sacred Stones, since you can buy from the world map (note that in the latter, a shop's inventory on the map may differ from its in-battle inventory), it doesn't really matter to me, particularly in the latter when iron is sold in the preparation screen. In other games, I may or may not stock up in advance.

I stock up a lot in most things, and just use Iron stuff most of the time, or until I can have Killer weapons. Exceptions: Awakening because free shopping, but I pretty much only use what I can buy right back without a Spotpass team, (even though I can free shop in SS, I manage weapons like in FE7) and in FE9&10 I prefer Steel stuff. Those poor Elixers/effective weaponry/Silvers.

Depends on the game, really.

In FE5, I generally buy nothing except a crapton of wind tomes, because pretty much anything else the shops sell is either way too expensive, ridiculously bad, or both.

In FE6, FE7, FE8, FE10 and FE11, I generally buy a stock of iron weapons (E rank magic included) when I get the chance, but not enough to last me the entire game - only enough to last me until I get the silver card. Then I buy whatever I want (which usually ends up being more iron weapons anyway). I usually don't buy anything besides iron weapons, javelins and hand axes, though - I do use stronger weapons when appropriate, but I tend to make do with what the game gives me by default.

In FE9, I stock up on anything I like using - steel weapons, D rank magic (both because of WExp) and steel blades, mostly.

Not light magic, though. FE9 light magic can go to hell.

In FE12, I don't really buy anything except stat boosters. The game gives you more than enough weapons to last you throughout the entire game, even good ones like silvers.

In FE13, I buy pretty much whatever the hell I want, except really expensive stuff like silvers or killers. I buy anything that is discounted unless it's silvers, as fighting the skirmishes floods me with silvers.

I'm somewhat of a hoarder... I buy lots of weak, cheap weapons and end up having everyone just use those. Things like Killer, Brave, Silver weapons, I keep on people in case they need the extra damage boost, but more often than not I don't do much shopping.

...I always end up with a whole lot of gold I can't bear to spend this way. I also end up hoarding stat-booster items. My miserly tendencies make the game inadvertantly harder on me. x.x

I will stock up like mad on Reaver weapons and Javelins/Hand Axes.

For Iron/Steel weapons, I'll buy a couple of each if I pass a shop. Silvers I only really dabble with for something like a Pegasus Knight. My peggies can go through a LOT of silvers if I can spare the gold.

I buy lots of Killers and Silvers and El-tomes. In Tellius and Awakening, lots of Arc-tomes. I usually hoard the more awesome stuff like legendary weapons. But i use Braves like a madwoman.

I run a LOT of skirmishes, so I pick up a ton of weapons that way. I'm extremely stingy on my legendaries, and if I'm running low on a particular type of weapon, I'll stockpile them in the shop.

There are some things I burn through like crazy. Steel weapons are my favorite type to use, so those are gone in a heartbeat and a half. Some character perma-get Killing weapons: Virion is never without his Killer Bow nor Lon'qu without his Killing Edge, so I have to keep quite a bit of those on my person.

In games that have a Silver Card, I generally buy just enough iron weapons and E-rank tomes and staves to get me to the next shop, and then go nuts once I have the Silver Card (again, buying mostly iron weapons and E-rank tomes and staves).

I don't like buying (or using) really expensive weapons and magic, except maybe Physic staves because of the Experience they provide, and Luna in FE7 because it's a veritable game-breaker.

I think the "Funds" ranking in FE7 has made me overly conscious of my assets.

I do! Hoard up on those steel weapons, as soon as my regular units can use them, I ditch all their iron stuff and give those to my prepromotes. For a lot of Sacred Stones, I just made sure I had all my units outfitted well and 3 or so extra steel swords/steel lances in the convoy at all times. That always carried me through to the next armory/vendor on the world map. Whenever the monsters pop up you can't go back that way unless you fight a skirmish, which I never really spent time doing, so ;):