SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saat.png

I wonder how much Rosalina's and Luma's moves will differ and in what ways. I have a feeling Luma's attacks will deal more percent damage, Rosalina's attacks will have more range, but both will have the same amount of knockback.

I think Luma may very well be our 6th Mario character in disguise.

Like in a way, it's a summonable Sheik to Rosalina's Zelda.

It certainly does look that way, Rosalina may be difficult to master because of the differences/remote control

I think Luma may very well be our 6th Mario character in disguise.

Like in a way, it's a summonable Sheik to Rosalina's Zelda.

Hmm... I wonder if Sakurai will consider it that way or not. I know he doesn't consider Popo and Nana or Olimar and Pikmin to be separate characters, but he does consider Zelda and Sheik, Samus and Zero Suit Samus, and all three of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as separate characters.

It certainly does look that way, Rosalina may be difficult to master because of the differences/remote control

I hope Rosalina won't be too hard to use. Even if her playstyle works miserably with me, I'll still force myself to be good with her. I've actually been replaying Brawl lately and trying to become good with Lucario and King Dedede, just so I'll get the hang of forcing myself to be good with characters whose playstyle clashes with mine. Besides, Marth and Ice Climbers initially heavily clashed wtih my playstyle at first, but I eventually practiced with them enough until they became my 1st and 2nd best characters, respectively.

The rage over her being an assist will be somewhat big from WarioWare fans

Eh... I don't really see why they'd be that angry about it. I know that Ashley was probably the most wanted Wario newcomer among the Smash fanbase, but I should think that most people should know that Wario getting another character is quite a long shot. No offence to the Wario series, but I feel like it's in the same boat as Yoshi, where they were put in a Mario sub-series in Smash Bros. rather than the Mario main series in order to get more series representation in.

Wario fans are already bitter with Sakurai having personal bias against the Wario Land games (Where many were hoping his moveset would come from) this only will stoke it

So we now have another new assist trophy, wonder if the old ones are returning?

Beginning to wonder that myself, wait a mo they are we saw Starfy on Christmas

Wario fans are already bitter with Sakurai having personal bias against the Wario Land games (Where many were hoping his moveset would come from) this only will stoke it

Ah. I guess that's understandable, since the Wario series started with Wario Land games. Come to think of it, I guess by all rights Captain Syrup should be an Assist Trophy before any of the Warioware cast should. Anyways, I’m not really too peeved about how Wario is represented, since the cast for Wario games (besides Wario) changes quite a bit between games (like how Warioware and Wario Land characters besides Wario never show up in each other’s Wario sub-series) and it’s not like there’s absolute staple characters like in Mario or Star Fox. Also, since a lot of the represented Nintendo series are platformers, having Wario represent minigame compilations through Warioware helps give more game genre representation and variety.

In a way, I feel like Sakurai didn't have Wario's character in Smash Bros. heavily influenced by Wario Land since he'd hardly be as unique if he was based off of Wario Land. I mean, if Sakurai gave Wario his running style and ground pound from the Wario Land games, he'd be quite similar to quite a few characters (like Mario and Luigi from his running style and Yoshi and Bowser from his the ground pound). Since Wario is known for doing a lot of awkward things (like eating lots of garlic), I think Sakurai wanted to expand on Wario’s awkward personality in Smash Bros. by making him do lots of awkward things in his movement and attacks like the way he walks and runs to using his head a lot in his attacks (like his down aerial, up smash, and back air). Yeah, I know Yoshi uses his head a lot in his moves, but as a dinosaur, it’s probably safer and a lot less painful on yourself to do that than if you’re a human using your head to attack. As for Mario, Luigi, and Game & Watch using their head in their up smashes, that’s only for one attack and a simple forward headbutt would hurt yourself a lot less than the attacks Wario does with his head (especially landing headfirst during his down aerial). Anyways, I feel that since Sakurai wanted to diversify characters a lot more in Brawl in terms of movement and attack animations, he felt that Wario was a character whose personality would fit well with awkward movements and attacks. I mean, the guy uses a baseball bat with his mouth and sticks Franklin Badges on his nose, yet it still feels completely in character for him since he’s that weird a guy.

Beginning to wonder that myself, wait a mo they are we saw Starfy on Christmas

I'm personally thinking that Starfy's staying since it wouldn't make much sense to stick in a different Assist Trophy from Starfy if Starfy himself isn't playable. Starfy is the main character of his series after all and having him replaced by a Starfy character as an Assist Trophy would hardly make much sense. Though for other series like Zelda or Fire Emblem where they already have the main characters in, they're going to switch around the Assist Trophies in order to give other characters from those more limelight since the really important characters already got it.

Hmm... I wonder if Sakurai will consider it that way or not. I know he doesn't consider Popo and Nana or Olimar and Pikmin to be separate characters, but he does consider Zelda and Sheik, Samus and Zero Suit Samus, and all three of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as separate characters.

I don't think Luma can be comparable to Pikmin. The Pikmin don't have their own movesets. I would say its somewhere between Nana and Sheik, as the character has a defined moveset (like Nana), but the moveset is different from the host character (like with Sheik). I think the big difference is that while it's possible to play Sheik or Zero Suit Samus on their own, it's impossible to play Luma on it's own (as far as we know).

Don't hold your breath.

I'm still waiting for the 'Mewtwo Returns' moment, and for Trainer Red to be confirmed as staying (I want Mega Charizard as a Final Smash!).

I'm not saying she will but a guy can dream. She's not an absolute want on my part but I just felt that WarioWare could have at least one more representative.

Did Mario shrink or did the heavyweights become bigger? Or maybe a combination of both? Mario definitely wasn't that small compared to Donkey Kong in any of the previous 3 Smash Bros. games. That screenshot practically has Donkey Kong being twice as tall as Mario.

I don't think Luma can be comparable to Pikmin. The Pikmin don't have their own movesets. I would say its somewhere between Nana and Sheik, as the character has a defined moveset (like Nana), but the moveset is different from the host character (like with Sheik). I think the big difference is that while it's possible to play Sheik or Zero Suit Samus on their own, it's impossible to play Luma on it's own (as far as we know).

You bring up a very good point. I guess that's the big deciding factor on whether or not Sakurai considers someone a separate playable character or not.