SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should come to terms with the fact that Chorus Men and Chrom are in. Sadly, it all points to that. Like I told Palutena and Jedi in Skype, I'm hoping that Chrom is just short for Chrom's daughter ;_;. Because I personally dislike Chrom quite a lot.

We should come to terms with the fact that Chorus Men and Chrom are in. Sadly, it all points to that. Like I told Palutena and Jedi in Skype, I'm hoping that Chrom is just short for Chrom's daughter ;_;. Because I personally dislike Chrom quite a lot.

Chroms cool bro, but yeah.

Prep for Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men and to lose one of Ness or Lucas. Unfortunately

Prep for Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men and to lose one of Ness or Lucas. Unfortunately

I'm hoping neither of them are cut. But if one of them has to be cut, I hope it's not ness. His status as a veteran and better moveset should keep him over Lucas idk.

Super off topic but could I have you and PKL's Skype names? It's fun talking to members on this board.

Meanwhile Captain Falcon is just in the hall of forgotten. Along with Snake and Wolf.

I believe both Ness and Lucas are safe. Ness has three-time veteran status and Lucas has default character status. Sakurai has never fully removed default characters and I doubt he'll start now.

But if I'm wrong, well, I'll be surprised.

Super off topic but could I have you and PKL's Skype names? It's fun talking to members on this board.

Meanwhile Captain Falcon is just in the hall of forgotten. Along with Snake and Wolf.

I really doubt Captain Falcon's gone, but I suppose it's possible, since Nintendo isn't doing anything with F-Zero these days. And I'm hoping against hope that Snake's back, even though I know he's not.

I believe both Ness and Lucas are safe. Ness has three-time veteran status and Lucas has default character status. Sakurai has never fully removed default characters and I doubt he'll start now.

But if I'm wrong, well, I'll be surprised.

What do you mean by "Default Character status"?

What do you mean by "Default Character status"?

I believe she means "Not unlockable". Which by no means indicates whether a character returns or not. Look at Pokémon Trainer.

I'm hoping neither gets cut, for the record.

Edited by Jave

What Jave said, except I do think it's an indicator. Pokemon Trainer could be argued as an exception, but he's kind of a special case due to Sakurai eliminating non-Final Smash transformation, plus Charizard is still around. So one part of the PT's roster is not cut.

Lucas isn't a transformer or anything, and Sakurai saw fit to make him a default/starting character.

Some personal opinions from the two players that were in the invitation. Take it with a grain of salt for now

Nooo, Marth, noooo. ;-;

Well...he says Marth was good in Brawl, whereas I suck playing as Marth in Brawl. ...Okay, I just suck at Brawl, period. So maaaaaybe there's hope for me, we'll see.

What Jave said, except I do think it's an indicator. Pokemon Trainer could be argued as an exception, but he's kind of a special case due to Sakurai eliminating non-Final Smash transformation, plus Charizard is still around. So one part of the PT's roster is not cut.

Lucas isn't a transformer or anything, and Sakurai saw fit to make him a default/starting character.

I don't know. I think your argument is too much theory and very little evidence, specially when you start arguing that PT is an exception and that Charizard partially counts for him, when in the grand scheme of things it DOES go against your theory.

I mean, let's look at some facts:

- With Roy being in FE13, Lucas is effectively the ONLY character in the Smash roster that's Japan-only in his own series. And even though you could argue Roy being in FE13 doesn't count, remember most people aren't betting on Roy's return.

- Earthbound/Mother is by all means a dead series. This is fact, as Shigesato Itoi stated he's not ever making a Mother 4 (although he's open to someone else taking over). You could argue that this may change, but as it stands right now, Mother as a series is over.

- Mother is a series with three games (out of which only one was localized) yet it has two characters in Smash. Proportionally speaking, that's quite a lot. People argue Sakurai favors Kirby and Kid Icarus (understandably), but in reality I think he favors Mother more, which is also understandable, considering the series was originally developed by HAL Labs.

When you put all that together, I think one can make a clear case on why Lucas may not come back. And again, I want to make it clear that I WANT Lucas to return. He was one of my mains in Brawl and I preferred him over Ness. But I'll be damned if I didn't think his returning chances are muddy. Of all the possible veterans (excluding the obvious Melee clones), he's definitely the one I'm worried about the most. The only thing Lucas has going for him is his Smash fanbase and his position as a veteran, regardless of whether he's a starter or not.

Well, I still believe Lucas will stay. There's also the fact that that one rumor I heard so long ago is still holding true, that Snake, ROB, and Pokémon Trainer would be the only cuts. It's looking pretty much as legit as the Gematsu leak at the moment.