SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh man... Seriously though, why get rid of DI? It worked just fine...

iirc some of the folks in the thread were talking about both vectoring and SDI being a thing

which didn't really make sense to me but w/e

iirc some of the folks in the thread were talking about both vectoring and SDI being a thing

which didn't really make sense to me but w/e

Since vectoring increases/decreases Knockback depending on the player being hit's input (instead of just influencing the angle of knockback) I bet there will be a lot more prediction involved in combos then ever before, and it looks like edge guarding will be at it's most important. Granted the game isn't out here (And that actually really bothers me that we aren't getting a world wide release), so I can only use other people's word and interpret it.

Edited by Shulk

And that actually really bothers me that we aren't getting a world wide release), so I can only use other people's word and interpret it.

Japan originally develops most, if not nearly all the games while the companies elsewhere just puts the games to our language barriers and expectations. But still...it is unfair that they didn't make this a worldwide release as Sakurai did this on purpose to troll us after the leaks happened. Which is why, that we aren't getting any new updates anymore thanks to those pricks. *nod* *nod* Sakurai, you've made the right decision. =)

Edited by PuffPuff

Japan originally develops most, if not nearly all the games while the companies elsewhere just puts the games to our language barriers and expectations. But still...it is unfair that they didn't make this a worldwide release as Sakurai did this on purpose to troll us after the leaks happened. Which is why, that we aren't getting any new updates anymore thanks to those pricks. *nod* *nod* Sakurai, you've made the right decision. =)

First off, I doubt the later release date has anything to do with the leaks. Secondly, punishing your entire player base in one part of the world for the actions of one person (who was part of the staff by the way) is extremely childish.

Thirdly, I guess I have been kind of spoiled by X and Y's (I guess OR/AS future release as well, although the delay on Europe is strange) world wide release.

Edited by Shulk

tumblr_nbx6bjLXb11qkq1zyo1_400.gif

They really captured Ike pretty well I think, if super manly dude was what they were going for. I can't wait to hear Jason Adkins rile me up with his monotone. God I hope he knows how to express emotion now.

Edited by Alertcircuit

In b4 Ana squeeing ~o3o~

Ike does look pretty badass in his victory pose though

I really hope Jason at least for better if he wasn't replaced entirely

Please let him be replaced >_<

8OEWvc.jpg

Since Sakurai refuses to post anymore Pic of the day's it'll be our duty...(In a way that it isn't spoilers of course. Aha ha haaaaa....)

Annnyway....my pic of the day...

Here is Ness and the Flying Man as well as the BG scene gives the Magicant stage a real kick. I have some others already, but they shall be revealed on release day in NA/EURO.

Edited by PuffPuff

Delays in Europe aren't strange. They happen all the time. I'm thankful we get some games at all.

Us Europeans are at the bottom of the foodchain when it's about game releases, aren't we?

I'm already glad that we don't get the game after the US release.

Btw: Germany gets the game one day early, because the third of October is a holiday. <3

Aya, you do know Sakurai is still posting PotDs, right?

He posted one about an improved fighter records just a few hours ago

I swear child

Oh.

-----

I do have a nice BG to show tommrrow.

Aya, you do know Sakurai is still posting PotDs, right?

He posted one about an improved fighter records just a few hours ago

I swear child

speaking of that record, I'm gonna bet my Mario record is going to be really high on that thing.

They really captured Ike pretty well I think, if super manly dude was what they were going for. I can't wait to hear Jason Adkins rile me up with his monotone. God I hope he knows how to express emotion now.

From what I've heard in the English taunts video him and Marth have their voice clips copy and pasted.

From what I've heard in the English taunts video him and Marth have their voice clips copy and pasted.

So does he still say his cheesy friend dialog in his victory animation in English unless they changed it?

edit:

This is rumor right now so take it with a grain of salt:

Also people are data mining the Japanese trophy icons and they found all the FE:A trophies but a certain character is missing.

The Tharja figure is not in any of the database despite it being in the leaks. The blank space in the image is the missing spot.

r7VtbZ9.jpg

k0NKpv3.jpg

Edited by kingddd

I'm unsure if "I Fight for my friends" is still there but his taunts in terms of his grunts and "You'll get no sympathy from me" are exactly the same tone as Brawl

Sakurai obviously went with the most popular FE:A characters... except Severa... I guess...

I doubt it. Most of these models are usually sent from the companies/studios themselves and they just put it into the game. So in this case, Intelligent Systems is the one providing the models for the characters. You can tell because most of them are just refined and fixed up models from the games themselves.

Edited by kingddd

In b4 Ana squeeing ~o3o~

Ike does look pretty badass in his victory pose though

I really hope Jason at least for better if he wasn't replaced entirely

Please let him be replaced >_<

See why I say Sakurai managed to increase his already high badassness factor? :D

I've seen Ike's victory poses already though lol, but believe me, I did squee hard. <3

Ike seems to have the Brawl clips though, unless Jason Adkins managed to somehow sound EXACTLY the same when recording. Which I don't think is possible, even if he hadn't improved. I think he did some lines pretty decently though. He does sound a bit bored in "I fight for my friends" and "prepare yourself' but "You'll get no sympathy from me" was amazing, as were his battle grunts and other taunts. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I doubt it. Most of these models are usually sent from the companies/studios themselves and they just put it into the game. So in this case, Intelligent Systems is the one providing the models for the characters. You can tell because most of them are just refined and fixed up models from the games themselves.

Probably, but that would mean simply that IS went with the more popular characters. (And yes, Lissa is pretty popular)

What I DO think is dumb is not putting trophies of Sumia, Cherche and Nowi. Considering Lucina has alts based on them, it would have been nice for those not familiar with the series to know where those colors come from.

I don't recall Lissa being that high on the Japanese poll. I think she was like number 13 or something. There are characters more popular than her that didn't get trophies (like Severa).

I don't recall Lissa being that high on the Japanese poll. I think she was like number 13 or something. There are characters more popular than her that didn't get trophies (like Severa).

But if we try to consider more than just popularity... well, Lissa is much more important to the story than Severa.

But can we please stop arguing about the most useless feature in Smash (unless stickers return)? Not that I don't like or appreciate the trophies, but it's not like it hurts anybody if unimportant-sidecharacter X gets a trophy and unimportant-sidecharacter Y doesn't.