SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Yeah, Game Theory often grasps straws but those are very interesting videos. The DNA analysis is kind of pushing it, as I'm not sure the artists would care that much about Peach being ambidextrous and so on, but the whole thing about the tree on the hill and Mushroom Kingdom and Rosalina's mom looking strikingly similar to Peach is interesting. Luigi being her father is really cool too, although that part is more difficult to really prove but hey who knows. Maybe Luigi gets with Peach and Mario is chilling with Pauline somewhere!

Also props to Einstein for coming up with a theory for basically near immortality. Never knew that.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is Donkey Kong Country 2.

It's still a little sad that they've limited the number of songs per stage to two. I'll wait till the WiiU version until I judge the soundtrack. But as it stands now, I'm missing quite a few songs (Not that I'd want to criticize).

I hope the WiiU-version gets another Kirbystage besides Halberd (never liked it) with some of the awesome final boss themes of the series. And don't let them ruin them like they did with Zero Two's theme.

I've seen that the awesome Stickerbrush Symphony (/Bramble Blast) remix from Brawl is in the game. It probably plays on Jungle Japes, right?

Finally I can fight to that song on a stage that isn't as awful as Rumble Falls. God, I love that omegamodefeature.

I like the omega stage more than the original version of Jungle Japes. Speaking of which, are there otheres here who like the omega than the original?

Rosalina's mom looking strikingly similar to Peach is interesting.

Like I said before, Rosalina was originally intended to be related to Peach, so this is probably what remains of that idea.

Yeah, Game Theory often grasps straws but those are very interesting videos. The DNA analysis is kind of pushing it, as I'm not sure the artists would care that much about Peach being ambidextrous and so on, but the whole thing about the tree on the hill and Mushroom Kingdom and Rosalina's mom looking strikingly similar to Peach is interesting. Luigi being her father is really cool too, although that part is more difficult to really prove but hey who knows. Maybe Luigi gets with Peach and Mario is chilling with Pauline somewhere!

Also props to Einstein for coming up with a theory for basically near immortality. Never knew that.

Time Dilation isn't near immortality in the slightest. It wouldn't extend your lifespan at all. You'd still live the expected 80-100 years but it would be from your perspective while the rest of the world would be on fast forward. Less immortality and more like one way time travel.

Dude that's not how canon works. Unless the creator (or someone important enough) comes out and claims that certain entries in a series are non-canon, we assume everything is canon.

The Mario series HAS an established canon. No way around that.

Since there is no officially recognised canon (or timeline) of the Marioverse, then we have to assume that there's no canon at all.

Time Dilation isn't near immortality in the slightest. It wouldn't extend your lifespan at all. You'd still live the expected 80-100 years but it would be from your perspective while the rest of the world would be on fast forward. Less immortality and more like one way time travel.

I didn't quite get that from the way it was explained in the video, I thought it just meant extremely slow aging. Thank you for elaborating for me then. That explains why people say only forwards time travel is possible.

Since there is no officially recognised canon (or timeline) of the Marioverse, then we have to assume that there's no canon at all.

There is a Mario timeline.

- Yoshi's Story

- Yoshi's Island

- Yoshi's New Island

- Yoshi's Island DS

- The past events in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

- Every other game in release date order.

That's it. Past events are referenced in Mario games all the time. The timeline is very clear on that.

I just want to say that I really like the Rosalina theory. It actually makes me appreciate Rosalina as a character a lot more. I mean, my reaction to her reveal was "we needed another female character, so I'm not going to complain, but this was sort of an odd choice." But if she's actually Peach's daughter (and the daughter of either Mario or Luigi, too), then that makes her way more important to the Mario series. Also makes me wish there was a Mario: The Next Generation game that showed an alternate story of Rosalina's Universe where she has to battle a grown-up versions of Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings (I know it's never going to happen, though, since Miyamoto has stated many times that he doesn't want Mario games to have deep stories or too much continuity).

It also makes her kind of like Lucina, travelling through time to hang out with her dead parents and whatnot.

There is a Mario timeline.

- Yoshi's Story

- Yoshi's Island

- Yoshi's New Island

- Yoshi's Island DS

- The past events in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

- Every other game in release date order.

That's it. Past events are referenced in Mario games all the time. The timeline is very clear on that.

There's multiple Mario timelines, actually. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was confirmed to take place in a different reality from the first game.

Hey guys, Sakurai addressed the lack of Ice Climbers. The gist of it is that they indeed weren't working on 3DS, and priority wasn't given to them because their series won't be having another game.

It also mentions that they were running on Wii U, which suggests they were fully made. If Ice Climbers don't appear on Wii U, the statement that the 3DS version wouldn't limit the Wii U version will turn out to have been a lie in the end.

Hey guys, Sakurai addressed the lack of Ice Climbers. The gist of it is that they indeed weren't working on 3DS, and priority wasn't given to them because their series won't be having another game.

It also mentions that they were running on Wii U, which suggests they were fully made. If Ice Climbers don't appear on Wii U, the statement that the 3DS version wouldn't limit the Wii U version will turn out to have been a lie in the end.

So will Sakurai leave their data in the Wii U version or make them playable?

Sorry, but I very much disagree. Sakurai probably made that statement before his team realized that they were never going to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS. I don't think he would tell an outright lie to his fans like that. In fact, I can't believe that you would even accuse him of such a thing. He made an unfortunate mistake, that is all.

Sorry, but I very much disagree. Sakurai probably made that statement before his team realized that they were never going to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS. I don't think he would tell an outright lie to his fans like that. In fact, I can't believe that you would even accuse him of such a thing. He made an unfortunate mistake, that is all.

Whether you consider it an outright lie or not doesn't really matter, but he definitely said something that wasn't true in the end. He shouldn't have been so adamant about both games having the same roster. I won't be surprised if this causes a lot of people to say there should never have been a 3DS version in the first place, because even if it's just this, it's clear that the 3DS version caused the Wii U version to be inferior to what it could have been.

Whether you consider it an outright lie or not doesn't really matter, but he definitely said something that wasn't true in the end. He shouldn't have been so adamant about both games having the same roster. I won't be surprised if this causes a lot of people to say there should never have been a 3DS version in the first place, because even if it's just this, it's clear that the 3DS version caused the Wii U version to be inferior to what it could have been.

But then wouldn't people complain that there would be no Smash for 3DS?

Like Jave said, Sakurai is only human and he makes mistakes. But unlike what Jave said, it doesn't make him a blatant liar. It makes him a human being.

I guess I'm weird in that I miss Wolf, Lucas, and even Snake way more than the Ice Climbers (and still Mewtwo most of all). I don't think we should rage against Sakurai about it, though. I mean, he made some weird decisions (like not putting in Mewtwo despite him being the most highly-requested character worldwide), and he tends to show bias towards series he was involved in, but calling him a liar for speaking too soon about something (I mean, lots of people make promises before they understand the full situation, and then end up failing to deliver on those promises. Doesn't make them bad people) is a little harsh.

Yeah, see, Steve has the right idea. I completely agree.

Also, if the Ice Climbers are indeed in the Wii U version, then by your logic, Red Fox, he'd still be a liar because it would make his statement about both versions having the same roster untrue.

Edited by Anacybele

This is already happening in gamefaqs, for one.

My personal thoughts on the ICs being cut because they couldn't work on the 3DS: I can understand that! Shit happens, things don't go as planned. But if they were actually working for the WiiU, I don't see a reason to cut them from the WiiU - roster equality or not.

Jesus, people:

Whether you consider it an outright lie or not doesn't really matter

He made a claim that turned out to not be true. Should I call it a falsehood instead? I made it clear that whatever word you want to use for it doesn't matter. What matters is the result.