SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Racing games aren't what they used to be. I still don't think they'd make anything more than a negligible profit at best if they pushed out a F-Zero Remastered

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Pit was put in after the new Kid Icarus was already in development?

Like how Roy was in Melee to hype up Binding Blade or something.

You know, F-Zero is actually a very entertaining game, yet the difficulty is quite high considering you're already dipped into a race of extreme speed.

The New Mute City theme is awesome; way better than Brawl's, but the Melee one will always be my favorite.

[spoiler=Mute City 3DS]

Also, Magicant theme.

[spoiler=Magicant T_T]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY35y2iL1d8

I was under the impression that Pit was put in after the new Kid Icarus was already in development?

Sakurai began Smash Development AFTER KIU was released. I kinda wanted Lana to be in the roster kind of how Roy's game was released after Melee.

Edited by Foolishly Capricious

Sakurai began Smash Development AFTER KIU was released.

I had no idea Super Smash Bros. Brawl began development in 2012.

That being said it looks like I might be wrong about it being done as a tie-in.

Nice image! But poor Fox... part of the original 12, and he doesn't get to be on either cover. I mean, for Captain Falcon, Jiggs, Luigi, and Ness it makes sense they don't make it on being hidden characters for two or more games, but Fox is one of the most popular characters in Smash! What a snub.

Nice image! But poor Fox... part of the original 12, and he doesn't get to be on either cover. I mean, for Captain Falcon, Jiggs, Luigi, and Ness it makes sense they don't make it on being hidden characters for two or more games, but Fox is one of the most popular characters in Smash! What a snub.

gotta add pit into everything though.

Pit is still his only franchise rep on the cover, at least. Shulk actually throws me off the most, but there's also more Mario reps than what seems logical. I guess they wanted more women on the cover and most of them are from the Mario games. I'm just really sad at the lack of Star Fox representation on the cover when Fox is one of the most memetic characters in Smash. Even Yoshi at least made it on the 3DS side.

I do like that Marth made it onto both covers.

You too, Ana. Don't let a jokey statement at the beginning deceive you. They're very well made videos.

A jokey statement that is kind of true.

A new F-Zero would be great. I think the idea that you can't make anything new out of it isn't true. A series revival game, along the likes of Kid Icarus Uprising but maybe more true to F-Zero than KIU was. Maybe slightly more accessible difficulty levels. New story, all that good stuff. Even make it for 3DS if you're not sure you want to spend the money to develop it for consoles.

I still own my Nintendo Power cd of Smashing! Live from when Melee came out, and find most of that music still in my car today, playing while I drive to work.

Quite a different case, Pit was teased at being playable as early as his Melee trophy. In Brawl he was added as a retro character but notably redesigned, after Brawl Sakurai was making a game with flight and ground combat. Originally planned to be a new star fox game. Kid Icarus Sakurai thought, would be perfect for it so he used the now redesigned Pit and Palutena into a brand new amazing adventure that tributes the first two games while having its own merits.

And so the game that was compared to Metroid became the game that was compared to Star Fox. The next Kid Icarus sequel will be about Pit riding an angel horse and solving puzzling dungeons, the one after will be a Strategy RPG.

And so the game that was compared to Metroid became the game that was compared to Star Fox. The next Kid Icarus sequel will be about Pit riding an angel horse and solving puzzling dungeons, the one after will be a Strategy RPG.

Haha! Well sadly Sakurai doesn't plan to do anything else with the franchise. Its entirely possible he wants Smash 4/5 (they have been stated to be the 4th and 5th iterations by Sakurai himself) to be their last hurrah plus he loved the game so the fair bit of bias I think is understandable to a point.

Haha! Well sadly Sakurai doesn't plan to do anything else with the franchise. Its entirely possible he wants Smash 4/5 (they have been stated to be the 4th and 5th iterations by Sakurai himself) to be their last hurrah plus he loved the game so the fair bit of bias I think is understandable to a point.

Kind of sad, I thought Uprising was pretty fun and I'd like a sequel. The game stands well by itself though so I guess it doesn't need one.

Stick around after the credits. Hades says there will be a sequel....in twenty five years time. Only twenty three years to go!

Kid Icarus: the Half-Life of Nintendo.

Kind of sad, I thought Uprising was pretty fun and I'd like a sequel. The game stands well by itself though so I guess it doesn't need one.

Don't worry at least we have Palutena's panties to look at and a black void of Peach and Zelda.

I don't think this needs spoilers, since the Japan game is out and everything is revealed...

But I saw this Ganondorf render! Good enough to be on the official site, if you ask me!

GanondorfSSB4Render.png

Some people have really nice skills!

Also, Bowser Jr!

480px-BowserJrSSB4Render.png

Though the quality is a little lower on this one.

I don't think this needs spoilers, since the Japan game is out and everything is revealed...

But I saw this Ganondorf render! Good enough to be on the official site, if you ask me!

GanondorfSSB4Render.png

Some people have really nice skills!

Also, Bowser Jr!

480px-BowserJrSSB4Render.png

Though the quality is a little lower on this one.

Ganondorf now has the wound from TP (It wasn't present in Brawl)! Also love the detail on his cape.