SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know the competitive community and Nintendo are both going for 2 stock, 5 mins. Best 2 of 3 etc

Not sure on legal stages and the rest of it but yeah.

Tourney? I might participate in one just to say i did it.

I'll second this. Though tbh I'm not nearly a 1337 uberplayer like you all probably are, and would be happier if there was a "SuprSrsMode" bracket and a "FilthyCasuals" bracket

As far as I know the competitive community and Nintendo are both going for 2 stock, 5 mins. Best 2 of 3 etc

Not sure on legal stages and the rest of it but yeah.

Eh, I think 2 stocks is too few, but if that's what they decide on.

I'll second this. Though tbh I'm not nearly a 1337 uberplayer like you all probably are, and would be happier if there was a "SuprSrsMode" bracket and a "FilthyCasuals" bracket

I doubt any of us here are high-level tournament players, unless you count Inui.

Well people like PKL who like, analyze the tier lists and analyze the shit out of every inch of the game are srsbzns. I play with people who play brawl who either can't use MetaKnight to his game-breaking potential, or don't even know that he's banned.

2 stocks seems like a decent starting point. I can see the amount increasing to 3 when the Meta Game starts advancing though. I'm free most Monday and Wednesday nights, and almost always the entire day on most Saturdays and Sundays. Also I'll have to get used to the new style of play. I've been playing a lot of Project M to pass the time recently. :P

Edited by Shulk

Eh, I think 2 stocks is too few, but if that's what they decide on. I doubt any of us here are high-level tournament players, unless you count Inui.

I'm not 100% on the 2 stocks its being thrown around a fair bit.

Also PKL is one of the best in his country so there's two at the least lol, I plan on trying to get to that level myself too (but I like all kinds of smash play too because I love the games and all the ways you can play em)

Two stocks is too few, imo. I say three to five. But it's up to whoever starts/runs the tournaments, so... :P

I personally think that when the Meta Game for Smash 4 really gets going we will end up with either 3 or 4 stock matches. (3 is more likely IMO)

Two stocks is too few, imo. I say three to five. But it's up to whoever starts/runs the tournaments, so... :P

I personally think 3 would work, but 2 may just as well. It does take awhile to get ko'ed sometimes due to the new blastzones.

Edit: Shulk you must have had a vision and knew I'd start with I personally think, and made it funny :P

Edited by JediSwordSaint

I personally think 3 would work, but 2 may just as well. It does take awhile to get ko'ed sometimes due to the new blastzones.

Edit: Shulk you must have had a vision and knew I'd start with I personally think, and made it funny :P

Errr... Um... Yes! That's definitely what happened.

To keep this post on topic though, for all those who plan to play competitively what goals do you have? I do realize that this is probably a stretch for me, but I'd like to aim to be the best Shulk player in my home province of Manitoba.

Errr... Um... Yes! That's definitely what happened.

To keep this post on topic though, for all those who plan to play competitively what goals do you have? I do realize that this is probably a stretch for me, but I'd like to aim to be the best Shulk player in my home province of Manitoba.

I just want to make good showings with my various favorites I love playing as tons of people in smash :)

I agree.

I usually die "by accident" and just having one left over life is REALLY overwhelming when the other guy has 2 stocks, and less than 50%. But I'll go with whatever we decide on.

Just as I was one of the best Ike (and Luigi too, actually) players at Zelda Universe, I want to be one of the best here too. :3

I recall there being one Luigi player over there that I just could never beat though. I don't remember who it was, but I remember being kinda envious because I lost to them all the time when we did Luigi vs Luigi. But no other Luigi player beat me from what I remember. ;D

Edited by Anacybele

Regarding the Stock thing, I feel like the main problem with 2 stock is that it may not give enough time to get a feel for how your opponent plays and adapt accordingly. There also is the issue of SDing being even more crippling than before if a player only has two lives, but 2 stock also manages to make it so even if you're behind you have a better chance of making a comeback compared to being 3 stocks behind in melee/2 stocks behind in brawl.

Edited by Shulk

Well, since I'm waiting for the Wii U version, I won't be able to join any tournaments right away, but I'm up for it when the Wii U version comes out. (hopefully other people are getting the Wii U version or both versions, because I can't have a tournament by myself).

Well, since I'm waiting for the Wii U version, I won't be able to join any tournaments right away, but I'm up for it when the Wii U version comes out. (hopefully other people are getting the Wii U version or both versions, because I can't have a tournament by myself).

I'm definitely gonna get the Wii U version as well as the 3ds version. It's highly likely that the Wii U version will be the version that gets the competitive scene really going.

Regarding the Stock thing, I feel like the main problem with 2 stock is that it may not give enough time to get a feel for how your opponent plays and adapt accordingly. There also is the issue of SDing being even more crippling than before if a player only has two lives, but 2 stock also manages to make it so even if you're behind you have a better chance of making a comeback compared to being 3 stocks behind in melee/2 stocks behind in brawl.

You'd have to be extremely retarded to SD yourself on what is basically Final Destination...

As for this tourney thing, I'm going to decline and spend my time hiding in the "For Fun" section, where none of you guys will ever find me...

Edited by NinjaMonkey