SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ya know, only two of those games were even out at Melee's time (LttP and Link's Awakening).But to cite Majora's Mask in particular when calling out Melee for representing "the worst Zelda games" is a ridiculous argument. You may not like it, but it's a pretty well-loved game. If part of your dislike of Melee is because it represents that game, that's fine, but say it as it is.

Okay then. I think Great Bay is boring, but I guess that's just me

also I'd sacrifice my firstborn sheep for a link's awakening stage like tal tal heights

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then. I think Great Bay is boring, but I guess that's just me

also I'd sacrifice my firstborn sheep for a link's awakening stage like tal tal heights

Do you have sheep? Cause I'd like that too. Something from the Oracle games would be nice as well. I don't think we even get music from them.

Edited by Jotari

Do you have sheep? Cause I'd like that too. Something from the Oracle games would be nice as well. I don't think we even get music from them.

Tarm ruins stage with changing seasons that affect the battlefield. <3

Oh, and music would be awesome as well. I can't comprehend how these great games can be overlooked so much.

Tarm ruins stage with changing seasons that affect the battlefield. <3

Oh, and music would be awesome as well. I can't comprehend how these great games can be overlooked so much.

Might not make sense in universe, but throw some Oracle of Ages in there too and have the ruins slowly regenerate/decay. Oh and the Dark Tower in the background slowly being built over the course of the match.

Edited by Jotari

What you want

(Ooh) Baby, I got

(Ooh) What you need

(Ooh) Do you know I've got it

(Ooh) All I'm askin'

(Ooh) Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)

Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home

(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

I ain't gonna do you wrong, while you're gone

Ain't gonna do you wrong (ooh) 'cause I don't want to (ooh)

All I'm askin' (ooh)

Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)

Baby (just a little bit), when you get home (just a little bit)

Yeah (just a little bit)

I'm about to give you all of my money

And all I'm askin' in return, honey

Is to give me my profits

When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)

Yeah baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)

When you get home (just a little bit)

Yeah (just a little bit)

Ooh, your kisses (ooh)

Sweeter than honey (ooh)

And guess what (ooh)

So is my money (ooh)

All I want you to do (ooh) for me

Is give it to me when you get home (re, re, re ,re)

Yeah baby (re, re, re ,re)

Whip it to me (respect, just a little bit)

When you get home, now (just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)

A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)

Whoa, babe (just a little bit)

A little respect (just a little bit)

I get tired (just a little bit)

Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)

You're runnin' out of fools (just a little bit)

And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)

(Re, re, re, re) 'spect

When you come home (re, re, re ,re)

Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)

And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)

I got to have (just a little bit)

A little respect (just a little bit)

looks insane is an opinion. if you look at a melee match with reasonably skilled players using any character except peach (she has her own stuff to use), they do use wavedashing and wavelanding. even peach gets some mileage out of it, actually. samus is actually decent, please don't group her with zelda. quality of aesthetics (that word is amazing) is subjective, once again... tripping was random and put people in awful positions. wavedashing was another option for people to skillfully use instead of, say, land in front of somebody's shield, they grab you on reaction before you grab them even though you read that they would shield instead of being able to wavedash back which covers roll and lets you dash grab. you made me laugh when you effectively said "anybody whose opinion doesn't match mine needs to shut up".

self destructing easily is a legitimate complaint. i think it's okay since it's something that almost needs to be sacrificed to make a game as complex as melee. you can't say melee's mechanics were "broken", but you can say you don't like them. stop looking in the mirror, some people don't find the amount of characters to be the thing that makes or breaks the game. some people that aren't you actually like melee because of the fast, complex gameplay. if you don't like that, that's fine, but you don't have to whine about it. did you seriously just call falco, who has consistently high placings in pretty much every tournament up to date, bad?

graphics don't make a game. the other stuff is just you whining about art styles that you don't prefer being used for the game. it's fine that you don't like them, but don't say melee is awful because they don't match your preferences. i'd also bet that you'd take some shots from zelda fans for "the worst zeldas thing" which i find funny.

easy justification for yoshi and mewtwo: "i don't care about graphics much". out of curiosity, would you also say 64 is a bad game because of its graphics, which are much worse than melee's?

To get completely off topic, what flaws does Zelda II have. Aside from obviously being a piece of media and therefore subjective to personal opinion. I mean what glaring design flaws does the game have?

Difficulty curve.

I agree that difficulty in itself is not necessarily a flaw, but Zelda II is quite terribly paced in that aspect. You start off with an okay challenge until you reach Death Mountain, where there is a big spike in difficulty. You have three lives to beat the whole maze of caves in order to get the Hammer, and you have to avoid those OP enemy lizards that throw axes at you while at it, and god forbid you don't reach a dead end.

Then for the midgame the difficulty goes down. There are a few roadblocks that might make you use a guide, but nothing too bad. But then you reach the last stretch towards the Great Palace and everything goes to shit. Just REACHING the damn thing is hard as hell, with lots of pits and enemies that kill you in cheap ways by pushing you into the lava. And there's the Great Palace itself. HUGE maze with powerful enemies. And Thunderbird. And DARK LINK. Two horribly cheap bosses in a row. What sucks is that you can't even grind your way out of this. Even at 8/8/8 things kill you real quick.

So it's not that the game is super hard. It's that the game doesn't prepare you for such a challenge. And that's kind of a fatal flaw.

Difficulty curve.

I agree that difficulty in itself is not necessarily a flaw, but Zelda II is quite terribly paced in that aspect. You start off with an okay challenge until you reach Death Mountain, where there is a big spike in difficulty. You have three lives to beat the whole maze of caves in order to get the Hammer, and you have to avoid those OP enemy lizards that throw axes at you while at it, and god forbid you don't reach a dead end.

Then for the midgame the difficulty goes down. There are a few roadblocks that might make you use a guide, but nothing too bad. But then you reach the last stretch towards the Great Palace and everything goes to shit. Just REACHING the damn thing is hard as hell, with lots of pits and enemies that kill you in cheap ways by pushing you into the lava. And there's the Great Palace itself. HUGE maze with powerful enemies. And Thunderbird. And DARK LINK. Two horribly cheap bosses in a row. What sucks is that you can't even grind your way out of this. Even at 8/8/8 things kill you real quick.

So it's not that the game is super hard. It's that the game doesn't prepare you for such a challenge. And that's kind of a fatal flaw.

Yeah I get you there. The difficulty spike at Death Mountain is a little extreme. It probably should have been left until after you get the reflect spell. In my 1,3,1 run of the game I even ignored the Hammer and made use of the bridge to central Hyrule from Death Mountain in order to have the Down Thrust for Spectacle Rock. The Path of Death is also really cheap to the extent that in that playthrough I skipped the set encounters using a glitch. I think the difficulty of the Great Palace is fine though. Not only is it the final challenge of the game where challenge is to be expected, but it actually does show some mercy if you search around for it. There extra Link dolles, some fairies and, most importantly, magic refills periodically throughout. If you die against Dark Link Thunderbird stays dead too and the best aspect (though only because no where else in the game does it), if you get a Game Over in the Great Palace then you can start over from the entrance instead of having to trek across Hyrule and through the Valley of Death again.

I admit that I'm wrong, so I'll just answer that last part about Yoshi, Mewtwo, 64, and graphics.

Melee's graphics are okay. I mean, you have people like Mario who look fine. That doesn't excuse weird monsterous Mario World-esque Yoshi and Big Headed Mewtwo. That was completely insane. And there are looks I like best from Melee, but admittedly just FE3 Marth and the Ice Climbers.

As for 64, the graphics actually look fine. Yoshi and Kirby also aren't awful, so that's even better.

Obviously every character should be balanced though (except DK characters please never give them more ever).

also unrelated but today I remembered how Bomberman would be ten times better than snake

Might not make sense in universe, but throw some Oracle of Ages in there too and have the ruins slowly regenerate/decay. Oh and the Dark Tower in the background slowly being built over the course of the match.

We would never get a stage for each of those games, so mixing them up seems fair. And Maple flies over the stage at random and drops items when you hit her.

Damn, I'd be fine with anything from these games. Well, anything but the crown dungeon's music.

I admit that I'm wrong

Did... did this just really happen?`...on the internet?! D:

We would never get a stage for each of those games, so mixing them up seems fair. And Maple flies over the stage at random and drops items when you hit her.

Damn, I'd be fine with anything from these games. Well, anything but the crown dungeon's music.

I can see the Great Moblin showing up to chuck bombs at people too.

One thing I'll say about Snake is that I don't really hope he comes back. I don't like Snake, and I think Bomberman and even the random Tir McDohl would be better Konami characters.

actually sakurai needs to make tir happen

suikoden isn't dead

Went to my first ever local Smash 4 tournament.

Here were the results from my pool.

CTE3IoZ.jpg

My pool was: BigD was Ryu, Kerv was Luigi, Slancy247 was Yoshi, Lord Fluffy was Zss/Falcon, Sinister was Zss/Lucina and Me Mario. I lost with a 2/5 win matches and just got 4th place shy of Bracket requirement.

Interesting story during my first match with Slancy247, the matches were really close and he told me that he regularly attends these tournies and he has never lost to a single match to a Mario main since January until today. Despite me still losing. During friendlies, I kept destroying another guy's Falcon and he attends these regularly too and he was surprised by my playstyle. He said I was nothing like most Mario mains and I kept throwing him off a lot and he was really determined to beat me. He did like maybe 2 out of the 9 or so friendly matches. It was awesome knowing that my playstyle of Mario throws a lot of people off.

Edited by kingddd

Thats really neato to hear KingDDD! Hope you continue doing more ^^

Thanks and apparently BigD, is number 1 in my district. So I got put into the best player of the tournie haha.

One thing I'll say about Snake is that I don't really hope he comes back. I don't like Snake.

So...just because you don't like Snake means people who mained and enjoyed him in Brawl should be left without Snake also.

Logic? What's that shit?

I don't think Snake is returning due to Konami going full-on stupid, but that doesn't mean I hope he never returns.

So...just because you don't like Snake means people who mained and enjoyed him in Brawl should be left without Snake also.

Logic? What's that shit?

I don't think Snake is returning due to Konami going full-on stupid, but that doesn't mean I hope he never returns.

Let the guy think what he wants lol. His opinion not going to affect Snake's return.

That said I don't really want Snake back either.

Logic? What's that shit?

This argument is hideously whiny and also actually hypocritical.

Squirtle? Ivysaur? Pokemon Trainer was one of my mains. Do you see me campaigning for them to return? Obviously not. I once had a dream after Greninja was revealed that Ivysaur was too. One of my other mains? Lucas. It took a whole for Lucas to return.

All I had was R.O.B. as I don't like Charizard.

My Melee main? Pichu. Maybe it's my fault for liking obviously cut fodder Pokemon but whatever. People move on, and games need to grow. We already have 2 third parties and 3 veterans. We don't need someone fitting both criteria. In fact, hopefully no one comes back. The ballot was pretty obviously for newcomers. I'd rather have K. Rool than another veteran.

Let the guy think what he wants lol. His opinion not going to affect Snake's return.

That said I don't really want Snake back either.

Nevermind. I want Snake now. I hope I never agree with you on anything. I've hated every opinion you've ever posted. You dislike Cloud lol.

This argument is hideously whiny and also actually hypocritical.

Nevermind. I want Snake now. I hope I never agree with you on anything. I've hated every opinion you've ever posted. You dislike Cloud lol.

You've just lost some of your own credibility while posting with this attitude. Why do you need to behave like this?

You've just lost some of your own credibility while posting with this attitude. Why do you need to behave like this?

Nothing irritates me more than someone suggesting a character SHOULD be cut. If you notice, I compose myself the same way toward people who say that Dark Pit or Villager or Wii Fit Trainer or R.O.B. are bad. That's terrible. Why should someone suggest a character is "undeserving?" I'd rather have unique Dark Pit than someone who wants to cut him get their way. What about when Ana didn't like Lucina? Or when numerous people complained about Dark Pit? I said the same things. It's totally insensitive to wish a character away. Those characters have fans and anyone who likes them shouldn't be punished due to popular opinion.

Characters who are already cut are unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done. Snake and Squirtle and Ice Climbers are gone. No need to cut anyone else.