SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I agree with this... Cloud can have an actual alt costume, but Ike can't have Vanguard and Toon Link can't have the lobster shirt or engineer clothes and Link can't have his TP tunics?

I will admit, I like Cloud alot and him getting his AC gear was a nice nod, but the fact that Sakurai still hasn't given us other simple alts is questionable.

One of Cloud's taunts being squats would be the greatest and I would spam it at every opportunity.

SQUAT MINIGAME.

Also I think we saw his 3 taunts? His victory pose from ff7, his casting animation, and the pose in your avatar. Not so sure on the first one because that may have been just for the trailer.

Edit: Also yeah Alph and The Bowser Jr Alts sorry.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit, I like Cloud alot and him getting his AC gear was a nice nod, but the fact that Sakurai still hasn't given us other simple alts is questionable.

Yeah, exactly. It's a slap in the face to characters like Ike and Link who have actual other outfits in their series. :( Sakurai, plz, if you can give Cloud a nice nod like that, you can do Vanguard Ike, Grandmaster Robin, Engineer Toon Link, and Magic Armor Link... Even if they're just alternate palettes rather than costumes.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm in the camp that if Cloud appears in any form of a media with alternate costumes, he must be featured wearing at least one dress.

Also with all this talk about alternate costumes I can't help but think Nintendo could successfully release a My Style Boutique, Smash Bros edition.

Edited by Jotari

SQUAT MINIGAME.

Also I think we saw his 3 taunts? His victory pose from ff7, his casting animation, and the pose in your avatar. Not so sure on the first one because that may have been just for the trailer.

Sounds about right yeah

Missed opportunity though

Also with all this talk about alternate costumes I can't help but think Nintendo could successfully release a My Fashion Boutique, Smash Bros edition.

Inb4 everyone dresses everyone in swimsuits, myself included in the case of Ike.

Eh, I honestly haven't a clue as to what they could do for Cloud's costumes. We get his normal one and Advent Children one, that's sorta like Wario having is WarioWare one and regular plumber one, so I'm betting Cloud will just have different colors like the majority of the cast.

I mentioned this before, but my guess for Cloud's alternate palllets will be the other Final Fantasy heroes like a pure white one representing Cecil, a red one with green hair representing Terra, a blue one with brown hair representing Bartz and so on.

Also,

I demand a "not interested" taunt!

I mentioned this before, but my guess for Cloud's alternate palllets will be the other Final Fantasy heroes like a pure white one representing Cecil, a red one with green hair representing Terra, a blue one with brown hair representing Bartz and so on.

Also,

I demand a "not interested" taunt!

While this would be a really cool thing to do, due to my Aerith/Aeris fanboy nature, I really want a color that references her.

I think that Cloud's outfit will follow Shulk logic and have the colors of the other playable characters, with the final outfit being the different one.

- Cloud (Default)

- Barret

- Tifa

- Aerith

- Cid

- Yuffie

- Vincent

- Advent Children

Pretty sure his idle animations were shown in the trailer

Only one I can think of is him holding out his sword. It's possible that the pose in your avatar might be an idle position, too.

Only one I can think of is him holding out his sword. It's possible that the pose in your avatar might be an idle position, too.

There's a shot of two Clouds in the different costumes each doing a different idle pose

Is that so? To be honest, I never payed much attention to the idle animations for characters. The taunts and victory screens were always the best part for me.