SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ugh, fuck IE and its inability to quote posts here.

The only thing Ghirahim has in common with Gangrel is using a sword. Ghirahim has a much more notable role in his game, he uses magic and projectiles, and he's much more popular. They are way different. Also, you fight Ghirahim three times, whereas you only fight Gangrel once. You fight Validar and Walhart more than you fight Gangrel.

I'd say Ghirahim is more comparable to Validar and Black Knight, the latter of which wouldn't be too farfetched as a villain rep for FE.

Zelda's a fighter too, btw. She helps Link fight in Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and now Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Mario RPG and Super Princess Peach say otherwise. :rolleyes:

Super Mario RPG I am unaware of, but Super Princess Peach came out well after Melee.

Man Grhaim is way more important than stupid Gangrel xDDD and Girhaim actually even makes more original sense in the franchise, being an original villain (Nothing saw in a Zelda before even tho it was in other RPGs) and main plot villain with personality and fandom. Plus, he even has a lot of battles, EVEN THE FIRST BOSS and moveset clearly original and new in comparison to what a non fighter could bring like Tingle.

Definetely if there was another Zelda newcomer, I would chose Grihaim after Midna was away (Which she is) or maybe Impa, but then would be Vaati and "Nothing" because nothing really deserves that much, Zelda has Ganon as a recurring and monstrous bosses as enemies, usually not a "humanoid" guy you could find attractive to be recurring or interesting moveset to be honest.

Gangrel plot importance is the same Lundgren has in FE7, deal with that, Girhaim holds the major plot villain for the entire game and his development is by far better regardless how you want to see it xD .

Ugh, fuck IE and its inability to quote posts here.

The only thing Ghirahim has in common with Gangrel is using a sword. Ghirahim has a much more notable role in his game, he uses magic and projectiles, and he's much more popular. They are way different. Also, you fight Ghirahim three times, whereas you only fight Gangrel once. You fight Validar and Walhart more than you fight Gangrel.

I'd say Ghirahim is more comparable to Validar and Black Knight, the latter of which wouldn't be too farfetched as a villain rep for FE.

Ugh. I thought I was making it clear where I was drawing the comparison. Yeah, Ghirahim is more prominent in his game, no shit. But they are similar characters for the reasons I listed. They're the same archetype, essentially.

Black Knight at least appeared in two games. And is just a much better character and villain in general.

Stop using IE. Get Firefox or Chrome. Or Safari.

Zelda's a fighter too, btw. She helps Link fight in Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and now Hyrule Warriors.

Zelda (back in the day, at least)

Read plz. None of those were out when Melee was. Besides, her roles in Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess hardly count as "fighting" at all. Wasn't she just a ghost in Spirit Tracks (this is the only Zelda game since I began the series that I never actually finished, so I don't know what might have happened later on)? And all she did in WW and TP was shoot Ganondorf with light arrows.

Normally I DO use Firefox. But because my laptop died, I'm forced to borrow my mom's PC and she refuses to use anything BUT IE.

Anyway, I still don't think Ghirahim is comparable to Gangrel. But we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's not like any of these characters will be playable anyway. Tingle was the only one with a good chance but he's an AT now, so Validar/Gangrel/Black Knight/Griharim/Vaati probably won't get even that.

(I could see the Black Knight as a Boss, but even that is kinda pushing it. I could see Gharnef or Grima showing up first in the event of an FE boss.)

I'd say Vaati had the best chance, actually, which is one reason I wanted him. He's the most recurring Zelda villain after Ganondorf, and since you all think remakes count, he had a recent appearance with the Four Swords remake/re-release for 3DS. And he'd be more fitting as a Smash fighter than Tingle, no doubt.

Speaking of which if you can only get one Amiibo which one would it be? Assuming all confirmed characters in the roster so far.

Nooo, you can't make me choose between Marth and Link. D:

I would definitely place Tetra/Toon Zelda and Impa above Vaati.

I just... I REALLY don't see Vaati being playable. Can't really put my finger on why, but I really just don't see it happening. I suppose he's on a similar level with the likes of Isaac and an Advance Wars character. The moveset potential is clearly there, but there's very little reasons other than that to justify a playable role.

Only one Amiibo? That's just cruel. Guess I'll go with ROB because it would look really cool.

Also getting Rosalina, Lucario, and probably Mario and Zelda. Oh, and definitely Pac-Man.

Edited by Jave

Tharja's too big for Smash Bros.

If you get this drift, you'll know what he means.

We only know that that one and Id (Purpose) from Awakening are in. But I sure hope that all of Brawl's FE tracks are in too. Especially Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme given that Ike is sticking around. And it's my favorite. :3

(and here's a little fun fact for y'all: I first heard Eternal Bond in Brawl, before I ever played FE!)

If an FE13 track's been in, then our third rep will be Chrom, MU, or Celica.

Not really. The thing is, Gamefreak contacted Sakurai at the beggining of the game, and they told him Greninja would be very suitable for smash, so he took the idea. What happened later? Fenekkin who was BY FAR the most favourite starter, got 2 horrible evolutions and the same goes for Chespin (Those 2 appear as pokeballs in smash) while Froakie who was the less original and likeable starter got Greninja evolution who was cool as *** for the world. Maybe not directly intentional, but you can easily see the 3 starters evolutions and everyone would know who was going to be the most popular from those 3, specially funny if you look at the starters without evolution like I told, they were the opposite in popularity. They may even planned everything from the beggining, but regardless if you look the 3 the only one who could make it is Greninja, and the one who got most signature moves was him as well. (Not to mention he is also the op one in the metagame).

Because clones are kept as clones regardless the minor changes he did in Brawl. Ganondorf, Lucas and Toon Link are somewhat clones in Brawl and Falco at least got different jabs and tilts/smashes but similar anyways. The thing is Roy´s data are inside the game and he is Marth clone even in the final smash, while Mewtwo was original and retained his original unique moveset in Brawl data. So its pretty unlikely he would have given Roy a brand new moveset taking Ike away, whose unique moveset along "style" is totally superior in what Roy could be taking the character fight style and personality (Roy/Eliwood/Marth are mostly "the same", while Hector/Ike/Ephraim would be the different ones)

In fact this is one of the main reasons Sakurai when he announced the game, that he was finally going to take out all the clone movesets (Then Toon Link came back, bla bla I dont want to start an argue, but you have to agree he shares many traits with original Link despise different aerials or metagame, animation wise goes like that). And anyways Roy is still being kept in Ike´s neutral (and no sense whatsoever) special B, so I dont think he would come back

That is why that I never evolve (beyond 2nd) none of the 6th gen starters but Frogadier.

I have to disagree that Fennekin's evolutions are horrible. Admittedly, I wanted the line to stay quadrupedal, but I still like Braixen and Delphox. They're a lot cooler than Frogadier and Greninja, imo. Chespin's evolutions DO suck though, I agree with that.

But if an X/Y Pokémon had to be playable, I hoped for Sylveon. >_>

I don't evolve Braxien as it is better looking and has less weaknesses.

Well thats just 8094 votes xDDd pretty much slim considering the worldwide, but "regardless" the point is clear, Froakie was by far the worst claimed and then he became the most due Greninja.

If we consider that to be true anyways (Imnot saying you are lyeing or its wrong) and Chespin was the most popular, then the case is even more ironic xD, Chespin getting by far the worst final evolution and Froakie getting the best xDD (Popularity wise)

In the end the theory that Gamefreak conspired for all this makes sense (?) They wanted Greninja at smash and deliberetaly made the other starters get worse in the evolutions and made Greninja badass and the best competitive wise xDDD

^
This...

You know, I found Japan's love of girly guys weird enough, but I found their love for Tingle to be even weirder than that. Tingle is the single most creepy and ANNOYING character in the Zelda series, imo. The only game I could tolerate him in was The Minish Cap and that's because he and his brothers give you access to the awesome Magical Boomerang and don't ask for you to empty your friggin wallet or do a stupid dance. xP

He wasn't that bad in Four Swords Adventures, but there he can take all those precious Force Gems and then taunt you. >.>

So believe me, I'm glad he's merely an assist trophy in Smash and not playable. NEVER forget how much the west hates this little fucker, Sakurai. xP

Just like Henry. (FE13)

Oh, how could I forget Lilina? Rutger also seems a pretty solid choice.

But, uh, what there is supposed to surprise me?

Stickers and Asset trophies would be best for them.

Smash (competitive) players and fighting game (AKA "fighter") (or maybe that's just 2D fighting games, whatever) players have a long, storied history of getting pissy at each other over nomenclature, recognition and petty distinctions, such that to me, the mere act of calling smash a fighting game on some level seems deliberately provocative

(yes I do know how melodramatic that sounds, thanks for asking)

[spoiler="FUCK YOU => NOFUCKYOUUUU"]

"The fuck are you talking about calling it a fighting game? It's clearly a different genre!" => "You fight people in it! What more do you want?"

"It's marketed as a party game, its gameplay is centered around completely different core concepts, and both its developer and publisher fucking hates you guys trying to take it serious!" => "The players define a game, not its marketing, and we have fun playing it this way! And it's not like everybody who plays [insert household name fighter here] takes it seriously!"

"Its default setting is items-on, and look at all the crazy stages! It's clearly not supposed to be competitive!" => "You can obviously turn them off, and there are more reliable alternatives within the game!"

"The game is designed to have them on, and to be played as a free-for-all!" => "There's a wealth of competitive depth to be derived from 1v1 battles without them!"

"Yeah right, the amount and quality of that 'depth' is shallow as fuck!" => "We have a relatively huge (for grassroots) competitive community that would beg to differ! Come beat us at our game, then, if it's so easy!" => "WHY WOULD WE WANT TO DO THAT? IT'S ASS! And it's not like we have to prove shit about our games, which are self-evidently far better!" => "YOU'RE ass, and that's debatable!"

[a whole other line of quarreling begins, and continues roughly until the sea reclaims everything]

[seriously, I've seen multiple forum threads go for dozens of pages]

"None of that even matters, the people in your community are so famously ass that you could never be respectable!" => "WHAT?! Who are you to talk? Your community is roughly the most ass possible!"

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? You're a bunch of children, begging for our approval and throwing fits when that doesn't get it!" => "Oh, who needs your stinkin approval anyway!"

"Thank. GOD they've left!" => "...You are wrong about our game though!"

"ARRRRRGH" => "ARRRRRGH"

[it never ends]

[also, this doesn't account for the not-insignificant number of people who enjoy both on roughly the same level, but anyway]

My own perspective is that most of the people who play smash competitively are simply the ones who play it more than anybody else, and enjoy playing it against other people who play it to roughly the same degree. Intrinsically tied to this is that they enjoy getting better at the game, and, of course, playing with others who have the same goal. What exactly I decide to call that, and therefore smash, depends at some point less on the game itself, and more on whom I'm discussing it with. I feel like I might be seeing more media refer to the series as a "fighting game" when talking about it as time goes on, though, so.

That's all on a conceptual level, anyway. The full breadth of (competitive) smash player culture comprises a slightly different beast, with even more heads and idiosyncrasies. (as does fighter player culture)

Smash Bros isn't exactly fighting when the gravity of the game is like the moon.

Personally, I feel Ghirahim would be a WAY better choice. At least his moveset wouldn't be hard to come up with and is actually a character that fights. Ghirahim has a projectile in the form of those red things he shoots at Link, he has teleportation abilities and sword skills. He also uses a different sword in the third fight against him in Skyward Sword, so he could have two different swords in his moveset. His Final Smash could be him transforming into his actual sword form and slicing everyone into oblivion.

Oh...shoot.
I haven't even played the game and that right there is a spoiler. Oh, well.

Ah, he's still an AT, that's too bad.

With him and Midna deconfirmed I guess the only Zelda character I can hope for is Tetra/Toon Zelda. Griharim is a dumb choice so I'm hoping it stays out of Smash.

ndjb.jpg
jkl6.jpg
1pd4.jpg
6w85.jpg
...Or this Zelda version.
Need this design for the upcoming spin off of Hyrule Warriors.

But whatever, Vaati is actually my most wanted Zelda newcomer anyway.

(I'd prefer Vaati to either one myself)

What's the love with all the Vaati fans?
He was only a minor villian in the Zelda series. Prefer Zant as he played a major role in Twilight Princess. But...it'd be way too late for that as Twilight Princess is already nearly 8 years old.

Edited by Bimbo

If you get this drift, you'll know what he means.

If an FE13 track's been in, then our third rep will be Chrom, MU, or Celica.

That is why that I never evolve (beyond 2nd) none of the 6th gen starters but Frogadier.

I don't evolve Braxien as it is better looking and has less weaknesses.

^

This...

Just like Henry. (FE13)

Stickers and Asset trophies would be best for them.

Smash Bros isn't exactly fighting when the gravity of the game is like the moon.

Oh...shoot.

I haven't even played the game and that right there is a spoiler. Oh, well.

ndjb.jpg

jkl6.jpg

1pd4.jpg

6w85.jpg

...Or this Zelda version.

Need this design for the upcoming spin off of Hyrule Warriors.

What's the love with all the Vaati fans?

He was only a minor villian in the Zelda series. Prefer Zant as he played a major role in Twilight Princess. But...it'd be way too late for that as Twilight Princess is already nearly 8 years old.

I might get Hyrule Warriors due to Zelda FINALLY being playable. (Please correct me if she's been playable before. The oldest Zelda game I've played is Ocarina of Time.)

You said one amiibo? Dang. I'd DEFINITELY go with Zero Suit. But yeah, Zelda series has many reps already. I include Ganon since I think he's not going anywhere anytime soon. But, like some people, I guess I would like to see Impa.

Well, Carter, Zelda is kinda sorta playable in Spirit Tracks. She wasn't playable on the level of Link, of course, but you had a lot of control over her movements. It's the closest we've come until Hyrule Warriors though.

And as for why I love Vaati, I think he's badass and awesome. And I feel he's more notable than any other Zelda villain except Ganondorf due to multiple appearances.

Oh. Well, at least in Hyrule Warriors, we'll be able to actually play as "Zelda". Like "zelda" zelda. THE Zelda.

And also...

At first I was gonna ask what the song at the beginning was, but then I realized it was the Great Fairy's Fountain Theme, but just more upbeat.

Does anyone know if they have a full Fairy Fountain Theme, but the more upbeat SSB4 version?

Lets be honest, the only series that needs more representation is Metroid, at least in a relationship time-games, because others like Mother or F-Zero are dead from some years ago or may not have characters good enough for being it. The rest are "generally fine" even tho we could ask for one more or something like that, but Metroid is absurd.

25 years, a franchise that revolutioned the game history not only for introducing one of the first women in main role, but also creating the "Metroidvania" videogame style. And yet, even tho the series have continued through the years , they are only represented by Samus, despite dividing the character in 2 is still the same character representing the whole series, while any other character could take a place in (Specially RIDLEY!). The fun fact is Sakurai is aware of this, he has given preference to Samus/Zero Suit in this smash and has put tons of assist trophies and items of Metroid but he simply never put another character, despide showing Ridley in all the games.

Despide I would definetely love and think Ridley is the one that fit the most, I think the main point is that Metroid needs more representation, or do you think its fine the way it is?

Because even "pseudo dead" stuff like Starfox (Pseudo, since its coming back in the Wii U now, got remake for 3DS and lasted till Cube) got 3, "new popularity" franchises like Fire Emblem are getting 3 as well idk... The only ones with less than 3 are either dead sagas or "special" cases, like the third parties or villager/trainer/Mac which belong to some "weird" games. The only excuse could be Olimar, but I dont now if they would be really get "different" characters or movesets from there as I never played the games, but the rest are basically like that.

Oh. Well, at least in Hyrule Warriors, we'll be able to actually play as "Zelda". Like "zelda" zelda. THE Zelda.

You do know that there are multiple Zelda's and multiple Links's in the Legend of Zelda timeline, right?

You do know that there are multiple Zelda's and multiple Links's in the Legend of Zelda timeline, right?

Yes, but to me, any Zelda is "the" Zelda. They've all been just damsel in distresses. (Assuming, I only played Zelda games in which she was). It feels good to see any Zelda be playable, especially when none really were (besides what Ana had told me).

Any Zelda is good for me! But at least I know the brunette is definitely the Twilight Princess Zelda.

There was mention of Tingle not being in a new, non-remake game since Minish Cap, right?

Purlo, the guy that was running the STARS game in Castle Town, was designed to be a more realistic Tingle. So, it's still true, but there's also that to take into account.

For the record, I like Tingle's whimsical nature, but hate his penny-pinching antics.

I might get Hyrule Warriors due to Zelda FINALLY being playable. (Please correct me if she's been playable before. The oldest Zelda game I've played is Ocarina of Time.)

You could play as Princess Zelda in the CD-i games, if I'm not mistaken.

You can name "Link" Zelda in any of the games, and it's even encouraged in the first one!

Edited by Refa

daily-en.jpg?date=1403505597250

Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger.

On the topic of picking one amiibo, I'd stick with either Mario or Luigi. Seeing how Mario related amiibo figures will be compatible with a lot more games than someone like... say... Wii Fit Trainer or Fox (or even Link or Pikachu) I might as well pick a character that's compatible with more games (sure, they haven't announced every game compatible with amiibo, but it's highly likely Mario related amiibo will have the most compatibility with other games). Plus, I've always liked Mario and Luigi even as a kid.

Please tell me why the gravity of smash makes it not a fighting game.

This is Ayanami.

Don't get baited.

I never said this before as this truly does stretch the laws of physics almost a little too much. They battle as if each of these landscapes are that of the moon's gravity. It wouldn't be comical if they don't get knocked into oblivion far, now would it...?
Like for Palutena's case that she can control gravity and create storms at will, but Nintendo never takes it too far to make it too far-fetched and that Palutena is too kind hearted to do that to them anyway. Come to think of it, nobody's seen her Final Smash yet. It could be a thunderstorm. Who knows?
Kid Icarus Uprising (End)

Only reason that she created storms in Kid Icarus uprising is due to her being under Medusa's control.

Edited by Bimbo